[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is gender identity? How can I figure out my own gender identity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: Снимок.png (49KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Снимок.png
49KB, 300x250px
What is gender identity? How can I figure out my own gender identity?
>>
>>6852934
You start by having a discussion, which requires you to type a lot more.

Why are you asking these questions?
When did you start asking them?
Will the answers influence your life in any way?

Please go into detail.
>>
>>6852953
Honestly I think OP couldn't possibly have asked something simpler and clearer.

I second the questions. What is gender identity and how can one figure out one's gender identity?
>>
File: 1470202356280.png (633KB, 816x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470202356280.png
633KB, 816x1200px
>>6852934
Gender identity is whether you feel more like a boy, or more like a girl (or more like a special snowflake genderfluid nonbinary demisexual planetkin)

To figure it out, all you need to do is ask yourself: "which pronouns do I prefer to be referred to with?" if it's he/him you're a boy, if it's she/her you're a girl (if it's something else you're the other thing)
>>
>>6855701
>the other thing
>>/pol/
you missed your mark, friendo
>>
>>6855813
>/pol/
>believing in gender identity in the first place
>>
>>6855701
What if you want she her but you're a boy
>>
>>6855632
No, I do believe that OP is asking a very complicated question about exploring an important dimension of self and neglecting to provide any self to apply the question to, whether due to a personal inability to introspect, or an attempt to throw out random, ill-conceived "gotcha"s for any answer. If this thread is still up by tomorrow, I'll shill a book teaching this subject, since I'd rather save myself thousands of words of uncompensated educational academic writing given they've already been written.
>>
>>6856063
If you want she/her and you identify as a boy, you're just being difficult for no reason tbqh
>>
>>6856198
I don't identify as anything though. It's not a choice
>>
>>6856241
Obviously you do identify as a boy since you just identified yourself to me that way moments ago. >>6856063
>>
>>6856265
No that's just an objective fact, I have nothing to do with it
>>
>>6856265
Sounds like what they're saying is
>AMAB
>dysphoric about male pronouns
>not dysphoric about anything else
>>
I'd rather something gender neutral but explaining this to people without coming off as a tumblrite is not possible, but I'm more comfortable with the baggage of female pronouns than male ones. That said dude, man and bro used in a colloquial sense is fine, I refer to my sisters and female friends as such because I was raised a Chad
>>
>>6856284
So you call yourself a boy because that's "fact" but don't identify as a boy.

You prefer female pronouns, but you don't identify as a girl either.

I figured it out! your gender is "annoying cunt"
>>
>>6856303
>call yourself a boy ... but don't identify as a boy
jesus I can't believe I even typed that out without my brain imploding

it's getting pretty tumblr in here
>>
>>6856303
I wish I were a girl but my wishes don't override reality

>>6856290
No. I'm not really that dysphoric over pronouns, at least nowhere near body. Pronouns would just serve as proxy to determine my passability.

>>6856311
I'm pretty anti-tumblr tyvm
>>
>>6852934
You're a girl now
good luck
>>
>>6856345
Wait, if you have bad body dysphoria why are you even asking
this isn't THAT complicated OP
>>
>>6856345
>I wish I were a girl
Once again you are identifying yourself as a boy.

Make up your mind. Identify as one or the other.
>>
>>6856368
Sorry, not op.
Because I don't understand the concept of identity when I don't feel like anything. Dysphoria has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>6856375
No, I'm not. You are acting like I have a choice about facts and conflating identity with them
>>
>>6856380
Well maybe you just don't feel like anything because you're not comfortable with the idea of being trans but you're also completely unattached to being masculine
>>
What is the the minimum age for make us questions about this?, my 16 year-old nephew says that he feels like a female and I don't know what to tell him
>>
>>6856392
You seem to be conflating gender identity with biological sex.

You prefer female pronouns, calling yourself a boy is therefore very confusing.
>>
>>6856432
No in fact I'm leaving them separate...
>>
>>6856395
I see. I'm fine with ignoring it but people bring it up all the time as if it makes sense but it just makes me confused
>>
>>6856449
Identifying yourself as a boy because it's "fact", despite wanting girl pronouns?

doesn't seem like keeping them separate to me.
>>
>>6856460
How? It's exactly keeping them separate. I don't have a gender identity but my biological sex is male. Claiming that I identify as male because I am male is pushing them together. I don't understand how "gender identity" works
>>
>>6856476
>"I don't have a gender identity"
>prefers female pronouns, complain of body dysphoria
okay whatever, you're an annoying cunt

don't call yourself a boy (or a girl) if you don't want to be misunderstood this way
>>
>>6852934
Just meme it up to appear unique.
>>
>>6852934
I'm Ferndale, born female, will die female.

Most of my hobbies and interests can be described as masculine. I love science (chemistry, physics, physiology) and weight lifting and rough housing and banter. I also love animation, drawing, crystalline structures, male fashion, and women (these are the more ambiguous ones).

I don't get along with very feminine or bitchy women, but I do get along with most men easily.

I don't give a fuck about gender identity. It serves no purpose. What would I gain from questioning it? I like what I like and I'll continue to like it. Some people may say I act like I'm trans, but why should their opinions matter?

