[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well which is it? Not trying to shitposting genuinely curious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1473720162881.jpg (51KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
1473720162881.jpg
51KB, 480x726px
Well which is it? Not trying to shitposting genuinely curious.

Why can't you just do classically women things but just divorce them from their gender stigma? I love to drag but its about fashion and not identify.
>>
>>6915530
gender is not a social construct
the people who believe in neurological sex are not the same people who believe in gender-as-construct, they just sort of exist in the same community
i lived as a butch girl before coming out as ftm. didn't work, because...i'm not a butch girl, and it would be like expecting any random dude off the street to do that
>>
It's a false dichotomy

The primary rhetorical failing is the emphasis on "born"

People are not "born" gay/trans/straight, etc. Biology IS a factor in determining these things, but the social is a necessary influence

One isn't born gay, but rather develops gay/trans in the womb and the early life thereafter. Even then, sexuality and gender identity are not set in stone

I tried to convince myself for a long time that I could be a feminine dude, and I was happy to be a guy who subverts gender roles and feels free to act outside masculine stereotypes. However, I wasn't happy enough. I don't believe in neurological sex in a definite sense, and I don't believe that we're born with a fixed gender identity, but I do believe the factors that determine these identities, be they biological or cultural, are too powerful to simply ignore or disregard :)
>>
>>6915530
it's a social construct. but the female role means being pretty and guys don't want male boyfriends, so i can't just drag unless i want to be a pathetic freak and never have a relationship.
>>
>>6915597
but how to deal with it? i'm sick of not being a cis girl. how can i coach my gender identity to deal with being male?
>>
>>6916121
you don't :)
>>
Neither. Gender is not a social construct but gender roles are. You have xy chromosome your male, xx female. And frankly i dont believe people can be born as the wrong gender and i view those that get serious body modification to falsely complete their gender identity as having some mental hang up about not accepting their themselves for what they are.
>>
>>6916185
you know that isn't true for 1 in 400 people BEFORE accounting for trans and intersex, right? as in, there are more people with neither xx nor xy chromosomes than there are people with type 1 diabetes
>>
>>6916191
just switch that out with biological male and females then
>>
I'm actually starting to come around to 'gender is a social construct'. It depends on how one defines gender.
It's starting to seem kind of silly to me that gender expression, roles, expectations, pronouns, etc, pretty much all things gender-related are all social constructs, but gender itself isn't. So what IS gender at that point?

Sex obviously isn't a social construct, it's physical. And there are neurologically observable differences between the sexes that contribute to broad observable patterns in the behavioural differences of men and women, inclusive of trans people in terms of their gender identity. So that stuff's not a social construct either (and I do realise that 'not muh construct' people are generally attacking the implication that sex has any bearing on the behaviour of the sexes, as if we'd all be exactly the same in a vacuum, but that's just nonsense).

But why is that brain-pattern shit suddenly gender, just because it impacts our behaviour? Isn't that still sex? Your brain is still part of your body.
So why not "gender is a social construct, brain-sex is as physical as body-sex"?
>>
File: 1472700424845.jpg (58KB, 480x410px) Image search: [Google]
1472700424845.jpg
58KB, 480x410px
The two topics aren't even related though

The correct button text is "you can be born as the wrong SEX"

Sorry for taking the bait
>>
>>6915577
>the people who believe in neurological sex are not the same people who believe in gender-as-construct, they just sort of exist in the same community
Not neccisarily true. The correct way of saying it would be:
>Nobody who understands either concept believes both at the same time. Anybody who does can and should be disregarded.
>>
File: 1474092884815.jpg (60KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
1474092884815.jpg
60KB, 480x726px
>>6915530
t b h
>>
>>6916152
well my choice is be a hon or keep trying, so...
>>
I thought gender as a social construct was a thing because what may be feminine in the US might be masculine in the EU of something.

Like warm colors are feminine, and cold are masculine based on society placing them into those groups. We gender things.

I didn't think they literally meant "men can be women if we believe hard enough." Wat.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.