[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Your sexual orientation 2. What are your thoughts on pride parades?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 33

File: Pride2015.jpg (85KB, 590x657px) Image search: [Google]
Pride2015.jpg
85KB, 590x657px
1. Your sexual orientation
2. What are your thoughts on pride parades?
>>
File: 9.jpg (63KB, 960x601px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
63KB, 960x601px
>>6717909
gay male
Would be cool if they weren't so degenerate, I guess. I don't really care in the end because all I have to do is not go to it.
>>
>>6717909
Bi male
That shit does way more harm than good
>>
Straight mtf. I don't care about them. I don't go to them. I don't even think about them. Literally only straight people trigger out over pride despite having 355 days a year which they treat as straight pride.

Even the worst shit at pride pales in comparison to the degeneracy I've wIt messed from cis straights.
>>
>>6717909
I used to be triggered by them, when I was younger, but now I don't care. I'm fine with them doing what they want.
>>
>>6717948
>having 355 days a year which they treat as straight pride
Attacks with two sided thinking. It's not very effective.
It's not called a straight parade day if it's just not a lgbt pride day. It's just 355 days of no given fucks, they don't go on the streets and shit
>>
Bi male

Unnecessary and pretty degenerate
>>
Bisexual
Disgusting
>>
File: 2625425700_85917b9fb1_o.jpg (146KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
2625425700_85917b9fb1_o.jpg
146KB, 1024x683px
>>6717976
>I'm fine with them doing what they want
I think a great majority of people agree with this. But there's a certain level of basic decency that everyone gay or not should keep in public.
>>
>>6717909
gay male

Pride parades were formed after the stonwall riots as a celebration of difference and individuality. Fags who talk about it making the whole community look bad are no different than the faggots who said gay activists and protestors fighting for equal rights made them look bad and caused to many waves.

not everyone seeks validation from quarters of society who want you to repent or die, i respect the flamer who rejects conditional acceptance begrudgingly doled out.
>>
Gay female

I hate attending them and choose not to, but I think it's great that they exist. The fact that we have the freedom to celebrate the most ridiculous and outrageous images we can conjure up is pretty amazing, in a world where people are still hanged for simply loving someone of the same sex.
Pride parades can be very grating when, by the fact that they're so eye-catching, they dominate the public idea of what being gay is all about. This can be damaging to queer acceptance both from outsiders, who see it as a load of nonsense, and insiders, who can't relate to anything that's occurring and feel alienated from both sides. But that doesn't mean these people shouldn't be free to let their freak flags fly, and if anything the media (both professional media and our own actions as individuals on social media) should hold themselves more accountable for what stories they choose to push. There are plenty of hum drum queer events for hum drum queers, they just don't get anywhere near as much attention because it's not as glamorous or controversial.
We don't need to dismantle pride in order to make room for these events, because there's plenty of room for all of us. And the fact that there's room for these outrageous weirdos all but guarantees there's no shortage. You don't hang a chandelier unless you have high ceilings.
Instead of in-fighting over this illusion of scarcity, we should remember were all on the same side. So if you do think pride parades are harmful, don't waste your energy trying to dismantle them, just build something even better.
>>
>>6718032
>don't waste your energy trying to dismantle them, just build something even better.
Isn't that ultimately the point? Sure, it's a great thing to march and show your pride in what you are, but the degenerate shenanigans like OP's picture for instance should stop.
The problem is not and will never be with the pride parades themselves, but with some ugly stuff that happens inside them.
>>
File: average summer day.jpg (166KB, 1200x755px) Image search: [Google]
average summer day.jpg
166KB, 1200x755px
>>6717909
>Gay man.
>I like the one in my city.
People complain that the parade, "has become too corporate;" and it can ruin traffic if/when the city is stupid about scheduling roadwork. But I think it's a nice little street festival with decent live music, the local shops go all out trying to get people in their doors with sales, and on top of all that it lets me feel less anxious.

