[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I come out to my parents as non-binary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 19g9odun87x4kjpg.jpg (58KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
19g9odun87x4kjpg.jpg
58KB, 640x426px
How do I come out to my parents as non-binary?
>>
>>6916828
You don't. It's a meme, they won't get it.
>>
>>6916846
Very helpful thanks.
>>
>>6916828
Lol tumblr shit, wait until you're out of middle school to decide you're retarded.
>>
Does it really matter? How do people treat you now based on you being a woman and how do you want/think people will treat you as non-binary.
>>
If you're not planning on physically transitioning so that there would actually be a difference in how you present, don't bother.
>>
>>6916954
this
>>
By killing yourself
>>
I wrote my mom a letter because I was too weak willed to speak to her in person, and because I am far more articulate in writing. She accepted it however I didn't explain to her that I wanted to transition some day so she still treats me as female.

>>6916954

Eh, if someone doesn't plan on socially transition but wants to change pronouns then I think it's best to tell your parents. At least allow your close peers to refer to you correctly because most people will misgender you.
>>
File: 4kids-entertainment-logo.jpg (50KB, 1491x912px) Image search: [Google]
4kids-entertainment-logo.jpg
50KB, 1491x912px
>>6916828
Nice donuts there OP
>>
>>6916828
Stand in front of them, get a whole leaf of xanax and a bottle of technical grade ethanol, then chew up the whole thing and wash it down. Then tell them.
>>
>>6916828
Why do we have to have this exact thread spammed? As soon as it dies or goes to the 4th page a new one pops up.
>>
Are you intersex? Stopped transitioning and repressed?

If no then you have no idea what non binary is, stop wearing your spoopy Halloween sexuality and call yourself cis like the rest of tumblr.
>>
>>6916828
dressed as a frog
shout "here come that boi/girl"
roll in on a unicycle

or jump from the counter and say "im intersexual"
>>
>>6916828
you don't, retard.
>>
>>6916828
Graduate highschool, get a job, and then promptly kill yourself after you experience what your life will never be
>>
>>6916828
If you dont plan on getting on T then don't.
Or maybe do if it causes you that much "dysphoria" or discomfort, research a lot and try to explain it to them like you're explaining it to a kid.
>>
Alright guys, I think OP got the point by now.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 750x734px
This feels relevant you fucking retard.
>>
>>6916828
"Dad, I'm Tumblr"
"Xon, I'm disappoint"
>>
Nonbinary isn't a thing, the fact that you want to transition should tell you something about your actual gender
>>
>>6921710
keks
>>
>>6916828
>Stop being a faggot
>Don't say anything to your parents
>>
>Look, I'm a boring regular person, but still want to feel special
>So from now, please refer to me as xe/xir
>>
>>6916828
Just say that you neither feel like a boy, nor a girl and that you don't care about your gender so you're not willing to conform to any gender roles. Tell them that you don't like them calling you their daughter/son, that you don't like your name etc.
I don't think it's that hard to understand it if they're not too stupid.
>>
>>6916846
this
>>
>>6916828
You don't. It's not real. But if you think it is then just fucking tell them, it's what I did with my whole trans thing.
>>
>>6916828
That's like coming out as an otherkin or some stupid bullshit like that. It's not a real thing. Don't bother your parents with your make believe.
>>
>>6916828
Just fucking end your life.
>>
File: Picture.png (118KB, 322x202px) Image search: [Google]
Picture.png
118KB, 322x202px
>>6927240
>>6927197
>>6927192
>>6921710
>>6916846
>>6916902

Friendly reminder self-hating LGBTs are pathetic
>>
>>6927257
not self hating just states the facts that this is a meme
>>
>>6927257
friendly reminder that "nonbinary" is not, nor will ever be, a part of lgbt.
>>
File: 3123123124645.jpg (47KB, 808x456px) Image search: [Google]
3123123124645.jpg
47KB, 808x456px
>>6928298
>nonbinary
>is an identification on the gender spectrum
>as it relates to transgenderism
>which is part of the LGB*T* community
hah gottem
>>
>>6928754
>LGBT
>Lesbian
>Gay
>Bisexual
>Transgender

