[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans Help General #124

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 29

File: Trans Help General-.png (209KB, 694x907px) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General-.png
209KB, 694x907px
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8

Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU

Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt
search with google for specific threads

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread:
>>
>>6946733
previous thread:

>>6874050
>>
i don't really know what to do
i'm just 19 and am 100% dead set on going female, but i'm autistic as fuck and have almost no life experience outside of yardwork due to homeschool
i rely on my parents and my boyfriend is in aus so i can't count on moving in with him anytime soon
i want to start hormones but i don't know when i can move out, i don't even have anyone to move in with, and if my parents find out i'm transitioning i'll probably be fucked :/
my only lifeline family-wise would be my grandmother, who is liberal, but my grandfather is a strict catholic so as long as he's alive i'll prob have it hard
ugggghhhhhh
>>
I don't even know if I'm trans or if I just have a cocktail of self-loathing, idolization of women and other mental issues which are coming together to make me think I'm questioning. I hear a lot about how trans people have like always known since they were kids that their body wasn't right for them, and I don't really feel that way, but at the same time the idea of being a girl has always just felt nicer for some reason? I like to fantasize of myself as a girl and I always kind of thought of girls as "better", not in the "they have it easier" bullshit way but more in just like a "girls are a better type of human" way. This is the first time I've really given serious thought to this.
>>
>>6948185
>I hear a lot about how trans people have like always known since they were kids that their body wasn't right for them

That's not always true, questioning and dysphoria can start much later than childhood.
>>
>>6948185
Gender dysphoria can manifest itself in many ways, and one of the most common ways is physically. How do you feel about your male characteristics? Do you think you would be happier with wider hips, narrower shoulders, etc? I'm wondering what ways you think being a girl is better.
>>
>>6948246
This. It's important to consider how you feel NOW and how you might feel in the future. Seeing a therapist to help you understand yourself better is never a bad idea.
>>
>>6948246
This. Early/Mid puberty for me when masculinizing effects started.
>>
>>6948252
I don't feel like its specific body parts so much as I just like the idea of presenting as a girl in socierty and being thought of that way. Like, I sometimes will play online games as a female character, not for anything sexual or to con men out of items, but the idea of people thinking I'm female and seeing them use female pronouns for me make me feel kind of warm and cozy. Like I said I never really thought of it as a trans issue before, up until now I just was like "Girls are really cool, I wish I was part of that group, but I'm not"
>>
>>6948185
>>6948314

Are you me? I could have written the same thing almost word for word, except that I also dislike my body and face and have felt happier the more feminine I looked since before puberty. I dont hate men or masculinity but I definitely feel this weird jealousy whenever I am around women, like I wish I could be less like a man and more like them
>>
Has anyone here tried the herb pueraria mirifica? I've heard lots of conflicting reports on its use in mtfs. I read one horror story about someone who ended up getting more facial hair and their hairline receded a little when they were taking herbal supplements to mimic estrogen.
>>
Is 23 too late to transition ?
Does my face change with hrt ?
>>
File: 1457764667800.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1457764667800.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>tfw the hormones have stopped acting anti-depressants and you're back to late nights of feelings of longing and hopelessness
How the fuck do people do this? The good feels didn't even last six months.

>>6948185
Dude I didn't know when I was a kid. I've felt weird and uncomfortable with myself and my body since I was maybe 12 or 13, and I've sorta felt like I was seeing a stranger in the mirror/pictures for a long time now too. I guess I've sorta wished I was female for a few years now, but I didn't really understand until I was 20. And I can definitely relate to the feeling of thinking girls were better, at least in a physical sense. I guess I never cared much for male characteristics.
>"Girls are really cool, I wish I was part of that group, but I'm not"
Oh man do I know that feel.
Look don't take what I've been saying as a sure sign you're trans. That's something you've gotta figure out, but a therapist can help you sort out your feelings while remaining unbiased (a good therapist anyway), so if you can find one that has experience in this sort of thing that might be good. Ultimately though, you just gotta think about it yourself.
>>
My psychiatrist thinks I'm schizo because of stuff that's been going on for a while. I have not told her that I am trans and want to start hrt soon since I'm still young. Do you guys know if anyone has delusions of being trans from schizophrenia because now I'm scared that it's all part of that and I don't wanna fuck to my body.
>>
>>6950958
No, not too late at all. Your bones won't change obviously, but fat will redistribute.
>>
>>6951274
people do not have delusions of sex discordance from 'schizophrenia'
people may have delusions that their body is actively changing sex, but that is not the same thing
also, the medical model of mental illness is bullshit and 'schizophrenia' is a failed label used to sell drugs, look into mad in america and mindfreedom
t. came out as trans at 13, crazy since 15/16
>>
>>6951319

Different anon, but I've read that schizophrenia is an alternate diagnosis that needs to be ruled out before diagnosing gender dysphoria. I'd definitely look it up, if I were original anon.
>>
>>6951337
That is true. It's stated in the WPATH guidelines (which many doctors around the world follow for trans care).
>>
I understand. Just been nervous about it because I was right about to come out to family and then this happened and just kind of made me question everything cause of the timing.
>>
>>6950356
Don't bother with it, you're just wasting your money when you could be buying actual meds. The effects (if any) will be so minor they'll be basically unnoticeable.
>>
What's the best way to remove facial/body hair? Permanent or semi permanent solutions would be preferable. Nair works okay but my hair grows back kinda fast.
>>
>>6954960
Electrolysis for face, its permanent yet expensive of course.
>>
>>6954972
How long does laser removal last for?
>>
I would like to transition but I am very scared of the increased chance of blood clots, especially when there has been that kind of stuff in my family. What should I do? :(
>>
>>6955055
Stress can also increase your risk of blood clots among a host of other things. If health concerns are the only reason you aren't transitioning then it's not worth hesitating over.
>>
I want to transition (mtf)

I've talked to my doc about it and I'll be seeing a psy soon for that.

Any thing I should know?

Also, is ffs necessary? I have a masculine jaw and broad shoulders.

Thanks.
>>
>>6955722
Just be honest and sure of what is in your heart. If you act timid and unsure of your being trans then that's all the psych has to go off of and likely won't take you as seriously. As to whether you need ffs, that's something you'll need to decide for yourself once you have some time on hrt. You might be able to pass without it, you might be able to but still be happier with it, you might not want it at all.
>>
Nipple soreness is a sign of breast growth, right?
Is it normal if it's only/mostly on one side?
>>
>>6956054
yes and yes

if there is spontaneous pain in the nipple (and you're not doing anything to cause it) then that's a very likely sign of growth
>>
what actually is the point when you will never be close to female proportions and it just becomes harder and harder to bear as the realization sets further
what is the point of suffering wageslaving for the next xx years just to suffer even more from things that are not fixable
>>
Any tips on how to fuck hawt traps
>>
>>6956462
there are things other than your body proportions that you can change
>>
>>6956529
if that is a huge source of pain and dysphoria it doesn't matter if you can change other things. and proportions are at the most fundamental level
>>
>>6956544
why are body proportions stopping you from taking HRT, getting FFS, etc. and living your life as a woman?
>>
>>6956554
1 not but it doesn't provide me any supposed "mental benefits" and will never change these proportions that cause me such pain and make me look like a man
2 not but ffs can never change the size of my skull
3 because you can't live as a woman when you look like a man, i have very little interest in seeing other people regardless, i get no inherent joy from that as i simply look like a man in a dress, and even if other people were to play along it i can't fool mysefl
>>
>>6956600
It seems like you're consumed by the desire to be a biological woman when it will never be possible. You can't do anything but learn to accept what you'll never have and make the best with what you've already got. Focus instead on the things that you can change (like your voice, hair, wardrobe, etc) and see how far that takes you.
>>
>>6956714
so then suicide is the only option i guess
>>
>>6956735
I believe even the most unpassable hons have a chance at happiness and contentment.
>>
>>6956758
only if they are able to delude themselves, which i am not
>>
I have a friend who is mtf on hrt (not sure what drugs. She would like to do MDMA, but I am concerned about any interactions they might have with the two. Does anyone here have any experience with this?
>>
>>6957277
I'm mtf on hrt and used mdma. You don't need a full dose to feel it. Also she should use it responsibly and not often
>>
Sometimes I kind of feel like I don't even really need to present as female, if I had an SO who was willing to just pretend and treat me that way in private sometimes. It seems like a lot to ask though
>>
>>6958861
iktfb
>>
What happened to the list of informed consent providers? Im finally trying to go get treatment friday in and i need to know where to go around Boston
i
>>
>>6956514
Yeah become a trap and go fuck yourself
>>
>>6960381
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/932389/Trans/Stepping%20Forward%20-%20Informed%20Consent%20Clinics.pdf
>>
>>6958861
but that is moving the problem though
>>
On a whim I just tried to look up some gender therapists that I could look into seeing and found this site: https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_results.php?sid=1474878551.6247_23872&state=MT&spec=187&rec_next=1

Anyone know if this is a good way of finding good therapists, or is this just a glorified advertisement center? Also if anyone lives in Montana and has a recommendation for a good one I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>6962573
that is how i found my therapist
>>
>>6962573
I've been getting referrals to therapists from a mental health clinic and 90% of them can be found on psychologytoday.
>>
>>6962592
Good to know, I was pretty sure it was legit but I'm still a little paranoid about trusting "one stop shops" for businesses since I'm still getting my email spammed after I trusted the first link for "best buy employment" lol.
>>
Anyone has a tutorial or a picture on hair styles.
Specially for people with some receding hairline on the front.

