[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living as Genderqueer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Sailor_Uranus_Haruka_Tenou_329.jpg (43KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
Sailor_Uranus_Haruka_Tenou_329.jpg
43KB, 640x447px
I realized years ago that I am nonbinary but have been closeted about it. It's annoying and dysphoric though. After I finish college I want to transition... But I don't know how. I could eithet do my ideal and live as nonbinary or do my second option and pretend to be male.

Is it a reasonable idea to live as gender neutral in modern day America or is it something that wouldn't work? I don't ever tell people my pronouns are "they/them" because I am embarrassed that they'll think poorly or me or just ignore my pronouns. It just feels like I'd be the weird one out if I tried to openly be neutral. It's too much for me. I don't like being the center of attention or being judged. Realistically I should just transition to male and probably only reveal to my closest peers my actual gender.

Pic unrelated. I just dig Haruka. She's cool.
>>
Now is the hayday of being a faggot in America. You'll have no problem pushing your delusions on other people in this day and age.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 1024x764px
>>6847180
Just be a femboy if you're stil andro enough. Black market hrt will keep and enhance your looks further
>>
Wait I'm confused - are you afab or amab? Excuse my bad reading comprehension.

There's nothing wrong with being nonbinary as long as you're not one of those Tumblr freaks wanting to be called "xe". Just curious what kind of dysphoria you have? If it's just top dysphoria then simply being an androgynous male or female would probably make your life a lot easier. Gender is flexible, remember. You don't have to fit stereotypes.
>>
>>6847438

DFAB. I don't like "xe'. I've thought of maybe using "Mx" instead of Mr/Mrs but that's mostly because I like the ring of it. I have little issue using "Mr" if I must.
>>
>>6847523
> I've thought of maybe using "Mx" instead of Mr/Mrs

Don't. That's just as cringey as nounself pronouns. Pick Mr or Mrs depending on whether you lean more masculine or feminine.

Not many people are going to call you that except kids anyway.
>>
>>6847546

I don't care about the "cringe" factor, just what feels right. It's a shame we don't have a neutral honorific already.
>>
>>6847180
Pronouns don't matter, none of that matters. The worst possible thing you can do is demand everybody around you warp to your perspective and constantly affirm your self-image lest they be labeled assholes. Don't pull any of that 'secret gender' bullshit where you pretend like you're struggling in some imaginary closet either, you're not. Stuff like that leeches out insecurity and immaturity.

You're a woman, but beyond biological necessity you get to define what that means.
>>
>>6848871
Just get a doctorate
>>
>>6847438
>Wait I'm confused - are you afab or amab?

Here's a tip: if you hear someone label themselves as genderqueer, it's almost always going to be a white woman who doesn't conform to every standard and practice people expect of women and she thinks this makes her somehow different from everyone.
>>
>>6851514
Now that i think about it, ive never seen a male nonbinary person
>>
>>6851551
I have. Weird 19 year old Jewish guy with a jewfro mohawk dyed pink, no other real effort to pass.
>>
>>6851551
Part of the problem with being amab and non-binary is you gotta go all the way. Any experimentation with gender is viewed as a lot worse when it's someone perceived as male.
Someone perceived as female can do all sorts of masculine things with little to no backlash. Even being butch as fuck will generally only get you looks and comments, while a male being equally femme can easily get you physically assaulted or even killed.
There's no comfortable middle point, so it's better to just go full out mtf. I have a feeling that if masculinity in females was punished the same way, you'd see a lot of these afab non-binary types just go full out ftm too.
>>
>>6851577
>while a male being equally femme can easily get you physically assaulted or even killed.
What third-world country do you live in where people frequently lynch guys with pixie cuts or tweezed eyebrows? Holy shit, go outside for once.
Realistic worst case scenario, a stranger will sneer at you and call you a faggot.
>>
>>6851610
Not OP but damn boy it's not my fault that I can't leave this country.
>>
>>6851551

I have. They're rare but I have. I don't know if there's a biological reason or if they're just more likely to be closeted than FAAB nonbinary people.
>>
At some point you will grow up and have a personal and professional identity that does not revolve around your gonads, and we will all be much happier for it.

