[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else worried about HIV/AIDS here? Would you kill yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: ucm451939.png (230KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ucm451939.png
230KB, 1200x1200px
Who else worried about HIV/AIDS here?
Would you kill yourself if you got HIV?
>>
i am so worried about HIV i have stayed a virgin
>>
>>6863725
It's only my biggest phobia ever.

I want to go into surgery, and I wouldn't be allowed to if I had HIV, since I could pass it on to patients. That would be my career ambitions down the drain. Not to mention, I plan on find a monogamous, long-term relationship in order to start being sexually intimate (not just because of HIV; I just like it that way), but I'm not sure what I'd do in that case. I've heard enough about people cheating and infecting their partners with HIV. Therefore, if I were infected, I'd have the double effect of this life-ruining disease and the knowledge that my partner doesn't really care about me. I'd then break up with him and be left a lonely, washed up waste with nobody who wants to actually date me (because they'd never be able to see me as anything but a slut), a reduced life-span, continuous medical checks and drug regimens, a shitty job, and no hopes of ever shaking the infection.

Condoms work but they aren't that great; 70% protection against HIV. I also don't want to have to use condoms forever with my hypothetical bf; very little says "I don't really love you" more than saying "I don't trust you enough to stop using condoms because you're probably a cheating slut". Did I mention that condoms feel like shit?
>inb4 but ribbed and ultra thin
>implying I have the money for anything more than the desensitised standard ones
My parents think a gay child is a disappointment enough, too. What would they think of one with HIV?

Also:
>No more runny fried eggs
>No more raw cookie dough
>No more grapefruit
>No more unpasteurised milk
>No more god-knows what else

I probably would just end it all if I got infected. Other people might be able to live with it, but I couldn't.
Maybe I'd just not take the drugs and isolate myself until an opportunistic infection takes hold.
>>
I had protected sex 3 weeks ago with a transexual. I payed for it. I instantly regreted it, but whats done is done. Since then I am a wreck. I keep thinking I may have been infected. I did suck her penis for a few seconds, then she rimmed my ass, then penetrated me (using a condom) for a minute maybe. After that I penetrated her (with condom) for a few minutes only. It was my first time with a trans, I really wanted to try it out. It was a mistaque. I am really affraid.
>>
It's easy enough to avoid it. Get a boyfriend or girlfriend that doesn't cheat. Statistically, most people don't cheat so you're already fine on default.
>>
File: eh.jpg (37KB, 409x395px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
37KB, 409x395px
>>6863878
You sure know how keep yourself safe, friend but what about your partner?

You won't be with him 24/7.
You won't know what he'll be doing.
What if he gets pozzed behind your back then he passes it on you without saying anything making sure you'll never be able to consume any grapefruit or raw cookie dough anymore?

Just some food for though, if you will, for you.
>>
>>6863946
That's exactly why I'm so worried about it.
Fuck. I just don't know what to do.
>I see your smug anime face
>>
>>6863922
>I payed for it.
Don't do that.

Get tested for peace of mind, but you probably didn't catch it because
A) you penetrated
B) you wore a condom
>>
>>6864007
Wait
>then penetrated me (using a condom)
Still, you're probably okay, but get tested.

I say don't pay for gay sex because you just don't know what you're getting yourself into.
>>
>>6864007
she also penetrated me using a condom. But only for a minute max. It didnt felt good so we changed position. I am ashamed for paying. I really wanted to try to know how it feels like. At least I know its not for me. Too bad I wasnt thinking clearly when I went to meet her.
>>
File: cha.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
cha.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>6864030
>he pays for sex when he could have it for free (with me)
L M A O
>>
>>6863878
Condoms are 98-99% effective if you know how to properly use them
>>
>>6864018
You are right. It was a bad decision. I m worried because I did a bj to her. I mean, not really a blowjob, she didnt cumm in my mouth or anything, I did it for a few seconds, maybe a minute. ...Why are men so stupid sometimes... I m shaking right now just by thinking about the possible consequences..
>>
>>6864055
That stat came from a test under lab conditions that only counted condom failure in the case of microtears or condom breakage. It didn't account for other forms of condom failure.
Also, since I plan on having sex with future bf more than 100 times, that means that (statistically) it would fail at least once, maybe even more, if we did everything correctly.

