[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be a surgery that can make shoulders smaller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

Will there ever be a surgery that can make shoulders smaller? D:

It doesn't have to exist yet, in ten years would be fine, I just don't want these huge shoulders all my life :(
>>
Oh that pic made me remember. Just lobby for shoulder pads to become fashionable again. Then you can just pretend you're wearing them.

Alternatively, wear hip pads?
>>
>>6886452
My hips would have to be ridiculously big for that to work, and I get reverse-dysphoria even imagining having cisgirl-sized hips (yeah, I don't know, my brain is broken but that's how I feel), so bigger ones would just break me.
>>
should I just kms?
>>
>>6886530
yes
>>
File: GITS 16.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GITS 16.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>6886439
It would probably start with a surgery to change the shape/design of the ribcage or through transplants and what ever is necessary the reattach the muscles. And, then something similar to that or combination of to shorten and alter the shoulder bones.

Whatever it is: stem cells will be needed.

Genetic modification and replacement vocal cords should be around then. It would be wonderful to have the tech from Ghost in the Shell. we could literally go fully cyborg and then systemically phase out most of the cybernetic parts or just what is necessary to transition. Womb and eggs included.
>>
You should've stayed a man
>>
>>6886707
Why would scientists waste resources researching technology to help the delusion of .03 percent of the population?
>>
>>6886530
No
>>
>>6886717
Presumably it can be used for other purposes? Also, we're 0.6 percent, and gender dysphoria doesn't require specific beliefs about anything and therefore it can't be a delusion on its own.
>>
>>6886717
Padding patient number which help lower the costs of procedure and help towards funding improvements for the tech, which will help multiple fields. We're a capitalist world, sweetie. It's more money! More money means more research and talent. It's a win-win situation.

On your suggestion: why help people with brittle-bone disease.
>>
>>6886846
exactly

many medical advances were made to benefit 0.03% or fewer of the entire population, that's not a good argument
>>
>>6886452
>Just lobby for shoulder pads to become fashionable again. Then you can just pretend you're wearing them.

I blame lois lane for making me a chaser.

And shoulder reduction would be some violent brutal ass shit. What would they do, break both arms? Maybe remove some bone entirely?
>>
Probably not. How would that even work? Would they break and refuse the collar bones to be smaller, along with the back bones? Maybe shave down the scapula? Either way, you'd end up crippled and deformed.
>>
>>6886846
Would people be paying out-of-pocket for their own surgeries? Or would the first few to go get it free in exchange for being seriously maimed and before they nixed the idea all together?
>>
>>6887796
We're talking GitS here. You can just get a cybernetic arm, but a cyberbrain can be transferred to a full-cyborg body. It's probably covered by insurance.
>>
>>6887783
Maybe they could make new bones? There's a lot of progress in fields related to this, like 3D-printed organs. I'm not sure how they'd insert and attach them, though.
>>
>>6886439
>wants to surgically alter healthy shoulder bones out of insecurity
You should stop obsessing over your physical appearance so much.
>>
>>6890617
Dysphoria doesn't work that way.
>>
>>6890619
This isn't even about gender anymore, this is about being attractive.
>>
>>6890625
Why would it not be about gender??
>>
>>6890668
Because the purpose of such surgery would only be to look more desirable. Shoulders are not sexual organs.
>>
>>6890702
>>6890625
Humans are an aesthetically obsessed species, and later life passinng is a combination of genetics and heavy amounts of surgery. These are also point that are used against us: "You'll never be able to change those ______, so why don't just give up you monstrosity, because you'll never look like a woman". If this becomes possible: they'll throw a fit, because it's one less weapon that they can use against us, and I want to see them left without their knives and only raw, visible, disgusting hatred for all to see who they really are.

I'm sorry, but humans really do care about presentation. Why do you think so many people seek plastic surgery when they can afford it.
>>
>>6890920
>so many people seek plastic surgery when they can afford
The vast majority of those people that can afford it still have no interest. This is because cosmetic surgery is such an incredibly foolish thing to do. I understand why transgirls want breast implants and transmen want breast reduction, you want to present as your gender identity, that is not purely about looking desirable and does not seem foolish to me. Something like a "shoulder reduction" on the other hand... how stupid and vain can people get?
>>
>>6891123

Passing depends on an aggregate sum of features. The more feminine your features are the more likely you are to pass, and also dysphoria will go down.

And if someone really wants to change themselves, why should they hold back for the sake of fulfilling some abstract virtue?
>>
>>6891184
>dysphoria will go down
Again, I don't think a "shoulder reduction" would be related to gender dysphoria, anymore than a nosejob, rib reduction or other cosmetic procedures would be.

>why should they hold back
Maybe a little self respect?
>>
>>6891261
3/10, still too obvious
>>
>>6891261

Maybe not everyone shares your personal notion of what self-respect is.
Shoulders/faces/etc. are affected by masculinization during puberty. Just because it is not a "sexual organ" like genitals or something like tits doesn't mean it isn't a secondary sex characteristic that humans use to gender each other.
>>
>>6891281
No, this is genuinely how I feel about cosmetic surgery. I think it is really unfortunate that doctors are even allowed to do this shit. When there's a legitimate reason (for example, transgenderism) then I understand, but looking pretty is no good reason to go under the knife. Medical resources can be put to so much better use.

>>6891285
Ciswomen are not all beauty queens, you know. There is no good reason for this kind of surgery.
>>
>>6891291

I'm bored by your ignorance and idealism. So I won't respond after this. There is a difference between a feature being unattractive yet in female range/norms, and that feature being outside of female norms and in the male norms, eg. shoulder width.
>>
To anyone who genuinely holds ideas like in >>6891291, get your nose out of other people's business
>>
>>6891291
Because it's free practice, and the world has better plastic surgeons because of it. There will always be pressures on how our bodies should look. Pubic hair shaving, anyone? Maybe just the legs? Totally unnecessary for the majority but expected to do it anyway.
>>
>>6891315
I may be an idealist, but you are the one who is ignorant about what it means to respect yourself and your own body.

>>6891318
Shaving yourself does not have any risks (well, maybe the risk of a small cut, if your hand slips).

Surgery is very different, obviously.
>>
>>6890702
Wide shoulders are a secondary sexual characteristic. They induce gender dysphoria.

Beards, breasts, wide hips, protruding brow bridges, wide ribcages, and many other things are not "sexual organs" either. If primary sexual characteristics were all that mattered then trans people would just get sexual reassignment surgery and be done with it.
>>
>>6891479
A secondary sexual characteristic that ciswomen can also have.

You might claim that not being a 10/10 hottie induces gender dysphoria, but frankly I think you just want to be sexy. That has nothing to do with being a transwoman.
>>
>>6886530
maybe.
>>
>>6886439
>Will there ever be a surgery that can make shoulders smaller? D:
No, not in our lifetime at least. Such a surgery would include the complete reassembly of your skeleton, musculature.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.