[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental illness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: madotsuki.jpg (655KB, 670x800px) Image search: [Google]
madotsuki.jpg
655KB, 670x800px
So my psychiatrist thinks I have Asperger’s because I won’t socially transition before starting hormones. He said I am socially isolated because I keep my gender dysphoria secret.

Should I trust his diagnosis? Am I really autistic because I don’t want to become a fucking caricature?

Am I socially inept because I don’t want to live with the consequences of coming out to people who won’t support me?
>>
>>6911450
I would argue that only ASD people would transition socially before passing
>>
>>6911450
yeah, you have assburgers 100% mental illness so serious m9

I bet you're left handed too
>>
Your psych is out of touch with the reality of being a gender/sexual minority. They probably think you like caking on makeup and going to drag shows too.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (12KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
12KB, 356x200px
>>6911489
Feels bad man… just as I start to improve my life and social skills by dealing with my dysphoria, he accuses me of being a socially autistic retard T_T
>>
>>6911617
>dealing with disphoria
>not even on hrt
>>
Aspergers is not a mental illness. It's a neurological disability. It's related to how your brain is structured.

I'm surprised your psychiatrist diagnosed you so easily. Most autistic adults have to go through lavish loopholes to get a diagnosis.
>>
>>6911617
How are you at expressing your feelings? If you tell them that you don't agree with their diagnosis and tell them thoroughly why (they don't know what being out in your exact situation is like) then they may be able to understand and work better with you. As it is you're not in a good place for progress through them if you're in a disagreement about a major diagnosis.
But if you're skilled at speaking and getting your thoughts in order then you could revisit the autism thing; otherwise take a day or two and treat it like a school project (work and timeline wise).
If you really don't agree with them after trying to change their mind then it's best to consider seeing someone else, preferably in touch with GSM issues.
>>
>>6911630
na man i am self medding now
>>
>>6911640
>How are you at expressing your feelings?
I am crying right now... and i almost cried at my gp appointment today., he handed me a box of tissues too, it was scary.. so not very good right now, its because of the hormones i am sure, because i had fuck all emotions before i started self medding
>>
>psychiatrist thinks I have Asperger’s because I won’t socially transition before starting hormones
but that's just common sense

your """""""psychiatrist""""""" is a retard
>>
>>6911655
what kills me the most is how his diagnosis letter refers to me as a "He is a single male wanting to become female" ... you'd think a psychiatrist would be more understanding of tranny patients T_T
>>
>>6911450
what does 'autistic' even really mean?

just a word for 'abnormal'
>>
>>6911681
are you in europe or something? wow
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (2MB, 2092x1470px)
Untitled.jpg
2MB, 2092x1470px
>>6911703
Na i am in Australia
>>
>>6911709
almost the same thing

holy shit
>>
>>6911709

It seems weird to put that diagnosis on you just because of a completely natural aversion to coming out and socially transitioning, especially when the diagnosis heavily emphasises how mild it is. It really seems like this doctor just doesn't understand why one would be skittish about coming out. Sounds like he's the autist desu.

But still, I'm just some anon reading this with no context. At least this diagnosis isn't standing in the way of your ability to transition.
>>
>>6911450

Your psych doesn't know shit. Self med then come back to him and tell him to start you on hormones because it's safer. If not ask him what the fuck kind of psych he is.

I've no patience for these guys, they don't know shit.
>>
>>6911450
>wanting to not look like some freakish thing means you have Asperger's
That sounds really fucking retarded. Get a new pysch, dude.
>>
>>6911709
This guy sounds really out of touch. The fact that he's using male pronouns for you is a big red flag.

If you can, I'd recommend getting a referral to a different psych. Preferably one who lists "LGBT" or "Transgender" as a specialization. I've been through a lot of therapy, and I know for a fact that the effectiveness is directly linked to how well you click with them.

It's probably a good idea to try and work things out first by talking to him like >>6911640 said, but if that doesn't work, don't hesitate to do what's best for you.
>>
>>6911450
Wow wtf, they sound like a dick desu. My psychologist and psychiatrist, seem to be fine with it. I've made it clear that i feel pretty much the same as you, and they understand.

