[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtF Thighs? Muscle Reduction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: thick-thighs.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thick-thighs.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>have a sprinter's build
>strong arms, thick thighs
>5'10'' 150lbs

i'm in good shape physically but I feel more buff than i need to be. how do i shave off a bit of mass from my arms and legs without looking like a skeleton in my already angular face? any vitamins or supplements for a (t)girl to stay healthy? please advice (for real).

p.s. i don't care to hear that spot training is a myth. i just want sensible advice about what to eat, etc.
>>
>>6929711
spot training for fat loss/gain is a myth.

You can work only certain parts of your body for muscle mass, though.
>>
>Libra
>strong third and fifth chakras
>head aura is somewhat weak

just wondering what chakra I should open on the next equinox

p.s. i don't care to hear that astrology is a myth. i just want sensible advice on what chakra to focus on, etc.
>>
Can't you just mass build on your legs and stop working out to let it get some jiggle?
>>
Not necessarily aimed at you OP, you just reminded me.
Why are you MTF's such fucking mongs? Do lower body exercises. So many of you are so afraid of bulking up that you neglect healthy activities. I get it, you don't want to feel like a buff guy, but here's the thing: you won't get buff unless you're fucking trying. Your legs aren't going to look like Mr. Universe if you do some squats and lunges. You have a fuckton of estrogen floating around and you probably won't be consuming the right foods to get shredded. The muscles in your legs don't just stay fucking taut and rock hard.
>>
>>6930100
damn dude! I mean, i actually agree with you about fear of looking like a buff guy. i don't want that at all. I do want a nice, feminine body. I guess the bottom line is that i'm not petite, and i'm not really a delicate flower in terms of body shape.

Honestly, I guess i worry too much about aesthetics, but i feel like that's a part of wanting to be confident, and my looks being congruent with how i feel inside?

maybe what i need to do is look into how to look more like a pinup girl? other than breast aug i could work out and eat stuff to get hips and all that?

>>6929944
i hate you for making this comment (mostly cause i'm actually a libra)
>>
>>6930126
As I said, I understand. I'm sure being MTF isn't easy. You spend your whole life uncomfortable with your body and its easy to delude yourself into over compensating for whatever imaged masculinity you have by being ultra feminine, but that can build some bad characteristics and habits (i.e. not exercising 45 minutes/3 times per week like your doctor suggests when you sign informed consent). Being a bit stronger than most MTF's doesn't mean you're less feminine, and I doubt you're ripped or jacked. Plus you don't get thighs or hips like that without some lower body training. I could point to plenty of incredibly attractive girls that are fit. You don't need to be a delicate flower to be feminine. Apologies if I came off as rude. Stuff like that can get to me.
>>
Another anon here, also transgender and looking in to building a routine. you should realize the physical side is not going to be a walk in the park. you need to counterbalance your top half by working your hips, glutes, and thighs. the good thing is that since we have test it's much easier to actually grow muscles compared to biological females. the best exercises you can do would be glute kickbacks and wide barbell squats while progressively loading more weight.
>>
>>6930232
Um . . . my test is lower than the standard female. So I wouldn't say that we have test necessarily.

Anyways, yeah. Exercise regularly, that is a thing to do. I just go out with friends and dance a lot, and go for long walks around the place mostly. That takes care of a lot of my leg requirements right there.
>>
File: Stew.png (457KB, 627x354px) Image search: [Google]
Stew.png
457KB, 627x354px
>>6930223
No need to apologize. I feel like the truth is better for me more right now than being coddled into thinking that I can achieve something thats essentially impossible. I do exercise at least 3 times a weekbtw. Its almost 100% cardio tho. About 3 miles each time. I need to make a commitment to lift legs and butt...
>>
>>6930244
I didn't mean to imply you didn't, but I've seen a lot of transwomen insist on not moving from their beds because they're afraid they'll look like Arnold is his prime. Good on you for listening to your doctor, honestly its something too many people neglect. Get to work on those lower body exercises. There are plenty of resources on proper form, what weights to begin with, and how you should look to progress. Find what works for you and get to a point where you're comfortable with how your butt/thighs look. And honestly, is there anything more feminine than thick ass/thighs? Its certainly more feminine than some damsel in distress meme.
>>
>>6930242
Long walks? How long exactly?
>>
>>6930608
I've gone for 2 hour walks before when it is nice and the breeze is feeling lovely. I am a big fan of how much more vividly my skin feels the air since I transitioned a year and a half ago.
>>
File: 1466368652182.jpg (624KB, 1684x1878px) Image search: [Google]
1466368652182.jpg
624KB, 1684x1878px
>>6930270
I'm on it! I appreciate your input. It was way more constructive than I imagined! This was the push I needed.

