[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transgender people, what was your college experience like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 13

File: 4L_f6bKTNTP.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
4L_f6bKTNTP.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>>
Had a breakdown and had to withdraw from all my classes. I'm still recovering from that, but accepting who I am and starting transition has helped tons.

You should probably get put in a single if you let the school know you're trans.
>>
>>6761510
Dropped out in my first semester because my grants dried up after I went to jail for defending myself against a straight cis person who attacked me.
>>
>>6761807
I'm in Canada but I heard at my uni they stick trans with other trans. Single dorms are grad students only and are kind of pricey too.
I'd imagine most universities are welcoming to trans people you just have to let them know and they'll accommodate you. Obviously asking is kind of a social anxiety situation but it might be worth it
>>
Old it inside and finished my degree on international business, socially it was shit and hate every moment of it, class mates where high horse mean bitches, even to each other, work field is weird, ended up working in a bank, still in boy mode... should have picked programing instead :/
>>
>>6761859
Should've killed them, they can't testify against you when they're dead
>>
File: things have gone too far.png (19KB, 956x253px) Image search: [Google]
things have gone too far.png
19KB, 956x253px
Completely uneventful. No issues because trannies weren't popular yet, seeing as I finished my degree and graduated back in 2012. Slipped entirely under the radar. Things were a million times better because we were underground and nobody knew about us. It would have been for the best if things had stayed that way.

Just today I was ordering an official transcript for a job application, logging into the university's site and all that for the first time in years. Upon doing so, I see this right after logging in, right at the top of the page. I'm glad I finished long before this shit became popular, because if I went now I know I wouldn't be able to contain myself around all the hons and tumblrites.

Whether or not this tranny fad blows over, the damage is done. Anyone being openly trans is doing nothing but harming every single tranny out there, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
>>6762081
apt filename desu senpai
free speech and common decency are dead thanks to these PC cunts
>>
>>6762081
>don't rape, attack, harass or stalk people. report it if you see any

I don't see exactly what's wrong with this.
>>
>>6762096
Yeah. Funny thing is, I started university in fall 2007, and started hormones in Feb. 2008. So I was going through transition while going there.

There were literally zero issues with me going around in an extremely feminized boymode, to the point where I was failing boymode, and then going androgynous mode, girl mode, all of it. No issues. There weren't any actual issues for anyone. Everything bad is invented.

This was also in a very red state.
>>
>>6762106
>gender-based misconduct
You ignored the entire point. It's very clear that the whole spiel is centered around tumblr freaks and hons going around on campus, people being openly trans, which is the most retarded thing anyone could possibly do.

I know your hon brain is quite defective, but c'mon man.
>>
>>6762116
Glad you had a safe experience at college, and it's good that you didn't need tumblrites and other white knights to "make" you safe.

I think shoving lgbtq alphabet soup down people's throats and demonizing them for not liking it - that's what's going to cause the violence.
>>
So far? It's been pretty shitty for the first two years, since I have no friends and don't socialize at all, plus I'm too scared to actually attend classes in girlmode, sometimes I dress up as a girl and walk around campus like an autist tho lel.
I have at least 3 more years left as an undergrad (plus grad school) so here's to hoping my college experience turns around now that I'm more willing to present openly.
>>
>>6762171
Go for it anon!

Honestly, who's gonna say anything - it'd be suicide with PC campuses nowadays.

