[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Christgen/ - Christian LGBT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: cambridge.jpg (230KB, 1280x843px) Image search: [Google]
cambridge.jpg
230KB, 1280x843px
The peace and blessings of God be with you this Sunday!

Feel free to post your

>Denomination
>Gender
>Sexuality
>How was Church today?

And talk with other LGBT faithful!
>>
File: Riverside_Nave.jpg (354KB, 1310x870px) Image search: [Google]
Riverside_Nave.jpg
354KB, 1310x870px
I'll start -

>Denomination

Haven't decided; still planning for Baptism but haven't decided if I'm going to do so in the Episcopal or Catholic church

>Gender

MtF

>Sexuality

Bi

>How was Church today?

Extremely emotional; the Catholic parish I attend had a baptism ceremony, and boy did they do it right. Music, singing, the picture-perfect Catholic family, the adorable baby who hardly uttered a sound through the whole process. I cried.
>>
>Denomination

I consider myself an Essene.

>Gender
>Sexuality

Human concepts I don't identify with. I am spirit and deny my body.

>Church

is within
>>
>/TrollGen/ - Beating a Dead Horse Edition

Report, hide and move on
>>
im sick of the christianity meme
>>
File: 23b.jpg (61KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
23b.jpg
61KB, 599x599px
>>6729779
>>
>>6729777
>Haven't decided; still planning for Baptism but haven't decided if I'm going to do so in the Episcopal or Catholic church

Why would you go through all the effort of converting and then settle on a lax, heretical, and dwindling knockoff of Catholicism? Sure they might be more inclined to accept a trans girl, but you can always settle for them later if the Catholic Church doesn’t.
>>
>>6729834

Cohabitation. I get the Catholic Church's restriction on sex before marriage, but I think its denial of communion to any couple ever living together before marriage, whether or not they have sex, is seriously flawed to say the least, and its not a rule I would intend to keep. To seek baptism in a Church where I do not forsee keeping communion seems wrong.

On the other hand, since I'm down with the other 99.8% of the Church's teachings, I still want to seek a Catholic baptism and then deal cross any cohabitational bridges when and if I come to them.
>>
>>6729793

>Heresy

Not at all. The bible talks about denying our flesh. That means denying your race, heritage, culture, sexuality, gender, and orientation too.

We are not our bodies. We are spirit.

You obviously haven't read the bible correctly.
>>
>>6729859
>[I]ts denial of communion to any couple ever living together before marriage, whether or not they have sex, is seriously flawed to say the least[.]

Is that actually a thing. Are you sure they’re not just condemning cohabitation on the grounds that regular premarital sex is presumed to be implicit in cohabitation?

(Narrows eyes suspiciously.) And are you actually going to be able to cohabit with someone without fucking them? If your relationship is that strong why not just get married anyway?
>>
>>6729881

>Is that actually a thing. Are you sure they’re not just condemning cohabitation on the grounds that regular premarital sex is presumed to be implicit in cohabitation?

The Catholics I've spoken to (admittedly, none of them a priest) have claimed that the prohibition on cohabitation is absolute. A few - not all, but some - even claim that two people of the opposite sex living together is an occasion of sin, and seriously dangerous.

>And are you actually going to be able to cohabit with someone without fucking them?

Between all my hang ups about physical intimacy and my hormone therapy, I've had more trouble *having* sex in previous relationships than avoiding it. Its not an issue of the strength of a relationship, its just a happy accident that I don't sex good.
>>
>>6729902

Hmmmm. I dunno, ask a priesto. Also what are you gonna do when you overcome the intimacy issues? Then it becomes a problem again.
>>
Reminder that your shitty religion is killing gays in Uganda and it pretending to be Christian just because it's edgy is stupid.
>>
>>6730094

No, niggers being niggers is killing gays in Uganda, as it’s doing throughout Africa. They just happen to slap a Jesus sticker on it there. Nice try. Oh and that’s actually a trilby you’re wearing.
>>
>>6730132
Homophobia doesn't happen everywhere in Africa and it hasn't always been in Africa. Homosexuality is not Western thing and happens everywhere in the world. King Mwanga II of Buganda was openly gay and face no hatred from his people til Christianity was brought there.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gay-ugandan-king-proves-that-homosexuality-african-1434416
http://www.arcados.ch/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/MURRAY-ROSCOE-BOY-WIVES-FEMALE-HUSBANDS-98.pdf

