[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some birth control shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I'm a ftm trans dude and I also have really bad hormone issues. I heard some shit about Birth control causing dysphoria, suicidal thoughts, and bad anxiety for those with an already fucked up mental state (aka me). I was more so prescribed this for my heavy blood blood flow though. (like, seriously, my periods last a fucking month) Can I get some confirmation about any of this information I was given???
>>
>>6835693
Birth control is hormones

It can have any number of cognitive effects. Amazing that it's taken so lightly desu
>>
>>6835693
Yes it's possible

Different pills contain different hormones, some pills have more estrogen side effects, others gestagen - you can try different ones and see what happens

If you haven't tried tranexamic acid for bleeding, that's an option too
>>
>>6835693
I know mtfs that take birth control just for the progesterone and estrogen boost. It'd be like poison for an ftm.
>>
>>6835693
FtM on birth control because painful periods and closet mode.

Depo shots fucked me up. I was a raging bitch, it didn't stop my period and made me bleed for a month straight before wearing off.

The pills are slightly better, but still suck.

In both cases I feel more suicidal, disgusting, I'm hungry as shit but trying not to eat as much because it will make you gain weight hardcore.

I'm constantly feeling dysphoric.

I skip the placebo week to prevent periods altogether because I get violently sick when a period comes around (cold symptoms and nasty rehabilitating cramps, I couldn't even get out of bed to go to the bathroom sometimes).

What nobody tells you is that if you skip placebo week sometimes there will be breakthrough blood. Or old blood. It's disgusting to see that brown clotty shit.

Hope I helped you out my man
>>
>>6836413
*debilitating cramps
not rehabilitating the fuck
>>
>>6835693
Won't T fix both of these issues?
>>
>>6835693
Be a man and tough it out you faggot.
>>
>>6835693
T stops the monthlies immediately in most cases
>>
>>6836523
this desu
you can't be a pussy if you're a man
>>
I'm ftm and I never felt more fucked up than when I was put on birth control for my periods. Grew my breasts permanently too. Incredibly not worth it, despite stopping the extremely painful periods.
If there's any way you can go on T, pursue that instead.
>>
>>6836413
Skipping periods is actually recommended for those who have period problems, but not for more than 3 months in a row, as it increases the risk of endometrial cancer

Sounds like endometriosis? NSAIDs usually help too
>>
>>6835693
>>6836413
Why no uteretomy? Just get rid of the shit that makes you bleed etc?

Serious question. As an ftm you don't need female organs anymore, right?
>>
>all this negativity

I have had no problems on BC. I take Vestura and skip placebo pills to stop periods. All it's done to me is cure my acne and my periods are very light spotting at the worst, lasting only a couple days. No weight gain, no more dysphoria than I already had.

Some BC can be bad though. Like I was on Xulane patches and basically had a 3-month long period before ultimately having a mental breakdown. You just need to experiment with different brands instead of giving up all together if one brand doesn't work out.

Seriously, who could say no to light periods and no cramping?
>>
>>6838214
Seriously, who could say no to a 3-month long period before ultimately having a mental breakdown?
>>
>>6838261
It was my b for not stopping it earlier. I was waiting it out which was a dumb mistake. Taking BC doesn't automatically mean you're gonna have a never-ending period, anon.

It's true for a lot of medications that you have to try multiple brands before settling on something that works. It's like that with everything from mental health meds to migraine meds and so on.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.