[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chick Fil A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 21

File: chickFilA.jpg (23KB, 312x255px) Image search: [Google]
chickFilA.jpg
23KB, 312x255px
Hey /lgbt/ after the 2012 discrimination against the lgbt community, is there anyone who still forgives the company for the defamatory actions against /lgbt/ people, or does the /lgbt/ community refuse to forgive them for their disrespectful beliefs?

Pic related.
>>
File: fiend coffee cup.jpg (322KB, 792x825px) Image search: [Google]
fiend coffee cup.jpg
322KB, 792x825px
>>7019632

Funny how much you like to bring that reference up, and it has caused a lot of backlash against them.

Never go there, so I can't say for sure.
>>
>>7019648

Personally, the same thing that they are doing today, do you think the /lgbt/ community refuses to forgive them for their actions towards the community?

>>7019658

I say here to you that you have a political agenda that you have?
>>
>>7019632
The idea of ethical consumption under capitalism is a myth. Money is always funneled up to the wealthy who use those funds to reinforce oppressive social norms that keep the system of exploitation running. Choosing not to eat at a restaurant because you disagree with the owners politics may make you feel better, but is ultimately pointless, you are simply denying yourself pleasure for mental satisfaction without enacting any real change. Plus their chicken is bomb AF
>>
>>7019632
There's none around here
I don't really care enough anymore to hold it against them, but I like popeye's anyway
>>
>>7019699

Now that's very cynical... But something I accept, I see that politics is a game of russian roulette, in a situation like that, when I thought about such, I had to pick a side, either support them or not.

I eat their other food, but rather choose vegetarian diets, so personally I did end up supporting them. Do have two children, but I do teach them to respect people, no matter what their belief is.

But that comment must be very hard word to say.
>>
>>7019719

I got around two, but still after the hateful commentary said, I've been wondering if the community has chosen not to forgive them still since the owner regrets what he said.
>>
File: hadescoffeecup.jpg (321KB, 792x825px) Image search: [Google]
hadescoffeecup.jpg
321KB, 792x825px
>>7019685

> Choosing not to eat at a restaurant because you disagree with the owners politics may make you feel better, but is ultimately pointless, you are simply denying yourself pleasure for mental satisfaction without enacting any real change.

Unfortunately, what he said is kind of right the most. As for the chicken, I hope to find out more information and what they have to offer, but I've heard that they are unique in some way.
>>
Considering they've stopped finding anti lgbt groups, there's no real reason to continue holding a grudge against them.
>>
I still eat there, occasionally. Their chicken tastes so much better than the majority of other fast food chains.
>>
The lgbt groups on campus don't like the fact that chick-fil-a is opening a restaurant on my college campus. Chick-fil-a didn't even make a public announcement about opening a restaurant.

Personally I'm indifferent really. But I can understand why they get flack for what they do with their profits.
>>
>>7019632
With that logic you may hold grudges against every company that exists.
Fine if you want that, but in the case of a boycot that means not buying anything ever again.
>>
I used to eat there, but I stopped. Bojangles has better chicken anyway.
>>
>>7019632
Lol
>I'm not going to eat your chicken because I disagree with your opinions
Why do you think this is reasonable? Eating chicken isn't hurting the LGBT community. People don't get propaganda while they're eating chicken, and the customers hardly associate with the owner. Seriously, the thing the LBGT community needs to fight against most is social stigmas and stuff in that vein, so companies that don't actually do much to promote their owner's beliefs (aside from playing instrumental christian rock in their restaurants) don't need to be boycotted. d
>>
>>7019869
I think what Christians need, and what you need, and what absolutely everyone needs, is a sense of nuance. A lot of Christians are supportive of LGBT people, a lot of non-Christians are hateful towards LGBT people. Everyone has their reasons for believing something, so blame the systems that have kept passionate, ruthless Christianity in place. It's amazing how empathetic everyone could be if they just thought about people as individuals rather than groups, and instead of reflecting what nasty people do because they deserve it, you should set an example of empathy. Then again, I'm pretty sure your response was at least partially, if not completely, bait.
>>
Who know homophobia tasted so delicious?