Plus, who can judge you? You can do whatever you want, dress however you want, and if they don't like it they can kiss your ass.
>>
>>6761859
>ugh I told you, that cis scum shitlord was stare raping me, I was just defending myself
>>
>>6762207
Most trans people aren't tumblr, I'm reasonably sure anon was physically attacked.
>>
File: 1457080054194.jpg (60KB, 598x292px) Image search: [Google]
1457080054194.jpg
60KB, 598x292px
Had a panic attack hours following my first class this week. I fell into a depression and slept most of the next 48 hours, skipping all my classes with the assumption I was going to drop out this semester. I've chosen to be a visibly trans person (note: a respectable one, not a conventional hon) because I would rather people humor my mental disorder by treating me as a female than see me as a normal cis male. It's a lose/lose situation and trying to deal with the stress that came with it really got to me. I had a chance to talk to my therapist and I hope to return to class next week.
>>
>>6762246
Stop skipping classes you'll crash and burn. Go to class asap, tomorrow if you can, and push through anything holding you back at any cost.
>>
Still in uni in Texas. Super liberal campus thou. All my friends are chill with it, my roommate was chill with it, I don't get shit, but I think that's because I pass pretty well. I dresses as a girl for like 50% of the time, but never really went to class as one. This upcoming semester is when I'm going to start going to class as a girl. I'm living with a couple of friends this semester and my biggest fear is that we'll end up just hanging out with each other all the time and not make any new friends.
>>
>>6762280
I know. I'm already feeling the burn from the days that I missed.
>>
>>6762292
Good luck anon, I've been there. Don't go my route - go back to class.
>>
>>6762284
Don't wanna sound like some stalker bc it's 4chan after all, but would you be all right saying which university? I'm starting this fall and I'm nervous about meeting people too. This fall being 4 days lol... :/
>>
>>6762354
Nah it's fine, I go to UT
>>
I'm MtF. Freshman year got stuck with 3 dudes in an apartment like dorm with a kitchenette because I was pre everything when I started college and got on E a month later (HRT was not accessible in my tiny hometown). It was ass. By the end of the year it was painfully obvious that I wasn't like them. One roommate asked and I said yeah. He was surprisingly chill for a wannabe tough guy from east Oakland (although he was sweet and clever under the tough guy facade). The other two just figured I was gay because I never wanted to participate when they were sitting around doing the "hot ass at 12 o'clock, nice rack at 7" thing in the quad and because I hung out exclusively with these girls from down the hall who were really nice and accepting. Second year I applied to live on an LGBT themed dorm floor (liberal big city) and lived with three cis girls (two of which were Tumblr feminists and one of which was pretty much /pol/). I'm in my third year now, and I'm living in an apartment with my girlfriend of a year. Turned out better than it could have. I got lucky.
>>
>>6762387
is your girlfriend the /pol/ roomate
>>
>>6762371
>UT
You must be Asian.
>>
>>6761510
dropped out of uni after first semester

thrice

i just dont like studying and im not very good at it, but i didnt want my high school education to be for nothing

ultimately i gave up and go learn a trade
>>
>>6761807
this, but now that i recovered and returned im murdering the academics, all as and just a couple of bs, plus a lot of extracurricular participation.

passing is hit and miss but sadly it only takes one dipshit clocking you to be outed to an entire group. still gotta be strong.
>>
I'm 1 year on HRT and still boymode but I'll be living with 3 guys I've never met before in a dorm suite this year.

Wish me luck senpai
>>
>>6762246
>>6762292
have you talked to your professors about this? in my experience they've been very helpful, i think they get it to some extent that it's incredibly mentally exhausting.
>>
College was way before I figured out the trans thing but I was still going through a lot of mental health shit. Never said one word, just buckled down and dealt with it. I went to a private art school in San Francisco and they didn't really give a shit about anything as long as you could pay. This was before the SJW cancer became common on campuses but it was San Francisco so I got a taste of what was to come.

I've always been a misanthropic introvert, but I did have some friends who were not students, all of them basically /pol/ (though this was 10 years ago so, Stormfags) which made things interesting and bearable. I laugh thinking how they would react to me being a fucking tranny.
>>
Spent the time trying to repress and just fucking around drinking and getting high. Gradually got harder to repress and I got more and more miserable. Grades were shit. After a couple years I dropped out spent about another year trying to run from it in a different way.

I'm 8mo HRT now and working full time saving money for eventual SRS. Never get high and rarely drink. After SRS is paid I would like to try to finish but I would probably take my time doing part-time or online classes. Probably do a degree I'm more interested in too.
>>
>>6763213
>>6761807
I wish I was a girl but I hope I'm never weak enough to drop out of college.