>>6718006
Maybe it's just because I live in a warm climate, but that photo doesn't seem particularly racy.
Pic related is what I, and everyone else, sees on the main street of my town every day. Besides we're allowed to have Mardi Gras parades, and Las Vegas exists, so what's the problem with something like a pride parade getting a little bawdy once a year while helping LGBT people be more visible in cities?
>>
>>6717909
cis lesbian
never been to one, and probably never will unless I find a qt I can go with
>>
Gay male.

>>6718011
This guy sums it up perfectly.
Pride is SUPPOSED to be eye-catching and obnoxious. It was a way to FORCE the world to acknowledge us.
We don't need to do that any more, but that doesn't mean we should stop. Pride is now more of a holiday to celebrate the people who fought and died to earn our right to exist.

It's perfectly fine if you don't want to be a part of the celebration, but pride is important whether you like it or not, and if that bothers you then too bad bitch.
Oh also, people arguing that pride is damaging to the LGBT movement are idiots who know nothing about the movement. Learn your shit before you start proclaiming your opinion as the best.
>>
>>6718068
I agree that they should stop? But the thing is that by law, they don't have to. What do you want to do? Ban parades? Only gay parades? And then what, parades permitted by lgbt associations? Or parades with lgbt people in them? Or just parades can't have x type of clothing?

You say should, but be realistic. What's your policy? You're not exactly making a reasonable deal here.
>>
1.MTF biscum
2.Ive never been and probably wont go.
>>
>>6718119
>But the thing is that by law, they don't have to.
Sorry, i'm not american so i wouldn't know how it works there.
>Ban parades? Only gay parades? And then what, parades permitted by lgbt associations? Or parades with lgbt people in them? Or just parades can't have x type of clothing?
Why do you immediately have to jump at BAN BAN BAN? Is trying to convince people to stop being obnoxious by simple reason not an option?
If i were honest with you i would agree with some regulations for the clothing. Do i think that's reasonable? Yes. Is it possible? Haha, no, because the moment you try to legislate something like that you'll get a huge backlash for being oppressive even though you're just asking them to keep it decent in public.

So what's the right approach? I think it's raising awareness about this issue and making it clear that's not the kind of image we want, and that's something that must come from the LGBT comunity itself.
>>
>>6718134
>Is trying to convince people to stop being obnoxious by simple reason not an option?

I jump to ban, because discussing morally achieves nothing. If you want to talk regulating parades you must talk politics or else it's just wasted breath.

And the thing is, if you want to regulate clothing, are fully clothed parades allowed to exist? And would you have a list of things that are not allowed? What punishments would follow for people who don't follow these clothing regulations?

You have to think realistically. You're saying they wouldn't pass because people think regulating clothing is authoritarian. That's because it is. You can't say "make laws that don't allow x thing" without thinking about execution of that law. If someone breaks it, what are the consequences?

You see where I'm getting here, right?

Also, the awareness thing doesn't work because it is a largely conservative viewpoint. And the lgbt community historically has always been left-wing. So you're proposing that the lgbt community start discussing and perpetuating a moral standpoint that doesn't coincide with its world view.

And now listen, I agree with you. Don't take this as me defending parades. I just want you to see that this struggle against parades is useless and there are indeed more important issues that you could focus on. That, and I'm relatively libertarian. So people can do what they want. I don't want daddy government to tell people they can't have parades if the city and local politicians sanctions the parades.

And here, if you don't like parades, you don't have to agree with them. They get media coverage, but that's a problem with media, not the parade.
>>
Fag
I've never seen one and don't care.
>>
mtf trans and bisexual

I certainly don't hate them, but I hate the idea that because I'm a transwoman that I'm obligated to be involved by people who know me. My goal as a transwoman is to be, well, transparent, to pass, not to flaunt being a transwoman or whatever. I want to be stealth, and associating myself with this stuff won't help.