Where is your made up genders in that?
>>
>>6927257

>self hating
No lol, just hate you for abusing the system for your stupid fetish

If you weren't diagnosed by a real doctor, you're not trans and will probably an hero on hrt
>>
>>6928768
since you responded to my ironic post with a serious question, I'll give you a serious answer.
aka I'm gonna copy paste from wikipedia a little bit
>The initialism LGBT is intended to emphasize a diversity of sexuality and gender identity-based cultures. It may be used to refer to anyone who is non-heterosexual or non-cisgender, instead of exclusively to people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.[3][6] To recognize this inclusion, a popular variant adds the letter Q for those who identify as queer or are questioning their sexual identity; LGBTQ has been recorded since 1996.
So the "made up genders" (>implying gender isn't just a social construct, lmao) are there in the Q and the T. And besides, medical professionals are being trained to recognize queer and non-binary identities within the realm of Trans in providing medical care and advice. I don't know what could validate non-binary identities more than being recognized in health care (>inb4 yeah, more like MENTal healthcare, amirite?)
>>
>>6928887
transsexuals want to be a different gender, either female or male

gtfo with your snowflake shit
>>
>>6916828
In your suicide note.
>>
>>6917607
>doesn't want to transition socially
>wants to change pronouns

Do you really not see the conflict here
>>
File: nkpbitCazi1rsxqqio1_500.png (247KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
nkpbitCazi1rsxqqio1_500.png
247KB, 500x375px
>>6928971
Transsexuals are people who have had sex reassignment surgery. Transgender people are people who are, by the broadest applicable definition, not cis. Queer means questioning, which can include questioning whether or not one is cis.

This attitude of "there's only two genders, one or the other" is getting really fucking played out and people like you need to be open to actual conversations about it, because the gender binary is stupid as fuck and saying that someone *has* to fit it because 'that's just the way it is' is fucking stupid.
>>
>>6929655
transsexuals can be pre-op or post-op, to be transsexual you just need to start HRT

> This attitude of "there's only two genders, one or the other" is getting really fucking played out and people like you need to be open to actual conversations about it, because the gender binary is stupid as fuck and saying that someone *has* to fit it because 'that's just the way it is' is fucking stupid.

there is no evidence that there are any other genders, the best you can claim is that some people are androgynous (a little bit of both), not this tumblrkin bullshit
>>
You wont need to when you grow out of your phase.
>>
>>6929667
>the best you can claim is that some people are ...a little bit of both

woah, pause. Are we talking about the same thing? because that was basically my point. When people identify as non-binary, usually it's for exactly that reason: they are a little bit of both masculine and feminine traits and feel uncomfortable confining themselves to saying they're one or the other.

And for what it's worth, people just like having a name for the way they feel. Androgynous is a good adjective, but for some people that's not enough to really explain how they *feel*, you know? This whole thing is about identity, and that's all subjective for people. There comes a point in this whole thing where it's not so much about what classifies a person, so much as how that person classifies themselves.
>>
>>6929741
you don't need 30+ genders to describe being somewhat in between

just do a scale, but for gender identity

3 for male, -3 for female

you can be 0.3565 if you want to be, just don't make up shit like "demiboy" or whatever
>>
>>6929837
desu senpai from what I've seen from other people, even in the tumblr community, people who identify as demi-semi-hemi-lemmi whatever stuff are seen as kinda snowflakey too
>>
>>6929741
So basically, nbs are idiots who confuse gender and gender roles, got it.
>>
>>6916828

there is no need to. unless you intend to dress in weird ways, what you identify off doesn't really matter. it doesn't help you in any way to tell them or not to tell them, you just continue to exist as you always have.
>>
>>6916828
Go back to bed /pol/
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.