/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans Support Groups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2446x2335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2446x2335px
I was talking to my therapist about support groups, and she handed me this piece of paper. I'm not really against people who identify as non-binary as long as they have dysphoria, but this group is giving me strong Tumblr vibes just from this paper alone. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the DC area is flooded with SJWs preaching whatever they read on EverydayFeminism, but I wish I could find a truscum-only support group that banned these kinds of people.

Anyway, any good or bad experiences with support groups? Stories please.
>>
File: 54334534.png (407KB, 519x560px) Image search: [Google]
54334534.png
407KB, 519x560px
>>6827394
wtf is pangender
>>
Join and remind them that there are physically, only two genders, and anything else is basically personality quirks.
>>
>>6827440
I would love to get up in there and recite a heavily sourced speech about how gender is biologically innate but I'm too much of a coward to speak in front of a large audience of strangers lmao
>>
>>6827394
>that gives me strong Tumblr vibes
Me, too, anon.
I've heard that many therapists like their patients to go to such events, but imho it's like telling gay people to support and go to the CSD or some (other) fetishist-event.

I assume you are mtf.
What do you want to talk about with genderqueers, crossdressers, detransitioners(wtf?), retransitioners(2x wtf?), agenders, bigenders and pangenders? Tucking?!

Transsexuals should be excluded from the transgender umbrella term and become a form of intersexuality, e.g. intersexuality of the brain.
>>
>>6827654
I agree. I'm beginning to feel like support from my friends is enough, even though none of them are trans. I don't think anything a pangender or detransitioner has to say will make me feel better. It'll likely be the opposite.
>>
>>6827542
And what good would that do? It'd be a waste of time, none of them are going to abandon something they really believe in because some stranger gave a speech.
It's like hardcore christians, you can provide all the proof you want that the earth isn't 5000 years old, but you can't make a dent if they believe hard enough.
>>
>>6827766
tru
>>
>>6827394
>crossdressers
>non-transitioners
these 2 groups of people should not be mixed with people who have dysphoria AND transitioning (at minimum, HRT to start with) to be honest

be prepared for passing transbians talking about their organic dildo, trans gay dudes going out with other trans gay dudes while giving off the same old lesbian vibes, genderqueer/fluid folks and their pronouns and quirks, some afab folks with green/blue/purple dyed hair.
>>
At least the person who wrote it is trying extremely hard to cover their inclusivity bases. I'd be kinda wary of going, but I would maybe go once and scope it out.

I've had mixed experiences with a few lgbt groups, but I had a mostly good support group experience. Joined one at the beginning of this year and regularly went until this summer. My main goal was to make a friend or two, which I did and then I quit. Might go back sometime idk, but you have to sign up for it and go every time. It was weekly with a few exceptions.
Every meeting had a topic, and while there was mostly free discussion the topic was also a godsend because one girl in particular had a tendency to steal all the attention and veer off on massive tangents that held a fucking knife to the throat of the room and demanded attention. She also constantly tossed underhanded shit at people for no reason. Never met anyone so caught up in their personal drama. Horrible, horrifying woman, but trutrans as fuck though. She was held in check by I guess you'd call them the group coordinators, of which there were two. Two professional therapists, both present about 70% of the time.

There was a small proportion of snowflake genders (four genders divided by three people) but they were the youngest of the group (and zir and xem were pretty young too. jk). Tbqh I can deal with that better than I can deal with an Olympic champion in hysterics.

It was generally good though. Most of us were "normal" trannies. About 15, 6 boys, 6 girls and 3 miscellaneous. There was camaraderie and solidarity and I got a feeling of normalcy around some of these people. That part was pretty healthy.

Reread the note and they're inviting the entire "trans umbrella" including fucking allies. Fuck that shit, that's voyeuristic. Allies self important enough to join a trans support group should go dive off a cliff.
>>
>>6827746
Thank you for the response, anon. You are 100% correct.
These people are literally the reason why I delayed my transition and waited to go to finally see a therapist. I did not want to become one of them.
Having supportive friends is one of the most important things! And they don't need to share your experiences, e.g. gender dysphoria, they help you just by accepting who you are. I am glad you have such friends, anon!
These "events" will only make you feel like a freak imho.

>>6827786
This. Good examples... I want to add the fetishist who wear things a woman would never wear in public.

>>6827877
Good sharing!
>About 15, 6 boys, 6 girls and 3 miscellaneous.
>"miscellaneous"
That made me laugh!
Your group was obviously for the most part free of the folk mentioned in OP's "Maryland Trans*Unity", e.g. retransitioners and crossdressers. An actual trans-only or mostly-trans support group might actually work. Great you found some friends there!
>>
>At least the person who wrote it is trying extremely hard to cover their inclusivity bases
I wish they didn't. If they hadn't mentioned the inclusitivity, Tumblr trans**kids would stay away out of fear of being """""triggered""""".
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.