When I'm feeling tubby I'm not about to let politics get in the way of a quick and easy fried chicky sandwich
>>
File: smugloli.jpg (20KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
smugloli.jpg
20KB, 379x364px
who gives a shit, they have amazing food
what is it with faggots and getting triggered over harmless shit
>>
File: what.png (40KB, 350x362px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
40KB, 350x362px
>>7019960
>>
>>7019923
>4 sentences = novel
To sum it up, using absolutes like "all" helps no one accomplish anything.
>>
File: olgafFoxFace.jpg (2MB, 3000x2928px) Image search: [Google]
olgafFoxFace.jpg
2MB, 3000x2928px
>>7019632
>/lgbt/ community
social fascism nutjobs are not the /lgbt/ community, no matter how much they try co-opt it.
>>
I'm largely still against Chick-Fil-A for their comments, but, goddamn, I can't resist eating there sometimes. I love their sandwiches.
>>
>>7020244
Still wrong.
>>
>>7019632
I will not patronize them, or give them my money.
>>
I don't eat fast food, because I'm not a fatass.
>>
>>7020692
gonna go out and buy two deluxe sandwiches just because of your post.
>>
I just enjoyed a 12 piece nugget, as well as a strawberry shake from Christ-Fil-A whilr being trans and gay as fuck. I didn't even think about their hate for us while I did it because the chicken was too bomb
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 236x236px
I ate there about a month ago during a road trip.

I really don't care what their political views are. When I go out for food I don't ask the owner of the restaurant what their stance on gay marriage is before eating there. Boycotts don't work and are pointless. I just want a god damn chicken sandwich.
>>
Don't care about how they treated the LGBT

Just hate their shit chicken and lame waffle fries. Milkshakes are pretty bomb tho
>>
>tfw just ate there today

Gay marriage is legal now, so ultimately Chik-Fil-A--with all their anti-LBGT funding--lost the war.
>>
File: IMG_20161006_200913982.jpg (750KB, 2978x1675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_200913982.jpg
750KB, 2978x1675px
>>7020731
because i said i would
>>
>>7021026
Congratulations. You did something petty and evil. I'm sure you're mom and dad are both extremely, extremely proud of you.
>>
File: smugPepe.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
smugPepe.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
>>7021037
it was delicious
>>
>>7021149
I know for a fact it wasn't, because I've eaten those things before.
>>
File: smuggerPepe.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
smuggerPepe.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>7021171
that's just your shit opinion
>>
>>7020575
Not an argument.

>>7021149
>>7021182
dumb frogposter
>>
File: 1428857158270.gif (486KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1428857158270.gif
486KB, 500x375px
HOWEVER hobby lobby (a big chain craft store in the US like Michael's or JoAnn except with more stuff) has consistently been a fucktard of a company and actively discriminates against LGBT people and women on a so-called religious basis, especially when it comes to their employees. I used to love going there, but seriously FUCK the leadership of that company.

All Chik-Fil-A does is close on Sundays. They still donate to anti-gay groups, but as long as those groups remain ineffective, it's just throwing their money away.

Marriott is owned by Mormons, but I haven't heard anything about the company itself shitting on LGBT people or women. Sure the Mormon religion is nuts, but the hotels are pretty good.

