[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should access to HRT be blocked for those transitioning after 18?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1473521343264.jpg (272KB, 900x783px) Image search: [Google]
1473521343264.jpg
272KB, 900x783px
Should access to HRT be blocked for those transitioning after 18?
>>
No one under 18 should be taking hormones
>>
>>6886708
1st off you're wrong
>>
The less available HRT is, the more hons you will have. Hons should be avoided at all costs, and it's illegal to do that by euthanizing them, so the only option is moar HRT for youngsters.
>>
>>6886854
I'd argue no one should take hormones
>>
File: 574.jpg (24KB, 236x340px) Image search: [Google]
574.jpg
24KB, 236x340px
I asked for hormones at 17 and didn't even get them legally till I was 18. Hormone access would need to be greatly expanded first.
>>
>>6886703
no thats retarded. the resources for trans people haven't even been remotely accessible until the last 5 years or so. plus, tons of people dont have any way to access those resources while under parental medical insurance and care, so they HAVE to wait. perhaps further down the line my opinion could change, but you people are acting like HRT has been around forever; it hasn't
>>
>>6886703
I'm 50/50 about HRT being offered for those under 18. Mostly because of the tumblr trend of people being trans for a week and then deciding it's not for them. But on the other hand, testosterone changes body structure and it's important to catch that early.

is there anything to just.. block testosterone without using estrogen?

then again, I'm also assuming mtf people change their mind like tumblrites which, you'll probably tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>6887071
>we need to protect idiots who fall prey to radfem propaganda at the expense of people with serious medical conditions
Yeah, no.
>>
>>6887071
Having people who just experiement with HRT and then throwing it by the wayside is much preferable than forcing people into honhood.
>>
>>6887071
>we must protect idiots at the cost of people who know what they're doing

Taking hormones is a risk. If transtrenders take it early and regret it, too fucking bad. The damage to people who DON'T take hormones early and are genuinely trans simply outweighs the converse, since if they take hormones early their chance of passing greatly increases.
>>
>>6887045
Being without hormones is extremely unhealthy.
>>
>>6886703
Why do you insist on SPAMMING this board with that fucking cartoon? WHY? Every fucking time I come to this board the front page is just fucking saturated with this fucking cartoon. Is it just or two anons who are doing it? From what I can tell there is at least one avatar fag in cis lesgen, but then why are there countless OPs for other threads that use this faggot shit?

tl;dr OP kill yourself, dowse yourself in gasoline and light the match - just fucking do it.
>>
>>6886703
I would kill to have started HRT back in high school. But I was born in fucking 1990 not 1998, so that shit was not going to happen.

But... I'll take my starting point any fucking day over all of the young hons that are on these boards. I think it's cute when the younghons with 38" ribcages use age as the end-all predictor of passability. But hey, I guess I can't blame you. If I was a 17 year old with the bone structure of Bruce Jenner while someone who started HRT at fucking 23 has cis-tier measurements, I'd be lashing out too.
>>
>>6886703
why would you put an arbitrary age limit on who can and cannot receive medical help for their condition
>>
>>6887296
They're just the next generation of Autists. It's the next MLP. I mean... it's a cartoon show for kids on Cartoon Network...
>>
File: 345.png (530KB, 456x615px)
345.png
530KB, 456x615px
>>6887296
don't get too worked up about it.

>>6887305
unlike MLP it's a show for 18 and older
>>
File: brows.jpg (7KB, 214x189px) Image search: [Google]
brows.jpg
7KB, 214x189px
>>6887071
>block testosterone without using estrogen?
enjoy your ugly tall lanky eunuchoid bod
>>
>>6886703
No, hrt should be mandatory for all male births.
>>
*facepalm*
No, considering it's this train of thought that created hons in the first place back in the 70s/80s when only uber twinks were allowed to transition thus creating a generation of trannies transitioning in their 40s.
>>
>>6887419
this.
>>
>>6887071
Most of the tumblr trend are very vocal about you not needing dysphoria or hormones or surgery to be trans and don't seem to even be seeking medical transition. It's a non-issue.
>>
>>6887350
who cares, it's not like they're not going to hon it up anyway
>>
>>6887350
>tfw 90% of people who'd even consider testosterone blockers of any kind WOULD prefer this over the fucking G.I. Joe Chad body (or weak parody thereof) that T turns you into
>>
File: castration increases lifespan.png (10KB, 799x92px) Image search: [Google]
castration increases lifespan.png
10KB, 799x92px
>>6887252
Not them but in males it increases the lifespan.
>>
File: 1457935211703.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457935211703.png
602KB, 963x720px
Why aren't all children castrated at birth and then given the hormones of their choice at puberty?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.