I have a similar line to this pic, but with long natural hair.
>>
I'm turning 23 in November. The feelings started when I was way younger (always would make up stories in my head about being a girl, daydream w/e). I dated girls and the feeling would go away for a while, then it hits like a dump truck at 100mph every few months. Sometimes it lasts months, one time a whole year. I'm established in the IT field (currently a web developer but was a sysadmin from 20 - 22) and I'm married. I lost 100lbs when I was 17 and ended up putting them back on over the past 4 years. Really, what do I do? My wife is onboard with me being happy no matter what the choice is. But like.. I don't know what the choice is. I'm not happy now and clearly depressrd (house is a mess, fat, all I like to do is sleep and get high) but will pursuing HRT make me feel better?

I'm going to lose weight again and I'm hoping to decide before I'm 24. Will the feeling that hits me go away once I'm actually pursuing it? Or will all the hardships I face make me feel more like shit?
>>
>>6963291
do u want to be a girl
>>
>supposed to come out on Friday
>still doesn't feel like that's a thing that's really gonna happen
Wew lad.
>>
Does Bicalutamide effect facial hair?

bit worried since I'm still getting laser, don't want the hair to become transparent or something
>>
Turning 19 in December. As a kid i always day dreamed about randomly turning female through magic or something. For a while stole my sister's clothes while they slept, stopped doing it after almost get caught one time. Go weeks without any weird feelings, but sometimes will look in the mirror and just break down. Had an anexity attack the other night because i had a dream i was a chick, woke up and i wasn't. How do i get rid of this shit
>>
>>6964751
You transition, otherwise it will get worse. See a therapist that specializes in gender identity issues.
>>
>>6964783
Is transitioning the only option to get rid of it?
>>
Would an at home fertility test be enough to tell me if I'm still making sperm?
>>
>>6964980
It's the only known way to really deal with it since repression generally doesn't work. That said, it won't necessarily disappear completely for you. It does for some, but I doubt it's a high percentage.
>>
>>6964990
Does having anxiety attacked and crap like that make me trans or is it normal
>>
>>6965036
That's something only you can answer. To me, and keep in mind that I'm gonna be biased as fuck, the things you wrote sound pretty trans. How do you feel about being male? If you could press a button and permanently switch sexes, would you? There are a lot of questions you can ask yourself and things you can think about to help figure it out, but ultimately it'll probably take time for you to sort out your feelings. Something that helped me a lot was not taking being normal as a given. Like, if I thought about it as though being a tranny and being normal each had the same chance of being true for me, then it made it a lot easier to determine which one I was.
>>
>>6965052
>>6965052
Being male is tolerable, but if i had button that, when pressed, made it so that i was born female and everyone saw me as that, I'd press it. So idk
>>
>>6965036
Normal people don't constantly question and have anxiety attacks over their gender, and what you wrote in >>6964751 make you sounds trans.

>>6964980
Pretty much. Repression will make you feel worse and the longer you repress, the worse your chances are. If you are trans (and it definitely sounds like you are) you want to start sooner rather than later.

Seriously, go see a gender therapist. If you ignore this, you will regret it later.
>>
>>6965071
It's something you're probably gonna need to spend a good amount of time thinking about. Seeing a therapist who actually has experience/knowledge about this sort of issue would probably help you a lot. They won't be able to straight up tell you, but they, ideally, would help you sort out your feelings/thoughts and come to a conclusion on your own. Just keep in mind that if what you're feeling is dysphoria, it only gets worse over time as your body becomes more and more masculine. Like, in high school I never thought about this stuff and was okay enough with being a guy, and at the time I just sorta thought that being a girl would be nice. Fast forward several years, and I'm getting depressed over having to be a dude. Don't rush into anything, but don't make the mistake of thinking you'll always be able to tolerate it, because if you are trans, you won't be able to.
>>
>am 19
>thought puberty was over
>facial hair is growing back sooner and thicker and in more places
>I grew like 1.5 inches (used to be 5'11.5, now am 6'1)

How do I deal with it?

I really truly think I' m going to just end up killing myself.

I can't stand being male and I can't even ignore it anymore because everything reminds me I'll never be a girl. I spend hours every day thinking about and sometimes crying.
>>
Why are sleeves on womens t-shirts so much shorter than on mens?

Big issue for me due to the cutting scars
>>
>>6965163
to give the illusion of smaller shoulders
>>
>>6965158
Escapism, get hobbies. It's poor advice, but it's all that's worked for me when I felt that way. If you're not already on hormones, get on those. You don't have to socially transition, but just being on them helps. I've started feeling a bit better on average than before I started taking them, though I still fantasize about suicide sometimes.
>>
>>6965192
Escapism is what I currently do but when I try to do other things I get bogged down in those thoughts.

I've thought about hormones but I couldn't risk anyone finding them.

It's so disgusting and degrading that I want to be a girl I couldn't have anyone find out.
>>
>Already questioning whether or not i'm mtf
>The girl I like just realized she's bi and wants to date girls

The feeling of jealously of having "lost" to the female gender is not helping my state of mind
>>
>>6965208
I dunno then. I'm still trying to figure out the same thing, to be truthful. Your parents respect your privacy so little that you can't stash them somewhere in your room?
>>
>>6965228
I'm sure I could but I don't want to give myself any sort of hope.

I know that I'd never pass and taking hormones to try to not kill myself just seems like putting a dying person on life support when you should just let them stop breathing.
>>
>>6965243
Up to you, but it's not like things can get much worse if you're thinking of killing yourself. Might as well try them out. You can always kill yourself later.

That was my line of thinking anyway. Sounds like you have it worse than I do though. Sorry dude.
>>
what happened to informed consent? so they still do this in the US and if so where can I find one near Boston?
>>
>>6965218
That exact thing just happened to me, I'm sorry.
>>
Has anyone else basically become repulsed by sex and averted to dating due to their dysphoria?
>>
>>6965208

>It's so disgusting and degrading that I want to be a girl I couldn't have anyone find out.

Don't be ashamed of it, it's not a bad thing.
>>
what do you guys think of this??

>8 years
i just can't believe that
unless they went off hormones, nah

also
sometimes i look at the trans porn on /gif/ becauseo want to see a body like mine, i dont think thats unreasonable, but FUCK, its so frustrating that all those men in there, are referring to ...us... as "shemales" or "men with tits" and whatever other inflammatory bullshit.

We're good enough to jack off to, but not good enough to respect? I dont understand this mindset.
lol is it gay or is it straight lol, haha
i hate men

i think i honestly rather be called "trap" over "shemale"
>>
>>6967183
>We're good enough to jack off to, but not good enough to respect?

lmfao, you serious brah? This is a concise summary of how men treat almost all women.
>>
>>6967183
I think "shemale" is just more of a porn-y thing to say. I still sometimes search for "shemale" when I want porn or hentai of it, although I use trap or trans more often for live people and futanari for hentai.
>>
>>6967280
>lmfao, you serious brah? This is a concise summary of how men treat almost all women.
i'm aware of that, but it seems like they at least view cis women as human-objects, as opposed to inhuman-objects

idk, i feel like its only become to bother me more recently. But this also seems to coincide with me becoming a functional lesbian; i'd "rather" be straight and have a dick in my butt and be with a guy; but i'm really just come to detest men so much i'm only romantically interested in women.

meh
>>6967292
oh, i see.
i'm not big on porn so idk
>>
I don't want to be a woman but don't want to be a man?
Like, I want a girls butt, belly and thighs plus ever since I started working out I hate how my shoulders are getting broader. But at the same time I know I'm happy with a penis and get angry whenever people call me a girl. The benefits of HRT sound ideal except for the fact it gives you breasts.

