[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I have children with my partner, how do I hold together my family?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (40KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 600x315px
My husband and I have been married for four years now, and we're about to start looking into the process for adoption of our first child.

One of the major issues, and something I'm scared to fucking death about, is the rest of my family.

My husband doesn't have a very large family, just his parents and sister, so there isn't much problem connecting our kids to their grandparents/aunt on his side, but mine is another story.

Parents are conservative but not religious, and are semi-supportive of me being gay, mainly I'm guessing because I'm pretty decently succesful and married. But the relationship between my parents and husband is very, very tense. They clearly hate me being married to a man, and he acts nice and they act nice to him, but like I said- it's tense.

So if I have kids, how do I repair that relationship so my kids aren't estranged from their grandparents?
>>
>>6799724
You owe it to your future children to research gay adoption outcomes. Not everyone is meant to have kids.
>>
>>6799752
>>>/pol/
>>
>>6799724
If your parents can tolerate him for you they can probably tolerate him for your children. Talk to them about it, we can't tell you what your parents are like...

>>6801206
>statistics are /pol/
Come on now, step out of your safe space and look at the facts, there are complications in even the best case scenarios, see OP, and the worst case scenarios are genuinely horrific.
>>
>>6799724
You find some old couple and have them play pretend grandparents.
>>
Here's the key;

Your parents may have a problem with your husband, but I can damn near be certain you they *won't* have a problem with your child. I'm assuming they're 50-60 years old, in which case they'll probably do normal fawning grandparent things and be happy to spend time with a young grand child.

You can essentially run a screen between your parents and your husband while still maintaining a relationship between them and your child. Essentially, limit contact between them and your husband but allow it between them and your grandchild. This is more easily done if you live a bit away from them.

You don't have to tell your husband you are excluding him. Just do short 1 hour visits or something every once and a while. Bringing your husband along most likely won't be a problem, but the key is to not feel like you *have* to bring him every time. It's ok to visit when it's just you.

If they start trying to fuck with your relationship, then they're horrible people with a calloused view towards you and your child. Most likely they'll realize your family being together to take care of your child is better than breaking you and your husband apart.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.