[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tranny trouble!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

This movie was hilarious my man. It's supposed to poke fun at the whole exploitation film genre Quentin Tarantino's been ripping off all these years with some added campiness of John Waters and silly low budget horror cliche-spoofing of Troma Productions. Are there any other comedy horror movies with trannies and/or sassy drag queens out there or is this one of a kind movie?

inb4 Rocky Horror Picture Show
>>
>>6776191
I don't know what I was expecting the first time I watched that but yeah it was fucking hilarious.
>>
Apparently the trannies are raging over a new movie with Michelle Rodriguez as a hitman who goes on a revenge rampage over a forced sex change. Similar parodic tone it seems. Sounds mildly interesting to me, though I understand why the other trannies are raging.
>>
>>6777305
Is it called "(Re) Assignment"? Mite b fun
>>
>>6777305
I hate this shit, because anything should be funny from anyone, but gay people have always had this trashy, campy, streak ala John Waters, and it's a really fucking hardline to toe if you're outside the 'community' to make a similar movie or whatever it is.
>>
>>6777329
PC culture is killing cinema yada yada etc
>>
>>6777358
No, I'm actually saying it's not. (At least for me, a queer movie fan)
I don't wanna say outright that straight America can't make campy, tasteless, trash, but it's going to be really fucking hard for them not to make something actually horrible, and the shouting reactionary retards kinda keep it to just us.
>>
>>6777375
Except it's always been the PC culture regulating on who is allowed to make a movie and how and nothing is a bigger transgression to PC bros than making a queer person-of-color flick while being a straight white male director, hasn't it?
>>
>>6777404
Well, I'll say this. If you're white and straight as can be and make a great movie about a queer black tranny or some shit, and it's great, it'll be fine. People will always bitch, but it'll end up fine.
However, that track record is terrible, queer subjects handled by straight people. Lots of influences as to why, but I think you'd be right to be wary.
>>
>>6776191
>>6776445

I'm going to watch this movie now.

>>6777305

That sounds funny as hell. I'll watch it if it seems as good if it's ever released.
>>
>>6777375
>but it's going to be really fucking hard for them not to make something actually horrible
Uhhh, when you think about it I guess "breeders" shouldn't be allowed to make queer flicks at least for the film's quality's sake.

I do like David Cronenberg's work though. If there is one director I would want to direct my queer flick it would probably be him tbqh.
>>
>>6777430
That's what I mean by >>6777421
He's a great example. Some of his movies have a queer feel to them already in my opinion.

It comes down so much more to outsider/insider than it does straight/queer, honestly.
Just harder to do a subject justice when you're an outsider, it doesn't have to be malicious.
>>
>>6777318
As a ftm this movie seems extra funny because the fact that the character will technically be having ftm-ish dysphoria over losing his male body will be lost on most of the retarded public, who will think that mtfs regret their transitions after SRS lel
>>
File: in the news.jpg (15KB, 614x134px) Image search: [Google]
in the news.jpg
15KB, 614x134px
>>6777449
The public's reaction is hilarious already. Lmao.
>>
>>6777441
Exactly. And if it's malicious it's usually unintentional and out of general ignorance. Dog Day Afternoon is a great example of a movie that was obviously done by outsiders (I think) and while it's for the most part mild in its handling of a transgender character, there are moments that are oddly inappropriate like when the character played by Al Pacino calls his wife a "he."
>>
>>6777487
Then we're on the exact same page, senpai.
:^)
>>
>>6777504
Good. ::^^)
>>
>>6777599

The first time I've ever heard it was on this board.
>>
File: tumblr_lagarvWVsa1qzwezn.png (269KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lagarvWVsa1qzwezn.png
269KB, 500x280px
>>6776191
Only tranny in film that wasn't cringe was Dil in The Crying Game.
>>
File: dog has a kek.jpg (91KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
dog has a kek.jpg
91KB, 612x612px
>>6777305
>Michelle Rodriguez as a hitman who goes on a revenge rampage over a forced sex change

HAH! good casting
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.