[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really okay to depict a lesbian as a pretty, feminine girl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: snapshot200703231009071.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot200703231009071.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
That is, in movies and stories. I mean, it doesn't really represent the average lesbian, does it. For instance Sei in the picture is a lesbian. She is probably as feminine as a girl gets. I know threads like this should be banned, but even so, I wanted to hear /lgbt/'s opinion.
>>
>>7017793
Going by that logic transwomen would have to be represented by some nasty transvestite, because that's the stereotype.

Here's the thing people on /lgbt/ never get: Your sexuality doesn't dictate your whole life. Being lesbian doesn't inherently entail the appearance of a two legged bull. Why the hell would it, thats just some vulnerable people being gullible and easily influenced.
>>
what the fuck is wrong with normal lesbians? you're attracted to femininity so you try to look like squat ugly men?
>>
Er, well, so should OP be banned?
>>
File: Moe2009_Sei.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Moe2009_Sei.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>as feminine as a girl gets.
This is Sei after she graduates.
>>
This show is god tier and no one has any right to judge it.
>>
>>7017793
Is it really okay to depict a gay "guy" as anything but a swishy lisping faggot dying of aids?
Doesn't really depict the average fag, does it?
>>
>>7017793
You're a f/a/ggot for assuming everyone knows the name of this Chinese girl cartoon. Thanks for not sharing that rellevant information. I'm sure this is going to be a great thread.
>>
>>7018154
>does it?
yes
>>
>>7017793
Why would you even want to see an average lesbian in the movies anyway? Movies don't really depict average people in general, most people like seeing extraordinary people doing extraordinary things, average is simply not entertaining - that's just how entertainment is, idealized conventionally attractive people are always gonna be more common because it's just easier to make them fun to watch

Honestly I really like all the male gaze kinda femme x femme couples, if I wanted to see an ugly butch dyke I could just look in the mirror, there's no fun in that - if a girl isn't cute better make her particularly interesting in other ways

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of seeing less conventionally attractive women too, but it has nothing to do with representing reality and everything to do with the fact that if you're constantly exposed to one type of beauty it becomes kinda boring and waifu variety is simply more fun - I like them because they stand out, not because of the realism
Felix from Re:zero isn't a particularly good representation of a femboy either, but that's exactly the reason why everyone loves him, you're not getting a guy like this irl so the least you could do is watch your cartoon of the season and be happy that at least in the anime world men can be cute, though I gotta say he's quite a bit too idealized

Also >>7017927

My opinion about the question in the thread title itself is very literally everything is okay to depict in stories because they are stories, I might not like it and complain it, but it doesn't mean you're morally obligated to not write a certain type of character because I deemed them too overused or just don't like them for other reasons
>>
>>7017793
I know many pretty lesbians.
>>
>>7017793
I'm pretty feminine, like occasionally I'll wear a flannel, but most of the time I wear sweaters or cardigans. Every once in a while I'll even wear skirts. I like my hair long, and I wear subtle makeup.

I used to dress a lot more butch in highschool though, even wore bowties and stuff.

That being said, while I think butch girls are also cute, I really like other fem girls as well.
>>
>>7017793
Of course it is. Lesbians come in all shapes and sizes man. Is it okay to depict a gay man as anything other but a lisping queen? Yes. Why are dumb bait questions always asked on this board?
>>
>>7019266
If you like femme girls too why do you choose to look like a dyke?
>>
>>7017819
>Going by that logic transwomen would have to be represented by some nasty transvestite

but they are
>>
File: search.jpg (2KB, 84x94px) Image search: [Google]
search.jpg
2KB, 84x94px
>>7019266
Checked.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (9KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
9KB, 284x178px
>>7018233
Also checked.
>>
>>7017793
>anime
>realistic
Step up senpai
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.