[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get the courage to go to a therapist, and then tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: mfw.jpg (49KB, 427x574px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
49KB, 427x574px
How do I get the courage to go to a therapist, and then tell then tell I have gender issues?

I'm extremely scared and embarrassed too, and I've kept these feelings bottled up my whole life up so far. Also I have a fear that the therapist will just make fun of me, or even worse, tell someone I know.
>>
>tell someone I know
That's illegal.
>>
>>6864678
A (proper licensed) therapist is a trained medical professional.
Like a doctor for the mind they are there to help you.

If you were clearly in pain you'd go to the doctor right?
Even if it was embarassing and doubted yourself about what it was.

>>6864696
Also this.
>>
YOU CAN DO IT OP YEAAAAAAH GO OP GO OP WOOOOO DO IT FIGHT THE POWER TRIUMPH OVER ADVERSITY CAST AWAY THE FETTERS AND EMBRACE FREEDOM ARRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>6864748
OP here, this motivated me slightly
>>6864696
>>6864699
Okay well there is one therapist close to me, but do you think she'd be understanding? How do I even tell her I feel transgender
>>
If you feel like you're getting gatekeeped hard, or just have too much anxiety to go to therapist, there's nothing wrong with self-medding.
>>
I'm not OP but could anyone explain to me.. uh... the basics of how this works?

For example, what kind of therapist?

It's easy to say "Go to a therapist" but in reality it's a bit more complicated.

Someone help me i'm clueless as fuck
>>
>>6865621
>>6805996
>>
>>6865647
Thank you, you're a saint
>>
>>6864678
I went to a family doctor, so so can you.
>>
>>6865621
dont go to a therapist, find an informed consent clinic near you and get the pills
>>
I just saw a gender therapist and it felt too easy. I thought she would analyze my thoughts but she just reformed them. I hoped I wasn't really trans and this was just an OCD thought process, and she'd make me love being a man or something. Fuck I'm 27 and losing my hair.
>>
>>6864678
>Also I have a fear that the therapist will just make fun of me, or even worse, tell someone I know.
therapists do not do this
and like >>6864696 mentioned, you could sue their ass big time if they did
>>
>>6864678
Just self med, no point putting up with gatekeeping. When you've come far enough with the hormones, then it's a lot easier to go to a therapist and try to put up with their gatekeeping and bullshit.
>>
>>6865737
OP isn't necessarily just after pills..
>>
>>6864696
Not here sadly, it's required by law.
>>
>>6868047
WHAT? Where are you from?
>>
Easiest way is to just go for it. The more you think about it the worse it gets. Put yourself in a situation where you have no other choice than to do it. Just call your doctor/psychologist/whatever you call in your country and you'll have no choice but to ask for the appointment. It sucks, yeah, but if you keep delaying you'll never go through with it.
>>
>>6864678
you (or your health insurance) pay them to listen to you so keep that in mind when you feel they are disrespectful, gatekeeping or stalling your progress. they will always welcome you mostly due to money, and they will usually "recommend" more sessions so they can get more money off you. just treat it like going to like a hair salon/spa whatever. if you are not satisfy, then move on to a different one.

the most important thing about therapists is confidentiality. if they blab out your stuff to others without your prior consent, they can lose credentials and can ruin their potential future client base. like who would confide sensitive stuff to a blabber mouth? so rest assured, the moment they blab your stuff, they are ruined in their profession (license, certification, reputation), and unless they are stupid, you can keep your piece of mind.
>>
Therapists are there to take your money and that's it. Most of them have deals with the other medical professionals in your town, so it's in their benefit to encourage your cross-gender feelings and they'll probably be ready and willing to recommend you to specific local doctors, endocrinologists, surgeons etc who are all lined up to happily take your cash while calling you "ma'am" with a knowing smile.
>>
>>6871468
I don't think medical professionals need to make deals. The medical field always has clients.
>>
>>6871468
Bullshit. My mother's a doctor and has over a thousand patients per a quarter. She prefers healthy patients because she only gets paid the first time they visit each quarter. She's always complaining about people visiting more than once every 3 months.

Enough with the spooks.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.