[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Male Gender Roles, or something something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

I'm a trans guy who's transitioning. It's nice and swell to behave how you want but even now I feel like I'm repressing something. Maybe it's a phase and in 10 years I'll be a normal dudebro guy, but for now it's annoying. Ever since I was little I've been moderately girly but that was normal for a little girl. After I realized I didn't like being female, I went through a masculine phase but now I've calmed down from that. I realize that I'm different from most guys. I'm very effeminate. I'm drawn to female fashion and cute things but I could never express myself as a teen because of dysphoria. Now I'm in a rut though.

I want to wear floral blouses or headbands or do my nails. I don't want to be a femboy, I don't want to be androgynous and look like a woman. I just wanna be as I am but dress in whatever I want, be it masculine or feminine. However I don't know how acceptable that is. Can guys be girly and not be teased? How can I man up and stop being a wimp about this? I have some avid fear someone will beat me up if I do anything vaguely girly or that I'll be rejected by my peers.

Any other guys campy or girly?
>>
File: 1429966035359.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1429966035359.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>6932661
you'll be considered a faggot, provided that you take T and actually look like a male

of course, this thread could very well be bait
>>
>>6932661
A A P
A
P

stop going to tumblr, stop watching anime/cartoons, stop reading fan fiction, then come back and let us know
>>
>>6932685

I don't get any sexual enjoyment out of crossdressing nor do I enjoy passing as female. I just like fashion.

>>6932680

I don't mind being seen as a flamer. I just don't want people looking at me weirdly.
>>
>>6932661
>Can guys be girly and not be teased?
welcome to male privilegeā„¢
>>
>>6932661
1) You prob won't get away with it without jerks picking on you
2) I think it is somehow natural to decide you actually like some things from the gender you lived as for a really long time even if you feel like you're the other gender
>>
>>6932721
>I don't mind being seen as a flamer.
>I just don't want people looking at me weirdly.

one literally means the other

flamers and flamboyant men are considered weird, and people don't want to talk to them or hang out with them, unless they too are gay or "allies"
>>
>>6932721
you're retarded if you think you're allowed to break gender roles while being trans when you have to strictly abide by them to be treated like a human by both cis people and trans people. are you pre or on T?
>>
File: 1464551555854.jpg (202KB, 755x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1464551555854.jpg
202KB, 755x1000px
>>6932661
People will see you weirdly, but that's what the ultimate consequence of women enforcing and policing masculinity is - you did it to yourself.

That being said, I wouldn't discourage you from acting as you stated as flirtation between opposing gender norms is a way of encouraging gender neutrality. In fact I know you don't want to (but of course, it isn't always about what you want) but I would suggest alleviating your T doses and embracing androgyny fulling instead of transitioning into masculinity.
>>
>>6932741

On T obviously. I would never allow myself to dress fem otherwise. It's too dysphoric, it just feels gross.
>>
Maybe turn your love of fashion into a hobby/creative outlet? If you're good at it you could make some money on the side as well.
>>
>>6932794
what's the difference? dressing fem only highlights your naturally feminine body, its what fem clothes are made for
>>
>>6932864

I don't have much dysphoria towards my body. Sure, I wish I had a slender, boxy shape like a cis male but that isn't gonna happen. As long as my chest is fat, my voice is low, and my face is not girly I'll be fine.
>>
i became a drag queen. it's a socially acceptable way to be seen as a man but wear pretty clothes
>i make $20 a week lip synching and dancing with my friends :)
>>
>>6933518
>socially acceptable

wut
>>
>>6932661
you are probably also into dudes aren't you?

haha, you're a faggot
>>
>>6933550

No actually. I don't like anyone tbqh.
>>
>>6932685
more like A G P, retard
i bet OP faps his T-enlarged clit while being dressed up as a sissy
>>
>>6933573
it's like mtf staying boymode and fapping to andro self, I guess
>>
>>6933572
>I don't like anyone, I just fap to myself

Is this the queen empress of AGP?
>>
>>6933586
l o l
o
l
>>
>>6932661
Guys acting overly effeminate is hugely stigmatized. Especially if they look like obvious guys.

Maybe half the reason Femgen went as far as they did with taking female hormones and making themselves androgynous is cause it's better accepted if they look fem
>>
>>6933726
it's kinda sad really
>>
>Can guys be girly and not be teased?
Nope. Not at all. Unless you're an idol such as Bowie, that is.
>>
>>6932661
If you're a trender, who cares about you this is what you signed up for
If you're real, welcome to being a man ;^)
You will be ogled and made fun of for dressing like a girl, and it won't suit your hairy body and balding head. Of course, if you don't take enough test it's possible that your female skeletal structure will simply allow you to pass as a bulldyke in which case people will more passively disapprove
>>
>>6932739
Gay man here. The only one's I know and will hang out with are my boyfriend's friends. Other than that, I just bro out.
>>
>>6932889
>i don't like wearing them cause my dysphoria
>i don't have much dysphoria

Special Snowflake tumblrina detected
>>
>>6932661
You're not a "guy", you're an average female who either desperately wants to be a special snowflake or has spent too much time immersed in sexist websites (like 4chins) so you think you have to be male to be treated like a human being.
>>
/ftm/bot here: Why would you enjoy wearing feminine clothing? I don't avoid it primarily because of social stigma of feminine guys, I avoid it because it always seemed retarded and annoying, even outside the context of my dysphoria, even when on pretty women or otherwise feminine people. Is this some next level AGP?
>>
>>6932777
>women enforcing and policing masculinity is