>>7020900
that's how I looked at it. I live with my mom, and there's one nearby so when we need a fast dinner, she sometimes stops there. She agreed not to go, but after the supreme court thing I celebrated by gaying up their chicken. lesbos love their breasts, they should put that on one of their cow billboards.
>>
File: parachutes.jpg (9KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
parachutes.jpg
9KB, 324x324px
>>7019632
>be dgnr8 homo living in seattle
>december 2012
>go to chick fil a
>faggot protesters disturbing customers who just want a good meal and employees who are just doing their job
>it's freeze raining because fucking seattle is being an asshole again
>get deluxe spicy chicken sandwich and a strawberry milkshake
>inside restaurant is almost empty
>sit by the window enjoying delishus milkshake and chicken sandwich in my big puffy hoodie over coat combo
>listening to parachutes
>angry miserable lgbtq faggots protesting whilst visibly turning into gaycicles
>>
File: 1473798572096.jpg (78KB, 851x478px) Image search: [Google]
1473798572096.jpg
78KB, 851x478px
>>7019632
Last I heard the CEO was still donating to anti-LGBT activists, he just started doing it under his own name instead of the company's name.
I wouldn't mind eating there again if I hear that's over, but I'm not expecting that to change anytime soon.
I wanted to be too cool to care. But learning this wasn't some symbolic, isolated incident, that the CEO was continuously funding conservative activism, the feeling that I was acting against my own interests caught up to me.
My mother stopped eating there too, which I thought was really sweet.
I try to be realistic about "ethical consumerism," that access to products that don't enable some awful thing or other is itself an elusive luxury, but this was an easy choice to make.
It's worth it to just sidestep the whole routine of caving every few weeks and then feeling guilty about it.
>>
>Im gonna eat factory farmed food somewhere else because of politics

Seems kinda retarded to draw the line in the sand here.
>>
File: spiedrman.jpg (12KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
spiedrman.jpg
12KB, 480x480px
>not eating somewhere because the ceo thinks homo sex is sin
>letting your own sexuality have this much control over your life

who fucking cares? i'm gay but if they make good food it's not an issue, you goddamn fairy fudge packing bull dyke narcissists need to get over yourselves.
>>
>>7021037
>buying a sandwich is evil

I'd call this bait but then I remembered where I was. I don't even know why I come to /lgbt/ when filthy degenerate faggots like you populate this place.
>>
Jokes on you, they don't even have stores in my country
>>
>>7019747
>>7020529
If you have any cooking ability, the recipe is really easy to make yourself:
Soak your preferred cut of chicken in pickle juice for a day or two in the fridge, then bread it and cook using your preferred method. I use panko and baking since I prefer crunchy breading over fried ones, but you do you.
>>
>>7019632
There isn't one around here, but I wouldn't eat there because it's unhealthy as shit and I can make the same sandwich at home. I don't think I'd have serious moral qualms about eating there though.
>>
File: Hades11.png (240KB, 419x385px) Image search: [Google]
Hades11.png
240KB, 419x385px
>>7022565

Makes so much sense, and thank you.

Should be a easy /diy/ method for that. Did do some competent research and discovered their food is kinda costly, but possibly because of the time and quality of materials used? If it's worth making /diy/ style, then it's worth choosing that option instead of going.

I would think the employees could see that as a potential insult to their business, but their chicken kind they use is big and costly.
>>
Do you guys still buy Barilla pasta? Exxon gas? Urban Outfitters clothes? Purina food for your pets? Support The Salvation Army? If you do then you're being hypocritical since they all have anti-gay stances either in benefits or opposing gay marriage.

chick-fil-a was just the cause du jour.
>>
File: 305c7bda13e93bc76ccf32d7802ec3cc.jpg (233KB, 1003x1003px) Image search: [Google]
305c7bda13e93bc76ccf32d7802ec3cc.jpg
233KB, 1003x1003px
>>7023031

Sadly, I don't follow either with the exception of Chick fil a. I thought the Salvation Army was a charity to support the people who need help in desperate times...

Exxon gas, don't use, I use a website to search for good gas prices to fit my car, and Mobil isn't the best option for my car.

Seems like nobody can get along today with each other politically.
>>
>>7019632
I was going there at the height of the controversy. In fact, I was going there more often because people were talking about it.

The owner is a conservative fuckboy, but his job is to make chicken, not to save the world. Pretty sure the $50 he made off of me hasn't killed that many gays
>>
The truth is that if you boycotted EVERY company or person you didn't agree with in some way you'd be pretty isolated. I try to separate someone's political stands from their work
>>
We don't have it in my country but I wish I could go eat some, chicken sprinkled with liberal faggot tears sounds so fucking mouthwatering.
>>
>>7020728
Only a fatass thinks occasional fast food makes you fat.