Only a few of my friends know and my aunt.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 1080x1080px
>>6911450
Look at what Andreja did. Or what all the Femboys do now, they take hrt and don't transition unless they feel like it. And it's the healthiest way to go about this and they tend to get the best outcome.

Your doctor is a hack, WPATH guidlines are explicit in that you shouldn't be made to socially transition before getting hrt. The man just wants to turn you into his brainwashed slave, so he can force you to act like some ridiculous caricature.

Get them through informed consent or online to spite him and rub it in in his face. Show him he has no power over your free will and who you are.
>>
>>6911714
Wut?

Don't know about the rest of the europoors but in Scotland it seems to be ok.
>>
>>6912796
i think it's more telling that anon hasnt come out to their parents and friends. basically, anon presents as male to the doc, has male identification, and lives as a male. it's clear that anon's dysphoria isn't crippling. they've lived with it 24 years and done nothing.

you reap what you sew op. you wanna transition and not get called an autist, be prepared to experience hardship and failure. socially transitioning doesnt mean you have to cake on make-up and dress ostentaciously. it means you come out to your friends and family (especially becauss it looks like you still live with the family). it means you wear girl clothes. even just jeans and a t-shirt.

>>b-but anon i'll look like a gross hon

too fucking bad. you already are one at 24 and just now starting to transition. your body and face and voice and everything else arent going to magically just because you're on hormones. sure hormones will make you feel better and calmer. they'll make you're skin smoother. you're facial may lessen. you might get some a cups or b cups. that's it.

>>but anon i have gender dysphoria why you so salty

no you dont. if you did you would actively try and willingly accept the consequences of your decisions. you acted like a retard so the psych called you out on it. good job.
>>
>>6912976
Mad hon who thinks his failed impersonation of women makes him legit detected

Why don't you go to femgen and have an aneurism in knowing that nobody will play by your hon rules anymore.
>>
>>6911681
>>6911655
>>6911450
Anon he is most probably right.

You're socially stunted little faggot who wants to fix his shit by becoming a woman and he sees right through your bullshit.

You should just kill yourself to be honest familia. You'll do it anyway halfway through transitioning, but by that time you would've ridden the taxpayer.
>>
>>6912976
>>6913012

spoken like a trutranswoman
>>
>>6911655
How long have you been going to this psychiatrist? Does he have a good perspective on your issues?
>>
>>6912990
That anon has a point in that if OP wants to get this done under this psychiatrist(and most likely others that he sees), then he needs to show some empirical work. As it stands he says he wants to be a woman but as done nothing about it. Nothing worth having is ever easy.

He'd probably be more open to coming out if he didn't frequent this board read hugbox horror stories on the regular but that's neither here nor there.
>>
Why the fuck should anyone "have to transition" before HRT, fuck that shit.
>>
>>6912976
great post hun !!
it really troubles me how much fetishists get in the system and harm trans women like us
>>
File: 1267521390351.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1267521390351.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
>trusting jews
Lesson learned, OP. Lesson learned.
>>
>psychiatrist
>diagnosing aspergers

sorry no.
>>
>>6913048
I'm pretty sure there are WPATH rules banning RLE and at any rate you're saying to act like a caricature.

Which really just convinces me that femgen has the perfect way to deal with this, do whatever you want with your body and completely cut out this sick garbage about surrendering your personality.