Btw: any vitamins a tgirl should take?
Should i lift before or after I run?
>>
>>6932385
Glad I could help.

As for vitamins, do some research and make sure you talk to your doctor if you're on HRT. I know that's a typical answer but no one can give better advice. You should already be aware of what foods and supplements to avoid. Most others should be fine but still conform with your doctor. Diet is also way more important than any pill you can take. Don't ignore the basics.
If you're looking to slim down some make sure your caloric intake is at the right level. You said you're already in good shape so you should have most of that down. I'm pretty sure you should do your intense cardio after you lift. Doing some before is fine to warm up but even then you're better off warming up by practicing your form. Remember the point of lifting is to get in there and shred your muscles. You don't want to deplete them of glycogen by running a few minkes beforehand, and you'll make no progress if you're too worn out to get your ass low enough.
I'm no expert so don't take everything I say as gospel. Talk to your doc, do a little research, and get in there.
>>
>>6932557
Running a few miles**
>>
>>6932557
Cool, cool! Writing these tips down so I don't forget. I think my weight now is fine, I do think I could benefit through from eating more "clean". I eat a ton of grains, desu. Would be nice to replace some of that with vegetables. Maybe start eating yogurt more regularly because its filling and feeds my muscles. I don't drink much at all anymore and my only bad vice is candy. I have an OK handle on that. Sometimes I think about exchanging coffee intake with tea, but who knows. I overthink things, lol.

I'm excited to do leg stuff in or out of the gym. I will update this thread after my first sesh.
>>
>>6932679
Every calorie counts. You generally want to increase your protein intake to a certain point and everything after that is just to hit your goal. As such, you don't want to drink alcohol, coffee, or tea because they give almost no nutritional value and are wasted calories. That said, if you can spare them for your cup of coffee or tea, by all means. You don't need to be perfect but make sure you're drinking enough water as well. Substitute any white bread/rice/pasta for brown if you think you need to.

Good luck on your first day in the gym. Remember to focus on your form; it doesn't matter how much you're lifting or how many reps you take if your form is all off. Look up some videos, practice before hand, and you can try filming yourself to better see if your form needs any extra work.
>>
>>6932766
body dysphoria...
i know this is different from gender dysphoria, but i was a buff highly athletic guy training for the SEALs at one point. i had to take medicine, and gained a lot of weight and became fat. i hated myself so much i fell into a depression, which more pills... finally shaping back up now, feel a shit ton better. but i sympathize with mtfs, but my body dysphoria was caused by something else. Be aware, anon, that estrogen will reproportion weight anyway. You will become more feminine anyway. I have seen guys, who transitioned, and they were somewhat masculine in the legs, hips, etc before hormones, but hormones are magic, as far as physical appearance. They will probably take care of the being buff.
>>
File: espn_2010bww_10.jpg (559KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
espn_2010bww_10.jpg
559KB, 1440x960px
>>6932766
Welp. I did a circuit of lifts only using my body weight and I definitely feel sore today in places that feel very unfamiliar to me. I think that's a good sign! when i walk my thighs don't really jiggle at all so that and other things tell me this is worth my time.

I also feel equally toned all over my body, and even in my chest. feels more perky o_o the increased blood flow has made me feel a certain way in certain places. i plan to take it slow and focus more on my movements

example of exercises i tried. i did others too. i want a routine that focuses on movements but not super repetitive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlawWl-eev4&spfreload=1

>>6935448
ooof. this post gives me hope. dyshoria sucks in general. it sucks even more when you grow up in an environment where you had to compartmentalize your gender identity. so strange. so incredibly strange!
>>
>>6929954
no

>>6929711
just gain fat and don't work out your arms, thick thighs are good because they're feminine
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.