I've never fit in or felt comfortable with manly guys and seem to make friends with girls much easier. I'm probably just a nerd that wants to be a twink but realised too late but... Idk. Everything about Male aging terrifies me.
>>
>>6968483
do you experience gender dysphoria and if so to what extent?
>>
>>6968552
I don't think so? I've never had any issue being called Male pronouns and never really felt a desire to wear makeup or anything like that. However I hate the thought of being big, masculine or hairy and did have a recurring dream during puberty of what life would be like if I'd been born a girl.
>>
>>6968562
learning what makes transgender people transgender and why they transition would help

>I hate the thought of being big
stop exercising?
>masculine
define "masculine"
>hairy
some men don't like being hairy either and they just shave. what do you dislike? do you hate your facial hair?
>>
>>6968578
Can't stop exercising, I'm incredibly out of shape and weak. Was underweight for years and looked like a skeleton, everyone I've ever met m or f is stronger than me.
Masculine is things like big muscles, facial hair and short haircuts. Liking fast cars, fighting and sports. Talking about fucking women and getting drunk. Being the rock, the provider, the leader or dominant one. None of this is me. None of this is even close to being me. I'm 21 and bring out the mothering side of girls I'm friends with, they basically see me as a puppy or little boy in the body of your stereotypical nerd.
I barely grow facial hair and don't get any chest hair. But I'm OK with that because I despise it. I just want to be smooth and soft.
>>
>>6965158
I got a lot more hairy around 21. That's when my skin texture changed too. I thought I could live without hormones before that. Being on estrogen at least kinda helps, even without social transition.
>>
When does your body odor change? I hate how i smell like a sweaty male at the end of the day...
>>
>>6968483
>get angry whenever people call me a girl.
Why does it make you angry?

>HRT sound ideal except for the fact it gives you breasts.
Why wouldn't you want breasts?

Most of what you've said sounds like it could very well describe dysphoria, but these two things stick out.

>>6968596
>I'm incredibly out of shape and weak. Was underweight for years and looked like a skeleton, everyone I've ever met m or f is stronger than me.
That sounds a little extreme. Would you say you have disordered eating habits? Dysphoria can sometimes manifest itself that way.
Or it might be the other way around, that you're a cis man who has body issues that are manifesting in a way that looks like dysphoria because it defies masculinity.
>>
>>6968813
I have awful eating habits, barely eat at all. Can go a full day in half a meal if left to my own devices.
Lost my hourglass figure during the bulk and it upset me massively, even though it wasn't so much hourglass as skeleton.

For reference I'm 5'8. Was 47kg now 58
>>
>>6968813
Because... I'm not a girl. It's like they're mocking me or insulting me. Just using a girls name as a joke gets me annoyed. I'm not a woman, not Female. It's just... Wrong.
And same thing with breasts. I'm a man, that means I shouldn't have tits. It's not right, like a jigsaw with a piece of a different jigsaw in the middle
>>
So my new patches are 4x the size of my previous ones (6cmx6cm). The instruction booklet says I can place them anywhere on my thigh without hair, I shave a lot and I'm guessing hair growth under a patch will fuck it up.

Anyone got any idea for where to put one? I was thinking at the very upper part of my thigh, on the front.
>>
Is there any type of rules when picking out flannel/check shirts?

I don't pass and just want to dress a bit more androgynous for now

3 months HRT but a long way from laser being done with
>>
can you still impregnate someone on estro hrt?
>>
>>6968596

>>6967004
>>
How bad does dysphoria get later in life? I've been dealing with fine for 18 years, but lately it's been killing me
>>
>>6969377
yes, don't risk it
>>
>>6969475
It just keeps getting worse. Its killing you now. Do the math.
>>
>>6969475
how much of your life are you holding back by not transitioning?
>>
>>6969148
Not really. Just get something that fits properly at the shoulders, waist, and chest.
>>
>>6967067
it is a bad thing anon
>>
>>6969905
Not a horrible amount. The dysphoria comes and goes, it's just been a bad week.
>>
File: NoBoobsSad.jpg (47KB, 540x850px) Image search: [Google]
NoBoobsSad.jpg
47KB, 540x850px
How fast on HRT will muscle convert into boobs and curves? If all the cis women in my family are at the very least C cups will I have big boobs too?
5'9", 165 pounds
[spoiler]tfw I still can't start hrt yet[/spoiler]
>>
>>6972797

People usually say close family cup size minus 1, so like a B cup? But that rule of thumb seems old and probably comes from people taking spiro. If you take a stronger AA you might get more.
>>
>>6972858
B is for boobies and boobies is for me
>>
>>6972797
ay dude you look almost exactly like me
>>
>>6972915
Are you currently suffering from a toned masculine body due to poor life choices involving military service?
>>
>>6972936
Not military, but years of working out to "sweat the gender issues" away
>>
Suppose that I want a vagina AND a penis; is there even a remotely decent procedure to make a vagina without penile inversion? I want to be the futa that my destiny call me to be.
>>
After how long do hormones start having irreversible/hard to reverse side effects?
>>
>>6973731
>remotely decent
There was a woman who got the vaginoplasty done entirely with colon cells. Dunno how it turned out but that pretty much the only option until stem-cell becomes viable
>>
>>6973750
MtF? Infertility and breast tissue are the only permanent things. However, some people don't go infertile and some never develop breasts. I'd say any more than 3 months would be pushing it.
>>
>>6973731
no
that would only be possible if you were ftm because metoidioplasty (the cis-looking but tiny neopenis method) can be done without a colpectomy (closure of the vagina)
>>
Can I get sperm banked a week or two into hrt? Or will they refuse?
>>
>>6973902

Don't tell them.
>>
How does one come out to work without losing their job?
>>
>>6974074
Hope your job doesn't care or your state has protections for trans people
>>
>female

>dress the way I like (eg simple t-shirt)
>see shape of boobs in mirror
>feel deformed and grotesque

>dress deliberately to accentuate curves (eg tight shirt+pushup)
>see pretty girl in mirror, no strong feelings really
>some surprise that I'm always way curvier than I think under the form-hiding shit I usually wear

>dress to hide boobs completely (eg baggy as fuck or makeshift binding, or even just holding the bottom of my shirt out in front so it doesn't touch the front of my toso and appears flat)
>reflection makes me happy, peaceful

Is this a trans feel or just a bitches be crazy feel? I've got other shit going on besides this, but it's my main hang up. I definitely want these things off me some day, always have, but idk women just complain so much that it feels like that might be normal. I might be better off surveying some confirmed-cis girls.
>>
>>6974153
well, i'll say this -- i misread at first and thought you were mtf and my first thought was 'that poster might have made a horrible mistake'
>>
>>6973902
If you can still ejaculate and the fluid isn't clear then yes.
>>
>>6974153
give me your boobs
>>
File: IMG_5463.jpg (50KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5463.jpg
50KB, 482x427px
I've repressed my feelings for my entire life, but the dam's broke and it's all flooding out. I haven't slept in days, I just lay in my bed on the verge of tears. Looking at my body, or even just moving around, almost makes me break down. I don't wanna be trans dammit. What the fuck do i do? (male btw)
>>
>>6976574
transition.
>>
>>6976601
I can't go through all of that. I'd tear my family apart. I'm too old (18) I'd look manly anyway.
>>
>>6976634
There is no other solution. You should speak with a therapist.
>>
>>6976657
I still live with my family, I can't get a real therapist without arousing their suspicions. I've talked to the therapist they have on my campus anonymously, but she just keeps saying shit like "you have to answer this stuff for yourself"
>>
>>6976668
Well, don't wait with the assumption this is a phase or you'll learn of a way to deal with the pain, because you may be fighting this when you're 30.

You're 18 and you're still going through puberty. Act fast. Ask your campus therapist how to come out to your family.
>>
>>6976688
I really appreciate your help, but I don't want to be trans. "Coming out" would validate that i am, and i think it'd hurt me more then my family. Plus, I'm from a military family, they raised me that men should manly, that i should be a solider, and my whole life i've had that brand burnt into my skin. Coming out would make them disown me.
>>
>>6976634
>I'm too old
>18
yeahsure

>I'd tear my family apart
So you'd rather face the alternative of having dysphoria forever?

See a therapist that specializes in gender issues, a generic one isn't going to help nearly as much. Do what >>6976688 said in the meantime. Unless your family hates trannies you shouldn't be too worried.
>>
File: 1473650709229.png (183KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1473650709229.png
183KB, 1024x576px
Tfw turning 21 in a few months and haven't transitioned yet... I'm fucked..
>>
>>6976721
All the trannies i've seen that pass well started as a kid, i've already done most of my growing. 5'10, wide shoulders, narrow hips. I don't want to hurt my family, and i don't want dysphoria, I just wanna wake up a cisgender female and have been one my whole life. My family hasn't said they hate them (hell my mom and my sister watched that stupid I am Kait show, and other shows about trans people), but i know my father doesn't approve of them. Thinks they're sick
>>
>>6976717
To a lot of trans people, it's transition or suicide. This is something I don't think you've realized yet. You cannot NOT be trans. A therapist will really help with self-acceptance.

