[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the LGBT suicide hotlines help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>>
>>7032108
If you need to tell someone stuff you can't tell anyone else and it really helps getting it out
>>
4chan works better.
>>
>>7032108
I don't know, but I was hospitalized many times for depression and it is the biggest fucking waste of time in the world. No phones, no computers, "treatment" consists of coloring books, absolute bullshit with literally no purpose besides ensuring you don't kill yourself for two weeks.
>>
>>7032827
Yikes, sounds like medication would yeild better results that that shitfest.
>>
>>7032827
Not sure how bad depression is for you but for me out of all the damm medication ive taken the one that worked was wellbutrin lmao. Anyways not sure what u being gay has to do with your depression.
>>
>>7034314
Last part meant for op
>>
>>7032108
Kind of. I called one a few weeks back. Operator was really nice and it made me feel ten times better getting shit off my chest. But these things are subjective so idk how it would work for you
>>
>>7032108
You should be very very careful about calling those hotlines.
When I was younger I did and like >>7032827 said, if you were on the edge about killing yourself those hotlines will sure drive the nail into the coffin.

They will report you to the police most likely, you'll get fingerprinted, photographed, and possibly have a record of mental illness against you if they do end up institutionalizing you. That will affect your prospects of life insurance, gun ownership, and may turn up on employers background checks.
Those hotlines sound like they have goodwill embedded in them but they can really ruin your life for a very long time if you say the wrong thing. If you do call them make sure you do it anonymously on an untraceable phone.
>>
Never use suicide hotlines - their only purpose is to keep you on the line long enough for the police to raid you and lock you up.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.