[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cis people here, how would you react if your son or daughter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

File: 1458272111407.png (217KB, 874x914px) Image search: [Google]
1458272111407.png
217KB, 874x914px
Cis people here, how would you react if your son or daughter came out as trans? Would you support them? why or why not?
>>
Tranny people here
Let my people go!
>>
>>6847945
I would rather my child be gay or trans than a furry
>>
>>>/I/wouldntcare
>>
File: 2015.jpg (1KB, 71x75px) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
1KB, 71x75px
>>6847945
>having a child, ever
>>
>>6847988
lol, I have to agree, gays and furries can be normal people, but furries are never normal people.

t. furry trash
>>
>>6848014
Er, meant to say gays and trans lol

Truly I am human garbage
>>
Likely. After all, their "mother" would be trans too.
>>
>>6847945
>how would you react if your son or daughter came out as trans?
Console, respect, and support them.

Would you support them?
Yeah. Of course.

why?
Because my children should feel safe and loved exploring their own emerging identity, gender and otherwise.
>>
>>6847945
Of course. Only garbage people throw their children out over something as meaningless as the way they want to present themselves.

No way they're changing their name, though. Once I decide on a name, I plan on giving my future child, whatever their sex/gender may be, that name, so they'll have no excuse to change it.
>>
>>6848223
i hope you give them a unisex name
>>
>>6847945
I'd fuck them in the ass. They're already mentally ill and not fit for society. I might as well make them daddy's cock sleeve and give their broken minds some measure of love.
>>
>>6847945
Of course. If my son claimed he wanted to be a woman, I would immediately get him the psychological and spiritual help he needs to be better. His head would be buzzed every week, his privacy privileges would be removed as well as Internet and television. I would help him engage in manly activities like lifting weights, and at around 16 I would give him testosterone injections myself.
>>
>>6848290
When I was in high school there was a girl named Ryan because she was named after one of her father's brothers who killed himself.
>>
>>6848290
my brother is literally named bro
>>
File: tumblr_nflw1m7BrN1u2zf7io6_500.jpg (177KB, 400x677px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nflw1m7BrN1u2zf7io6_500.jpg
177KB, 400x677px
Well of course I would. My child is my child and no matter what they wwnted to be I'd do my best encourage them and help them find happiness. If my son was gay I'd want him to be excited about bringimg home a boyfriend for the holidays or if they were trans I'd be there helping them get their hormones and driving them therapy appointments. If I have a child I'm going to be giving them all the support they need. If you're going to bring another life into this world it's your responsibility to help them as much as you reasonably can.
>>
>>6848290
I was thinking ancient Latin masculine, again regardless of gender.
I doubt anybody would be able to tell if a name like "Octavian" or "Agrippa" is masculine, though. Octavia and Agrippina just sound so stupid imo.
>>
File: tumblr_oc6hb4CLay1qimexqo2_400.png (169KB, 278x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc6hb4CLay1qimexqo2_400.png
169KB, 278x284px
>mfw the majority of these replies
when did this board get so non shitty
>>
Of course I'd love and support them 100%. This thread did get me thinking about parenthood, though. I'm a cis gay who definitely wants kids. I was wondering for LGT parents, do they feel pressured to raise cis het children because if they don't, people will be like, "oh, they must have pressured those poor kids into it."
>>
>>6849446
I never thought about that...

If people said that to me, I'd kindly tell them to fuck off back to their dysfunctional households and failed marriages and point out how obvious it is that they need to attack my secure, tight-knit family unit to feel better about their sad excuse for one.
>>
>>6847945
straight cis here
would support
>>
>>6849487
Why are you here?
Do you have a trans gf or something?
>>
Straight cis here.

Wouldn't support in 1,000,000 years. Gender Identity Disorder is a mental illness and isn't being treated properly by modern society.
>>
File: PeridotBeingKawaiiAndNervous.png (58KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
PeridotBeingKawaiiAndNervous.png
58KB, 250x246px
>>6849487
>>6849493
>Two straight cis posters on /lgbt/ post entirely opposing opinions one after another on the same thread.
Something's going on here.
>>
>>6849491
nope
>>
>>6849491
>>6849503
period
dot
>>
>>6847945
>how would you react

I'd value the family dog more
>>
Normal white dude here
Would disown them immediately.Gay is okay but trans is retarded
>>
>>6849503
I'm also a straight cis manly man
>>
>>6849645
This thread has been taken over.
Evacuate!
>>
File: asdfdsaffadssafd.jpg (10KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
asdfdsaffadssafd.jpg
10KB, 237x213px
>>6849446
>tfw you and your parents will never share the knowledge of being an l, g, b, or t
>they could never have prepared you for the struggle of living in a heteronormative society
>they weren't able to correctly answer your questions about whether a girl could "become" a boy (or vice versa) as a small child
>ywn hear stories about what it was like to transition in the past or about the oppression they faced
>ywn really be able to relate to either of them about something as basic as romantic attracition

abstract-kind-of-feel.png
>>
File: pepe.jpg (212KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
212KB, 800x522px
>ywn have a child
>>
>>6849659
Dumbass SU poster
>>
>>6847945
>having a child
Dear god please no. Being an uncle is more than enough of that for me.
If one of my nieces or nephews was trans I would support them because there is literally no justifiable reason to do otherwise.
>>
File: 1440334739322.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440334739322.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>6849659
I'm none of them but also straight, I just came here to see what the board is like

Ive seen a lot more /pol/ tier posts than I expected
>>
I would be somewhat doubtful at first and if things persisted I would support them.