I think if I ever did that I'd kill myself.
>>
>>6763635
What were stormfags doing in SF? Did you leave the city after school? Do you work in an artstic career now? I am guessing you went to AAU? What was your focus?
>>
I'm closet trans and I'll be going to college in like a year. I'm honestly terrified and don't know how I'll deal with dorms and shit.
>>
>>6762371
Same! I'm starting in cs. Do you want to talk off 4chan?(fb or hangouts or something)? I'm worried about meeting people lol
>>
>>6763808
>I'd kill myself if I dropped out
Sounds pretty weak to me.
>>
>>6764062
Oh sure, kik me at CharliY21
>>6762586
Nah....well I'm Russian. I'm not sure if my mom was born in the european side or the Siberian side.
>>
>>6762246
fuck im afraid this is going to be me, and im already terrified. i was walking around campus yesterday and was continually gendered both male and female, and it made me very uncomfortable and nervous. i told myself i was going full time this semester (at only 4 months) because mentally i can't handle being in boy mode anymore, but i also don't feel im ready to be full time. i wish i could have more time...
>>
Came out first semester of college. I go to an art school so they act pretty liberal about gender stuff but are still really shitty about using the correct pronouns and names for people but pat themselves on the back for having 1 gender neutral bathroom.
Spent my first semester with cis girls, one of which was chill the other I barely talked to. Dealt with pretty much every professor misgendering me and it was awful. Second semester was better. I move in with some friends who are all trans, and adopted a no tolerance policy for professors misgendering me.
Starting my second year in about a week and I'm currently living off campus so I don't have to deal with the gross housing office guy. He repeatedly misgenders people and uses people's deadnames even after they've been legally changed
>>
literally nobody cared
>>
>>6762246
There is no such thing as a respectable visibly trans person.
>>
Why are there so many fucking trannies in computer science/engineering?
>>
>>6762521
No, my girlfriend is a Bernie-supporting feminist girl I met online. It makes for pretty interesting conversations on account of I'm anti feminism because transtrenders and Germaine Greer types have tried to make my life hell for being a more moderate libertarian and a legit dysphoric trans woman, but I love her so much. Politics really isn't that big of a deal when neither of you are extremists. We both like intelligent conversation, so it works out. I don't think we would work together if she were super Tumblr or if I were some Ayn Rand worshipper.
>>
>>6765107
Because we're autistics and computers can't harm us emotionally
>>
>>6765132
ooooooh yes they can
>>
>>6765107
Stereotypes are usually rooted in truth. "Alice in IT" isn't really that far-fetched of a stereotype. It makes sense that we would gravitate towards fields with limited social interaction given that most of us have serious social anxiety issues as a result of shitty things happening to us as teenagers or early in transition. You're a lot less likely to get shit on for being trans or to have to engage people socially when you sit in front of a computer instead of talking to lots of people on a daily basis.
>>
>>6765140
This. When my computer gets viruses or bad stuff happens to it in general I freak the fuck out, especially if I don't know how to fix it by myself.
>>
Never got confronted by anyone but I felt like shit a lot my first two years.

Managed to get into the only LGBT floor on my campus and decided to tell the people I hung out with I was pre-everything trans, since they asked. They were all nice about it (which was pretty much to be expected, considering half of them were trans themselves). However, since I was the only trans person there who hadn't made any progress towards transitioning... no hormones, no attempt at dressing as my desired gender or even androgynously, never hassled people about pronouns or corrected them... I felt super out of place.

I eventually stopped hanging out with everyone because I felt like they were silently judging me (in all reality I was just judging myself and projecting those feelings on them)... Feeling that way completely killed my social life, because I was too scared to hangout with the other people on my floor and there was no one in any of my classes I was interested in hanging out with outside of class.
>>
>>6761510
I'm going into my 4th and last year in September and I've been on HRT for about 9 months now. My acquaintances don't know anything about it and it's probably going to be pretty obvious once they see me IRL. I get gendered male/female like half the time when I'm casually outside so I'm expecting something similar when I'm on campus. Hopefully I can just ignore the stares and focus on my studies and everything should be okay
>>
I'm a double major in biomedical physics and CS at Northeastern University rn. It's really expensive but I worked hard as fug to get scholarships/grants in high school and it's totally worth it because NEU is a fucking queer sanctuary. The whole LGBTQ+ community is extremely large and strong on campus and in nearby areas (Boston in general is a really safe place for us), and even the majority of cis/straight people are pretty chill and left-leaning. The school has terrible bureaucracy but also a ton of open support specifically for trans, nb, and queer people, so it's pretty easy to get things like housing accommodations. I've only ever lived in specifically gender-neutral housing on campus with other queer friends I'm really close with, and the rooms and apartments have always been great. I'm also extremely mentally ill though, and a lot of shitty life events happened this summer so I had to withdraw from most of my classes, but they were just gen eds and I'm working with the disability resource center and a bunch of survivor resources etc affiliated with the school so it hasn't been catastrophic. If you're still in high school and looking for colleges I totally recommend Northeastern, it's fucking amazing and it's quickly becoming one of the most prestigious schools in the world for some programs like network science, international business, interactive design, data science, and more. So please apply before it becomes too selective because that's happening rapidly lol
>>
>>6766198
>I'm also extremely mentally ill though

you're posting on /lgbt/ you didn't have to tell me that
>>
>>6763224
Good luck, I hope you get some good roommates
>>
Community college is great if you're looking to knock off general electives, save money, and not have to worry about people getting all up in your business; they're too busy with their classes and daily commute.
>>
>went for a little under 2 years
>repressed the whole time and it just made things worse
>lived in a 2 person room but went through 3 roommates who all dropped
>flunked
>went and started the process
>working my way back into school through CC
hoping to get readmission into uni with a little help from my therapist with a letter showing I received help, and actually started HRT
>things are looking much better
>>
Spent the first three years drowning in depression because I had no idea what I wanted to do or who I wanted to be. Finally came to terms with my depression at the end of third year. I had to drop out though, because my grades slipped when I was depressed and financial aid won't support me anymore.

