[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has a guy ever given you gifts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (11KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 298x169px
like flowers and nice stuff
>>
no.
i gave my ex-boyfriend roses for our 6 month anniversary.
he acted confused and said, "you didnt actually buy these for me". so i said, "fine", and then kept them for myself.
later, after they had dried out and i had started to emotionally check out of our relationship and he was feeling clingy because he knew he was fucking it up, he suddenly wanted them, but i told him no. they're still sitting on my table.

jackass.
>>
A friend gave me a book and his old cell phone. Bfs just gave me their bodily fluids.
>>
>>6840437
Mostly flowers and video games. Wish I had the time to enjoy the latter as much as the former.
>>
>>6840451
You sound like a passive aggressive moody lil shit. No wonder your relationship was fucked after only 6months.
>>
>>6840455
lol. sure.
and how long have you been married?
>>
>>6840451
>I will back out whatever happens and I will hide the mistake while I'm angry at the person who doesn't even know why Im angry
Biggest currently existing stereotype of women performed by a man: The post
>>
File: 461.gif (88KB, 62x78px)
461.gif
88KB, 62x78px
mfw I spend more money on gifts for others than for myself because I feel like I have to validate their attention with actual things because their's no way someone likes me for who I am.

I haven't gotten anything back but they always seem genuinely happy with my gifts...
>>
>>6840465
say-what?
ok, if i even get what youre saying, and am not sure i do, i wasn't doing the "you should know why i'm mad" bullshit. i really wanted the relationship to work and i was always explaining my feelings to him as best i could. i tried my best but he just didnt give a single fuck because he was a selfish bastard who only cared about himself and only wanted to hear himself talk. he was an alcoholic and would get wasted every night and then talk for hours and the second i opened my mouth he would glaze over and wait for me to shut up so he could talk again. so fucking excuse me if i just finally gave the fuck up trying. and we still lasted a whole year after that with me putting up with his bullshit because, every now and then, he'd stop drinking long enough to be a decent person and not abuse the fuck out of me, and i just liked cuddling his useless ass so much i didnt mind the fact that we never had sex. but eventually i decided i was worth more than that, and that i deserved someone who actually cared about me for real, even if i never find them.

honestly if you think you can diagnose an entire relationship from one paragraph, i have to question if you've ever actually had one yourself.
>>
>>6840477
P R O J E C T I O N
R
O
J
E
C
T
I
O
N
>>
>>6840516
yep, you sure do
>>
>>6840476
Don't worry anon your not the only one. Used to fall for that shitty self esteem all the time. You really shouldn't do that though cause when I needed my "friends" they weren't there/didn't care. Try to find people that want to get you shit constantly so that you can gift each other all the time, that's a real friend.
>>
>>6840456
I'm not married but my boyfriend and I have 3 happy years living together.
>>
>>6840437
Yeah, a cheap little choker necklace.
I fucking loved that thing but
I broke it

And he left me
>>
>>6840437
My boyfriend and I have never bought eachother a bouquet of flowers but we've picked wild flowers and stuck 'em in eachother's hair before. We always buy eachother food and vidya though. And we usually get clothes or electronics on a birthday/holiday.
>>
>>6840477
Wow, so you're going to take 0 accountability for the failed relationship? Also, if someone ignoring your feelings is your definition of "abuse the fuck out of me" I don't think you'll ever be in a healthy relationship.
>>
I loath gifts. Which sucks because I'm from a very gift-giving culture.

But I fucking despise it so fucking much. I can taste my hatred for them. I'd rather take a punch in the face than some stupid, overpriced thing which obliges me to return the favor. And then the damn thing just sits there, reminding you constantly of the debt you now owe. A debt you didn't ask for or want, but a debt that was pushed on you against your will by some well meaning idiot. That's all it is at the end of the day. An obligation.

And then the time comes for you to pay it back. You run around trying to guess what they'd want, rewind all of your previous conversations in your mind, so that the gift isn't some random hunk of junk. After all, a gift always has to communicate something, otherwise you are considered uncaring. "Does he already own something like this?", "Is there something in this book that he might misconstrue?", "Does this match with his other furniture? Where would he even place it?"... So you run around, usually for days, not doing anything actually productive, braving rain or heat to find this stupid thing, which he probably won't even like, to unburden yourself of a burden that was unfairly placed on your back.

Why not ask him what he wants then? Well, if you do, you are coming across as lazy, unromantic, and thoughtless. Also, by asking, you are obliging yourself to find the exact thing he asked for, which is sometimes impossible to do in the time frame you have.

Fuck gifts right in their ass.
>>
>>6840437
A few things. Not really in my style, but I treasure it nonetheless as I keep it on the bedside cabinet.

I'm usually the one giving gifts because I can get hold of cool stuff people will like.
>>
my x bought me a pillow with our picture on it and a cutesie quote.
>but he left me while it was shipping... so by the time it got here....
What a jackass
>>
File: 1447721986796.png (73KB, 250x250px)
1447721986796.png
73KB, 250x250px
>>6840451
>they're still sitting on my table.
this is some master cunty shit

i love it, i bet you give the best withering glare

i just picture you all in black sitting at a kitchen table drinking some bitter black coffee with those withered dead roses
>>
my last serious bf was the first guy to ever get me a birthday present, it was a stuffed plushie of my favorite animal that came with this little letter saying one had been adopted in my name

he was like, "I wanted to get you the real thing, but they're kinda endangered and they don't allow pets in these apartments, you still have a real one in a way though, across the world"

i legit almost cried

never felt so beloved by a boy

i had only mentioned the animal like once, he was such a good listener
>>
>>6842580
oh damn, sorry it ended ;-;
>>
File: KRASINSKI-MV5BMTMyNj.jpg (98KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KRASINSKI-MV5BMTMyNj.jpg
98KB, 630x1200px
>>6842743
don't worry, I'm not at all sorry

I miss him sometimes sure, but it's not him I miss but the character he played and I have no idea how much of that was actually him and his real personality

he was lying and manipulating me from day one and working for people who wanted to torture me

turns out he's apparently a legit Satanist and a kid-fucker to boot

he may have actually loved me, but that's not why he started dating me and it was in a twisted way regardless

such a mindfuck, he was like the ultimate of my type too, pic related

oh well, it's not like there aren't plenty of hunky bearded nerds with glasses out there
>>
I'm a tranny and it wasn't a guy, but my gf bought me flowers recently and I thought it was really sweet :3
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.