>Oh and that’s actually a trilby you’re wearing.
Like I said, don't pretend to be Christian just because you want to be controversial since le fedoras and SJWs annoy you. Alt-right is fedora tier now anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_fdtmegiZY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FURpBheAbCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOcDndO7m4Q
>>
File: 1470624693832.png (10KB, 495x791px) Image search: [Google]
1470624693832.png
10KB, 495x791px
>>6730177
>King Mwanga of Buganda
>>
>>6729769
Lutheran
the only true christians
>>
File: bruh.jpg (19KB, 395x540px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
19KB, 395x540px
>>6730132
>muslims in poor middle eastern countries are bigoted and violent
>christans in africa are also bigoted and violent
>european christians during the middle ages were also these things

poverty has been shown to make people more religious
it's almost like your religion has some homophobic and violent teachings in it that poor uneducated people are more likely to take to heart and act upon.

It is really ignorant and racist to try and pin it on them being black
western =/= christan
just because our society has become more tolerant, peaceful, and accepting doesn't mean there aren't parts of the bible that are exactly the opposite.

This is coming from someone who doesn't even hate Christianity either.
I think there are alot of good parts of the religion as well, but to deny that these people don't have some kind of scriptural backing for there views, even if you believe their interpretation is flawed, is dishonest.

grow up please
>>
>>6730132
also nice no true scotsman fallacy there
tips trilby
>>
>>6729777
>>6729834
Episcopals are fucking psycho hypocrites. They only exist because the king wanted a divorce, and then 400 years later they get their knickers all in a twist because the king wants to marry a divorcee. When the king is the head of the church and is supposed to be able to do whatever he bloody well pleases.
>>
>>6733877
A lot of the No True Scotsman fallacy goes on in religion. The truth is that Christians, Muslims, etc. disagree on just about everything, and this makes it vanishingly unlikely that they're all somehow in contact with the same god. So they move the goalposts and pretend like the only "real" members of their religion are the few who agree with them on everything.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-27-01-44-10-1.png (612KB, 1079x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-27-01-44-10-1.png
612KB, 1079x1016px
>Denomination
Agnostic atheist.

>Gender
Male.

>Sexuality
Bi.

>How was Church today?
Same as usual. Was made to go and play in the church band by my dad. We played our worship set with few slip ups. The pastor laid hands on some obese woman who fell onto the floor while everyone was wildly going "ashalabooshidedede" around her, stombing, dancing, and raising their hands in the air.
I started playing some Primus style bass just for shits and giggles during our set, and everyone thought I caught the holy ghost. Fuck my life.
>>
>>6734055
honestly
have to give the current Pope props for kind of trying to do the opposite and reach across the aisle.
He has been very welcoming to muslim migrants
he has opened back up relations with the orthodox church
and I remember back when he visited America he praised denominations like the Quakers.

As an atheist, I may disagree with him on some philosophical/political issues
but I respect him alot for what he tries to do regarding global poverty and climate change (kind of appalling the Vatican is doing more on that front then the world's leading superpower)
he has brought humility and grace back to the catholic church more then any other pope I would bargain. He truly seems to aim to be what he believes as christ-like.

Not sure how much he is doing on the whole child molestation thing tho.
>>
>>6734102
He's trying to convey the message that the rest of the world knew already: that you don't need to listen to the Pope to be a good person. So that means exactly nothing to the people he's trying to reach out to, and the people already under his thumb are just going to escape out from under it. And given the repugnant policies he continues to support regarding birth control, transfolk, divorce, and protecting child molesters, that's probably for the best.
>>
>>6729769
I'm curious to see what your stance on 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 is.
>>
>>6735771
Having sinful desires and acting on those desires are two very different things.
>>
>le ebin troll thread
when will this meme end?
>>
>Denomination
Church of Christ
>Gender
female
>Sexuality
Lesbian
>How was Church today?
Well yesterday now, but it was nice, nothing too exciting. I've started going again after years of not going and it feels good to be back there. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. The congregation has shrunk down to 60-70 when it used to be 90-100 on average so that's kind of sad.