I'm actually a bit happy about that. It's gonna be a bitch to tell my parents, but I just wasn't happy. I feel a bit better now that I'm on HRT.
>>
>>6761510

Cis Male living with MtF transwoman

>convince an internet friend (mtf) to literally drive across the US to meet me here and attend college
>find a cheap ass room (1000/mo) in the 2nd most expensive city in the US
>zero fucks given about my roommates gender
>be the alpha that I am
>teach my roommate not to be beta
>she finds acceptance for who she is
>teach her that she can make her own decisions
>for the first time in her life she is in control of her own destiny, has her own money, and a direction in life
>cries (happy tears) when I tell her shes my friend, not my pet

Hopefully one day I can change the lives of more people like I've changed hers.
>>
>>6767573
so you're in SF
>>
>>6767595

I hope you don't expect a prize for deducing that.
>>
Fucking miserable. I couldn't focus on my classes because of my dysphoria, and I got into an abusive relationship just because I think I was starved for some kind of physical affection, even if the guy beat me as often as he hugged me.

I dropped out after I got a good job at IBM and I plan on going back to school when I'm done transitioning and can afford it.
>>
I was surrounded by gender-trenders and all of them told me they were "harassed" and called faggots every day. Meanwhile, no one has ever harassed me. I sense some bullshit and triggers coming from those tumblrinas
>>
>>6766198
Really random, but I'm thinking of transfering there after I leave CC this spring. Would you mind exchanging kiks and me asking some questions cause I'm honestly scared shitless of not commuting to school anymore next year. The only thing I ever hear about NorthEastern is that it drowns you in student debt :/
>>
>>6767683
People only harass them because they get in everyone's faces about how unique and underprivileged they are. No one cares if you don't bother anyone.
>>
>>6763635
>AAU
>stormfaggots
lmao no fucking wonder they'd go to a dead-end shitty private school
>>
>>6763839
You would be surprised. Of course it's the Bay Area so even they were atypical in some ways (some of the guys I hung out with were anarcho-nationalists) but they are all over the place.

Yeah, AAU. Majored in Illustration and Fine Art Sculpture. I do work as an artist now but it's not my full time job yet.

I did end up moving back home, SF is way too expensive.
>>
>>6768346
To be fair I was the only one in the group going to that school.
>>
>>6761510
It would have been fine but parents making me drop out and go home ruined it.
>>
>>6762124
>>6762124
>Misinterpreting motive based on a straw man and ranting about it like youre superior

Lose the ego you don't deserve and grow up, there's nothing wrong with anything in that message - there are many other explanations for why it could be posted and most are positive. What about people who don't pass? Word spreads. And even if passing, dates happen and people find out over time. No matter how liberal the city/school there are undoubtedly still creeps. Its important for many, especially if they grew up in backwards areas, to know they have support somewhere and may not realize where to go after moving to a new environment. Stop being such a hateful cunt, you're what's actually wrong with the lgbtq community.
>>
File: 1471193344344.jpg (127KB, 1403x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1471193344344.jpg
127KB, 1403x1408px
I'm just a normal jocky-twink boy spectating this thread and I'm here fantasizing about meeting a timid androgynous boy or girl on campus and and either befriending them and doing lovey dovey stuff or fucking them. :)

That might happen in a few years, cause active duty military.
>>
>>6770025
>jocky-twink
u wot m8
>>
File: 1471115699684.jpg (48KB, 700x494px) Image search: [Google]
1471115699684.jpg
48KB, 700x494px
>>6770138
I don't know about this gay stuff dude.
>>
>>6770025
please come find me and do
>>
File: 1470621023273.jpg (37KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1470621023273.jpg
37KB, 436x436px
>>6770171
Aye aye, babe.
>>
File: 1446200998004.jpg (58KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1446200998004.jpg
58KB, 500x368px
>>6770259

b-b-b-blue b-board?
>>
File: dexter.jpg (17KB, 449x336px) Image search: [Google]
dexter.jpg
17KB, 449x336px
>>6770271
You stutter like all the other degenerates. It'll make the butt stuff easier.
>>
>>6765147
i had to change my name to avoid this stereotype
>>
MtF, not out, started HRT recently (won't be able to pass; with FFS my face could probably be okay but body is still ruined).

