[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

uncomfortable as both genders? pls respond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 533.jpg (52KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
533.jpg
52KB, 1024x1024px
let me preface this post by saying that I am not in the best of mental states right now nor have I ever really been. I just graduated highschool and am currently a NEET with the excuse of "taking a semester off". I'm also extremely depressed and probably have some underlying personality disorder.

For the past 8 months I have been lifting weights in attempt to get /fit/. Seeing my body progress from a flabby piece of shit to less flabby piece of shit with some muscle was pretty interesting. I liked the progress I was making not only in terms of my physique, but also with my lifting numbers. As of now, my numbers for a 1 rep max are 145lbs for a overhead press, 185 for my benchpress, and a 315 squat. Before I decided to get /fit/ I was questioning my gender identity A LOT and dealing with what I assumed was "Gender Dysphoria". Certain features like my broad shoulders and my big feet were making me pretty disappointed with my life which in turn led me to just repressing my feelings and embracing my masculinity to where I am now.

Those feelings that I've repressed have started to resurface and I'm just really confused as to what I'm supposed to do. I just feel really uncomfortable living the life I'm living and the path I'm headed towards. I don't want to grow up into adulthood as a man. If you asked me 8 months ago if I could push a button and be a girl I would push that button. If you asked me that same question now, I would still push that button. My problem is that imagining myself as a female, out in public, scares me, but going out as a male right now sucks too. None of this makes any sense to me. I would rather be a female, but doing traditional "feminine" things makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't like my male body, but doing traditional "masculine" things feels fine.

can somebody help me figure out my feelings? because instead of being a male or even a female, I'd rather just kill myself and not exist at all.
>>
>>6917191
i mean, it's impossible for anyone else to say for sure, but it sounds to me like you could be trans and just worried about social repercussions of transitioning. when you imagine yourself as female, do you think about how you'd look after taking hrt? does it make you nervous even if you'd hypothetically pass 100%? bear in mind that even if the answer is "yes," it doesn't answer anything for sure.

also, your hobbies and interests have no bearing on whether you feel dysphoria or your gender identity. it's understandable that you might like lifting or cars or computer science or whatever you consider "masculine" interests, since you probably grew up doing those things or wanting to do them. girls can have masculine interests and boys can have girly ones, it doesn't make them a different gender.

but if you honestly don't like the idea of having breasts or a vagina or broad shoulders or facial hair or any gendered traits, then that's a whole different story. you can still do certain things to alleviate that dysphoria while making yourself as androgynous looking as possible (and it doesn't make you a special snowflake tumblr whatever.)
>>
So what you're saying is... you wish you were a tomboy.

Because girls don't have to do stereotypical girly things.
>>
>>6917225
>>6917235
I understand that your hobbies whether they be feminine or masculine don't define your gender, but I imagine it would be extremely difficult to pass as a "transgendered tomboy"

>>6917225
and yea its really just a lot of the social repercussions
if i lived on an island by myself with access to hrt I'd be on it
>>
>>6917257
Difficult sure, but I know people doing it anyway.
>>
>>6917257
There's nothing that says you can't get snipped and pop titty skittles and present as a man, just in case you never really develop to the point where you feel comfortable presenting as a woman.

The worst that can happen: infertility, baby skin, muscle wasting, mood swings, gyno. And a real man will have to open your pickle jars.
>>
>>6917296
>infertility
doesn't bother me that much

>baby skin
sounds nice

>muscle wasting
meh

>mood swings
already got those fampai

>gyno
i browse /fit/ so i already have gyno
>>
>>6917257
hmm. well, really the only thing you can do is wait it out and try to take small steps toward creating a situation where you feel comfortable transitioning. maybe see a therapist, or self-med but stay closeted, or talk to trans women who were in similar situations but managed to get over their fears and see if they have any advice. or just repress everything indefinitely, but i wouldn't recommend that.
>>
>>6917296
You forgot ED
>>
File: 1473746694321.jpg (1MB, 1024x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473746694321.jpg
1MB, 1024x800px
>>6917329
That was never an issue for me. As my dick turned into a wet noodle, I became sensitive elsewhere and invested in a collection of trashy Harlequins. Shall I regale you with the image of a hunky Scottish border lord? Wew. Those all-over orgasms.
>>
>>6917191
A lot of women don't like the gender roles assigned to women either! Being a woman is not about conforming to stereotypes. You feel uncomfortable with being a man and would prefer to be a woman. That sounds trans to me (though, to be fair, I can't really tell with 100% accuracy based on one internet post).

You've been dealt a rough hand, sure. It is easier to pass if you're into performing what's expected of your gender. This doesn't mean you aren't trans though. Please don't hurt yourself. There's a way forward.

Are you seeing a therapist? Have you told them of your gender issues? How do you feel about potentially transitioning?
>>
>>6917191
take datura
>>
>>6917392
I've seen therapists in the past and have been to a psychiatric hospital twice as an inpatient

can't really say the therapy helped considering my current state
>>
>>6917392
also when it comes to transitioning I'm pretty unsure about it because of my broad shoulders and big feet
feels like I'll never pass
>>
>>6917449
1) Try to find a therapist that works for you if your financial situation allows this.
2) You honestly sound like you're pretty sure about what you want, so you should make effort to get it.

>>6917457
There are people who legit have no chance of passing, but a lot of people do and just think they don't. As long as your face and body aren't too bad you can overcome broad shoulders.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.