Also, it still doesn't make the only affordable ones feel like utter shit and make you seem distrusting if you've been together for several years or more. How can you feel anything through a thick wall of latex?
>>
>>6864085
only advice I can give to you is: try findig someone who is a christian. Most of them are monogamous.
>>
>>6864085
Try different materials. Polyurethane condoms are supposed to have better heat transfer properties and synthetic polyisoprene condoms are generally thinner since they're stronger than latex
>>
>>6864096
I can't stand religious people, though. I'd want someone who doesn't want to cheat on me because they like me, not because they have some delusional belief that tells them they shouldn't.
Plus, plenty of them are still polygamous.
Just... I'm done with this fucking virus. I'm going to destroy it; I don't give a fuck how long it takes or how hard it may be to do so. I want it gone forever.
>>
>>6864110
Oh; they're quite cheap, too.
Thanks pham. Doesn't fix all of the problems, but it'll get me through the first sexually active period of a monogamous relationship, at least.
>>
Why no grapefruit?
Also bareback is more fun
>get a bf, get tested together, life ur life without condoms
>>
>>6864170
>Why no grapefruit?
Lots of HIV ARVs react badly with grapefruit, causing nausea, etc.
A large portion of them cause a fatal reaction.
>Also bareback is more fun
I've never tried sex, but you're saying this as if we don't already know this.

>>get a bf, get tested together, life ur life without condoms
That's how I want it to go, but I'm scared it'll end up as follows
>get a bf
>get tested together
>live our lives without condoms
>bf is secretly a slut
>bf cheats on me
>bf gets poz
>bf pozzes me
>break up with bf and die painfully
>>
Not worried since I'm a five year relationship. Okay happy.
>>
I'm going to start offering every guy I fuck to drink some grapefruit juice in front me, it's like the ultimate turing test to see if they're poz degenerate "undetectables" masquerading as neg
>>
>tfw no vaccine for HIV found yet.
>>
>>6863946
If I got pozzed by a bf in a monogamous relationship I think I'd be quite likely to murder him and bury him somewhere out in the back country. Wouldn't feel bad about it either.
>>
I'm circumcised so I can't get HIV.
>>
>>6864113
Reeeeeeeeeeee
Shut up you picky person and find yourself a religious BF. Religion is way better than catching the bug anyway.
>>
>>6863725
i'm about to meet a stranger to have sex(via grindr), who is 25 and i'm younger...
>>
File: wallonia.png (153KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
wallonia.png
153KB, 442x341px
>>6868899
The problem with HIV is that it mutates rather quickly making it impossible for the immune system to eradicate the virus because as soon as it finishes removing the original virus there will be dozen new subspecies already that immune system doesn't recognize. It's basically evolution in overdrive and human immune system lost hard.

What IS, however, effective is stopping the virus at the various stages of infection, whether it's the budding (HIV merging with the cell surface) process inhibitors, viral enzyme inhibitors (reverse-transcriptase inhibitor) etc. These are what made up your PrEP and PEPs and must be introduced to the body quickly (< 24 hrs) otherwise HIV creates viral reservoirs that can't be fumigated.

The most promising is the research of patients (up to 16% in the Ashkenazi population) with a rare CCR5 delta mutation. CCR5 is an immune system receptor that HIV uses to enter the cell and if it's defective, the virus simply bounces off the cell, leading to no infection.

The second one is a fairly new one and it uses bacterial proto-immune system tool called CRISPR. It excises the HIV DNA out of the cell, just like that.
>HIV overcomes CRISPR gene-editing attack
And it's gone. Oops.
>>
They say 1 in 6 gay men have HIV but that's not true. That is 1 in 6 men who have sex with men, which includes straight men who do it behind their wives back. Whats more the numbers change based on the race of the person. 1 in 2 black gay men have HIV while only 1 in 9 white gay men. So never have sex with black guys. And while most black guys don't know and do not treat their HIV infection, most white guys do. For whites only 1 in 7 don't know they have HIV. And because whites are so good about taking their medication, it basically means only 1 in 7 of whites with HIV can give you HIV. So that is 1 in 7 of 1 in 9, or 1 in 63. Then consider that HIV actually has a low transmission rate. Its about .8% for receptive anal.

There are other factors too. The majority of those with HIV are drug users, people who like to parTy. Keep in mind drug use is extremely common in the gay scene but if you avoid drug users you lower your chances even more. Next is how often are you having sex? There are gays that go to bath houses and get fucked full of cum by multiple guys several times a week.

So really just have sex with white guys who think they are negative and don't do drugs and you are pretty much good to go bare.
>>
>>6868943
Have they tried using CRISPR to attack the parts of the virus that produce the gp120 and gp41 proteins? Without those being functional, any new copies of the virus would be incapable of infecting cells.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.