[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I missing out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: kimber and stormer.jpg (439KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
kimber and stormer.jpg
439KB, 1280x1811px
Aro-ace here. Am I missing out by not being able to fall in love?

Everything feels like it's about romance. Every song revolves around romance, every movie has romance in it, everyone talks about romance... It's like our entire being is themed about romance. In a way, I suppose our main biological goal is to have children so maybe it's true.

Is romance really "superior" to friendship? Is it truly impossible to bond with someone platonically like you can with your lover? Family relationships are incomparable to romance but what about non-familial bonds? What makes romantic relationships so special?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1s2NFOGyg
>>
File: 1373785589181.jpg (244KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1373785589181.jpg
244KB, 500x667px
>>6848842
Romance isn't the same for everyone. Just look at all the variations in love songs. Even a single artist can have love songs that describe extremely different relationships/romances.

Personally, I've only been "in love" three times and all three times have been really unpleasant. I was unable to speak to them coherently, I had trouble maintaining eye contact, and being in their vicinity made it hard to think. None of those feelings went anywhere; all the girls were straight and/or taken, not that I would have had the nerve to ask them out. I would not recommend it.

Movies and songs feature unrealistic depiction of romance. The relationships in them are too perfect. A lot of love and feelings go unrequited.

Are you "missing out"? Maybe. If you're talking about the perfect, wonderful romances seen in movies and songs, then most of us are "missing out".

I don't think romance is comparable to friendship. None of my friendships have made me so uncomfortable and unhappy. Maybe it's amazing when romances work out, perhaps someone who has had good relationships can chime in.
>>
There are literally millions of facets of the human experience and existence that you have no idea of and thus will miss out on. That's true for every human that has ever lived.

If you don't care for something, don't waste your precious time worrying about it. Find out what you like and focus on that, you're wasting energy worrying about nothing.
>>
Aro-ace? Yeah. Yeah I'd say your missing out on quite a lot.
>>
I want a close friendship where we can be roommates, cuddle, hold hands, watch movies, hang out, and talk about anything. That's hard to create though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.