I think your parents are the biggest obstacle right now. Seriously, talk to them.

>"Mom, Dad, not saying I am, but I might be trans. Can I see a therapist?"
>>
>>6976769
I can repress it. I'm only 18, maybe it's a phase i'll grow out of once i get a job, a wife, and have kids. They'd think i was kidding, or cry. My parents marriage is shit already, this would be the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>6976757
Your shoulders are going to get wider and your dysphoria will progress all the way into your mid-late 20s. This is the fate you choose.
>>
>>6976788
Wait does it stop after late 20's?
>>
>>6976787
>I can repress it
Don't, it will get worse, to a point where you can't repress it anymore.
Then you'll hate yourself even more for not coming out at 18.

As >>6976688 and >>6976788 said, your features will just get more masculine the longer you put it off.

>>maybe it's a phase i'll grow out of once i get a job, a wife, and have kids
>I haven't slept in days, I just lay in my bed on the verge of tears
Doesn't sound like a phase to me
>>
File: Marine.png (2MB, 1277x7678px) Image search: [Google]
Marine.png
2MB, 1277x7678px
>>6976634
Here.
>>
>>6976809
No, anon is saying that it will get worse and worse as you get older, it won't suddenly stop in your late 20s, it will just stay at that level of worseness, forever.
>>
>>6976634
Look at timelines
>>
>>6976820
Ha, I actually almost joined army to kill the tranny in me. Backed out at last second. Probably wise move.
>>
>>6976787
I've been in your situation before and I regret so much. I repressed for as long as I could until I became suicidal at age 25, at which point I decided transition was the only option. I made life forever that much harder by letting puberty and my teen years pass me by. I would do anything to get that back.
>>
>>6976828
Ah wonderful. So it's possible complete rejection by family or internal torture?
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 488x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 488x360px
>>6976866
>>
>>6976819
It's been easier in the past, just momentary periods of suck. It's just been a shit week.
>>
>>6976787
Have you considered that your fears might be irrational? Not that I'm doubting your judgement. I'm not living in your situation. But you could try staging a conversation with your parents, like about that Cait show, to gauge their acceptance of trans people. And even if their reception is negative, they may have a more positive outlook about it towards you on the simple basis that you're their child.
>>
>thought I could get hormone prescription today
>have to wait a week for blood work to come in and go all the way back to Philadelphia to get hormones
So close and yet so cucked, my bootleg shit can't get here fast enough
>>
>>6976923
Part of me thinks i'm overblowing their possible reactions. But they're not good with change. When my brother got a tattoo they made him stay in a hotel for a week.
>>
>>6976787
>i-it's just a phase
says every trans person ever (before breaking down and transitioning anyway or killing themselves)
>>
What was the moment where you officially stepped out of "questioning" into "identifying."
I'm amab or whatever but like, shit's gettin' rough, yo. I can't decide if I really am trans/nb or not though.
>>
File: 1434208686222.jpg (28KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1434208686222.jpg
28KB, 375x375px
>>6976923
>bringing up Caitlyn Jenner with anyone you want to convince to be accepting of trans people
>>
anyone NYC here? did anyone use mt. sinai to get hormones?

apicha wants you to go to an orientation and callen-lorde is only accepting patients in the bronx..... might just self-med at this point. this sux.
>>
>>6977442
Been saying it's a phase for 18 years. >O-once i get a gf i'll have more confidence
>I just haven't had sex in a while, that's why i don't feel like a man
>I've just been having too much sex, that's why i don't feel like a man
One day. i'll stop the mental gymnastics. But today is not that day
>>
>>6977624
iktf

>>im probably just a lazy cis guy who should just try harder to be manly, no matter how unpleasant it feels
>>im just autistic or something and thats why im socially uncomfortable, i should just TRY HARDER
>>
>>6966545
Always. I like sex but have no idea how I would handle it. Just want someone to cuddle with.
>>
>>6967067
Sociatially, yes it is. You are throwing away your "manhood". People look down on that.
>>
>>6978018
I feel you man. The thought of being trans terrifies me, because my family puts so much emphasis on manhood, yet here i am, dysphoric as hell.
>>
I'm 21 and i want to transition, however, i'm almost 6'0'' and i feel so bad because i have so many manly features, and my family will never accept because its an italian catholic family.

I dont know what to do, i always wanted to be a girl, stole make ups, clothes since kid, but i know i'll never be any decent. I know it's a little cliché, but i'm very sad, i just wanted some motivation to take the first step and see a therapist.
>>
>>6978018
Well most people are fucking dumb.
>>
>>6978087
I turn 21 soon and will start transitioning. No one will accept me. I'm stuck in a traditional southern evangelical family. Eventually you have to learn to live for yourself. Do what makes you happy. Long after your parents and grandparents die you'll still have to live with yourself.
>>
I know i need to see a therapist about my dysphoria, but i've never talked about it to another person and i'm terrified. I just want the therapist to say i'm just weird because i'm 19 and still hormonal. My appointment is friday and i'm mortified
>>
>Been obsessing over this shit for about a year and a half
>Been on hormones for 6 months
>Was depressed and feeling suicidal a few days ago 'cause I'll never be a grill
>Suddenly feel like maybe it's all been lies up to this point and maybe I should just go back to being a regular dude
I know it comes in waves and everything, but this was the worst the "anti-dysphoria" has ever gotten, and the only time it's really happened since starting mones. Shit's trippin me out.
>>
How do I work up the courage to tell someone who could actually help me?
>>
>>6978580
Self acceptance goes a long way in making it easier to talk with people about being trans.
>>
>>6978580
I had to be moderately drunk the first few times
>>
>>6978623
How am I supposed to accept myself if I hate myself?
>>6978668
Not old enough to drink yet.
>>
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but if it is I would appreciate the help.

Which surgeon makes the best fake vaginas? I'm thinking somebody in Thailand but I don't know..
>>
I'm sick of feeling this way. If it doesn't go away soon I'm gonna go insane. I have no one to talk to about this; my friends would hate me, my girlfriend would leave me, and my mother would disown me. I never asked for any of this.
>>
File: 1433398019390.gif (4KB, 256x272px) Image search: [Google]
1433398019390.gif
4KB, 256x272px
Can anyone recommend any ways to cope with gender dysphoria that don't include transitioning or therapy? I know that rules out the two primary options, but transitioning is not an option for me, and I don't want to burden my country's health service if there are alternative ways for me to help myself.
>>
>>6978838
nobody would have to transition if there was a way to cope m80
>>
>>6978838
You can't take hormones without socially transitioning? That might help at least.
>don't want to burden my country's health service
Fuck that. The health service is there to keep people healthy. Mental health is just as important as physical health.
>>
>>6978855

:( I can deal with the constant unhappiness and lack of comfort I guess, I was just hoping there was something I could do to make it less bad
>>
Is therapy with no transition a way to deal with this?

Has anyone tried? What is the process like?
>>
>>6978884

Get immersed in hobbies or organizations, nature, religion, etc. and do something besides sit on the computer.
>>
I need help, as I am biologically male, and recently came out as agender even though Im still questioning and now with every passing day I become more and more sure that I want to be as far as possible from all that is masculine. Am I trans, or just hella femme? I'm definitely not cis but I have no clue where I stand
>>
>>6979109
You're trans, stop being a special snowflake and making everyone just as confused as you are.
>>
File: 1475100090774.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475100090774.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>tfw you're a spic
>never will be a qt trans
>>
>>6979149

trans latinas can be sexy af
>>
>>6946733
How much does hormone replacement therapy affect the buttocks on average?

I am 5 ft 7 in, 140 lbs, and my hip measurement is currently at 40 inches.

With these measurements what would be a fair growth estimate?

Thanks.
>>
Welp, I've been feeling like I want to be a girl for only 3 months now (I'm 24), but these feelings aren't going away. I've had feelings related to this in the past (i.e. glimpses of "It would be nice to be a girl" and "I don't like having a penis"), but I didn't think much of those things at the time. Everything just hit me a few months ago. I shave my body every day and my face when I need to, I'm trying to grow out my nails and my hair, and I don't like looking masculine in the slightest.

Also worth mentioning:

I've been able to finally crossdress recently, since about a month or so ago, but I'm not satisfied with just wearing feminine clothing.

