[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is transgenderism just a form of escapism? i've been attending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
is transgenderism just a form of escapism?
i've been attending my local center for meetups every wednesday, and they all seem to come from fucked up families, relationships they're not satisfied with, jobs they dont enjoy, or even poor financial status.

What does it really mean to be another gender and why does it seem to be a beacon of light for these people?
Is it unconsciously rejecting your past self flaws and wishing to take on a new life with a blank slate?
>>
It's called sample bias. You are going to a support group and surprised the people there need support and have issues. I have a great life and childhood. I'm a tranny and I'm successful. I've never been to a support group.

We change genders because gender identity is biologically hard wired and it physically hurts not to do so. If you don't experience dysphoria don't transition. That simple.

Also shit bait. Why would a tranny ever use the word transgenderism?
>>
>>7001464
No, you faggot, if it were about escaping shitty life situations, it would only happen to people who had been through shitty life situations. Most trans people report feeling trans from about as early as they can remember. If it were about escaping shitty relationship stuff, financial status, etc, why would I know I was trans from the time I was 6 years old? Also, I come from a very good family that is well-off, loving, and available.

Ik it's internalized transphobia, but please try not to make posts here that are transphobic as fuck, ok?
>>
>>7001474
>If you don't experience dysphoria don't transition.

i've felt 'dysphoria' since as early as 8. i want boobs, i've always gotten put down when people compliment how muscular my calves are, i admire my fem features, and it use to be the highlight of my days when people would mistake me for another gender.

i've been pretty satisfied with my life thus far as well, but i can't help but wonder if there's some secret underlying reason i'm suppressing.

i've focused so much on myself being trans, and as i see these other people i wonder what's the end goal for us? what do we see? why does it matter so much?

i can't put into words why something so cosmetic seems to be the end all and be all for me. i've had my letter for 4 years and dwelled on this.

>>7001477
not transphobic, i'm just trying to understand myself and others.
>>
>>7001525
You have an internalised transphobia. Transition before it's too late.
>>
>>7001464
>and they all seem to come from fucked up families, relationships they're not satisfied with, jobs they dont enjoy, or even poor financial status.
Like 90% of society.

Also
>i've been attending my local center for meetups
What kind of people did you think you'd find there? The well off trans people?
>>
>>7001608
>What kind of people did you think you'd find there? The well off trans people?

well fuck true enough, maybe it really is a sample bias. i've been going to meet other people like me so that i could feel less alone, but i cant tell if its getting better or worse.

i think i might be looking for others to affirm my own confused feelings because i don't know if it's right to do. i can't put in words what it means to me, so i'm trying to observe what it means to others.

bums me out though because its always been like this, always stuck in purgatory.
>>
>>7001474
>Also shit bait. Why would a tranny ever use the word transgenderism?
Wtf kind of point is this? Why would a really use the word tranny?
Transgenderism is a very common way to say it.
>>
>>7001525
>i can't put into words why something so cosmetic seems to be the end all and be all for me. i've had my letter for 4 years and dwelled on this.

Because it's not simply cosmetic. Hormones are not cosmetic, for one, even if their cosmetic side effects are generally desired.
But let's say you have a piece of string tied around your finger (just tight enough to feel it, not to cause physical damage). After a while, that physical sensation is going to become annoying, even unbearable. Is untying it a cosmetic procedure?
>>
>>7001477
>please try not to make posts here that are transphobic as fuck, ok?
gb2 tumblr, jesus christ
>>
>>7001654
>Hormones are not cosmetic, for one, even if their cosmetic side effects are generally desired.

it's usually the cosmetic side effects of the imbalance that we trans go for though (breasts, feminization, etc.).

as for the string, i use to go days forgetting to take off my hospital or event wristband, i think it's just a matter of how you perceive it. i am annoyed, but what's the best way to go about it, and what do i lose from cutting it?

i'm a little worried about fertility. i don't want kids now, but for my future self i want to at least give the opportunity. some days it feels nice, other days i wonder if it's worth spending tons of money and chemically making myself sterile. what if at the end of it all it was just a phase, and that 'string' turned out to be something important?
>>
>>7001685
>it's usually the cosmetic side effects of the imbalance that we trans go for though (breasts, feminization, etc.).
That doesn't mean hormones are cosmetic. Hell, many trans women don't even get the physical effects, or at least not for a long time, and still feel better being on hormones because of the nonvisible effects.
>>
>>7001464
Well, I certainly didn't enjoy life before I transitioned, that is for sure, but that is because it is fucking hard to want to be or do anything when you don't feel like you belong in your own body. My family ended up completely screwed up, but that was after I was already in the throes of dysphoria and repressing hard.

So yeah, I don't think your sample size is big enough. Also, I am doing incredibly well now and I never went to support groups. I actually think going to those is harmful as you need to learn to integrate with society, not small socially damaged groups of people.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.