[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal for people to share their secrets when you come out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: no you be quiet.jpg (25KB, 560x401px) Image search: [Google]
no you be quiet.jpg
25KB, 560x401px
Came out as gay in my twenties to a few friends and relatives. It was very weird.
It was weird because every time I came out, the person I was coming out to told me one of their own deeply held and far more serious secrets. I learned about: quit careers, serious illnesses, financial disasters, dangerous neighbors making specific credible threats, and the list of secrets I now have to keep for my family and friends from the rest of my family and friends goes on.

So what are your thoughts on this; how bad did I screw up and did people tell you their secrets when you told them you're a legbutt?
>>
Oh boy, one more reason to not want to come out
>>
File: nerdy-teacher.jpg (50KB, 564x767px) Image search: [Google]
nerdy-teacher.jpg
50KB, 564x767px
>>6801332
I was told no secrets.
You have an unfortunate super power.
>>
"Oh, you're gay? That's cool, I've been thinking about coming out as an adult baby"
>>
>>6801796
>Oh boy, one more reason to not want to come out
Ehh if I had to do it all over again I would, and being out is well worth all my current weirdness.
My life switched from keeping one inane personal secret I was ashamed of and feeling isolated because I thought I couldn't trust anyone important to me. To keeping a dozen secrets for the people I am now much more connected to and knowing that everyone important to me doesn't trust anyone important to me.
Don't get me wrong I still live in a house of lies, but now it's a communal home made out of other peoples' secrets and lies.

>>6801809
>You have an unfortunate super power.
That probably came from an unintentional quid pro quo I set up.
I asked people not to tell my conservative parent I was gay; because at the time my parent had an upcoming risky medical procedure that I was worried would be compromised by the news.
When I asked them to keep my secret I guess that was an invitation for them to share their own burdens.
>>
>>6801899
>"Oh, you're gay? That's cool, I've been thinking about coming out as an adult baby"
Are you me? Because a friend did tell me he has an infantilism fetish after I came out to him.
>>
>>6801332
Maybe that was their way of establishing trust or something. That way, if they out you to other family members or friends, you cam expose their secret, which is potentially more embarrassing
>>
>>6802689
Nah, I'm good with people not knowing what I like in the sheets. Society holds sexuality in too high of an importance.
>>
They're just reciprocating your vulnerability, it's a gesture not a job. How hard is it to 'keep' a secret that isn't even yours? That's not an effort, it's just knowing something. You don't even have to remember it.
>>
>>6801332
It happened to me too, so it probably is normal. I think there's an expectation for gays to be more compassionate and understanding, at least relating to sexual degeneracy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.