I don't believe quite a few of the newly trans people because I feel like they only want to stand out. But those who do feel as if they are the wrong sex do need support.
>>
no

it is a mental illness, so they'd go to see a shrink and get medication

would never pay for hormones/dickchopping
>>
>>6850722
And if their shrink gives them hormones?
>>
>>6850664
today was actually more mild than usual on the /pol/ scale, i thought
>>
>>6850728
obviously i'd have them go to a real shrink and not a liberal hack
>>
File: 1473023154236.jpg (948KB, 2301x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1473023154236.jpg
948KB, 2301x3240px
>>6847945
What's the legality of raising your kids up on HRT and puberty-blockers without a diagnoses by a doctor? serious question.
>>
>>6848004

THIS!! The best think about being a homo is--don't have to worry about accidental pregnancy and, so far, no societal pressure to spawn!
>>
>>6848223
And if they change their name as they have the liberty to, what would you do then? Weep and cry at their right to do so? Shake your fist at the sky for being unable to brand them for life?
>>6850740
One that teaches them how to cope and accept, or a useless piece of shit who gives them a chemical lobotomy?
>>
>>6850745

Probably perfectly legal, just like those crazies who don't vaccinate their kids. In the eyes of the law, most of the time a child is considered "property" of the parents (except when it comes to abuse), unless the 'offense' egregious as to cause the kid to be removed from the home.
>>
>>6850756
Messing with a child's endocrine system is a pretty substantial offense and a great way to get CPS to take them away.
>>
>>6850754
one that understands that gender dysphoria is a mental illness and will provide therapy/medication/whatever that will prevent self-mutilation
>>
>>6850768
So a useless piece of shit who will give them a chemical lobotomy. Bad news for you, most have antiandrogenic properties. Too bad...
>>
>>6850775
so hormones/genital mutilation = acceptable but antidepressants/antipsychotics = "chemical lobotomy"?
>>
File: 1473023584071.jpg (152KB, 1030x996px) Image search: [Google]
1473023584071.jpg
152KB, 1030x996px
>>6850756
if I were to have kids (i don't want to and I'm not going to) I want to raise them to be androgynous/femmy (should it be a boy) or masc (if it were a girl). Not a full blown transition. But I don't know if """forcibly""" changing their physical appearance like that would be considered abuse or not.
>>
>>6850784
They're both wrong. How about some coping therapies like DBT?
>>
>>6850784
HRT is part of the "therapy/medication/whatever"
>>
>>6850792
pretty sure i mentioned therapy

>>6850794
HRT falls under "self-mutilation"
>>
>>6850784
Pretty much.

Transition leads to legitimate happiness.

Pumping you full of antidepressants till the day you die, keeping you numb but vaguely productive is clearly disgusting an unconscionable.
>>
>>6850735
Huh. I suppose it just means that you'll see these views wherever you go and sexuality doesnt instantly mean it cant happen.

Of course a lot of it is clearly crossboarders like >>6850740
>>
>>6850806
>Transition leads to legitimate happiness.

-t. All The Post-Op Trannies Who Commit Suicide

>>6850813
god forbid a homosexual comment on an "lgbt" board

love how 90% of the top threads at any given time is just whiny tranny shit
>>
>>6847945
Yeah, I'd support them. I'd even support early transitioning so they could (maybe) have a relatively normal adulthood.
>>
>>6850851
I would support them but depending on their age. If they're 18 and they come out as trans I'd be happy to help. But if they were 12, I would get them a shrink.
>>
>>6849545
Well yeah but dogs >>>>>>> kids cis or trans
>>
>>6850834
Oh yeah, I just remembered those threads on /qa/ about how trans people should split from /lgbt/
>>
Well my fiancee is a transwoman so why the fuck not? It'd be wrong not to cautiously support my kid. It's a big deal to do it right and I don't want my kid killing herself from giving herself testosterone, nor do i want my son castrated for no reason, nor do i want a drug addicted disowned tranny.
>>
>>6849185
or you could go for something like 'Max' or 'Sam' or 'Kim'
>but in my country they'd need a second name to identify their sex
>but even this could be made neutral like 'Maria'
>a lot of guys are named Maria
>>
>>6850874
a shrink to get them on puberty blockers and later on hrt if the case seems to genuine, i hope?
>>
>>6850761
you can cut off half of your son's penis without any trouble so i'd say you'd be fine
>>
>>6850787
Why not let your kids be themselves instead of forcing them them to defy gender roles just to satiate your political dogma?
>>
I don't think I'd take it that well but I certainly wouldn't throw them out or anything, only trash people do that. I would support them within reason.

I'd let them dress how they want but only allow them to transition once they're legally an adult, (At which point I wouldn't really be allowing them) and they've seen a doctor and everything so I'm sure and they're sure it's the best thing for them.
>>
Don't think I'd go out of my way to be supportive while they were young, but I wouldn't try to "correct" them. Assure them that I love them and let them figure themselves out, maybe it's a phase, maybe not.
>>
I would wonder how to find out if they are a transtrender or transexual, without alienating them. I think if they are really transexual and I didn't notice anything I should pay more attention to my child.
>>
I'm a TERF so if they didn't have sex dysphoria I'd slap them upside the haid for falling for patriarchal sex stereotypes and if they did have dysphoria I'd see it like anorexia and try to persuade them to come to terms with their body but if it didn't work and transitioning seemed a better option I guess I'd support it.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.