[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trevor Noah Compares iPhone 7 Outrage To Anti-Trans Outrage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trevor-noah-iphone-transgendered_us_57d0e11ae4b0a48094a7a70d

>Apple’s announcement that the iPhone 7 will ditch the headphone jack has a lot of people losing their minds, according to “Daily Show” host Trevor Noah.

>“People are getting angry,” he said Wednesday night. “[They’re saying], ‘Oh Apple, what am I supposed to do without a headphone jack? This is a bastardization of what a headphone jack should be.’”

>The headphone jack elimination is new, but “Daily Show” host Trevor Noah says he’s heard the same complaints before.

>“This is literally the same way people react to the transgender conversation, the same argument,” he said. “‘It’s not natural. It used to have a thing and now it doesn’t have a thing? ... What are my kids supposed to think?’”

>Noah answered that rhetorical question: “Your kids will think it’s normal.”

So libcucks are comparing us to phones now?
>>
File: 1441083368099.jpg (89KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1441083368099.jpg
89KB, 400x300px
>>6877006
Disgraceful.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 353x351px)
image.jpg
24KB, 353x351px
>>6877006
Kill all media personalities (tv/film/twitter etc.) they all need to be dead by tomorrow morning. Get on it
>>
>>6877006
It is a funny joke. You're only buttmad because you have no sense of humor and get offended at trivial bullshit. The iPhone jack thing is retarded though.
>>
>>6877030
Yeah I really don't see the problem here. He made a reasonable comment on Trans politics and did it in a humorous and clever way.
>>
>>6877030
It isn't funny at all. The joke itself is forced and comes off as smug. It's just a disingenuous way to deflect from a valid criticism by shifting the conversation to trans issues.
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (5KB, 256x144px)
facepalm.jpg
5KB, 256x144px
>>6877030
It is not about whether the joke is funny or not. It's more about the fact that it's retarded, distasteful and in poor taste.

Not to mention it reeks of pro-consumerism: "who cares about your retrograde concerns you dumb troglodyte. just buy our stupid shit"
>>
>>6877006
I'm not sure how making light of straight cops and straight regular citizens murdering trans people for their Jesus, by comparing it to my first world phone jack woes, is funny. Can someone enlighten me?
>>
>>6877006
I didn't realize we built transsexuals in taiwanese factories
>>
>>6877105
you mean ladyboys?
>>
>>6877116
Are ladyboys made by foxconn?
>>
>>6877006
lmao what the fuck
>>
Removing such an important feature is just stupid anyway. I fail to see the similarity between a trans woman removing their unwanted penis and a corporation removing a feature that is, as far as I'm concerned, necessary, for some godawful reason because they can and most of the idiots that buy apple products will probably buy it anyway and then buy another ipod on top of it so they can use their headphones to listen to music again.
>>
>>6877006
Holy shit, the Dailyshow has gone down hill ever since Stewart quit.
Can't believe CC chose that hack Noah over Bee and Oliver.
>>
>>6877271
Yeah, I've got a 6, but I won't be getting the 7. Because now I can't charge my phone while it's headphone jacked into my cars tape deck without some 20 dollar cable splitter the Apple Store is going to try and force on consumers.
Oh well I am sure there will be an android phone worth getting.
>>
Anyone who defends apple in this is retarded. Wireless headphones are inferior on so many levels.
>>
...But an iPhone isn't an autonomous human being who can make their own decisions and whom I have no authority over. The iPhone is a product whose features are absolutely my concern regarding my decision to buy it, from a company who have a history of removing staple features for the sake of forcing people onto pointless, often privacy-invading new technology (and in this case very expensive too, those wireless earphones are like $150, and without a jack using them and praying you don't misplace them is mandatory), and whose decisions tend to have ripple effects across the industry that will likely impact me at some point whether I buy from them or not.

I don't even understand the comparison, it just sounds like a cheap and accidentally offensive attempt to virtue signal while being contrary for the sake of attention by bizarrely defending a price-gouging suicide-netting piece of shit corporation.

Send from my iPhone
>>
PEOPLE ARE MAD BUT ITS LITERALLY THE SAME THING

LITERALLY
>>
Is it a bad attempt to pun at the fact that jack inputs/outputs are referred to as male/female? Because even in this case, the iPhone would be going from female to agender, and no one really cares or knows about that kinda shit except Tumblr.
>>
>>6877483
Do you really think the idiots who wrote this know about male/female jacks? Its just a painfully shallow joke
>>
>>6877171
Where'd you get that 40 million statistic? That sounds quite frankly ridiculous, there are at most about 150 million women in the US, only about half of which are currently even either sexually mature or still fertile (mostly over 50s baby boomers at this point), you are insinuating that over half of all women in the US get an abortion, that's absurd.
>>
Did they just skip the iPhone 6? Didn't the 5 come out like last fall?
>>
>>6877503
I sounds like something written by a troll. I take it The Daily Show hires directly from 4chan's /b/ now.
>>
>>6877650
They probably hired people that Buzzfeed rejected, CC is cheap as fuck
>>
Can't watch the seg, but it sounds like he's actually being extremely sarcastic and critical of Apple, and the media is just taking it out of context for topical outrage clicks.

>Apple fans and iPhone aficionados are in a frenzy after the company revealed plans for eliminating the standard headphone jack in future phones, an act described by Apple as "courage." However, Daily Show host Trevor Noah applauded the company for being "woke."

>"When I think of courage, I think Martin Luther King, first responders, and what a bunch of cowards they were compared to the dude who removed an iPhone hole," joked the Comedy Central host.
>>
>>6877006
watch the SJWs lap it up
>>
>>6877600
>last fall
That's like almost an entire year anon.
That's at LEAST 12 opportunities to come out with a new phone. Apple should be on 17 right now what a joke of a company.
>>
>>6877520
the point is that abortions only happen because the modern environment and capitalist economic structure punishes reproduction.

abortion just isn't a good sign.
>>
>>6877030
well, it's a joke. i'm not offended but it's really not funny
>>
>>6877171
Sure is reddit in here.
>>
>>6878171
it's just more mde shilling for the tanking show
>>
>>6878192
reddit is truly terrible
>>
>>6877171
I would take a bullet for you sam
>>
>>6878203
just looking for an opportunity to express how much i hate reddit.

gotta seize the moment, not one step back in the fight against reddit comrades!!!
>>
>>6877006
>defending some guy literally shilling for one of the biggest corporations in the world, while simultaniously shoehorning in a completely unrelated political issue for libpoints and somehow managing to fuck both of those things up completely
>>
>>6877373
>12:15AM
eastern or central time my "man"?
>>
>>6878150
Ow the Edge.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.