I've just failed my second year. Dysphoria and lack of interest in my course made it difficult to motivate myself to study or turn up for class. Jealousy towards women is the main reason though. When I did turn up to class I spent progressively more of it wallowing in jealousy as time went on. A lot of the time I'd try to do one class, get overwhelmed and give up, then spend the day walking around and smoking to calm my anxiety. Eventually I gave up on trying to bring myself to deal with it.

The idea of still being a suffering MtF but feminine enough to be able to fully transition successfully is almost as appealing as the idea of being cis at this point, if not more appealing. Maybe it's more relatable/realistic and the idea of actually being female seems so far-fetched that it's hard to identify with. I feel like I can deal with the problems of being trans so long as I have hope for the future, which in my situation I don't have; I feel like I'm wasting time until I've tried hard enough and exhausted enough options to be able to justify killing myself.
>>
>>6770405
i feel exactly like this but im only about to start uni
>>
>went to big state school
>started HRT right away without actually comming out to family
>stayed boymode and tried to remain invisible
>manage to get through first semester
>halfway through second semester
>changes start happening
>freak the fuck out when they start getting noticeable
>still in boymode, but super fem looking.
get weird looks all the time
>i become super anxious when out on campus
>have no friends that know and no support
>fail second semester and withdrawl
>go home and come out to parents
>they freak, but they eventually come around
>take the next school year off and stay at home while letting the fem'n'ems do their work
>blow alot of my savings for college on FFS
>after about a year on hrt, ffs and a wrdrobe change, i pass perfectly
>start back at community college part time to get some gen ed credits done
>get a pert time job to build savings back up
>currently back in state school with a part time job to help pay the bills
>I pass and am stealth
>got friends and good grades
>got a bf too
>feels good man
>>
>>6770321

I was going to go with Alyssa, but I think it's a bit too close to Alice (and plus doesn't have the best connotations as I've seen) so I'm thinking of going with Olivia now

They're pretty similar tho
>>
>>6770916
im fucking Alyssa jesus christ now i have to change my name again
>>
Do/did any of you guys transitioning in college actually live on campus? I'm gonna be living in a dorm starting this fall for at least the first year and want to start hormones soonish, but I feel like it'd be hard to hide something like that from a roommate, especially as an ftm...
>>
File: tumblr_n4d7xxdWyj1rercezo2_500.gif (990KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4d7xxdWyj1rercezo2_500.gif
990KB, 500x220px
>>6761510
not really sure, only just went to orientation.
>get broken up into groups
>advisors lead my group outside
>form a circle and play stupid introduction games
>say your name where you are from what you are interested in studying whatever
>gets to me
>"u-uh..."
>feel everyone staring at me
>oh god
>"I'm anon...I'm from *town* and um..I-I don't really know what I want to study"
>crisisaverted.png
>now they want us to pair up and tell our partner about ourselves so they can introduce us to the group
>stand around awkwardly until the girl next to me asks if I want to pair up
>barely make eye contact with her or say very much
>probably visibly uncomfortable
>she gently tries to get answers out of me or help me come up with ideas
>advisors say to form the circle again and start
>she tells me not to worry
>spend rest of the day trying to stay as close to her as possible like a lost puppy because she made me feel safer due to her kindness
yes I realize how pathetic that sounds
>>
File: tumblr_m6adb6idKU1qd5kk6o1_500.png (97KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6adb6idKU1qd5kk6o1_500.png
97KB, 500x374px
>>6761807
Basically this story, in the long run. I actually made it through the first year. However, transitioning in the middle of freshman year, not knowing what I wanted to do in college (I was basically taking random classes), and having an abusive best friend (who was also trans, and started HRT at the same time) basically led me to have a complete mental breakdown, complete with locking myself in my room Hikikomori-style and even pissing in pill bottles so I didnt have to be seen when I went to go the bathroom.