I'm literally autistic (asperger's), have a slew of other problems, and I'm financially dependent on my dad and on social security, but I have an opportunity to visit my mom soon and try make-up and dressing up around the house and hopefully in public (hoping I pass).

This is not a sexual thing for me (admittedly, it's multiple things, but when sexuality comes into play, I imagine myself as a girl and it's usually not the clothes that do anything for me; they just make me comfortable and feel more feminine).

I don't want to jump to conclusions and say that I'm trans. I don't agree with the "transtrender" bs and don't wanna seem like I'm just jumping on a bandwagon. I just want to take my time exploring this, but I don't want to be male at all or a "femboi" or whatever.

I have had what I think is dysphoria in that I've had some fits of literally wanting (and physically trying a bit) to rip my dick off. My penis looks weird, it feels weird, and it gets in the way. I don't like having erections and I hate getting horny all the time.

I have seen a therapist several times and he told me to keep exploring it, so that's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to try not to worry so much about whether I'm legitimately trans or not and just keep trying to do what makes me happy, I just thought I'd add how I'm feeling to this thread.
>>
Bump?
>>
Is it AGP if you're also heavily romantically attracted to the idea of being a woman and would like to present / function as a woman?

I've wanted to be female since I was 12 (IIRC), but I was mostly able to suppress that and identify as male. I haven't really been body dysphoric until I realized going female was actually a viable option.
>>
>>6982396
No. In fact, this sounds like what most trans people experience.
>>
>>6981317
how old are you?
>>
>>6982562
it's just i don't identify myself as female, like, i really want to be female but i think my ideals are too traditionalistic for that? maybe overcoming that would be part of the transitioning process
i dunno, i just don't feel i have as much of a legitimate dysphoria as most transgenders
>>
>>6982574
I am 21.
>>
when I bring my adam's apple up and back like I'm supposed to do, I don't really feel any difference in the location of the vibration in my body. I always feel SOME vibration when I put my hand on my chest. I know I'm managing to move my adam's apple because it basically disappears into my neck when I'm doing it, while I can distinctly feel it when I'm not. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>6983056
uhm how to explain... idk how to explain. But getting your adams apple up there isnt all of it, you need to bring the resonance up there too. The adams apple thing merely makes it so that the room to resonate in is smaller (once you got the resonance up in your mouth that is) and so more cis female like.
>>
>>6983190
>>6983056
Like, idk just imagine you lifting up the resonance up there. Experiment with how you create the sound, eventually it'll just click and be easy from there on.
>>
>>6983192
The highest I can make it go is my nose but then it sounds nasally
>>
>>6983217
well, nose is too high. Your resonance is supposed to be in your mouth.
>>
>>6983056
Lifting your adam's apple only raises the pitch. What you're not doing is controlling your resonance. You need to lift your resonance as well from your chest/throat to your head.
>>
>The hormones are imbalancing your brain cells and causing the major confusion and lack of focus. You can get to school and to work if you wanted.
>Please take another serious look into the many side effects of all the hormone drugs you're taking. Prescription drug death is higher than illegal drug death.

My mom sends me messages like this.
She's religious and bigoted in general.
Is there anything I can tell her that would refute this bullshit?
Is it even worth trying?

I know that she will look up side effects of things but I don't actually know what she's looking at.
The negative side effects of hrt are.....feminization.
>>
>>6983568
Have a doctor (endocrinologist) or therapist (gender specialist) talk with her?
>>
>>6983568

You probably can't convince her lol.
Just change the subject when it comes up and don't argue.
>>
>>6983633
I don't have access to either of those things at the moment
>>6984938
Yeah I usually don't bother to respond
But it's starting to wear me out
>>
>>6983568
She's right, female hormones make you dumb like cis girls.
>>
>supposed to come out to parents today
>The doubt has crept back in over the last couple of days
Fuck's sake. I've been on hormones for 6 months and was obsessing over this for a year before it, but I still feel like I've been making it up. This is basically the first time since I started hormones that I didn't feel certain about this.
>>
>Dysphoria is worse than ever
>Shame I feel for possibly being trans is overwhelming
Wew lad
>>
>>6982655
>it's just i don't identify myself as female
That's a really subjective thing that doesn't even really matter. The way some people think about things, "identifying" as a particular gender doesn't make sense, or considering themselves "female" before transitioning successfully doesn't feel right.

If transition would alleviate your dysphoria then you should probably transition. It starting later than usual is not necessarily an indication that it will go away or is weak enough to be able to ignore.
>>
>>6983568
You don't have to refute it; the burden of proof is on her. Not that someone doing something like this will see things that way.
>>
has anyone here tried the trans or lgbt help lines? i'm considering calling since i've been depressed and have no idea where to start with my transition... but my social anxiety is keeping me from doing it.. and it's been a month now and i don't want to delay things even more.. so can anyone who's called before tell me how the conversations usually go? or how they start off at least? i'm just really nervous and have no idea what to expect. i'm awful with phone calls especially.
>>
>>6989706
If you hate phone calls (I do too), I wouldn't bother with a hotline. If you don't know where to start, try to find a gender therapist in your area (google will help), or talk to your usual doctor about it.
>>
>>6989723
thing is, i'm new to this area i'm in. i just started college.. i think i might have found a place on google where i can go for trans stuff.. like a therapist or something but i need to call to make an appointment so.. i'd have to make a call anyway.. just what do i even say? "i want to make an appointment for *horrible male birth name* for gender identity disorder"? (that's how they have it listed)
>>
>>6979192
>tfw you're middle eastern
>never will be a qt trans
>>
File: qt transgirl.png (162KB, 466x309px) Image search: [Google]
qt transgirl.png
162KB, 466x309px
>>6991752
>>6991775

Just wear a burka.
>>
>be me
>be closeted trans since like, 12 years old
>immediately get massive (6'2") and grow a full dark beard at 14
>coated in body hair by 15
>too ashamed to admit needing to transition until 25
I'm basically ruined, AND I have a jaw deformity where my jaw's hideously overgrown. I'm probably going to kill myself. That's my story thanks.
>>
>>6991799
I've been on HRT for 14 months. It's done jack shit. Laser treatments have reduced the beard but I'm at 10 treatments and still have shadow in places.

It feels REALLY hopeless, since it's like everything about my body, even if I didn't have the jaw deformity, is doing its hardest to make this impossible for me.
>>
>>6991806

Are you selfmedding? What is your dose? Maybe you need higher dosages.
>>
>>6991810
Both shadow and actual hairs, mostly at the corners of my mouth and parts of the cheeks. I know that the hairs won't actually go away and I'm not sure what to do about that, since feeling my cheeks even with shaving still feels like sandpaper. And it really doesn't feel like it's done anything. At least I literally only get called 'sir' when in public, even trying to dress appropriately. Everything just makes me feel disgusting all the time.

>>6991811
200mg spiro, 8mg estradiol, and no I've got a doctor.
>>
>>6991810
Not him but
If I start laser at one place does it matter if I switch to another place? I have to go to college in a few months
>>
>>6991828

Are your hormone levels in the right place?
Maybe try bicalutamide instead of spiro.
>>
>>6991788
>grow a full dark beard at 14
>coated in body hair by 15
holy shit, posts like this makes me realise how good i had it
i had neither of those at 22 when i started
i'm sorry anon
>>
>>6991845
Yeah, I was fucked from the start.
>>6991838
They are, yeah. I'll ask her about it next time I see her, maybe there's something better.
>>6991866
Considering that when I started, if I failed to shave for a day I'd wake the next morning with about a quarter-inch of black growth on my face, getting just a little fuzz that's mostly invisible is already miraculous. I just need to be patient, I guess.
>>
>estrogen can reduce the amount of lamotrigine in the blood by 50%

I should be fine, right? I'll just ask my doctor when I go on official HRT and not bootleg stuff
>>
Girls, could you please help?
> 24, 2,5 yrs on HRT, 1,5 years from orchi, legit for 1,5 yrs, orchi + 4 mg Estrimax, recent blood test came out all clear

I noticed there are some tiny lumps in a circle around both my nipples. They were a bit puffy when in my bra, but after they got cold, it went down. I tried a breast self-exam, and noticed some pain as if my breasts were growing, and a solid, hemispherical mass under my breasts. I can press my breasts 2/3 of the way in until I reach said mass. I'm a natural B cup, and I don't have implants, which would explain. Do you have an idea what this is?
>>
Anyone know any ways to reduce dysphoria besides transitioning/HRT? I wanna get rid of the feelings but I don't wanna be trans
>>
Where are you fuckers goibg for therapy and HRT? I go to a group, I went to my GP. The former is like, 0 trans (On hrt) and my doc refered me to a fucking STI clinic
>>
http://www.abc57.com/story/33286389/first-of-its-kind-lgbtq-clinic-opens-in-goshen

this clinic is the next town over from mine. i found a therapist today, and while researching her i saw the name "dr katie bast" pop up a few times. turns out the therapist im most likely going to be seeing works really closely with the angel who's opening the first transgender health clinic in my state.

im going to cry. today went from horrible to amazing just with this news.
>>
>>6992884
>a fucking STI clinic
Do you think they'll be unable to prescribe?

