[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Hypothesis for Innate Bisexuality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1456083660257.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1456083660257.gif
2MB, 500x282px
Does it have merit or is it just some crackpot "theory"?
Now I have no doubt that the people saying they are gay are indeed gay, what I'm saying is that there is probably a lot more Bisexuals out there than we think, its just hard for them to find out or properly express it.
>>
>>6828085
as a bisexual man who was closeted forever:
>bisexual is normal and common
>nurture teaches people to repress themselves (damn you jebus)
>>
>>6828085
I think it holds some merit, but both SJWs and the anti-LGBT crowd thinks it's pretty bullshit. I will admit that I don't really think that every single individual is actually bisexual, but I think the rate of innate bisexuality is a lot higher than the rate of admitted bisexuals. I would guess that at least 40-50% of all people are not 100% straight/gay, but I believe the percentage of admitted bisexuals sits around 1-5% of the total population. It's not too particularly hard for a bisexual to identify as a straight person, in my opinion.
>>
>>6828085
Bump
>>
>>6828085
>Bonobos Mating Behavior
>Greek Culture
I think a very strong case could be made for it.
>>
>>6828085
Yes.

Strangely, gays seem to be a bit more resistant to the idea than straights. I think it's because coming out as gay is traumatic enough, and you'll be judged for being "wrong" or "cheating" if you wind up dating somebody of the same sex.

Fundamentally I think true monosexuals are extremely rare. Most people are 95% monosexual or more, but not completely.
>>
>>6834645
This.

But which theory of innate bisexuality is OP referring to? Freud's theory by that name actually referred to dual gender conditions in juvenile development. He believed that the mentally ill (which included gays and lesbians) were often a result of guiding a child's development away from their assigned birth sex's "appropriate" characteristics and behaviors and toward those of the opposite gender. For him gender, sex, and orientation were all conflated though, hence a gay man was psychologically feminine, and a lesbian masculine, etc. usually a consequence of something going wrong during adolescent development.
>>
File: bork fav.png (34KB, 200x135px) Image search: [Google]
bork fav.png
34KB, 200x135px
>''i'm bi! you're bi!''
~Laci 'Nuclear Holocaust' Green
>>
>>6828085
To my mind, everyone is bi. They just have a preference for one gender or the other, often to the point where they don't accept they like both.
>>
The sheer prevelance of cultural homosexuality and pederasty across global history makes this more likely to me.
>>
>>6828085
I've always thought it likely, because of stuff like this, >>6834620. Human sexuality is really flexible. Look at all the things people have fetishes for that didn't even exist in premodern times. That can't be genetic. Also didn't those Kinsey studies find 80% of people as at least slightly bi?
>>
>>6845135
Thats sure is an opinion
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.