[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Body-hair removal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: s-l300.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
What's the best way to remove body hair? I can't afford laserhair removal also I used to self harm and I'd like to avoid that awkwardness. I was thing of getting pic related. Anyone ever try one?
>This is my first time posting here
>pls no bully
>>
Nair can be good if you don't have gorilla hair like me.
>>
>>6736412
do you shave before using that? I'm pretty hairy myself, it sucks because I look twinkish but my bodyhair is full bear mode
>>
>>6736396
Epilating, or waxing, but I think epilating is supposed to be a little better on your skin (because it doesn't rip off some layers).

Home laser/IPL kits do provide you with temporary hair reduction, it's pretty much like epilating/waxing, except more expensive.
>>
>>6736396

Stick with the basics until you can afford laser. Also, try Groupon for huge discounts on laser, it's the one thing Groupon is actually good for.

By basics I mean shaving + Nair. I like to do a really soapy wet shave first, then follow up with Nair. If I use Nair on its own I tend to get razor burn/red patches.

Laser surgery though is absolutely amazing and completely permanent. Once it's done, you're set for life, especially if your skin is pale and your hair is dark - that's optimal conditions to destroy the follicle for good. Don't worry about the self-harm thing, it might embarrass you but the people who will be doing your laser are dermatologists who have had to use that exact same laser to level out self-harm marks. These people have had to laser the hairiest, nastiest buttcracks and manually exfoliate the grossest skin conditions you've seen, you'll be a dream in comparison.
>>
>>6736470

I should add to this, don't buy any expensive gadgets, just save the money for laser. When you have more money you'll want it anyway so don't waste money now.
>>
File: 71hkQnZmj9L._SY679_.jpg (20KB, 303x679px) Image search: [Google]
71hkQnZmj9L._SY679_.jpg
20KB, 303x679px
I'm cis and I got pic related. Split the costs with another friend. Felt it was worth it at 400 total. Considering I did just about my full body and that shit'll cost near 10 gs professionally.

But for the cheaper diy laserhair removal you gotta read up if it's right for you. Works on dark hair + pale skin best, sometimes that's the only way. And it's rather painful so numbing gels and some pain killers before hand helped me. You do shave before using it >>6736430 . It also can take from 6 months to year for full effects. Also full effects doesn't mean complete hair removal. Sometimes it just means thinner hair or less of it.

The bulbs will die out on you and make the whole thing worthless. But me and friend were able to get what we wanted out of it plus a few extra uses till it busted. Some brands come with replaceable bulbs or more uses or different tech.

Not recommended for tattoos. And frankly idk how well it works on dudes and mtfs or ftms cause of hormones. Mine came with warning that if you were gonna go through menopause soon or hormone treatments or pregnancy to not expect lasting effects. Basically it kills that hair growing cells but hormone changes can trigger it to grow again. I'm probably getting the science wrong but I saw a lot of comments from pregnant girls bitching they spent so much and then got knocked up and started getting harry again. So if you have irregular hormones it could just not work as well.

There's less intense lasers, different types and shit. There's also waxing and epiliating. I did epilate for a while but kind of a bitch. Laser is more painful but also quicker.

Still if it works for you there's no regrets. Goddamn did it feel great to not shave this summer. I'm probably gonna buy the smaller tria for touch ups in the future but shit's awesome. Bitches compliment me on my arm pits. I haven't shaved my legs in a year.
>>
>>6736430
You don't shave before applying it, but you may have to shave a bit afterwards. If you're too hairy it might be more trouble than its worth though.
>>
File: 26078622-62859_445x354.jpg (35KB, 445x354px) Image search: [Google]
26078622-62859_445x354.jpg
35KB, 445x354px
>>6736396
I use an epilator
, braun silk epil 9. I must say i have only used it twice so far and it fucking hurts, but realy does work, i went from having to shave my legs ever day, to epilating once a week. So if you can handle the pain i would recommend an epilator.
>>
If you are trans the best way would be to block androgen receptors (spiro, bica, fluta, maybe fina). Cypro might have a problem with it since it block production and if you are sensitive to T you could still get dark body hairs.

But yeah laser hair removal is cool too.
>>
>>6738049
I use the silk epil 7 and it takes me years to epilate even as little as half of my lower legs (battery always dies) and I've used it for months.

How do you do it, I feel like I'm missing something unless you are a girl or on mones.
I should probably just start bica
>>
>>6738249
I use my epil 9 on the low setting and it last about an hour, which is enough to do both legs up to the waist for me. And i am pre-hrt and naturally hairy as fuck, like gorilla
>>
>>6736396
Waxing. if you do it right, youre body hair wont grow back
>>
>>6738249
Eventually the hair stops growing as fast. Been doing it for years and my ass only grows small whispy looking hairs now and I started with a literal Chewbacca ass
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.