[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans people, how do you refer to yourself pre-transition? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: gender.png (1MB, 958x1014px) Image search: [Google]
gender.png
1MB, 958x1014px
Trans people, how do you refer to yourself pre-transition? Are you one of those persons who sees themselves as always being a girl/boy but others not knowing until recently? Do you refer to and/or see your past self as your gender or sex?
>>
I'm a trans guy personally and I have an unusual relationship with this issue. I don't see my childhood self as a boy. I don't see me as a repressed boy or a crossdressing boy or whatever, just a normal girl. I didn't mind being a girl until my teens anyway. Yet, I still don't like when people say "used to be a girl" or "changed into a man". It makes it sound like I chose to be trans--just woke uo one day and decided to get a sex change for kicks. I don't think I chose my gender yet I don't think I was necessarily born male. Something just clicked in my brain come puberty, or maybe I was always ftm but due to my effeminacy I didn't care until the breasts kicked in.
>>
>>7009500
I always say "back when I was a guy" or something along the lines.
>>
>>7009500
kek that person does not pass so bad

he just looks so smug about living out his fetish

anyways, basically what >>7009597 said or something like I was a huge closet fag
>>
I've definitely caught myself thinking stuff like "I want to be a guy/when I was a girl," but that's usually just when I'm not in a great state of mind. I wouldn't say that out loud to other people, wouldn't like it if anyone else said "back when you were a girl" to me, and don't use that wording for other trans people. Even ftm and mtf sound kind of cringey in any context outside of this board.
>>
FtM. This concept sort of goes both ways for me. It's correct that I used to be a girl in the sense that the world saw me and treated me as one, and even I took on the role before I understood what I was feeling. But to say that I used to be a girl is also kind of misleading, since I was always a boy on the inside, even if the outside world and even I myself didn't know it yet.

My issue is that I think it's kind of misleading to say that a trans person 'used to be a boy/girl and is now a girl/boy,' because it completely obscures the condition that caused the change, which is pretty important in such a discussion. It negates that there's a difference between a cis person and someone with gender dysphoria, and contributes to it seeming like something superficial or false, something that 'sensible' (cis) people
COULD do but just know well enough not to.

But at the same time, if I'm specifically talking about how the word treats girls from my own experience, then saying I used to be one is more or less accurate. I may not have expressed or responded as a typical girl, but I was outwardly held to the same standards.

So it really depends on the context.
>>
I'm MtF. I prefer not to talk about it with people, but with my therapist and girlfriend I usually just say "when I was x years old." With strangers I lie and pretend I'm cisgender.
>>
I try not to think about it too much. I hate seeing pictures of myself as a kid.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.