[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for fellow trannies. How can you tell if someone is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 67700000.jpg (1MB, 1479x1479px) Image search: [Google]
67700000.jpg
1MB, 1479x1479px
Question for fellow trannies.

How can you tell if someone is clocking you, checking you out, or just glancing at you?
How do you handle being clocked?
>>
idgaf

but usually when someone mentions my XX chromosomes it's a good indicator of passing. Not a joke, this happened one time with a friend working at a gene lab.. oh boy
>>
Why is it called clocking anyway?
>>
just be pretty, then they're always checking you out :3
>>
>>6995668
The fuck is clocking
>>
>>6996585
when you realize someone is trans by looking at them
>>
>>6996520
Well that's my problem, I have no fucking idea. I always get pass on /passgen/ and when I post on rate threads I get about 7 out of 10.
But a picture is one thing, irl is entirely different
>>
>>6995668
I can't, which is why I have constant social anxiety and mostly avoid public places. : ^ )

>>6996488
>>6996585

It comes from 5 o'clock shadow. All the hormones and makeup in the world can't hide stubble, which makes passing impossible because people can see it. The term has become more generalized to mean "any time you don't pass and people notice it".
>>
>>6998227
>The term has become more generalized to mean "any time you don't pass and people notice it".

Always thought it meant getting caught. Like, when you're speeding and the cop is all, "I clocked you going fast as fuck." Same, like, derivative or something, idk.
>>
>>6998227
It's amazing the meanings that people give to words. Locally the word "clocked" is a colloquialism which means "caught on/realised/figured out" and has done for many years long before it was associated with passing. Therefore if you've been clocked you've been figured or caught out.

Maybe it originated from >>6998248 though, who knows.

t. Brit
>>
i have a really hard time telling, but i probably have lower than realistic expectations for myself. sometimes i catch people shooting glances at my chest (when binding) or stumbling over gendered terms, those are the only times i know for sure.

>>6998422
>>6998248
where i'm from it can sometimes mean getting punched in the face, though the speeding ticket scenario would make sense too.
>>
>>6998227
>All the hormones and makeup in the world can't hide stubble, which makes passing impossible because people can see it
>what is permanent hair removal
Even without permanent removal it totally is possible to hide, though, just look at some drag queens.

>>6998422
Pretty sure that anon is bsing or was told that someplace and believed it.
>>
>>6998698
>>6998422
>>6998227

Looking it up, everyone seems just as unsure of it's origins.

Found this:
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/79775/origin-of-using-clocked-to-mean-noticed
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/181017/why-the-use-of-clock-in-the-following-sentence
>'clock' is related to a human face as in 'clock face'
>'clock' is related to 'noticed on my radar' as in 'clock position'
>'clock meaning hit' probably comes from the phrase 'clean your clock', who's origins might also be unknown and maybe entirely separate from the other meanings of the word

Seems like it's just one of those words with a mystery origin.
>>
>>6997700
>Get a pass on /passgen/
The only way to get a pass is posting in a rate thread not on /lgbt/ or any board that has transculture going on.
>>
>>7002588
or if people assume you're pre-everything and want to transition to your birth gender
>>
>>6997700

Last time I posted in passgen a couple people said that I wasn't quite there, but I pass completely IRL (haven't been misgendered in a year despite interacting with hundreds of people a week, people ask about periods/pregnancy, straight guys flirt with me, etc.) 4chan is weird, I'm pretty sure no one here actually knows what goes into passing once you're safely out of "gaston in a dress" territory.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.