Some of the thinnest people I know eat fast food every now and again. If you eat healthy the majority of the time one chicken sandwich isn't going to pack on 50 lbs.
>>
Nah. Fuck Hobby Lobby, ChickFiliA .. You can choose not to support those that stand against you. Fuck all fast food.. bunch of garbage.
>>
>>7019632
well I mean they have damn good chicken so
>>
meat is murder
>>
File: 0.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>>7019632
I eat there, its good.
Zero fucks given.
>>
>>7019632
If the LGBT community is willing to forgive Clinton for successfully helping pass DOMA and blocking the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell then why can't they forgive Chick-fil-A for donating money to failing bigots?
>>
>>7019685
Wrong. Ethical consumption of anything can have an effect. In fact, they did backtrack on their anti lgbt stuff. Cage free eggs and crap like that is way more common nowadays. The wealthy don't necessarily reinforce oppressive social norms. Otherwise, times would be very different. And mental satisfaction can be way more pleasurable than a piece of chicken nugget. Seriously, there's way better tasting food out there that's easily found. Fast food is bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>7023250
i'm with veggie anon but other than that i don't care about them
>>
>>7020728
>>7023216
I'm currently on a diet and I've eaten some fast food and still lost weight it's all about the calories
>>
>>7021149
>>7021182

Pepe avatarrer.
>>
File: Condescending Wonka Chick-Fil-A.jpg (47KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
Condescending Wonka Chick-Fil-A.jpg
47KB, 311x311px
>>7019632
>>
File: california-map.jpg (546KB, 1497x1635px) Image search: [Google]
california-map.jpg
546KB, 1497x1635px
>>7019632
Chick-fil-A should not open one in Palm Springs, where else LGBT make up half the town population?

Don't go to Palm Desert if you promote Christianity, cus 20% are Jews. And Indio (my hometown), don't touch the immigration issue, 3/4s of locals are Latino, esp illegal aliens.

The only Chick-Fil-a near me is Ontario airport, frequented by white trash from Fontana.
>>
File: 123512351234235.jpg (11KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
123512351234235.jpg
11KB, 183x275px
>>7019632
Can believe whatever they want, they make good food.

Feel like a super villain or some shit whenever I order from them, it's funny.
>>
>>7019632
It's not like it is hard to boycott them. I never eat their shit tier food anyways.
>>
>>7028359
About 3 years ago when I found out. Now I'm actively pushing for different methods of power generation.
>>
I must wonder though, how many people here who are critical or don't like Chick-Fil-A ever bought shit from any sort of store run by Muslims...
>>
>>7019632
they're an immoral company
>>
I actually knew of a Chick-Fil-A that was run by a lesbian couple. They might still be running it but I haven't been there in a while.
>>
I can honestly say I've never gone to one. There are a few around my area but if i'm feeling like chicken there are so many other options.
>>
Oh no, they hate faggots like me. Well I hate myself and it certainly seems that I am in good company here. So fuck it, they have the best chicken around. I have no loyalty to the lgbt community anyway.
>>
>>7021037
Evil!? Well now it is my turn to go there! Fuck you and your triggers or whatevee.
>>
I only ever ate food from there once. It was hatefully delicious.
>>
>>7019632
Best Fast Food place around! I frequent their place of business because unlike NBC and all other liberal businesses, they actually stand for their beliefs and don't let mobs of children dictate how they operate. Being gay doesn't mean you are stuck with whatever they tell you since that's all you're allowed to do as a gay guy is what liberals tell you. Liberals are fucking retards and being gay has nothing to do with politics. Eat a bag of ftm tranny dicks if you can't handle gay people using their freedom of speech and choice in ways you personally disagree. Liberals are the close-minded bigots of 2016 and their actions and words are all the proof i need that I will Never vote for a liberal ever again. Thanks to Chick-Fil-A I can have delicious chicken sandwiches AND disobey the retarded liberal overlords. Fuck Yea Milo, PLEASE buy 4chan!!
>>
their chicken sandwiches are too good for me to give a shit
>>
>>7020900
...I haven't gone since the whole kerfluffle about this shit in the news, but godammit. Now I want waffle fries.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.