Eventually I talked to my parents about leaving, withdrew from half of my classes, and limped along till the end of the year with the other half. Then I withdrew completely, and since then have been living like a NEET with my parents (aside from a pottery class last summer, and frequent volunteer work the last 4 months)

I'm planning to go to community college in the fall, now that I basically pass 98%, and I'm currently getting my docs changed so I can go as a girl.
>>
>>6770946
i just had mine too and it went pretty similarly. by the second day i was getting along okay with a few other people from my group (two flighty but nice hipster-type girls and a twinky obviously gay kid), but i still said some autistic shit and felt like i was mostly tagging along just so i wouldn't be that loner weirdo.

the whole thing was like 16 hours and it was pretty shit in general, didn't exactly do much to make me look forward to actual college. i didnt even get into most of the classes i wanted.

also its probably a long shot, but...anyone here going to UW?
>>
Boymode trannies, femboys, whatever, can anybody give me some tips or stories regarding presenting male at college but being on hrt and feminizing yourself? I plan on using college as space to get hair removed, fix my voice and continue taking hrt but I don't want to freak out my roommate. What's the best course(s) of action?
>>
>>6770994
at least you have a "group" now.
me and that girl really didn't talk after that point.
I just stayed near her
>>
File: 1460923786597.png (35KB, 641x527px) Image search: [Google]
1460923786597.png
35KB, 641x527px
>>6771018
i mean, i doubt if i'll keep up with them once school starts. but yeah i guess it's better than nothing.

sorry anon, i hope your college experience(tm) improves at some point...
>>
>>6770999
You should have told your campus you were trans before getting into the dorms. They usually would pair you with another transgender or give you your own room to avoid shit like that.
>>
>>6761510
I'm out to professors but no one else. In grad school. Did all of college in boy mode, started doing HRT in final semester. Only been full-time, or any-time, since early this month. Seem to pass 100%. Have gone to a few parties and hung out with some girls just sitting around and drinking.

Ran into a hon that was so hon no one knew they were a hon but me—I don't think they clocked me, either. A sad fate. Probably worse than being a regular, gross hon. Being such a hon people can't even tell you're one.

Not sure what to do, being "open" or not. So far it's just a thing my professors know, but I'm in the humanities, and it's somewhat relevant. I know we're anti-"visible trans" but I hate SJWism and the trender cancer destroying the meaning of being trans. As someone who seems to pass in public and get gendered female 100% of the time, being "visible" and putting out a counter-narrative seems beneficial. I'm being pushed heavily by the department for being both a high-magnitude snowflake and successful in the field (already published in undergrad), so I'm thinking I might actually be able to do something positive.

I don't know though. I'm always so shy in public outside of classes, and I'm kind of afraid of being more publically out just because of the social aspect of that. But I do feel some sense of duty to "correct the record" so to speak.
>>
I was repressed thoughout college and it was awful. Uni is allegedly full of supporting, open-minded people, but that wasn't apparent enough for me to transition. I spent most my time moping about, patronizing people at house parties, avoiding fights at bars and hanging out with other self-loathing /mu/tants while watching fox news and lots of anxiety over finances. Can't forget the copious amounts of pot either. I was stoned more than not my last two years after I had returned from studying abroad. A lot of this was too cope with social dysphoria as well as just habitual use fueled by influence from my close friends.

I wish I could have a do over and try to transition during school. It seemed to hard to explain to all my friends at the time however. I'm not exactly the most pc, liberal, sjw person on the planet (last night being called racist and truscum confirmed this for me) so it probably be confusing and surprising for a lot of people I was friends with.

Funny enough, I miss uni itself. Going to class, having a schedule, meeting new people through an institution, having automatic grounds for being able to socialize with people... I graduate and poof, that's all gone. Now here I am sitting unemployed with absolutely nothing. No circle of friends, no base for finding people to socialize with, no schedule or goals. New city, I'm a spider in the snow, extra isolated as I begin my transtion to female alone.
>>
>>6771213
I'm also in the humanities, although I'm waffling on whether or not I should do grad school right now because I want money for srs and stuff.

you should spend more time around cis people talking about trannies when they think we're not around to hear. might push you back toward not being visible. even nice academics don't like us that much. prolly depends on which of the humanities you're in and what you're specializing in and all that, though.
>>
>>6771213
I am >>6771255 I agree with you about trans trenders and the like. It makes me a bit happy that I'm not alone in this opinion. Last night a group of non-binary trans trenders called me truscum for outing them on their unclear reasoning for being trans. I claimed they had no right to identify as trans as they are trivializing a group of people with legit problems. They called me out for trying to suppress their identity. Damn right I am. They believe they are entitled to an identity that doesn't suit them, but since they are on the "right" side of the cause they are allowed to play the victim card at all times despite the fact that I am the one being victimized, my identity being hijacked as part of a movement to further support the most exclusive, "inclusive" echochamber I have ever seen.

