[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1444251563751.jpg (36KB, 334x400px) Image search: [Google]
1444251563751.jpg
36KB, 334x400px
I'm a guy and I'm getting more and more intense dysphoria everyday. The problem is my parents are very religious and conservative and I'm afraid they'd hate me for transitioning. They seem to respect trans people as in not outright hate them but I'm not sure they'd like it for their child. So I came up with two plans:

A

>Get whatever career I want
>Get my own home
>Start transition
>Never contact them again

B

>Get a high prestige career like aeronautic engineering because I'm autistic enough to do it
>Explain myself thoroughly to them, say they should respect my individual rights and all that shit
>Possibly my professional achievements help them accept my transition because they're like that
>Maybe switch to another career

First one is riskless but I really don't want to lose contact with them. With the second one I could either maintain contact or get into a bunch of shit for nothing and lose contact the same way. Yes, they're assholes but I love them.

Which one is a better choice? If you have any other ideas please tell me.
>>
Become a beautiful passin woman so that they have no choice but to realize you're serious and accept u
>>
Religious and conservative =/= transphobic in all cases, you said yourself that they seem to respect them. Just come out about it and tell them that it's important to you, I'm sure they care more about your well-being. No need to work yourself to death while already fucked up from dysphoria just to make your case better.
>>
>>7020491
Do you expect your parents to disown you or anything?
>>
Same position here mate. Ultra catholic mother, atheist but conservative father. Both have said multiple times that they think transgender people are "gross", "sinful", and "mentally deranged". My plan is to repress it as long as I can, get out of the house, move across country, and try to lessen dysphoria as much as i can. Of course by that time i'll be like 30 and a hon but its something
>>
>>7020586
Why do you want / need to move across the country? get a job, get a cheap place, transition.
>>
>>7020508
>>7020525
>>7020586
Thanks.

>>7020532
I don't think they'd go that far, but they may still choose to cease contact as I said. I don't know if I'm speculating too much but still.
>>
>>7020717
You could always just drop hints or bring up the topic and see how they react then decide if you want to drop the ball or become independant first
>>
>>7020711
I want to be as far from my family as possible before I come out
>>
>>7020783
So then you're intending to cut ties with them yourself?
>>
>>7020982
Basically yes. They're not good people at all
>>
>>7021144
Ah, in which case who gives a shit about what they think? Do what you want to do to get your life going and become independent then start transitioning if starting while still with them will be that much of a problem.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.