[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone regret not being allowed to donate blood anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Blood_Donation_12-07-06_1.jpg (396KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Donation_12-07-06_1.jpg
396KB, 1632x1224px
Does anyone regret not being allowed to donate blood anymore?
>>
>>6787542

Not everyone lives in USA.
>>
>>6787542
I donate blood all the time. If they ask if you have sex with men just say no.
I barely have sex though and I guarantee you I get significantly more std tests than straight people. I don't think I've ever met a straight person that has had an std test except after they already know they have one.
But I do understand the ban in a sense, I've met tons of irresponsible gay/bi people and there's so many people that aren't knowledgeable about hiv. I'd say probably like 50% of people aren't aware of the window period and I'm sure quite a few never get tested either.
>>
>>6787542
I'm barred from donating because they're afraid I might have mad cow disease from being in England 25 years ago. It's stupid but whatever...
>>
Not everyone tells the truth on the survey. And some of us are shitty virgins so its fine.
>>
>>6787677
Some people said that was why some people read out the questions to you since people are less likely to lie. I don't know if it's true though. I've only ever had them ask me the questions in person when it wasn't very busy.
>>
>>6787643
Oh hey, you too? My brother and I spent, like, 2 hours in a clinic before they told us our blood could be poison and sent us away.
>>
>>6787612
The blood gets tested anyways.
>>
>>6787542

I'm a virgin and a tranny, so I'm not affected. Not that I ever have donated blood. I was going to, but I had class during collection times.
>>
>>6790027
There's still about a 5-10 day window period for that test. But people shouldn't be using blood donations as a way to get tested
>>
>>6790082
i am such a thirsty slut i'd probably get pozzed in that window anyway
>>
>>6787542
i cant give blood because I have thalassemia
>but i mean who's dumb enough to say yes to that question.
Also feel free to sue for discrimination.
>>
>>6787542
This thread just gave me a wickedly funny idea, funny for me at least, horrifying for anyone else.
>>
>>6790027
Tested in bulk. Lots of good blood gets drained if your diseased shit is tested in the same batch.
>>
>>6790293
That's just a myth. It's actually quite the opposite, they test each blood donation multiple times to rule out false negatives.
Maybe in some poorer countries they bulk test, but even then poorer countries often steal blood donations from western countries anyway.
>>
>>6787542
no, i don't regret it, and if people ask me to donate blood i simply say i'm not allowed to
it's their organization, why the fuck do i care
>>
>>6787542
>be man who has sex with men
>get asked if you are a man who has sex with men
>suddenly dysphoria triggers, i am now agender
>"no"
>donate blood
>dysphoria is suddenly gone as i walk out of donation center
>>
I don't donate because I'd probably have a panic attack. Metal puncturing my skin and draining my body of vital fluids. I'm getting queasy just writing about it.
>>
>>6787542
If the red cross would actually update the latest FDA guidelines, I wouldn't be banned anymore.
>>
>>6787542
Yeah sucks. I would give blood. The question should inquire about unprotected sex, sex with multiple partners and sex within a certain time frame. Not just sex with men ever. If i had sex with one man, with a condom, 11 months ago i am not allowed to give blood. (Im in canada where the deferal period was recently shortend from life to 1 year). If a man has unprotected sex with a female prostitute the wait time is only like a year. Dumbest law ever.
>>
>>6787542
>not allowed to give away blood for free so they can turn around and charge thousands of dollars for it
Fuck this scam.
>>
i lie and give blood anyway, i know i'm clean
>>
i lie and give blood anyway, i know i'm all pozzed up
>>
>>6787612
>If they ask if you have sex with men just say no
>I've met tons of irresponsible gay/bi people
Uh yeah
>>
File: 1466722013166.jpg (35KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
1466722013166.jpg
35KB, 600x484px
I tell the truth and give blood because I've never fucked or been fucked by another man.

>tfw no bf...ever
>>
>>6791627
Needs moar jpeg
>>
>>6791621
It's not necessarily bad morals causing irresponsibility. Many people are genuinely unaware of how hiv tests work, window periods, etc
I think very very few donate blood with the intention of spreading disease, it's lack of std knowledge that is dangerous.
I think if you are knowledgeable you can make the moral choice to lie on the test. If you're tested and outside the window period there is only a very very tiny chance of it being detrimental
>>
I'm a lesbian so i can donate lul
>>
>>6791913
>I'm a lesbian
Sure you are hon :^)
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.