Same goes for pride culture in general.
>>
>>6718167
Yes. You sum it up well, I think people really have a tendency to want to just ban things they don't like.
>>
>>6718254
Exactly. It's the same discussion with gun laws desu. I'm not /k/gbt, nor will I ever be because I think weapons are dangerous things and I don't want to ever be near one if I can avoid it. But that doesn't mean sane, responsible people who follow the rules shouldn't be allowed to have them, right?

Same thing with parades basically. We don't agree with them. But people can have them provided they don't break the law.

And here, if someone does something illegal at a pride parade, they should receive punishment. If the parade prevents the individual from receiving punishment, then they can be held accountable. That's when you can start legally acting against parades, if you truly think they're such an issue.
>>
>>6717909
lesbian
Honestly, I don't really like them, why do so many of them have to be half naked and looking crazy and everything? Only way you'd spot me at one is if my girlfriend drags me, and she doesn't seem to care for them either. I think gay pride parades are one of the reasons homophobia still persists.
>>
1. Gaymosexual
2. I hate them. They allegedly represent gay people, but I don't feel represented by them; I just feel marginalised and stereotyped. They're the kind of thing I'd imagine a homophobic organisation envisioning for a propaganda leaflet.
Even if they weren't like that, why do they exist? I can get married, adopt kids, and buy cake wherever in my own country; what are they even fighting for?
>>
>>6718272
Homophobia, where? You mean in people? If you mean people saying they don't like gays, that's not homophobic. That's just people wasting their breath on things that don't make any difference any way. If you mean people physically assaulting gay people for being gay, or otherwise, that's a criminal offense and they will be put in jail. So actually, we have ways how Homophobia is acted against, rather than for. Just because it exists doesn't mean it has a negative impact on society. Let homophobia exist for all I care.
>>
>>6718279
>what are they even fighting for?

Where do you get the impression that they're fighting? The idea behind gay parades is "no shame". As in, stripping away shame that may be associated with your sexuality.

It's a free country. If people want to have parades why do you feel bothered or misrepresented by that. Apparently enough people feel represented, or at least comfort when attending them. So they take place. Parades are a severe case of don't like, don't look.
>>
>>6718134
>making it clear that's not the kind of image we want
wait, who's we?
>>
>>6717909
Im bi mtf, and while I personally don't care for the one in my city (I think its just become a big corporate sponsored spectacle for straight people to ogle at) I strongly disagree with the respectability politics of trying to get rid of them. I don't see it as any different from liberals saying things like "You have to respect the name of Mohhammad" or whatever, your judging people based on someone else 's stupid religious morality.
>>
>>6718287
>stripping away the shame
By being colourful, naked degenerates in the middle of the street?
>If people want to have parades why do you feel bothered or misrepresented by that?
Mainly because they claim to represent me... when they don't...
It's also because of the impact it has. Lemme greentext an abridged conversation:
>Dad: "Anon, are you gay?"
>Me: "Why do you ask?"
>Dad: "I just hope you aren't. I walked past those pride parades today. Those faggots are sick; why are they all like that?"
>Me: "No, of course not..."
Thanks to them claiming that gay pride parades represent all gays, my parents can't separate the behaviour from the sexual orientation in their minds, and have a fixed idea of LGBT that may never change. I'm a full-time student and don't have enough hours in the week during term time to earn a liveable wage and study enough for a passing grade, so I'm financially dependent on them (and if they disown me, I either give up my lifelong dream or starve to death on the street).
My parents will never get to meet my bf and I'm going to have to date in secret for the next eight years at the least because of these parades, but at least some people got to have fun by dancing around like degenerates, proclaiming that I am one of them to the world.
>>
>>6718068
>but the degenerate shenanigans like OP's picture for instance should stop.
Why?
>>
>>6718283
>Let homophobia exist for all I care.
homophobia can be pretty terrible without people being physically attacked. on a small scale, it doesn't really matter. if lots of businesses refuse business to LGBT it starts to become a problem. if LGBT people are being refused for jobs and houses in a decent scale it becomes a problem.
>>
>>6718283

> I don't feel homophobia affects me, so I'm not even going to acknowledge that it might affect others

Hearing that your friend's great-aunt isn't fond of gay people isn't the same as having a closeted teenager hear that gay people are "degenerates who should be hanged", and much worse, from their own immediate family, and then attempt suicide or seek "reparative therapy" because of it.

