[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

So I have an issue /lgbt/. I recently started seeing a guy, at first we agreed it would just be a hook up. But we ended up talking for hours and hours. Then we ended up seeing each other 3 days in a row. We both like each other, and he is hands down the hottest guy I've ever been with, close to the hottest I've ever seen. The problem is he is a 16 year old high school senior and I'm 24..... idk what to do. I would have never expected to even contemplate dating a 16 year old.... till we talked and hung out. What would you do? Do you think I should call it quits only because age? Or try and see how it goes? Pic related, he looks a lot like this
>>
>>6874199
Also I forgot to mention, the state I live in has an age of consent of 16.... but only in heterosexual relationships.... he would have to be 18 for it to be legal.... which I literally can't believe that is the law. But here in America all men are created equal, except the fags
>>
>>6874199
16 still has a lot of growing to do, mentally, physically, socially, educationally, economically. If you guys stay together he might end up stunting his own potential by passing up on opportunities to go to scool or train elsewhere. I say don't get serious.

Stop fucking, particularly if his family isn't down with his orientation or with the age gap; they would be within their rights to press charges and push for the DA to prosecute you to the furthest extent of the law. People have been forced to register as sex offenders for smaller age differences.

If you want to, then stay friends, but keep him at arm's length until he's 18. I'd say no actual physical proximity and stick to strictly the occasional text conversation until he's of age.

That's my prudent and boring answer at least.

I understand the impulse to get caught up in a whirlwind of emotion with this guy. It's new, it's taboo, he's hot, this probably makes it hotter even if (or because) you feel conflicted. It's hard to find compatible guys practically ever, and you don't want to risk missing out on a good guy, and you might even be afraid of what he might become in the future whIle you wait (and you should wait.)

However, you should try to think this out further than the bedroom, because a serious relationship (does he even want one so young?) could potentially change both your lives.

Tl;dr: bail, but keep his number.
>>
>>6874273
I appreciate the advice. We are not going to take it serious. I have told him that it's probably going to end with him finding another guy.... but do I really have to drop it? He doesn't want to, nor do I. Yes he has some growing up to do.... but he won't be 18 till his sophomore year in college! I understand most 16 year olds are immature little fuck heads, but to be fair he isnt. His life is more together and on track than mine, and I'm not just saying that to justify anything.
>>
>>6874302
Just fuck him in the boipuss
>>
>>6874322
That was the plan. Fuck then leave
Then I fucked and then fell for him
Then we fucked some more. And talked more, and got even closer. That's the problem. If it were easy to just fuck and leave, I wouldn't be asking for advice.
>>
>>6874302
I think you could stay friends, but the legality is what would make me leery of even doing that. To be clear I mean that you would be making yourself vulnerable to threats of legal action or actual criminal charges. As far as I'm concerned if 16 is the hetero age of consent in your state then it SHOULD be the age of consent for homo sex, but the last time I checked I am not any of the state legislatures or justice departments.

Do you have any impression of his family life? Is his family cool with his orientation, and would they be cool with such a significant age gap between the two of you?
>>
>>6874219
What the fuck kind of shitty country is?
And it's in the "West"? Christ almighty; get your arse to a better country, preferably one that doesn't pretend to have "LGBT equality" (or any kind of equality) while evidently not having said equality.
>Is it Canada?
>Wow, I fucking hate Canada now.
>NZ gets a promotion to second best commonwealth country in my books.
>>
>>6874343
Ya that's where the real problem is... his family is morman. They know he is "bi" but don't actually acknowledge it. So they are definitely not going to be cool with it if they find out. That's another reason I don't want to just leave him high and dry.... his family is toxic for him. He is trying to get emancipated, but I have doubts that it will work. I mean when I was in high school I had 2 boyfriends and my parents had no clue.... that's another reason I feel like it could work out.... but I get that if it doesn't, I could be in deep shit. I just hate the thought of not seeing him for another 2 years when he is the first guy I've liked in years.... where I live there isn't just a million guys to choose from either
>>
>>6874344
>>6874344
In the US the age of consent varies by state and it's not uncommon for there to be a discrepancy between the age of consent for hetero and homo sex for a lot of developed countries. I think the UK made news about 10 years ago by making the age of consent for homo sex the same as hetero sex (16). I think Japan maintains a discrepancy as well?
>>
>>6874344
Right? I actually thought about that. But then again what if I did get caught? I could theoretically challenge the law and bring it to either the state or national supreme Court.... be some weird homo-pedo martyr
>>
>>6874363
Mormon...yikes. That sounds pretty sketch since there can be a lot of variability in all that. Honestly, I think that he might really need a friend who can relate to his struggles as a young gay man.

There are apparently a lot of gay Mormons out there who live apart from their families (for any number of reasons) but want to keep practicing their faith. I think I've seen at least two youtube channels dedicated to individuals like that? Maybe he or even the both of you could reach out to them to get advice on how to handle the prospect of emancipation and the struggle he'll probably have to face in future with coming out and/or needing to separate from his family.
>>
>>6874372
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that eventaully does make it to the Supreme Court, but that would take more time than the 2 years the two of you need to wait before dating more openly.

Even once you are safe from a legal perspective he won't necessarily be free of consequences his family may have in store, which could include disowning him. So I think that the experience of other gay Mormon men will be a benefit to him.
>>
>>6874392
That's decent advice.... I will have to bring that up to him. Because I'm not the guy to sympathize very well, I actually got diagnosed as mildly psychotic....
>>
>>6874417
>>6874372
More Perfect did a segment about when the Texas anti-sodomy law was struck down. I believe that only made it to the Texas state Supreme Court and that took several years. The plaintiffs were charged in 1996 and the ruling that struck it down didn't happen until 2003.>>6874392
>>
>>6874431
I don't actually WANT this to happen.... I just feel like there is a solid argument there and would be willing to fight if it meant not having to register as a sex offender
>>
>>6874438
Oh I mostly posted that because I listened to it last week and it seemed relevant to the discussion while we're talking possibilities. Also, I am a bit sleep deprived, so my mind is prone to jumping around quite a bit at the moment.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.