It's a very conservative denomination and homosexuality is strongly frowned on, but I don't bring it up and as long as no one says anything to me specifically I ignore it. I know that isn't sustainable. I could never get married there and of I came with my hypothetical wife we might be asked to leave. But I went there with my family growing up and I was baptized there so I keep going.
>>
>>6729780
>>6735822
>troll

And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. - Matthew 4:18-19

You're not wrong, anons. :3
>>
>>6729780
>>6730094
>>6729782
>>6735822
Can't we all just get along?
>>
>>6739914
no
>>
File: image_3.jpg (9KB, 232x250px)
image_3.jpg
9KB, 232x250px
I uhhh.... recently experimented with another man. It was my first time. And i think of myself as a good Christian. But i liked it

However there is this thought that i have failed god and have given into temptation. I feel bad.
>>
>>6741646
God will forgive you, as long as you genuinely repent.
>>
>>6741646
Your Semitic blood god isn't actually real and your guilt is purely the result of a sexual taboo originating with prehistoric Hebrews. You have not failed any cosmic entity, you have failed yourself by being ashamed of enjoying the act of love.
>>
>>6729769

>Denomination
Protestant, grew up CRC
>Gender
Female, MtF
>Sexuality
Straight
>How was Church today?
Its tuesday, so no, I didnt go to church today. But a bunch of us are going church hopping in Toronto and we seem to be hitting like, all of the anglican places.
>>
>>6741646
why would god make you gay if that wasn't the way he wanted you to be :^)
>>
>>6734102
>He has been very welcoming to muslim migrants
Yea wonderful, easing Europeans into their own displacement and the displacement of followers of his own religion, but it's okay he still has South and central America as well as Africa, right? The pope is either part of the soulless internationalist clique seeking to destroy borders and societies or he's pitifully parochial and naive.
>he has opened back up relations with the orthodox church
Actually a good thing.
>As an atheist, I may disagree with him on some philosophical/political issues
And here lies the issue, he is trying to appeal to people like you. In attempt to make the church more palpable, he's taking an institution meant to represent that not of this world and making it more worldly. The logical conclusion of this is the Church becoming another secular institution, such as the Church of Sweden.
>>
>>6735808
This, people have a myriad of unhealthy desires, the most evil thing about our time is that popular institutions advocate for people to act on destructive, unhealthy desires. No one said this is a general to hugbox and pretend like homosex is completely compatable with the bible.
>>
File: 1240274778297.gif (78KB, 182x250px) Image search: [Google]
1240274778297.gif
78KB, 182x250px
>>6742808
I disagree
I think everything he has been doing has biblical backing
including things like his views on trannys and abortion and sex etc. that I disagree with.
people often give him or other pope's shit for that stuff, but they are catholic so it's like "what do you expect"
I am not one of those people
>>
File: Torquemada_pin-up.jpg (137KB, 511x622px)
Torquemada_pin-up.jpg
137KB, 511x622px
>>6739914
>Christfags dominate the Western world for almost 2,000 years and brutally persecute queers for all of that time
>the instant that they're not completely dominant in some parts of the developed world, they ask if we can't all just get along

rank cowardice and hypocrisy
>>
>>6734025
Maybe back then. But now its basically Catholic Lite.
>>
>>6745123
>Brutally persecute.

You know I've looked and fail to find any real mention of any homosexual persecution before the 1800s.

In fact I failed to find any mention of homosexuals after Rome fell in western history in that time.

Homosex yes, but not homosexuals.
>>
Your religion isn't real, Christcucks.

>fedora

Read a history book, bunch of stupid cunts.
>>
>>6745190
The difference between persecuting behavior and persecuting people defined by that behavior is purely academic. Identity politics as we know it came to exist relatively recently, but that doesn't mean sexual minorities weren't oppressed before then.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.