[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LGBT Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

What do you guys think of the increase in lgbt characters in media, especially children's media? Also, discuss lgbt characters.

Pic unrelated. I just ship it.
>>
File: 1415776189274.png (271KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1415776189274.png
271KB, 512x384px
I just wish it were done more convincingly instead of "gay couple that acts exactly like a straight couple does."

Smithers from the Simpsons was one of the best gay characters because he actually had a gay life.
>>
>>6852777

...Isn't that true? Or do you mean gender role wise?
>>
>>6852805
They should lead gay lifestyle, not acting like breeder-wannabes.
>>
>>6852822
>unironically uses the term "breeders" for heterosexual couples
Wow, man... that's hard.
No hetero!
>>
File: 1448415722425.png (600KB, 834x550px) Image search: [Google]
1448415722425.png
600KB, 834x550px
>>6852822

>not wanting a normal, happy relationship with your husband
>a nice picket fence and a cute lawn
>2 kids tops
>growing old together
>>
>>6852703
>>6852703
>What do you guys think of the increase in lgbt characters in media, especially children's media?

They are trying to do with LGBT what they have done with the negroes in the past. Trying to portray them as respectable and functional members of society. Hoping to reduce discrimination, and that with less discrimination, the blacks would move socially upwards.

Neither of them happened to the extend they hoped.
>>
The Sims 4 recently updated so that you can essentially make trans characters now. Still no toddlers though.
>>
>>6852703
>lgbt characters
>in childrens media

I puked a little. Keep your politics away from children.
>>
>>6854188
Fact: straight people are the #1 cause of homosexuals.
>>
>>6852703

pretty nice desu, at least from my perspective as a queer it's nice to see people like you represented in media

>>6854188
how is lgbt political at all? you wouldn't say heterosexuality is politicized, so i don't see how alternate sexualities are either
>>
>>6852703
>What do you guys think of the increase in lgbt characters in media, especially children's media?
*vomits extensively*

>>6852879
>Trying to portray them as respectable and functional members of society. Hoping to reduce discrimination, and that with less discrimination, the blacks would move socially upwards.
>movies doing anything for a reason other than making money
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>6854188
I don't see how it's any different from exposing children to heterosexual concepts.

>>6854413
Yes movies are for making money, but many people in their industry have their own ideas - either to promote social change, or just to make a movie they'd like to see. Money is always a factor, but for many movies it's not the ONLY factor.
>>
I am surprised the UK is the one censoring all the gayness in cartoons nowadays. I always heard America was the more prudish country of the two yet we're the one with the gay characters.
>>
>>6854441
>Yes movies are for making money, but many people in their industry have their own ideas - either to promote social change

No, literally no. Everything exists to be marketed. Pandering to lgbt is just another marketing scheme absorbed by the machine known as capitalism. "Representation" and "inclusion" are brands to be consumed.

Money is the only factor in the majority of consumable digital art.
>>
>>6854441
>Money is always a factor, but for many movies it's not the ONLY factor.
Literally nobody outside the lgbt community actually cares about lgbt issues aside from the marketing aspect.
>>
>>6854466
No, you are wrong. As far as getting investment goes, then yes, it is about money, no one's going to fund a movie that doesn't give a return on investment. But the movie industry isn't literally all about "how do we make a movie that will make the most money" - that's just part of the picture. Some movies are just done to make money, but that's not true of ALL movies.

>>6854587
And what about movies made or written by LGBT people?

>>6854459
UK from what I've heard is pretty bad with censorship - America's "thing" is that we're perfectly okay with blood and gore on TV, but freak out if a woman shows her boobs on screen, even if there's nothing sexual about the context.
>>
>>6854649
>movies made or written by LGBT people?
>nobody outside the lgbt community
They're still part of the community, whether they want it to or not.
Guilt by association.

Also just in case
>what about movies for lgbt people
literally marketing too.
>>
Is Ruka from Steins Gate trans or not? I know little about the game but always heard she was mtf. Alas many fans say she's a gay boy who wants to be female.
>>
/co/ likes getting butthurt over anything vaguely lgbt in comics and cartoons. I don't know how /tv/ and /v/ are but I know /a/ is pretty lax. They whine about fujoshi and yuri fangirls rather than the actual content.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.