[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Needing advice from people who know lots about gender dysphoria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1471553669420.jpg (571KB, 2957x1958px) Image search: [Google]
1471553669420.jpg
571KB, 2957x1958px
I originally posted this on /r9k/ due to how much experience they have with traps, but I learned my lesson as ultimately only a handful of responses were actual advice, the rest were just bashing or sissy kinks. So I'm posting it here.

My little brother, who turned 14 back in April, came out to me as a MTF transgender a couple days ago while visiting my apartment, after several hours of going back and forth through metaphors and really vague hinting.
He left last night, I haven't talked to him since. I pretended like I didn't remember anything that happened but dear god I do.

Hes never shown any interest in anything feminine at all, if anything he goes out of his way to avoid it, always seemed pretty opposed to most anti-discrimination laws and just didn't favor or oppose LGBTs whenever we talked politics, he definitely isn't liberal (hardcore Trump supporter).

Not sure what to do, I'm tempted to help him and take him to a therapist/doctor, but I really don't want our parents finding out. And even then, I'm not sure if he could pass (hes 5'6 and has a somewhat muscular build for his age already, arguably feminine face albeit), nor am I sure I want that as a brother? I'm praying to its some stage but he seems genuine, I doubt hes doing it as a phase, joke, or attention whoring.

Like I said, I've already gotten some advice but a lot of its conflicting and I just want to make the right decision here, part of me is sure hes legit and wanting to get him HRT and set him up with other people to talk about this with without my parents knowing, it'd be weird but its for the best I guess. I know I shouldn't tell my parents not only because they'd take it badly but also because hes my little brother and actually trusted me to keep my mouth shut, but I'm worried that I'm not making the right call here and that they have a right to know. And thats not even mentioning this entire thing could just be some fucking stage he'll come to regret later on. Help.
>>
>>6827173
oh hi, i'm the one who actually gave you some advice in the last thread
i hope you get what you're looking for anon!
>>
File: 1472424777741.jpg (144KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472424777741.jpg
144KB, 640x640px
>>6827173
It's best that you help him now lest you accidentally stunt him into waiting years to transition and thus dooming him to hon-dom. Whatever makes him not pass now will be ten times worse by then.

>he definitely isn't liberal (hardcore Trump supporter
He's most likely transtrender if this is the case. Since you already know so much about MTFs, why don't you quiz him about that and see what he knows? It might help you to realize how he came to "discover" his trans-ness and whether it was something he knew all along (trutrans), a slow realization, or a sudden realization (transtrender).
>>
Be supportive.

If he's doing it for attention this will call his bluff and he will feel bad and come clean.
If she legit has tranny feels and you are supportive towards her you just gained a little sister that will hold you in esteem forever.

Being cool about it is a win win, so you might as well.
>>
>>6827173
I don't think that avoiding feminine things is a sign that he isn't being truthful to himself, more that he's afraid of stepping out of line, possibly. I'm projecting myself onto him possibly, but I was very averse to doing anything that could perhaps cause people to raise an eyebrow or ask questions. I wouldn't even call it fear, but I hated betraying people's expectations of me. Your brother may have been the same way. I think you should help him, but I'm not sure how I would hide that from parents. He could potentially avoid male puberty entirely, which would help him tremendously in reducing trauma from being unable to pass later. If it were me, I would try to self-med HRT and see how it goes but I started in my late teens after testosterone had done a lot of its work already.
>>
>>6827190
don't listen to this. if anything, him being right-wing is more proof, since it shows it doesn't have anything to do with ideology or guilt or wanting to fit in to a certain group. "trutrans" is a meme. as long as he really does experience gender dysphoria, he's trans.

if he doesn't want to come out to his parents, that's okay; you can take him to a therapist to dispell any doubts, and if they agree it's the right choice then he's probably young enough to take puberty blockers which will delay any more effects of puberty but not necessarily make him feminine looking yet. if he changes his mind, he can just stop taking them and worst case scenario he finishes male puberty a couple years late.

also, remember that (assuming he really is trans) this isn't a choice, and denying him the opportunity to be himself (well, herself) will only cause long-term mental damage in the end. he'll still be the same person, only happier and more secure in his body.
>>
>>6827258
Hes 14, I'd say hes halfway done with puberty now. Already has a somewhat deepened voice, a bit more deep than this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHZDg-AyE7U
And broadening shoulders, patchy facial hair (not enough to grow a full beard but definitely noticeable on the sideburns and mustache, some scuffs around the jaw), and more or less a muscular build especially with the chest, its practically a square there.
Will HRT slow down and minimize any of this?
>>
>>6827307
the voice will take practice, but your example isn't bad at all and it's not a dealbreaker. facial hair can be removed with electrolysis, hrt will stop it from growing a lot more. it will also change fat and muscle distribution to a female pattern. skeletal structure won't change, but again, antiandrogens might prevent it from developing more than it already has.

also, regardless of genetics, there are trans women who start hrt at much older and with worse starting points who pass flawlessly. a lot of it depends on the face, and not matter what, going on hrt as early as possible can only help.
>>
>>6827307
It should stop it dead in its tracks. It won't do anything about the voice, but I think it won't go any lower.
>>
>>6827173

OP, fer fuck sake, hes barely 14. Like, half of all men go through this phase at this age. Especially considering what you have said. Take him to doctor and he will explain to him.

He needs information. Provide him with some.
And NO, google is not a good source. 99% you will find there is bullshit that will confuse him even more, and i
>betch my ass he already did that, and that is the primary reason why he even came on you with this.

He needs solid, doctor-like and smart-book like info. Not that "www.dot.jenner is a hero and you should follow yer naturel", NO. Not in this age.
>>
>>6827302
>>6827190
> right wing more proof
> liberal
JESUS CHRIST.
You americans are... you americans... I CANT EVEN.

What in the seven hells have barely -14 yo- mid-puberty-fucked up kid have to do with right-wing left-wing.

Seriously. It is not fun. You guys are seriously dangerous to your surroundings.
>>
File: stop.jpg (44KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
44KB, 576x432px
>>6827391
>Pretending like 99% of transtrenders aren't white left-wing "intersectional" feminists
Guys
Don't deny it
>>
>>6827416
Um, sure, but he is 14 yo. He is at the hardest puberty. I mean, I grew a fucking nice round tits during puberty and I had wilder mood changes than a trigglypuff. Does it make me a trans? Nope.

And believe me, 14yo hitlerjungen had no more valid political opinion than 14yo communists "pioneers". For the very reason that they were 14.
>>
>>6827460
I'm not saying their political opinions are valid at all, I'm saying that the overwhelming majority of transtrenders are circlejerking tumblr users, and not being one of them and having no relation to anything trans related and having your own thought process separate from them yet still apparently being trans, should mean you're less likely to be a circlejerker.
>>
>>6827391
OP brought it up as if it meant something. I'm trying to convince him to do the right thing, and didn't want to just ignore it in case he made it into some counterargument. I wouldn't have said anything if he didn't think it was relevant. Also, it's not like you can say trans issues are completely separated from politics in every way when people on all sides are constantly trying to force their viewpoints on us.
>>
bumping for op
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.