>he fell for the "incredibly violent tank-chested main characters with 8 packs are totally targeted to a female audience" meme

Men want to see butch men. Women often like men who are a little womanly.
>>
>>6934528
>I avoid it because it always seemed retarded and annoying, even outside the context of my dysphoria, even when on pretty women or otherwise feminine people

I'm mtf and I feel the same
Most female clothes, like dresses, looks awful and isn't even practical either
>>
File: 1471243484074.jpg (56KB, 534x650px) Image search: [Google]
1471243484074.jpg
56KB, 534x650px
>>6932661
ladybro anon
>>
>>6932661
Do what you gotta do b
>>
File: 784.jpg (33KB, 408x604px) Image search: [Google]
784.jpg
33KB, 408x604px
>>6932661
>basically be a normal girl
>transition
>regret it

kek
>>
>so you identify with both genders
>if only there was a term for that
>like non binary

Tons of NB dudes take estrogen so I mean hey go for it. I don't 'wake up like this' every day. Some days I really just wanna throw it all in the trash for the burden it places on me, but I know that expecting either myself to change because it's a burden or to not expect it to fluctuate daily is just wholly unrealistic. Don't get me wrong I am always feeling femme but some days I feel more butch, others more lipstick.
>>
File: 1324088917679.jpg (350KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
1324088917679.jpg
350KB, 600x686px
>>6932721
You don't just like fashion, you like femininity.

Men can be manly or girly, but they're still men. Women can be manly or girly, but they're still woman. If you want to be a man, having been born female, then you're making the conscious choice to reject your female side to choose the opposite. If you don't embrace masculinity, then calling yourself a man is a lie. You're just a tomboy, a girl who likes having some elements of masculinity. Crossing the threshhold should require some conviction.
>>
>>6932661
drop the tumblr meme shit
>>
>>6935517
That guy looks hot. Also, I kinda agree with all that.
>>
Personally, I avoided things that I felt are too girly till far into transition. I pass well enough now that I'm secure enough in my masculinity to call something cute or admit to having cried at Dancer in the Dark. Too dysphoric to ever wear a floral patterned blouse, make-up, tight pants, god forbid a skirt, or have my hair any other way than short, though. Probably the kind of stuff you're talking about. No interest in any of that either.
>>
>>6935494
But do you feel like you need a dick sometimes? Otherwise, what does this have to do with gender? Wouldn't it just make you cis to just have feelings about your presentation, exclusively, because cis people don't have a strong feeling about what their gender is, thus making the feeling of "fluctuations" common since they misconceive it as outward expression only?
>>
>>6935517
bs. it's like saying mtf who don't embrace femininity are fake
>>
>>6936484
That's true too. If you are a MtF with buzzed hair, no bra, still use your deep voice, don't shave etc. then what the fuck are you doing calling yourself a woman?

If you don't make an earnest attempt to mold yourself into the sex you identify as, why should anyone respect you?
>>
>>6936503
wowowowwoow slow down mate

biological sex=/=gender

transexuality is about molding your biological sex into the one you desire, that includes changing voice and shaving, etc. for mtf. However, hobbies, interests, choice of clothing, etc. is completely unrelated to biological sex and can be literally whatever. Having buzzed hair and no bra is no less or more biologically female then having well styled long hair and bra and girly female agp pantsu
>>
>>6936514
Yeah you're absolutely right

If you are born male, and claim to identify as the gender of woman, but do everything associated with the gender of man, you are a man to me. I'm talking about your gender, not your sex.

If you are male and claim to be a woman but do all of the things I listed above, such as having buzzed hair, not wearing a bra, using your male voice, not shaving etc.

Then how am I supposed to label you as a woman when you match not even one spec of the criteria, other than claiming yourself to be one? Is that all that matters?
>>
>>6936522
how about hrt and srs m8
>>
>>6936527
HRT and SRS makes you more comfortable with your body and your identity. It makes you a woman to you. It doesn't make you a woman to me.

If I have a group of five women, and one of them is male to female trans, and I can't tell which one is trans, then they're all women to me. I don't care that that one is trans because they blend into the sex they identify as.

If I have a group of five women, and one of them is male to female trans, and I can tell because they have some genetic feature that gives them away, but other than that they've made every attempt to blend into their gender, I'll still consider them a woman out of respect. I know how much it means to them, I know that they've put considerable effort into what they're doing.

If some tumblrina faggot who weighs 300 lbs and has a huge neckbeard and rainbow mohawk tells me in a deep man voice that he's a woman and I need to use the correct pronouns, I'm not going to see them as a woman. Even if I used female pronouns just to be polite, they're still not a woman to me. Sorry
>>
>>6936537
ok, that settles it, you're a retard.
>>
>>6932721
I dont see all the gay male fashion designers wearing their creations
>>
>>6934439

Everyone has different degrees of dysphoria. Something that works up one person won't bug another.
>>
>tfw not even out yet
>put on some nail polish
>it's pretty cute...
>freak out at the thought of parents finding out, even though they think I'm female and that's normal

I'm an up-and-coming closeted crossdresser, I can tell already.

>>6936537

What if they're just a tomboyish woman? No facial hair, no male voice, obviously trying to pass as female, but short hair, dressed in plaid, jean wearing, boot wearing, butchy butch woman. Why is that okay for cis women but not trans women?
>>
>>6934685

I don't regret a thing. I hated passing as female and would barely talk due to my girly voice.
>>
>>6936539
typical tumblr faggot tranny.
>>
>>6936544

That's because they don't want to. Not every man is into dresses just like not all women aren't.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.