[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What has you experience been with conservative Christians or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: POKEMON1.jpg (38KB, 1024x420px) Image search: [Google]
POKEMON1.jpg
38KB, 1024x420px
What has you experience been with conservative Christians or in conservative Christian circles?

I'm a pastor's kid, and my dad preaches "confess your faults one to another." He's very much against gays to point of aborting gay kids tho perhaps he's different now...

I know not to get too close to anyone in the church because if they find out my secret, I'm fucked.

Anyone here share anything similar?
>>
They dont like gays lol
>>
>>7031041
My parents are big catholics (my mom teaches religion at a catholic school) and that parish had a program to try and be more welcoming to gays. You still can't get married in a catholic church since their marriage is a sacrament, but the Catholic church really reformed with pope john paul 2 and is pretty nice now.
>>
>>7031041
My aunt/uncle/cousins are deeply religious, they've never brought up the gays but have brought up abortion and how you need to accept Jesus into your heart and all that shit. I just try to avoid religion and politics when talking to my extended family in general. I'm pretty lucky, my parents weren't regular church goers, just on the occasional Easter/Christmas (if that).

Though I have yet to come out to my family so I have no idea how they would take it. Most would probably be fine with it but I suspect there's a handful that would be less than thrilled.
>>
>>7031237
I should clarify my dad is an arch-conservative but has always been accepting of gay people (his college roommate was closeted).

This is in the midwest where somalians are your biggest religious fear - probably a lot worse in the south.
>>
>>7031041
Very good with Catholics, especially online, and I mean orthodox Catholics, not liberal or merely cultural Catholics. The church doesn't consider the state of being homosexual to be reflect badly on you since it is recognised as something that isn't a choice (you can read about this in the catechism), it is instead a cross to be overcome. The Catholics I've interacted with have generally been compassionate and understanding. I probably sound like some kind of papist shill but I really want to emphasise how positive my experience has been with the Catholics, contrary to expectation and stereotypes.

Baptists, on the other hand, i have had an atrocious time with. See, a lot of fundamentalist baptist churches consider homosexuality to be a sign that God has made you an irredeemable reprobate, and that you are undeniably evil and irrevocably damned to hell. Absolutely fucking terrible. You might have seen some of these guys in the news praising the Orlando shooting and calling all gays pedophiles.
>>
>>7031577
and to clarify, by "cross to be overcome" they mean abstinence from homosexual activity. Most Catholics I've talked to consider "conversion therapy" to be unsuccessful and barbaric.
>>
>>7031041
>aborting gay kids

..H-how..?
>>
>Dwelling in christian circles
hahaha you must be either retarded or your life just sucks.
>>
In my experience, they usually don't care for the gays but not enough to bring it up in casual conversation or go lynching. Basically they're passive aggressive while still being polite.
Also
>Aborting gay kids
>gay KIDS
Anon, aborting something after It's born is just called murder. Report him to the local authorities.
>>
Raised in heavily catholic family. And not the understanding New Age kind. The "Dues Vult fuck all heretics burn the gays" kind of catholic. Told from an early age that anyone within the LGBT community is a filthy sodomite who will burn in hell, and i believed it for years, and acted upon that opinion. Bullied the openly gay kids in middle school, started arguments online about why queers were destined to hell, etc.

And all to suppress the fact that i was, and still am, a closeted tranny. whoops.
>>
>>7033039
reading something so literally you miss the point entirely
>>
>>7031041
>Raised in a Catholic family
>mom, i'm gay
>ok, fine.

So glad i'm not a muslim.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.