Have you even looked into informed consent?
>>
literally the ONLY way I could pass is if I got one of those korean style jaw/chin surgeries that they perform.
does anyone have any info about costs or experience with this?
>>
>>6992799

Female here, but that sounds like normal breast growth to me
>>
>>6993359
> Female here
> Meaning cisfem/FAAB
You're so kind, thank you!

That was my first guess as well, but at 2,5 years? Isn't breast growth supposed to stop at yr 2? [spoiler]Not that I'm not happy with actually going through a growth burst[/spoiler]
>>
If one was under 18, and had no friends or family to help them get hormones, how could they get hrt?
>>
>>6995749
Is your family uncooperative? If you can't get them to help you then you will need to wait until you're 18 to get confirmed consent.
>>
>>6995756
But I looked it up and minors have the right to mental health care in my state without parental consent (ORS 109.675).
I just don't know how a minor would be able to afford it and I don't know if I could receive hrt without parental consent.
>>
File: 1445493884c658.jpg (51KB, 413x549px) Image search: [Google]
1445493884c658.jpg
51KB, 413x549px
I'm just start mtf, I have progynova 2mg and androcur. can some one give me a regime ?
>>
>>6993350
It depends on your jaw, they also have to fuck up your occlusion, that causes a plethora of problems and additional fees, you could google the costs but they vary so much that you have to do an price enquiry from different places.
>>
>am able to ignore wanting to be a girl most of the time unless I'm exposed to something that really gets to me (girls my age, being forced to think/talk about my future, etc)
>have periods of intense depression and wanting to kill myself over not being a girl, gets so bad I plan suicide or contemplate actually coming out
>during it I'm basically 100% apathy, I can't focus on anything and just lay around crying and being sad for 1 - 5 days
>as time goes on these periods get longer and more intense

what do
>>
>>6997156
I feel for you, mate, i'm in the same situation you are. Shit sucks
>>
>>6997156
transition
>>
>>6955055
Your doctor will probably request you to do blood check ups every month and will stop hormones if there is a problem. I have breast cancer and blood clots in my family but both only require ocasional checkups to make sure there are no problems.
>>
Any of you still wonder if you're actually cis after all despite:
>feeling like you want to be the opposite sex
>disliking your own genitals
>disliking the way your body is like your birth sex
Most of the time these feelings are all really weak, and I can just ignore them. Other times I don't feel them at all. There's the odd occasion where I get depressed and suicidal and think about this stuff, but I wonder if that's just 'cause I'm lonely and have no drive or direction in my life. On the one hand, I feel like I can connect and relate to the feelings of physical dysphoria I see being described here or in trans manga, but stuff about wanting to be seen as a girl, having these feelings from a really young age (started having VERY subtle and vague feelings around 12. Only picked up when I was 19+), wanting to socially transition, and wanting people to think of you and refer to you differently are all things I don't really experience. I wish I had the opposite body, but it doesn't seem like it's the same thing as what most trans people experience.
>>
i wanna die
is this normal for people
>>
>>7001542
no
>>
>>7000581
Dysphoria isnt as bad with everyone. Knowing from a young age is a stereotype and doesn't even happen a lot. social transition is just a byproduct of transition, you can take your time to do that.

You don't have to have experienced the same as other transpeople to be trans.
>>
File: IMG_5572.jpg (130KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5572.jpg
130KB, 1058x705px
>18, AMAB
>Dysphoria is worse than ever
>Dont want to come out (internalized transphobia and potential family issue)
>Up all night with anxiety, frequently get sick to stomach when i see self

What do?
>>
>have massive dysphoria
>only friend i have says i have potential to be a qt
>need to get on hormones asap
>too scared to make a call to the therapist
HELP. THE STRESS IS KILLING ME
>>
>>7003160
make a call to the therapist
>>
>>7003160
Make the call. Become qt girl
>>
If I take bicalutamide, will I still be able to ejaculate or will I dry up like on cyproterone acetate?
>>
>>7003176
>>7003200
okay i guess.. wish me luck....
>>
File: 8922448.jpg (347KB, 900x639px) Image search: [Google]
8922448.jpg
347KB, 900x639px
So I feel like I’m fucked and totally confused…
>be me confused “mtf(?)” mid 20s
>“typical” trans early life
>all throughout childhood wishing I would wake up a girl
>discover yaoi in hs
>decide to try being a gay femmeboy/bishonen
>only attract girls and ugly old men
>cut my hair after fucking college up a couple years in
>start getting attention from guys I actually find attractive
>grow what little facial hair I can
>have a couple cute gay relationships of sorts but miserable sex life
>I never stay hard let alone orgasm
>still think about transition regularly
>lose shitty retail job
>decide after years of trying to masc to go back to femme half asian guy
>still miserable
>go back to finish college
>decide over the summer to present as femme as possible
>go to NYC, pass at least without speaking, feel good about myself
>decide to start transition with financial aid money cuz I’m broke
>email professors and classmates about my decision
>going to school as transgirl
>starting to feel awkward pressure from everyone around me
>still turned on by gay porn and that fucks me up a lot
>still absolutely love yaoi and “shipping” fandom shit

(continued...)
>>
>>7003427

So my thing is first, I feel like I fucked myself over by coming out “too early”? I can do a decent voice but whenever I’m in social situations I become shy and my voice automatically goes lower and has a lot of vibration in it so I end up sounding like a very femme nasally gay guy. I also personally don’t think I pass well despite having had such a huge ego boost in NYC. I live upstate so it’s a very different set of people. Maybe NYC people were pitying me and I’m just an ugly hon???

My second thing is that my younger brother’s bf is very hesitant about my transition and going off of my love for yaoi is telling me that I’m just a gay guy who hasn’t had a good enough partner to make me cum. He says it takes a lot for him to get my brother to cum so he figures I’m the same and he just “doesn’t see” me as a woman. So that’s really made me second guess myself because, yeah, I can see myself in a straight relationship with the man of my dreams but I get such feels from gays and gay anime. Am I just a creepy gay fetishist/fujoshi bitch? I’d like to leave it at that but what my brother’s bf said really bugs me.

As a side note, my brother is a very femme asian boy as well who may or may not be trans so I feel like… is it possible for us both to be? Isn’t that strange genetically???
>>
>>7003435
>I’m just a gay guy who hasn’t had a good enough partner to make me cum
That ignores almost everything else that went into your decision to transition. It's super common for people to say things like that, as if just not having a good enough sex life is what would cause gender dysphoria (if anything it's the opposite).

Why would being into male-male relationships make you want to be a girl?

If you can have cis fujoshi then you can have trans fujoshi.
>>
>>6946733
My appointment with the GIC (UK) is tomorrow and I feel like shit. Anyone got any practical advice to make it go better or to not feel so shitty?
>>
>>7003777
21. I was 19 when I got my referral and just 18 when I asked for it!

>tfw so close to not being a hon
>>
>>7003795
A little over 2. I was a month shy of my birthday when I first saw my GP and she wanted me to try therapy first before I got referred. That took a couple of months (my therapist thought i'd been referred already, my GP was waiting for my therapist's recommendation, so there was a bit of a delay) then two years of waiting and now here we are!
>>
>>7003795
That's the UK's NHS for you.
>>
>>7003806
Yeah. Shit as hell. But
>Free hormones
>Free facial hair removal
>Free facial surgery
>Free boob surgery
>Free GRS

Can't complain.
>>
copypasta from mtfg because they are useless and won't reply

so my first visit to my therapist is in a few days. what do i say to make her give me hormones faster? how do i even start on the first meeting?
>>
>>7003817

>free facial surgery
>free boob surgery

how? neither of these were offered to me. Infact I was explicitly told neither were available on the nhs.