PROTIP: 95% of the people you will come across as a functional adult do not and do not want to give a single flying fuck about your gender identity and if they do, there isa 95% chance you made them do it by being a douchebag, and they resent for it.

the other 5% are random chance and assholes, but that really has nothing to do with your gender.
>>
>>6848871
Get ordained. Make everyone call you Reverend.
>>
>>6852756

Eh, dysphoria doesn't work like that for trans people.
>>
>>6852788

literally nobody gives a shit. I just went shopping and walked by a fat bull dyke on her smoke break. Did I stop for a single second to wonder if she identifies as masculine or has dsyphoria about her massive titties, or how often she thinks about jamming her fist up the juicy twat of the teen aged mixed race cashier that checked me out? Did I wonder if she's actually bi or straight even though she's got a marine #2 and enough gel in her hair to hold up a battleship and if maybe she lets the other stockboys take a turn in her anus in the loading dock when she gets bored at work?

Do I even give a shit if the cashier feels flattered by that or if she's "nonbinary" herself or even browses tumblr?

No I did not, I don't give a single solitary asscrack of a fuck.
>>
>>6853033
apparently you did.
>>
>>6851514

I'm actually black and don't care for gender roles at all. I wanted to be a butch woman for a while but it's not true to me. I can't stand being female 85% of the time.
>>
I've been living as out for about 2 years (over a year and a half on T) and It's been the best decision I've made.
>nobody gives a shit
I live in a conservative city, but nearly everyone that I interact with is cool with it and uses they/them pronouns for me.
When I go out I tend to lean to pass on one side or the other if possible. That just cuts down on my worries
>>
I want to go on low T some day but I have a nagging anxiety I will regret it. I am naturally a worry wart so this anxiety is likely unfounded but I am still scared. Testosterone isn't like estrogen. It's hard to reverse the effects.
>>
>>6854137
if you start with a 1% gel at about 2.5g you can take the effects slowly.
The fat distribution and muscle development will shift at that dose by enough for you to see what it's like and that's easily reversed. Facial hair and body hair will take its time and the voice may not fully drop if it does.
A lot of it depends on genetics, so a low enough starting dose will let you see if there are any risks to you in particular.
>>
>>6852756
Gender is a huge deal in the professional/adult world, even if your job has nothing to do with it, people still make a big deal about gender because it affects who you date. Not to mention that a lot of forms require you to put your gender on it, and we're only now just starting to see options beyond male and female. If you're androgynous and intentionally avoid disclosing your gender, you are going to stand out.
>>
>>6853033

>topkek
>>
Unrelated but Sailor Moon ftw
>>
>>6851551
Mostly because testosterone is destructive and has a single outcome - masculinity. Being AFAB usually leaves you more androgynous at minimum and allows you to cultivate a gender-neutral look in most cases, whereas being AMAB means you're always going to look like a man unless you started out as a twink anyway. Plus, society drops the hammer hard on AMABs in general - there's very much pressure to conform to masculinity or be treated as completely worthless. Honestly, I'm insanely jealous of my AFAB genderqueer friends because they can get away with experimentation in a way that I never could. I step out of my current gender presentation and I'll be treated like a leper.
>>
>>6851551
I am a male nonbinary person

It's called a femboy.
>>
>>6859637

Untrue. Most femboys and effeminate men are perfectly okay with their gender. Some may feel dysmorphia to the point where they want estrogen, but they're not dysphoric.
>>
File: image.png (168KB, 626x730px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168KB, 626x730px
>>6851551
A lot of Rupaul drag race's contestants have been amab nonbinary.
>>
Can a nonbinary person ever be non-dysphoric? Suddenly I'm feeling really crappy and dysphoric today. It made me start thinking about how I can fix this... I don't think it's fixable. If you go on hormones wouldn't you just feel dysphoric the other way around?
>>
>>6847180
a good friend of mine is agender, physiologically female. they hate tumblr with every fibre of their being and know all too well transtrenders are actively ruining their life and will do it for decades to come (given transtrenders have completely ruined the chance of nonbinary people ever getting any acceptance or accomodation). to make things even worse, they plan on being a trauma surgeon and working in third world warzones. i'm ftm, exist at the absolute extreme of dysphoria well past where most people would have killed themselves years ago, and i would not trade to get their milder dysphoria but their situation ever.
>>
>>6864064
I'm pretty much where I want to be now. I took T until I started getting phosphoric the other way, then stopped and enjoyed androgyny. I may have to cycle T again if E becomes too dominant, but it's been two years since I stopped and I'm still happy. Although I think I'm more comfortable with my female body more then I was before taking t so I don't anticipate doing it again.
>>
>always thought I was aromantic
>starting to wonder if I'm not
>maybe the problem is I don't want to be someone's boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife

Ugh.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.