[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

29+ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: googleimages.jpg (46KB, 476x720px) Image search: [Google]
googleimages.jpg
46KB, 476x720px
It's not difficult to notice that a lot of this board is younger people who are still in the "finding themselves" phase of their life, but I'd really like to hear from people who are actually adults -- especially in the trans community.

I'm not going to pretend that non-hetero sexuality or gender identity is something you "grow out of," but it definitely seems like something that tends to normalize a bit as people get on in years.
>>
>>6929458
This entire website is most likely highschool kids.
>>
>>6929529
So do people just stop coming here once they hit a certain age, or have they all been offing themselves?

Because people who started posting on 4chan in its formative years would be in this age range if not older by now.
>>
>>6929654
/lgbt/ is still a new board really
old people just tend to shift boards. there are lots and lots of 25+ threads on r9k for example. i'm getting close to leaving this board too
>>
>>6929661
>still a new board

it's over a year old, get over yourself
>>
>>6929681
stay mad m8
>>
>>6929654
They probably get board of the bullshit. I have been browsing less and less lately. I usually have over 50 threads filtered and hidden. They have all found better places to talk. Try a gay group on steam.
>>
>>6929720

This. I only occasionally come in on the off chance that there's someone halfway interesting hanging around. Mostly though it's the usual legion of idiots endlessly reciting the same tired memes and entry level trolling efforts. Even arguing is boring here.

There aren't a lot of places with a lot of trans talk though, especially from younger people, so it's worth coming back here once in a while.
>>
>>6929654
I don't know. I've been on 4chan every day since I was 13 (I'm 21 now) and having 4chan throughout my "formative" years just got me accustomed to staying here. There aren't really any other places online where communities are both tight knit but not it a cliquey way that revolves around an explicit circle of named individuals. Even with group chats, it's been tough to find some place to substitute this one.
>>
>>6929458
I'm a lesbo cis always have been. But yeah i have noticed the fluctuation in adolescent behaviour in here to.
>>
>>6929458
Finally a thread for grown ups. What would you like to talk about anon?
>>
>>6930104
What are you here on the board for?
>>
>>6930104
taxes
>>
>>6929458
>it definitely seems like something that tends to normalize a bit as people get on in years.
The thing is, and this is just the human condition and even Shakespeare wrote about it: you are never you in a public or social setting. You are whatever people perceive you to be, because that's exactly how they're going to treat you. The idea that the world will revolve around your self-identity doesn't even apply to heterosexuals. Why are CEOs tall. Why do people believe that beautiful people speak truthfully, and that ugly people's arguments are unfounded. Why are men disposable. Why don't children have agency.

You can fight the current, or ride the current. I'm 31, I've got a few grey hairs coming in -- I ride the current. If someone perceives me as being male or female, I don't correct them. If they probe, I talk. But I'm never the one to bring it up. People have been mostly kind and understanding. Those close to me treat me right, and that's all that really matters.
>>
>>6929458
im 27 c.. can i be here too
>>
>>6929458
I'm 30. I found myself years ago.

Giving a fuck about sexuality or gender is something you grow out of. I have bigger concerns, like getting up for work in the morning, or career progression, or filling the car up when it gets low, or charging my phone.

Sexuality came out as bi when I examined it. I have always liked girls, but it turned out I liked guys too. Woohoo, slightly increased dating pool.
Gender identity ended up as 'mostly male'. I like being a guy, but I also like looking kinda girly. Luckily, I happen to be kinda androgynous, and my hair is fabulous when grown out.

Gender/sexual identity is very low priority to think about. Cultural identity is far more important to me.
>>
File: 1473829112907.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473829112907.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>>6929654
Yeah, been here since 2006 when I was a senior in high school. 28 now FtM who only realized it about a year ago. I think 4chan in general really helped me with being a lonesome social outcast as it gave me an outlet to either vent or just shit post.

Not to be negative, but I tend to not take anyone who is LGBT and under 25 seriously. Especially the girls who claim to be lesbian or ftm either. Back in high school and college you had girls who were only out for attention and claimed to be gay or trans for the spot light, then when no one cared anymore they magically were straight again.

Fuck them, they were the reason cis people used to consider our efforts a joke and would point to them and say "look you can just choose to no be gay/trans and change back!'

I also don't take what you have to say seriously if your hair is an unnatural color as it seems you have not grown up yet and obviously don't have more than a retail job.

It's even worse if they are ftm with dyed hair. Man the fuck up and grow up.
>>
>>6933403
yeah no shit retard
>hurr sexuality and gender doesn't affect my life in any meaningful way why don't you faggots just grow up??
>>
>>6935768
>28 now FtM who only realized it about a year ago.

Can I ask how you came to realise this, and how you weren't able to realise for so long? In a similar place right now but I'm really doubting myself for not realising it sooner.
>>
>>6937020
not that poster or ftm but not realizing it sooner is just a retarded teenager meme
there are tons and tons of possible reasons - simply not knowing it's a thing or could be, avoidance, repression, introversion, shame, for ftms freedom in birth gender expression, dissociation, fear
it's all bullshit. that you might not have felt the way you do in the past is irrelevant if you feel that way now and doesn't mean you're making it up. it's easy for someone who had an iphone at age 7 to be completely unaware that older people exist and their experiences are worlds different
even if you "could have" known it's still bullshit. some people may need to reach a certain stage in development for things to really reach a head. some people are just really fucking good at avoiding their feelings
basically, analyze your feelings themselves and ignore disqualifying "should have"s
>>
>>6929458
Calm down, a few extra years didn't make you a wise sage. You're still a fucking failure and in 10 years all you're gonna care about is raping the 18+ at your local gay bar. Kys loser faggot.
>>
>>6929458
32, bi. It's effectively irrelevant in 98% of my time during the day until I go to fap, at which point I just fap to what I want and DGAF whether it's male or female or somewhere in between.

I have had people call me "faggot" in malice. I don't give a single fuck. I'm an adult man - these things don't bother me.

Have been on 4ch since sometime in college - 2006ish? I forget.

If there was a lesson I most recently learned from this place (in general) it's that people who have infinite attention from other people don't need yours. They don't need your friendship, they don't need your empathy, emotional support - whatever you might think is "valuable" to a "normal" person in the context of a relationship - internet celebrities (even small time ones) don't need this from you.

So I'm knowing them in any context - friendship, acquaintance, or otherwise - you're never going to be anything to these people. You will never have anything in common with them. And if you're a "fan" then you should remain a "fan" and don't go trying to meet or know these people.

Trust me it will be infinitely less painful to just maintain the ideal version of them in your head rather than come to know them and all their flaws. Even if you accept these things about them - they will not accept you.

After all, who do you think you are? Lol...just some rando fan.

Very easy to depersonalize on the internet.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.