>free GRS

You really want the fucked up axe wound an nhs surgeon will give you?
>>
>>7003817
Public healthcare in general is good; the NHS is just underfunded and understaffed to hell. There's always self-medding if need be.
>>
>>7003835
You don't get facial surgery or breast enhancements though, and the free facial hair removal is limited to 8 sessions. Free SRS also doesn't really matter unless their surgeon offers what you want, since there are different techniques and individual preferences so it matters who the surgeon is a lot.
>>
>>7003822
in my experience, say you want hormones because testosterone feels like poison, and outline how your depression kicked in around the same time as puberty.
>>
>>7003846
>different techniques
can someone please explain wtf the options are for SRS? 95% of my google results are just circle-jerking hons with little to no knowledge on the topic.
>>
>>7003855
so when she asks me what's wrong, i just say that i know i'm trans and want hormones?
>>
File: IMG_20161003_155324.jpg (162KB, 1080x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161003_155324.jpg
162KB, 1080x710px
Am I balding? I'm not even 20 ;_;
>>
>>7003955
Say you hate the masculine features of your body and knowing you're continuing to become more masculine at all times causes you a great deal of distress.

I'm assuming that you actually do have dysphoria and you're not just trying to scam them out of hormones?
>>
>>7003979
yeah i've been wanting to be a girl since.. like, i was 8. i mean that's when the real depression of being a male hit.. then puberty happend and oh god... oh god... but my parents were never lgbt supportive so i could never come out to them.. so now that i'm independent i'm trying to transition..
>>
File: emolord.png (319KB, 858x1440px) Image search: [Google]
emolord.png
319KB, 858x1440px
>>7003970
Nip it in the bud. Go to the dermatologist, get a direct opinion. You'll probably get a prescription for finasteride, and you can use generic minoxidil on your hairline. Don't wait and see if more falls out because treatment works a lot better when you still have hair to work with.
>>
>>7003558
true, thank you anon. Even rereading my own post now in context, my worries over what my brother's bf said seems to pale in comparison to what my whole life has been.
>>
>>7004030
I think I'd rather just die
>>
>>7004065
Regrowth can happen. Ask the HRT general for more information.
>>
File: 1370508519158.png (99KB, 232x260px) Image search: [Google]
1370508519158.png
99KB, 232x260px
I'm 26(nearly 27), and finally just made the decision to transition mtf a few weeks ago. I've already started voice training daily and talking to a therapist about it, and I've never had such a positive outlook and hope for the future before.

My trouble is, I lost my job a few months ago and I'm basically a neet living with my mother. I've managed to save up about $17,000 that I can freely spend but I have no insurance (living in murrica, so there's also a $700+ fee I have to worry about if the government finds out I haven't had health insurance for this long).

What do I do? If I bite the bullet and sign up for a $300/month insurance plan despite having no income, will this be enough to afford HRT and electrolysis? People have told me that might be all I need to pass.
>>
>>7004175
See what your insurance would discount/pay for and compare the overall cost of it to just self-medding and getting electrolysis out of pocket.
>>
>>7003828
I though they only offered hormones, no hair removal either.
>>
>>7004223
Damn you're right. This is just a basic math question. I'm not sure why I thought this was a big deal.
>>
>>7004175
Insurance could save you a lot of money in the long run and open some options for better care. HRT can cost $1,000+ a year for medication alone. Add on top of that the numerous doctor visits and blood tests.

Electrolysis can cost anywhere from $60 to $110 an hour and you may need 60 to 200 hours depending on the density of your beard.
>>
>>7004239
Right. So 17k is unlikely to cut it in the long run. This would be easier if I could just find an okay job. I've applied to a few places but I don't think my chances are good. My main job experience is being a lifeguard for resort pools, but I feel like going back to that would be way too awkward while transitioning due to swimsuits.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-03+at+05.58.11).png (18KB, 1338x162px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-03+at+05.58.11).png
18KB, 1338x162px
hi, ive been on bica for the past month and i was wondering if i should start taking an estrogen? i just want to stay as a trap and not lose my hair i dont want to transition into a girl and i dont really have any dysphoria. was planning to take raloxifene in two months too
>>
>>7003042
It's just, I have these periods where I feel like a relatively normal person, social anxiety and ever-present feeling of "well if I got to choose...", aside. I know dysphoria comes in waves, but it's still so god damn confusing.
>>
File: IMG_5416.png (157KB, 326x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5416.png
157KB, 326x323px
Unfortunately, it's fairly likely that i'm transgender. It's a fact that i've avoided and repressed my entire life, but it's one that I don't think I can ignore any longer. That being said, whenever I get dysphoric, i'm also overcome with a crushing shame, and can't do anything to combat that dysphoria without feeling more shame. Has anyone been in a similar situation? And if so, how have you combated this problem? (Alternatively, are there ways I can get rid of dysphoria without "embracing" being trans?)
>>
>>7005639
I'm pretty much in the same situation and getting ready to kill myself.

I used to have periods of depression/dysphoria but now it's like that all the time with even worse lows. I can't stand living like this.

You should probably find a therapist experienced with trans people and talk to them.

I don't know what actually works and doesn't just distract you for a little bit.
>>
Who /can't cry/ here?
>>
File: puururu.png (555KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
puururu.png
555KB, 1920x1440px
>>7005639
Get drunk(or take benzos if you have the option) and get an appointment with a doctor, they should refer you to the correct place where you'll get help.
>>
does talking help?
>>
File: amcry.jpg (122KB, 563x430px) Image search: [Google]
amcry.jpg
122KB, 563x430px
>Incredible amount of hair falling out recently
>Already have been on finasteride for a year
>Healthy diet, plenty of vitamins, good sleep, not much of anything has changed in my lifestyle
>Can't stop it
The end comes
>>
>>7006251
Have you had blood work? Do you know if your dose is adequate to suppress DHT?
>>
Idk how to properly identitfy and I need help. I consider myself to be gender-fluid but hesistant to properly describe my identity.
Background: Trans male that is non-binary. Lately I have found that I am attracted to males like 4-5 days of the week and women only a small amount of the time. How would I describe this to my peers?
>>
>>7006422
you would go fuck yourself
if worrying what specific snowflake label describes you is what drives you to post in the trans help thread, you can just leave
please
>>
File: 1467677721134.jpg (13KB, 285x279px) Image search: [Google]
1467677721134.jpg
13KB, 285x279px
>>7006422
>Trans male that is non-binary
>>
I'm 25 and starting to think about self medicating. If I had a choice I'd be going through official channels to get things sorted out but that will take too long to address.

My question is, I've lost some hair towards the front. I've heard that hrt stops the hair loss but what would be my options for eventually becoming passable? I know I will most likely need hair transplanting in the future, but will facial feminization surgery help with this at all?
>>
>>7006811
>If I had a choice I'd be going through official channels to get things sorted out but that will take too long to address.
You can probably self-med whilst going there. I don't get the paranoia people have about going through the official means.
>>
>>7006422
you're wrong about a lot of things, but everyone is wrong about a lot of things so don't worry too much
there is no such thing as a 'nonbinary trans male', i'm relatively open to genders outside of male or female by /lgbt/ standards but after four years of analyzing the trans community have come to the conclusion it is extremely rare (i have met one genuine nonbinary person, which is one more than the vast majority of people will ever met) and is definitely NOT possible in scenarios like 'nonbinary trans male'
there is ESPECIALLY no such thing as 'genderfluid'
you're bisexual with a bias towards men, and you are either a trans man or a cis woman. analyze further to find the answer to the latter question. keep in mind 'cis woman' does not mean 'feminine' -- most 'genderfluid' people are ftm crossdressers who in a better social context would live happily as women most of the time with an occasional second life crossdressing as male.
>>
http://www.forever21.com/UK/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_checks&ProductID=2000217448&VariantID=
or
http://www.forever21.com/UK/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_checks&ProductID=2000170537&VariantID=

-
http://www.forever21.com/UK/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_checks&ProductID=2000170962&VariantID=
or
http://www.forever21.com/UK/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_checks&ProductID=2000149982&VariantID=

-
http://www.forever21.com/UK/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_checks&ProductID=2000235136&VariantID=
or
http://www.forever21.com/UK/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=top_checks&ProductID=2000219535&VariantID=
>>
>>7008451
>2
>1
>1
/fa/
>>
>>7008451
I agree with the /fa/non.
>tfw you wanna order some women's clothing, but doubt even a large would fit your long torso
Being six feet tall sucks
>>
>>7009456
I ordered some XXL women cut shirts and they fit me. Also 6' just slightly tight at the shoulders.
>>
>>7009988
Aren't they super baggy at that point though?
>>
>>7006167
Are you me?
>>
>Work out for years to "kill the tranny"
>Super broad shoulders, would look absolutely awful if i ever transitioned
Fuck this
>>
File: 1397627540596.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1397627540596.gif
36KB, 720x720px
I want to be the cutest, but due to physical limitations, I can't change myself to be cuter than others. I can't make them less cute, because doing most things to cause that would make me crazy, and eliminating them would be crazy. If I was crazy, then nobody would want to put their dick in me, because you don't put your dick in crazy.

