[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

australian tranny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

can any ausfags around here give me an idea of the steps im going to have to take to access HRT? Where do I need to go first? How much will it cost me? How long will it take?
I'm in NSW if that matters.
>>
>>6916173
I live in QLD, but I started self medding through Inhouse Pharmacy, it was about $150 for 2 months or hrt "Spiro lasts 3 months" and after 6 months I told my gp I couldnt afford more but he said I shouldn't stop taking them after that long so he gave me a temp script and recommended me a psyc to get an official script and 6 months later I had one. oh yeah and with a pension card the script costs $5.20 for progynova and $5.20 for spiro, not sure on the cost without concession.
>>
>>6916370
Oh and the Dose I was taking was 2mg Progynova, 100mg Spironolactone "Spiractin"
Spiro comes in a 100 pill bottle, Progy comes in a 2x28 Packet.
>>
File: 1469575101728.png (138KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469575101728.png
138KB, 1280x800px
>>6916173

I'm in Sydney, started hormones (legally) at eighteen. Twenty-three now. This is how things went down:

1. Saw a GP to get a referral to a psychiatrist.
2. Saw the psychiatrist. He referred me to an endocrinologist.
3. Endocrinologist made me get blood tests, and gave me hormones when I came back a week later.

Everything apart from the medication itself was bulk billed because I'm poor. Estrogen and spironolactone both cost ~$10 per packet.

I've had an orchiectomy (free) and use sub-dermal estrogen pellets that keep my blood levels stable and high. I only need to get a new one like once a year ($200).
>>
>>6916426

I should also mention that initial GP visit to hormones was around two months.
>>
>>6916173
If you want to go through the system look for a Dr Larry Brash. He's a psychiatrist here in NSW who see's and confirms trans patients. He's a nice guy and one of very few. He's located in Lakelands, Lake Macquarie.

Get a referal from your GP to see him. Then be will likely give you a referal to an endo in Sydney who is also really nice.
>>
>>6916525

Michael Scott is also pretty good, and he's a lot closer to the city.
>>
>>6916429
orchi was free? WHAAAT?
>>
File: 1469672723422.jpg (63KB, 700x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1469672723422.jpg
63KB, 700x1036px
>>6916668

It was for a medical reason. I'm not sure you could just do it because of dysphoria or something like that.
>>
>>6916370
thanks for your input, but i dont really trust myself with self medding, and Inhouse Pharmacy doesnt seem to carry any testosterone
>>6916426
2 months? thats pretty fucking sweet, did your psychiatrist not expect or want you to spend an initial year as female before prescribing HRT?
>>6916525
thanks for the recommendation, hes about a 20 minute drive away from where i live so its very convenient
>>
>>6916767
So you had testicular cancer or the like? lel
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.