[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do parents reject their lgbt kids despite the adverse effects?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: llll.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
llll.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>have friend of a friend is an FTM
>hes about 18-19, just started T
>used to go to my high school, got depressed due to trans-ness, tried to come out to his mother, mum told him that she wouldn't have some tranny freak for a child, either act normal or leave home
>stopped showing up entirely in 10th grade and became NEET
>sits around at home all day eating cheetos and playing vidya
>his mother has watched him sit in his room with the blinds drawn playing vidya every single day from the age of 14-15 doing fucking nothing and wasting his youth away
>would rather have that than accept that one kid out of the 4 she has is trans

>know lots of MTFs online
>they're all depressed closeted NEET weebs wasting their lives away who're in the same boat as the FTM
>know one who has tried to kill herself twice because her family won't accept her
>parents do not fucking care

>know another FTM online
>he has warped ribs due to binding
>rich parents refuse to help with top surgery and would rather see their child depressed and warping their own bones instead of happy

>some ridiculously large statistic like 48%-50% of homeless youths are gay/trans
>Leelah Alcorn.wmv.jpg.egg.png

Why are people like this? Isn't there a limit you hit where you'd think to yourself "no, this is cruel, I'm killing my child here, I would rather have a tranny/gay kid than a dead one or one who hates every moment they're alive"? There's ignorance and homophobia/transphobia but the things so many parents do to their lgbt kids are just plain abusive and usually they won't even take them to a therapist/psych to fix them, they just hope they'll 'get over it'.
>>
>>7017395
>sits around at home all day eating cheetos and playing vidya
>his mother has watched him sit in his room with the blinds drawn playing vidya every single day from the age of 14-15 doing fucking nothing and wasting his youth away

Oh shit that hit too close to home.
>>
>>7017395
>no, this is cruel, I'm killing my child here

It's already gone.
>>
>>7017395
>implying 99% of kids aren't one of

>mistake
>had a kid because fuck it that's what married people do
>we need a cute pet but not an animal!

>implying parents aren't angry when they get a genetic fuckup of a kid and not their perfect image of one

>they're all depressed closeted NEET weebs wasting their lives away who're in the same boat as the FTM
2real
>>
>>7017395

>Have always been a girl
>Can't express how I feel to any family members about anything (this is a recurring theme)
>Get caught doing weird shit my entire childhood
>Wearing girls clothes wherever I got the chance
>Playing female characters during role play (we are talking pre-school aged)
>Keep being reminded that it is a problem and that I need to stop being so fucking stupid
>Family members will openly vocalise Transphobic views to which the entire family will support
>Try to be a guy
>Study Male behaviours
>Emulate
>Hate my life, but at least doors open and people pretend they like me
>Stay weird in secret

I found out recently that if you lower your T levels and up your E levels that it can help with the anxiety. It kind of does, but it doesn't deal with the anxiety caused by people pushing their agenda and misguided views in you.

I don't know what is wrong with me or why I'm like this. I didn't ask for it, I certainly don't enjoy being this creature and people telling me it's a choice or a phase is getting spastic. Personality traits that last over 80% of your life without any change aren't "phases" and fuck wanting to be like this, anyone who doesn't suffer with dysphoria that wants to is an idiot... No offence but it's a shitty way to be, especially when you have no support network of family or friends.
>>
>>7017395
I wonder this too OP. I think these parents probably chaulk it up to "tough love" or some BS.
>>
>>7017395
Carry about someone thats not yourself? Nice meme anon.
>>
>>7018245
this

dumb frogposter
>>
>>7017395

I think the vast majority don't realize what the effects of what they themselves are imposing on their children are. They don't realize their child is pathetic and a waste of resources because they made them that way and they would have had a pretty much normal child if they were only accepting.
>>
Because they know transitioning is a meme. Seriously though none of these kids end up happy and we'll adjusted.
>>
>>7018344
Because being a depressed NEET makes you end up really happy and well adjusted. ;)
>>
>>7017395
> Isn't there a limit you hit where you'd think to yourself "no, this is cruel, I'm killing my child here, I would rather have a tranny/gay kid than a dead one or one who hates every moment they're alive"?
But they rather have a dead child than a trans/gay child.