What do you suggest I do?
>>
>>7010515
Time to go on the biggest cut of your life to start over at skelly mode
>>
>>7005584

I feel you, anon. And for me it's like, if it comes in waves as my birth sex, how do I know it won't just inverse after transition?
>>
>>7010515

Assuming the working out and broad shoulders are connected, that's just muscle and will go away with altering your exercise and going on HRT
>>
>>7003122

Take hormones m80
>>
>take a few weeks off work for mental health reasons
>go full NEET mode
>actually feeling pretty good, dysphoria is mostly gone aside form a handful of things that trigger it
>only talk to internet friends who know I'm trans
>go back to work, have to put on normal happy dudebro persona again
>immediately feel like garbage, every conversation is somewhat painful, casual thoughts of suicide
>constant reminders I'm a big manly man and will never be seen as anything but
>have to walk by the women's clothing section all the time, too

is this how I know it's for real
>>
Electrolysis. Would any of you mind sharing how long it took you to have your face passably cleared and then completely cleared? Additional information like how long you've been on hrt and how your facial hair grows would be helpful.

I had my first session today and while I could get through it, it stung pretty bad. And the redness was embarrassing. Really hoping the 200 hours/1 year number I'm seeing thrown around is just an estimate for thicker beards.

And any general tips for making electrolysis less awful would fucking terrific. Thanks gang.
>>
>>7013538
Painkiller before. (NSAID, or opiate if you have access). Lidocaine cream can also help but needs to be applied well in advance and last about 1h-1h30.

You can get that prescribed by your Gp (maybe not the opiates) if you explain the situation.
>>
>>7013559
Thanks! And do you know roughly how long it may take for somebody with sparse facial hair? It grows thin on my cheeks, very thin on my lip and chin but in average thickness on my neck.
>>
>>7013808
Difficult to say tbhon. Maybe consider how much surface you covered in that session ?
>>
>>7013538
My chin and upper lip area are of moderate thickness and average density. My cheek and neck area are somewhat more sparse and don't extend far. I used to have a lumberjack beard before HRT 6 months ago. Bicalutamide and estrogen has reduced the thickness a lot. I was quoted at 60 hours by my electrologist to clear my entire face. He's cleared beards before and has never gone above 100 hours. Pain is tolerable at worst and he offers local anaesthetic so I don't feel anything. Because of this I've stopped using the lidocaine 5% cream I bought for my prior electrologist.

My advice is to find someone experienced who has cleared a beard before and can give you an estimate of the time and costs.

The 200 hours/1 year statistic you hear is probably perpetuated by hons who have beards of steel. One trans woman at my support group has supposedly had 500 hours of electrolysis. Like what the fuck?
>>
>>7014376
You don't need to be a dick just because you got lucky with facial hair genetics
>>
>>7012935
>is this how I know it's for real
Yes. Take your titty skittles
>>
>>7014388
I wouldn't consider myself lucky. Seriously, if it takes a person 500 hours to clear their beard, they must not be seeing an experienced electrologist.
>>
>>7014376
>My advice is to find someone experienced who has cleared a beard before and can give you an estimate of the time and costs.

sending this email
Hi,

I've had a few sessions of laser and it's not going too well so I'm considering switching over to electrolysis, I have a few questions for you though.

-How much experience do you have in general?
-Do you have much experience clearing beards?
-I'm sure every case is different but how long has it typically taken you to completely clear a beard?
-As I said, I have/am getting laser so how long after my last laser appointment would I need to wait before having my first Electrolysis session?

Thanks,

It's £50/hour which isn't terrible
>>
>>7014541
Sounds good. You should also include pictures of your beard with four days of growth, showing your chin, upper lip, both cheeks, and neck. This way the electrologist will be able to better determine how many hours it will take to clear your face. To answer your last question, I know some electrologists require at least three months between sessions of laser and electrolysis (although it's not pertinent that you do wait).

Remember that experience triumphs cost. An inexpensive electrologist who charges $60 per hour but takes 200 hours to clear a beard is worse than an experienced one who charges $110 per hour but takes 70 hours. Some will warn you about skin damage and explain why "slow and steady wins the race," but consider the fact that business like Electrology3K and 2pass do full-day appointments (8+ hours) yet have no reported incidence of skin damage at the hands of their experienced electrologists.
>>
>>7014738
>business like Electrology3K and 2pass do full-day appointments (8+ hours) yet have no reported incidence of skin damage at the hands of their experienced electrologists.
ugh, I don't think we have anything like that in the UK

Even finding an Electrolysis place is a struggle

Think I'm just going to go for the £50/hour one
>>
>>7014751
>UK
Well, 2pass is in Belgium and they require only four sessions of electrolysis. Maybe worth considering?
>>
>>7014779
That actually looks really good
>>
How long does laser hair removal last on a 18 year old guy?
>>
Would you all recommend skirts/dresses that have a lot of material (pleated) as it can conceal my lack of hips and butt?
>>
File: inspo for linebacker girls.png (499KB, 509x1272px) Image search: [Google]
inspo for linebacker girls.png
499KB, 509x1272px
>>7015104
Might work. Baggy clothes in general can either hide or create an illusion of proportions.
>>
>>6948314
Hetero male here. It is true that being adressed as a girl on the internet makes you feel cozy inside. I think that is because man to man relationships are tougher, with always a component of respect and healthy competitivity: you cannot fall asleep on your seat, kid! Everybody is warm, kind and condescending with a woman and you don't have to take responsability of anything you do or say online. Is just cool. Not even trolling. If is just that, I don't think you're even transgender, dysphoric or whatever term you use for that this days.
>>
File: 1434052093383-3.jpg (959KB, 1920x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1434052093383-3.jpg
959KB, 1920x2400px
>>7015104
here ya go chief,, be sure to spread it around
>>
>>7015214
Buddy I want you to consider what you just said and the fact that you're chilling a transgender help thread and then you tell me whether "hetero male" is really what you're going to go with here.
>>
>>7015243
Is that pic part of the guide that says eating plants and semen will turn you into a girl?
>>
>>7015243
I have like a 36 chest (no boobs), 32 waist, and 34 hips. What type does that make me?
>>
>>7015246
I have nothing to prove anon. I'm perfecly happy and honest. You should consider that not everything is black or white. You dont have to hurry and fit the cis wagon or the trans wagon. You can just be happy with your wife and kids, enjoying your sex life and then once in a while pretend you're a girl on World of Warcraft. There is literally nothing gay on that.
Also I was just chilling on lgbt because i love making 4chan-tourism
>>
File: 1434052093383-4.jpg (964KB, 1920x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1434052093383-4.jpg
964KB, 1920x2800px
>>7015280
Nah, I don't know what else it's affiliated it with except for this image. It's possible they attached it to one of those guides though. Everything on that and this image is as factual as fashion advice can be, you can google the terms and find similar advice.

>>7015289
http://shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape/
You do need to adjust for the fact that you have no tits though, all trannies need to keep that in need. That said, sounds vasey to me.
>>
>>7015299
>vase
Neat. I like goth aesthetics.

I like looser dresses though.
>>
>blood work comes back
>"Your testosterone levels are pretty low" at 128 ng/dl pre-HRT

I guess that would explain why I was never masculine body-wise in the first place. He suggested I stop taking the bootleg spiro since supposedly breast bud formation can be inhibited by excessively low T. Will I really be okay with just Estradiol? Could the test have been a fluke?
>>
>>7015522
Cis female levels are around 50 ng/dl. Estradiol alone is very likely to lower your T to those levels. I don't know what my T levels were prior to HRT but my estrogen medication alone lowered my T to cis female levels.

Have you checked your DHT?
>>
>>7015555
No, it wasn't checked in the blood test. If I start balding I'll grab finasteride or whatever, and I have another blood test in January anyway.
>>
>>6968965

Not sure if someone got back to you anon but hair growth under the patch isn't the end of the world. That being said you can also but them on your tummy or on your back/side. You basically want the patch to be over places where fat is stored so love handles or whatever. That being said try and keep it below your navel.

Big patches are a bit of a pain, what brand are you using?
>>
How do I voice guys?

I have no fucking idea where to even start.

What are even some decent programs I can use to record/ monitor?
>>
>>7017800
Focus on resonance, pitch, and inflection, in that order. This guide should help you a long way.
http://webjedi.net/projects/lgbtq/speech-therapy/
>>
>>7017718
I sorta figured it out, I'm wearing them on my sides for now, the brand is "Evorel".
>>
>>7015522

Stay on the spiro imo.
If you go off it with a constant E dose your T will probably go up.
>>
next thread:

>>7018861
>>7018861
>>7018861
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.