You might be fine with being a soulless monster, but actual humans aren't, animal.
>>
>>6913012
>>6913048
B..but i never said i wanted to become a woman,right now i only want to change my male body to be more female. I dont get dyspohoric from wearing my black hoodies and track pants, but i feel sick and disgusted and depressed when i look at my male body and face. If one day i look like a girl then sure i would love to wear more girly clothes if i looked cute in them.

but as i am now, if i was to socially transition it would only emphasize the body which i hate, and my family would disown me, and i would be kicked out onto the street and no longer be able to buy my cypro and estrofem from ihp.

though I honestly don't doubt that i am trans or have gender dysphoria at all now. Since starting hormones its like i am finally alive, and i was dead before. So yeah maybe i am autistic for waiting this long to get on hormones, but not because i stay closeted and dont social transition.
>>
>>6914943
Buy them online
>>
I accept that this LGBT thing is all just one big mentally ill fuckfest that you have to buy in to and believe in much like religion. I am part of it so I can say that. I dont want to better the world in a conventional way. I enjoy the morbid, weird, grotesque, perverse. I am an artist in that way.
>>
>>6914361

Please explain?
>>
>>6911450
I dunno dude, that sounds like bullshit psych

Maybe I'm spectrum, because I'm kind of weird and highly intelligent, but I'm trans and very socially capable. Like I'm good at making people like me a lot, and I don't have a lot of social anxiety or anything. But I DEFINITELY wanted to get on hormones before coming out. My HRT regimen may have made me a bit more insecure at times, and I have only come out to a couple of people, but it really hasn't been anything autistic or what the fuck ever. I think it makes perfect sense, and I still socialize fine.
>>
>>6914943
Anon, just want you to know that this post is something I really relate to, almost all of it. Your psych sounds like a whack, but I think you're on the right path. Hormones seem to be the right answer for me too, and also being 24, I think maybe I should've started sooner. But I didn't start til a couple months ago, and I take that to mean that I wasn't ready to do it sooner.

Sounds like we are in a similar situation, and I'd like to wish you the best, whatever happens
>>
File: 737933721.gif (855KB, 640x360px)
737933721.gif
855KB, 640x360px
>>6915684
thanks anon T_T, i wish you the best too!

feels like i am not so alone anymore when i hear others are going through the same shit
>>
>>6912976
Jesus fuck you manage to be both disgusting and pathetic. I'm someone that started transitiong before finishing puberty, and I am quite honestly saying that you and your depressed self hating "trutrans" ideology is disgusting, and needs to get out. You are the worst kind of trans person, not the "awful hons that will never pass" or even the "50 year old agps that have wives and kids" , you.
>>
>>6916023
I was diagnosed as asperger's when I was 7, and again when I was 14.

The first diagnosis was arguable (even then a lot of what troubled me was gender related, but I also legit have ADHD and some severe anxiety issues, and did have a learning disorder when i was really little) but the second was based almost wholly on the psych misconstruing dysphoric symptoms as autism.

I told my parents for years that I wasn't a boy, that I didnt want to be a man, that I didn't want to act like a man, look like a man, go through puberty as a man, or be anything like "masculine". That I related better with girls, that I wanted to look more feminine, that I wanted to stop my puberty, that I was terrified of what was happening to me, that I wanted to take meds to block my hormones, that I wanted hair removal, etc. All of this was blamed on "asperger's"

My mother is super controlling, and used to basically be a borderline-TERF (she's softened a lot lately, and she was never really a radfem, just a trans exclusive liberal feminist). So actually expressing that I wanted to be a girl was terrifying, because I knew she would jump on that as being "because of trying to escape masculinity by encroaching in femaleness" or that I was "internalizing sexist stereotypes". She's also a lawyer, and would try and argue away my dysphoria whenever I brought it up (which was a lot, because I basically had weekly emotional breakdowns related to it throughout most of highschool and middle school), eventually she managed to twist my mind so much with her rhetoric that I couldnt even admit to myself that I was a girl without her ridiculous arguments getting in my head. "its just aspergers and your social skills and executive functioning deficits, and toxic masculinity and blahblahblahh"

Even though our relationship has improved, I can not forget ( or forgive) the hardship that the misguided asperger's diagnosis gave me.
>>
>>6916088
>its just aspergers and your social skills
That is fucked. that's exactly what my family would be like, i imagine they would say something like "you only want to be a girl because you fail to socialize as a guy" or something.

Fuck coming out. no one would ever understand. I am just gonna pop hormones in the closet forever
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.