[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An embryo without the need of an egg cell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: mikasa.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
mikasa.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Yesterday an article about the creation of a mice embryo made of sperm without the need of an egg cell was published in the scientific journal Nature Communications . This is really interesting because this means that in the near future, MABYE, women will not be "strictly needed in order to have children", and this will probably have an interesting impact in our society, not just the lgbt community. The creation was in vitro, so you dont have to carry the baby for 9 months. All the religious fags won't be able to tell us that a relationship with another man is impure because it can't create other human beings and they could go ahead and fuck themselves with a huge rusty razor. I am personally really excited about this and I hope this kind of experiment will be carried out successfully with only egg cells too.

If you want to read the article, here is the link:

http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms12676

>what do you think about this??
>>
>>6902982
>The creation was in vitro, so you dont have to carry the baby for 9 months.
>E1.5 (2-cell) embryos (the day following activation) were transferred to the oviductal ampullae of pseudo-pregnant CD-1 females at day 0.5 (that is, plugged females that had been mated with vasectomized males the previous night).
>>
Great. Just need artifical wombs and we can finally begin the long planned genocide of all females.
>>
>>6903013
But that means you just need a womb or an artificial womb.
>>
>>6903063
>you just need a womb or an artificial womb.
So you still need a woman to carry your child (not enough to silence opposition that "gays can't have kids"), or an artificial womb which might be harder to create than an embryo.
>>
>>6903063
>>6903094
Your days are numbered, living incubator scum.
>>
File: wow.jpg (230KB, 531x805px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
230KB, 531x805px
>>6902982
>a mice embryo made of sperm without the need of an egg cell
Except they started their experiment with an unfertilized egg...
>>
>>6903105
>implying I'm a woman
I'm just being realistic.
We don't have the means to grow children in test tubes yet.
>>
>>6903125
>yet
It's only a matter of time.
>>
>>6903135
They will always need eggs and sperm. Otherwise it's like trying to build a car without engine or wheels.
>>
>>6903138
It's only a matter of time. Sperm is fine. We need artificial eggs and the artificial uterus. These would essentially allow humanity, with the proper tech, to populate the galaxy over enough time without faster than light technology, and as a bonus we can eradicate all females. Total win, and it's only a matter of time.
>>
>>6903135
There's a very high chance of people going mad protesting since it's gonna bring forth some questions of ethics and morality, and they can delay things for quite a long time, even if the technology is there.

But yes on the long timescale it's inevitable.
>>
>>6903019
c-can ftms join too
>>
>>6903094
artificial womb IS harder than creating an embryo. The womb environment regulates lots of developmental processes like behaviour and we have understood but a small fragment of this complex system.

>>6903135
>>6903154
>>6903165
weeell I wouldn't say that we'll be still alive when something like that will be offered to the masses.
People fiercely fight against manipulations of the human germ line. Therapeutic cloning was discovered years ago and should have triggered a revolution in medicine, but noooo egg cells are holy. And this is to HEAL people, which is waay less problematic than for the purpose of reproduction.

Even if politics and mass opinion approved of manipulating the germ line, I wouldn't be too sure if the reprogrammed sperm cells are fully pluripotent. The article says they're all healthy and all but I would not be too sure. We are just beginning to understand the process of reprogramming and chromatin remodeling, there really might be some flaws to it that were not detected. The only thing this article found out that it works somehow, but to what extent is still under great debate.

soo don't build up false hopes...
>>
>>6908582
This. Unfortunately it's quite complicated process, it might take decades to perfect. Honestly surrogacy is only option and it will be like that for a while.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.