I did meet a nonbinary that gave me hope about a month ago. They explained how a community needs to forgive, forget or be able to move on in order to call itself a community. This "community" where I was attacked for being "truscum" seems to be not be concerned about being efficient in it's approach to being a support group or actual community.

I really want to be invisible as a transperson. I'm sick of the idea that I'll be lumped into groups of non-binaries latching on to terms that aren't rightfully theirs, even though they think so particulary when they feel they are being suppressed. At the same time, in order to correct their regressive queer agenda I'd have to out myself and be attacked by them with slurs like truscum. Nothing works right as a trans person and that is a reality I am still coping with.

Sorry for the off topic rant.
>>
>>6771213
A hon that was so hon no one could tell they're a hon? What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>6771345
They were so bad at being openly trans that they just looked like a man, I assume.
>>
>>6771258
I'm in English. My biggest fear is actually being told I'm "transmisogynistic" and totally shut down, but I'm hoping my angle is workable. Essentially, as someone the right brand of snowflake at the right time and with a decent springboard, I want to do as much as I can to stem Critical-Theory based SJWist ideology from totally collapsing the understanding of what it means to be trans and handing it over to people who are not.

The dubbing of "transgender" was not something done for "accuracy" but in order to shoehorn feminist Gender Theory into the trans identity in the 80s once blatant TERFism was no longer viable. So, 2nd wave Gender Theory, invented by-and-for upper middle class cis white women, was transplanted onto trans people as a form of literal Orwellian thought-control—I know that probably sounds insane, but it's literally nearly impossible for the development of a sovereign identity for trans people. You, as a human being, are literally defined to your essence by the teachings of fat old dead white women from the 60s, who hated your guts and thought you were "raping Womanhood itself" by existing. These are the people who essentially Holocausted trans people by getting rid of trans health care for 30 years, causing tens of thousands to possibly over a hundred thousand suicides over that period that would not have occurred otherwise. Not to mention feminists are the ones who propagated the "all transwomen are rapists" meme.

I've heard trans people argue that we should remove dysphoria from the DSM because gender is a social construct. That means no health care, again, germinated from feminist ideology via pure coincidence. This shit is worse than ISIS to me. Soon actual trans people will be evil, and "real" trans people with all be tumblr.

I feel like I need to be visible to fight this.
>>
>>6771406
yeah, I'm in philosophy and have been toying with the idea of doing critical theory against that sjw critical theory stuff, but ime people either just don't take you seriously or they try to shut you down as an evil transmisogynist with passing and binary privilege and blah blah blah. the hordes of hons are gonna agree with them, too, because they need that bullshit to make people "accept" them as women. ha.
>>
>>6771469
It's cool to not be alone in this, at least. But yeah, the problem is that we're like .3% of the population, but the faux-trans population is probably 10x our numbers. I think the only way anything can change is by utilizing the rising popularity of the alt-right in order to inject a trans-positive narrative that's also anti-SJW, but I don't know how workable and/or plausible that is.

Regardless, idk. It's a losing battle but I feel like there's a need to fight. Being stealth has been nice, but I can't sit idly by and watch people do this to trans people. Kids with gender dysphoria are going to grow up and have literally no choice but to identify in the ways they're told to. "This is who you are, this is the way you are, fuck the binary, be yourself, fuck HRT" and if any disagree they're going to become pariahs. Idk, shit's just super bad.
>>
>>6771496
In my entire life I've met 4 transpeople and all of them were on or pursuing hrt. I have no idea where you came up with the 10x more number but based on my completely anecdotal evidence it seems likely you just made it up to push your narrative. You sound like an ignorant reactionary who got triggered by a few retards on the internet.
>>
>>6762387
>Second year I applied to live on an LGBT themed dorm floor (liberal big city) and lived with three cis girls (two of which were Tumblr feminists and one of which was pretty much /pol/).
This is a sitcom waiting to happen.
>>
File: braindamage.jpg (57KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
braindamage.jpg
57KB, 600x604px
>>6771577
>based on my completely anecdotal evidence
>>
>>6771623
So can you refute my claim that you made up your facts or are you just going to post reaction images?
>>
File: 1469469987930.gif (687KB, 551x662px) Image search: [Google]
1469469987930.gif
687KB, 551x662px
>>6771640
u got me

seriously, visit like any college campus lgbt group, they're full of snowflakes.
>>
>>6771729
Not that anon but the last time I visited mine it was mostly gay people, 'bi' chicks and a few binary trans people. I've yet to meet a 'snowflake' person IRL
>>
College is great. With everything I'm learning I can tip my trilby and give someone a 20 minute lecture on why they are factually wrong when they use their shitty, "muh chromosomes" excuses for being assholes.