I'll do what I enjoy and I'll take care of this body until I die.
>>
>>6856534
I don't understand.
The fact of me being male is basically the entire cause of my having dysphoria... If I were a girl I wouldn't have any
>>
>>6856063
Then you don't know English very well
>>
>>6856900
So all trannies don't know English very well?
>>
OP is here. My problem is the same as described here:
>>6856241
>>6856284
>>6856380
I have body dysphoria but I don't identify as a female despite taking female hormones. And I don't identify as a male as well because I feel completely disconnected from my assigned gender. I have no I idea how gender identity is supposed to feel like.
>>
>>6852934
>What is gender identity?
What you feel your sex should be.

>How can I figure out my own gender identity?
How do you figure out your sexuality? Or how do you figure out you're in pain?
You notice it very easily.
>>
>>6858895
ok the first part is the first time it has ever made sense to me (if you meant like "should have been"), but the second where you think all of this is just obvious and self-evident you completely lost me
>>
>>6861653
https://www.amazon.com/You-Your-Gender-Identity-Discovery/dp/0997455217
As promised, here's a book.
>>
>>6856423
Okay, seems that lie doesn't work on this site, I wasn't talking about my nephew, I was talking about me, I don't say anything insured because in adolescence one is full of hormonal changes and makes it harder to make the people believe the truth about your thoughts, it would seems that I just want some attention, please don't put me a ban, I just looking for a safe guidance with the safeness of the anonymity before take important decisions in mi life, please, can you help me?
>>
File: 1473031755866.jpg (183KB, 1260x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1473031755866.jpg
183KB, 1260x1024px
>>6861997
What makes you think you are a girl?
>>
>>6857484
It doesn't really matter, practically, what your gender identity "is" if you're this confused about it. What you need to determine is which gender you will feel most comfortable living as in society--male or female. If you want to keep taking hormones but don't mind if people call you a guy, go with male, or at least whatever gender it's easiest to pass as. You can consider yourself neither male or female to yourself if that's what makes you most comfortable, but you're gonna need to pick one to use in the real world.
>>
>>6856345
You're a girl suffering from internalized transphobia and/or insecurity.
>>
>>6862024
I think I would feel a lot better as a girl, first, I would like too much to have her body attributes (mostly with the tits, since i was 11, I swear) something I hid it to me by the fear, the social interactions are different, I like to be more reserved and quiet, a man can have problems with this choice because is almost obligatory to him search a couple to not be alone, a women can have several suitors so I would be more calm in that affair, another details is that a girl use to be more "delicate" than a man, so a girl in her life use ti have a lot less fights than a man, the men can be violent in their relations and jokes because is the mode they interact, I don't like any of this things, I like to be more open about my feelings, I like to be sweet and I like to would have the possibility of make a really close friendship with someone, and I would like to have the possibility of show that I'm not emotionally strong (please don't confuse me, I'm not saying that the women aren't strong, I just see that if I man isn't emotionally strong can be more judged than a woman)
>>
>>6862461
Sounds to me like a guy that just fits better into the female gender role (passivity, gentleness, emotionality, etc.). It's okay to be a feminine guy, though I'm sure at your age you take plenty of shit for it. Guys generally get better about not turning everything into a hierarchy struggle/dickwaving match when they get older; teenagers are still trying to find their place and feel insecure in themselves, so they turn on the odd guy out.
>>
>>6861653
It's easy to know what you want.
>>
>>6862544
no, it isn't
>>
>>6862544
>>6862576

It's almost like having full-blown dysphoria would be easier in some ways. I fucking hate yo-yo'ing from "I feel okay" to "Lord kill the pain".
>>
>>6866314
I mean, having extreme dysphoria would be shit house but at least you could be sure
>>
>>6852934
There is no such thing as gender identity. There is only gender.
>>
>>6852934
>pull down pants
>look at genitals
>answer reveals itself
>>
File: Genderbread-2_1.jpg (179KB, 1023x662px) Image search: [Google]
Genderbread-2_1.jpg
179KB, 1023x662px
>>6852934
>>
>>6870856
tell that to someone with klinefelter's syndrome
>>
>>6870924
Klinefelters isn't a severe intersex condition...
>>
File: this is bullshit.png (471KB, 1023x662px) Image search: [Google]
this is bullshit.png
471KB, 1023x662px
>>6870912
gender is binary
gender is not at all a spectrum
get this trender shit out of my face
i tried anyway tho
>>
File: 1473202671465.jpg (347KB, 992x706px) Image search: [Google]
1473202671465.jpg
347KB, 992x706px
>>6873482
even conservative types agree gender is a spectrum
>>
>>6873512
that's gender presentation
tumblr kids confirmed for having no idea what neurological sex/'gender' is
>>
>>6873527
confirmed for arguing a completely different point

this anon >>6873512 is pointing out that there are is a lot of variance in men and same in women. The "spectrum" idea is not debating your -BIOLOGICAL SEX- but your -OUTWARD EXPRESSION OF IT-.
>>
>>6873948
'gender' is neurological sex, 'sex' is physiological sex
gender PRESENTATION is a spectrum, but neurological sex is not
you can present 'masculine of centre' but you cannot be 'male of centre' instead of being actually male
>>
>>6873961
what the fuck are you even trying to say

seems you want an argument more than any progress
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.