[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transwomen, how are you sure you were meant to be women? Could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Transwomen, how are you sure you were meant to be women? Could it be just, or primarily that your perception of stereotypical femininity is appealing, and you want to be wanted, feel sexy, and admired in the way that women are?
>>
>>6868679
we have this thread twice a day at least
>>
>>6868679
>looking at my male self makes me want to shoot my head off
>very unlikely, given that i'm not exceptionally feminine and the one thing i fear in potentially passing is getting attention and people not leaving me alone
>>
>>6868679
Closeted wanabe so I don't know if my opinion is welcome.

>Transwomen, how are you sure you were meant to be women?
I don't think anyone is "meant" to be anyone. Some people who were born as one sex feel the need to have the body/hormones of the other and suffer greatly if that's not the case. Everything else is just societal brainwashing about what it means to be a man or a woman.

In truth transsexuals, even before HRT, are not truly men nor women. The sexually dysmorphic regions of our brains tend to be somewhere in between. We don't know if that's the cause of transsexualism but it heavily correlates with feeling gender dysphoria.

>Could it be just, or primarily that your perception of stereotypical femininity is appealing, and you want to be wanted, feel sexy, and admired in the way that women are?
There are a lot of transsexuals who stay in the closet but still take hormones because they alleviate their dysphoria. Stereotypical femininty has nothing to do with it.

This is what infuriates me about gender crits. They think this is about playing dressup.
>>
>>6868759
no. there are many women i would like to look like or be. of course i am ashamed of myself, being a tranny is garbage. i simply dislike my body, not ashamed of it
>>
File: tumblr_o84311yx341ruw5mdo1_540.jpg (110KB, 445x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o84311yx341ruw5mdo1_540.jpg
110KB, 445x810px
>>6868704
AFAIK, there are obviously theories put in place, but I don't see how there can be a "heavy correlation" (I haven't read about any heavy correlation, at least). Though I have read theories about the similarities between TW and cis women's SDN and stria terminalis, I don't see how there could be any "heavy correlation" other than the size comparisons. All there are, are theories.

>still take hormones because they alleviate their dysphoria
Interesting. Do you think the alleviation is brought on by the slight changes in appearance, or some kind of mood boosting properties that can be attributed to higher levels of female hormones?

>>6868760
I meant, in a way other than being transgender. Feeling shame for other reasons. Have you started to transition? Do you feel better, in general, when you wear women's clothes, or is it the same as being in any other mode of dress, because you are aware that you do not have a womanly form?
>>
>>6868759
>AFAIK, there are obviously theories put in place , but there's no heavy correlation or way, at this time, to determine what EXACTLY is the cause of gender dysphoria. The alleged similarities between TW and cis women in the SDN and stria terminalis being the cause of dysphoria are just theories...
There absolutely is no proof that this is the cause of dysphoria but there absolutely is a heavy correlation.

Given that so many transsexuals don't really conform to the gender roles of the sex they transition to but still claim to feel better afterwards I don't think a societal explanation is tenable though.

>Interesting. Do you think the alleviation is brought on by the slight changes in appearance, or some kind of mood boosting properties that can be attributed to higher levels of female hormones?
I don't know. Anecdotes do not make data so I cannot say this for sure but I've heard many transitioners reporting that they've felt significantly better after just taking hormones for a few weeks without presenting as the other sex. This, combined with the previously mentioned group of closeted hormone takers, leads me to suspect that there might just be a chemical imbalance of sorts. I've never, ever seen any research which backed this up though.
>>
>>6868772
>AFAIK, there are obviously theories put in place, but I don't see how there can be a "heavy correlation" (I haven't read about any heavy correlation, at least). Though I have read theories about the similarities between TW and cis women's SDN and stria terminalis, I don't see how there could be any "heavy correlation" other than the size comparisons. All there are, are theories.

Google "A Review of the Status of Brain Structure Research in Transsexualism, Springer". As usual 4chan hates Springer links.

Note that this is not a "feminine essence" claim. Transsexuals don't literally have the brains of the other sex. The sexually dysmorphic areas of the brains of dysphoric transsexuals tend to be masculinized/feminized toward the other sex, looking like a cross between the typically male and typically female versions of those areas. Same for density/etc. The closest analogy, as the study says, is "brain limited intersexuality" but that's not really it either.
>>
>>6868772
not really, it just makes it painfully obvious what i'm not. if i had a woman's body i'm sure it would though, given the feeling every once in a while when i can see the right angle and not feel like shit for a few seconds
>>
i just wanted to grow my hair and wear dresses, and society says you cant do that unless you cut your nuts and take pills. and even then it wants you dead. guess mtf just aren't made for this world.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.