Also I am taking endocrinology to learn more about hormones which is going to be fun.
>>
>>6771729
I dropped out of college now but back in highschool in the lgbt group I went to sometimes all the members were either (presumably) cis gay/les/bi or allies. There was never any identity policing shit just some discussion about global and local lgbt issues and planning for events.
>>
>>6771819
so you're sheltered and not very sharp iow.
>>
>>6771847
okay hon.
>>
>>6771729
Mine is full of snowflakes but some of them are cool people still
>>
>>6770434
Are you on HRT? Do you have supportive friends or a therapist? Those would have kept me somewhat more grounded and made things easier to deal with.

Do you want to talk privately? That would quite likely be helpful (to both of us).
>>
>>6775564
im 8 months on HRT, i have one semi-supportive cis friend and like an online friend and that's it. No therapist, family is a nightmare
I have skype if you want to talk
>>
>>6761510
I began transitioning in high school and only my best friends and a couple others knew. I started T blockers when I was around 15 and HRT once I turned 18. Luckily, I passed before I was on it for the most part (people always gave me shit in elementary and middle school for looking like a girl, I suppose that's only helped me in the longrun.) once my hair grew out enough and I worked on my voice enough, but I needed time to improve further. I ended up going to an extremely liberal university (which I'm still enrolled in) and already had my name and legal sex changed (not physical yet though) and made it my goal to not let anybody know. I've made a lot of subtle implications possibly leading one to the conclusion that I'm cis without actually saying it since it'd be lying. I make implications and let people form their own ideas about me. It's interesting, because this school is extremely fetishistic towards trans people, to the point of seeing tumblr-tier gender variant kids and hons everywhere. Everybody wants a token tranny friend, and I feel I'm in an interesting position since I never let anybody know and I'm treated like an ignorant cishet oppressor piece of shit scumbag by certain people on campus. Another thing I do is feign ignorance with MtF issues and procedures but pretend to know a little bit about FtM stuff (more than normal) as a massive red herring, sort of like how it's weird when a guy knows too much about SRS and is a red flag for being trans.
>>
>>6775743
How do people even get ahold of T blockers so young without parents helping?
>>
>>6778315
I came out to my mom at 13 or 14. She was confused at first, but we went to a clinic when I was 15 and I got blockers. I had to deal with some quack shrinks first, but I ended up getting Lupron. I got lucky. I really did.
>>
>>6778315
By posting cool stories on 4chan.
>>
>>6778328
What school do you go to?
>>
>>6765147
It makes sense Because most of you are beta Transbians and not at all like actual girls
>>
>>6770946
Pathetic
>>
>>6765147
It makes a lot of sense because most transwomen who actually transition at an early age are the children of upper-middle class white center-liberal families. Just as most doctors in west countries are upper-middle class white far-right people, most IT people are white upper-middle class center-right people (a little more modern-thinking, so they go into IT instead of medicine). That's why most people on 4chan support Hitler, but think that the states should be free to decide for themselves whether to emulate Hitler or not. They're IT assholes.

Of course, for a transwoman to be allowed to transition at an early age, and not be kicked of her home as a child, the household must be a little more liberal, so liberal-centrists. They think that everyone should have equal rights, but it's ok to leave it up to state courts to decide if I have rights or not. Because I've not met too many far-left households that have the kind of money needed for transition and college and a positive outlook on life.

Maybe that's why transgrills on 4chan constantly say they've shifted from the left to the right? Because going from left-center to right-center isn't really that much of a stretch, especially for someone with money who got theirs, and so doesn't want anybody else getting theirs.

But mostly transgirls on 4chan are a meme. For every 1 real one, there are 50 assholes from /pol/ trolling.
>>
>>6778873
It sounds like you have something against white people. I'm sorry whites had higher iqs and built better civilizations and invented the majority of modern technology giving them higher levels of wealth. It was inevitable.
>>
>>6761510
>first two semesters
>deans list
>after that free fall to failing then drop out
>became a cripple since then
>can't try again even if I wanted to
not fun desu
>>
>>6778467
It's in the eastern US but I don't want to specify where exactly. I don't wanna give out too many details because I'm stealth.
>>6778348
>implying
>>
>>6775712
My Skype account is [email protected]
>>
>>6781955
>[email protected]
You sure it's that? i think i need a skype username to add you, or just add me:
deadfriend01
>>
>>6780528
>It's in the eastern US but I don't want to specify where exactly.

Me too and that sounds like my school, if it is I'm probably one of the hons you see
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.