That's the problem, and it won't change.
People don't need parental licenses to have a child, only those who adopt need to go through that process.
>>
A good deal of it is "muh religion" and "muh traditionalism".

Also, this: >>7017651
>>
My parents are in firm denial that I'm transgender. They've kicked me out with what I think is the intention that ill come back to them and detransintion or some shit. It is true. my religious parents rather see me decay into a state of daily suicidal thoughts, self harm, and utter misery than to see me happy transitioning. Their beliefs keep them in a prison where happiness is unrealistic and circumstantial based in the idea that I will "man up," marry a woman and have kids thereby fufilling Gods plan or some shit. Ive literally never found girls attractive; and I am a transgender woman. My parents have verbally and psychologically fucked me up. And now I'm essentially homeless. Living off my sister's charity. I need to find a second job.
life is unlivable in such conditions and it's clear as day why some poor kids off themselves as opposed to face that pure abuse from their parents.
>>
>>7017395
>>they're all depressed closeted NEET weebs wasting their lives away
>this is me except I go to community college so not neet, have never and will never tell anyone I wish i was a girl or ever act on those feelings
>have only taken online classes so I basically spend 100% of the day in my room in front of my computer

;_;
>>
>>7017421
same fuck
>>
>>7023788
>Ive literally never found girls attractive
Straight girls do find other girls attractive though...
>>
File: 1474126754033.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1474126754033.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
I feel so sorry for your friend. This makes me want to punch a wall.

>well yea see, muh JEEBUS cannot make mistakes. So live in missery, heathen.

Most people only have children because:
1)they want a social status elevator
2)their book told them too.
>>
>>7017395
I'd be fine with a child who was AGP and just did things to be a sex pervert. As long as he wears big sweaters, pants, and acts male during Thanksgiving and Christmas, I wouldn't care a bit.

I'd consider a 'truly trans' child to be a rejection of our parent/child relationship--I'd mourn them because they were dead to me. Trans isn't a mental illness but a specific set of false beliefs. Trans people falsely believe that their bodies, their clothing, and their 'gender performance' constitute their gender. That's bullshit. Gender is tied to your life experiences. My hypothetical little boy can no more become an adult woman than he can become a World War II veteran. Outside of Matrix level social engineering, boys cannot have the right sort of experiences in childhood and adolescence to become girls.
>>
>LGBT

One of these letters is something that has nothing to do with the other three.
>>
>>7024095

Yeah, it's L because it doesn't rhyme with GBT.
>>
>>7024102
:'''^) mother fucker
>>
>>7024086
>set of false beliefs
Your post seeps of those... Please dont be a parent not to a trans kid nor to any kid.
>>
>>7024086

Seconding what >>7024258 said.
>>
File: Burned.gif (10KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
Burned.gif
10KB, 500x450px
>>7024102
>>
>>7018339
Because most adults are wankers with no sense if propriety. They always see their kids as property.
>>
Bad, careless parents tend to raise childs with mental issues, WHAT A SHOCKING NEWS!
>>
>>7017395
>Why do parents reject their lgbt kids

usually because they are brainwashed by religion.

they are trying to manipulate their kids to do what they want by withdrawing their love.
they still love their kids.

some of them think they will lead unhappy solitary/lonely lives if they are lgbt and they think it is a choice so they try to force them to be "normal" in an attempt to make them have a happier life, which usually has the opposite effect.
>>
>>7017421
Thats actually pretty normal for teens nowadays though, except the mom waiting on their every command, unless you have like some south park mom
>>
>>7024095
>>7024102
What is most important to remember is society as a whole threw us together as ones to discriminate against. We need to stand united to have any chance.
>>
>>7024036
a lot of trannies are terrified of losing their "trutrans" membership
>>
People are dumb. Really, really dumb.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.