> people saying they don't like gays, that's not homophobic

I suppose people saying they don't like black people isn't racist either then.
>>
>>6718310
looks like you soaked up the attitude of your parents. that would at least explain why your throwing around the word degenerate like it means anything. i don't know your parents but instead of indulging in the same irrational hate against people making use of their freedom of expression you could try to explain to them that pride parades do not exist to depict the daily lifestyle of the participants and then show them that gays can be respected members of society just like you. don't blame other people for your inability to stand up for yourself.
>>
>>6718110

Different anon and I fully agree, but in fairness, just because it was important once, does that really mean it's important now? There was once benefit in being loud and in everyone's face, but is it important to continue that now that we've gained that initial acknowledgement? Or should it be considered to have accomplished it's goal, and be hung up to make room for a new phase of pride to suit the modern era?
I mean, the straight people witnessing these parades will be even less invested in their history than the LGBT people who think they're damaging, so who are the parades really for?
Are they still important for accomplishing things, or is it now more of a celebratory historical tradition, like fireworks on new-years?

Again, I do agree with you, so I'm not arguing. I'm just trying to think it out and actually understand it rather than just feeling it.
Personally, I would say I think it's still important in the spirit of historical tradition if nothing else. Even if it annoys some people, it keeps some really important history alive, history that a lot of people would be eager to forget. I mean, I'm not sure I'd know dick about LGBT history if it wasn't for being annoyed by pride parades and reading up about them to figure out why they were seemingly intent on making me suffer, and now I appreciate the fuck out of them. But what's the numbers game there? Maybe there are more people being turned off than brought around.
But, and maybe this is projection, I kind of feel like any LGBT person who can't at least appreciate pride parades probably has to work through some of their own shit still. Especially anyone who resents them for 'making us look bad', because that's just bowing to the prejudiced. So if they're annoyed, maybe that's a good thing, and they'll either come around eventually or they just aren't worth pandering to.

Sorry for rambling.
>>
>>6718316
I don't acknowledge homophobia on a political level. That's true. Because on a political level it doesn't exist.

On a social level it obviously exists. But individual fates and circumstances have little to do with me, don't they? Also, child abuse is illegal. And until a child is 18 parents are responsible for their children so throwing them out is illegal. So a child coming out despite their parents hating gays doesn't enable them to cast away their child, nor does it enable them to hurt it. Both of those things are already illegal. Again, instances where hate crime is illegal.

Now, if parents disown their child because they are queer, that's their decision. You may not agree with it, and we may try to convince them otherwise. But ultimately we can't use force to eradicate hate. That's not moral, or right. No tolerance of intolerance is still intolerance, right?

Continuing this argument, you mentioned gay parades increasing and creating homophobia because of the negative image they project of gay people. However, that's not a problem of parades. That's a problem of people. Likening gay parades to guns again, parades don't bash gays. People bash gays. Parades shouldn't seize to exist just so people don't create biases.

And I am of the opinion that privately stating you don't like x race or sexuality is in effect, not any kind of phobic, or racist. In affect it may hurt someone's feelings. But that just so happens to be something you and me can't do anything against. You can get upset about it, but ultimately I would rather spend my energy getting upset about realer issues.
>>
>>6718315
>if lots of businesses refuse business to LGBT it starts to become a problem. if LGBT people are being refused for jobs and houses in a decent scale it becomes a problem.

Where does this happen? Can you show me instances? Last I checked businesses and corporations have the common sense to hire people with a skill set fit for the job. Not random straight white bloke no. 246783 right? Or have people in their apartment that can pay the bill. What do you think we should do? Force businesses and housing marketers to accept people of x and x? Businesses retain the right to refuse service, sadly. If they use this right to be idiotic and lose profit, their fault.
>>
>>6718251
It helps your image in the broader sense by creating more acceptance for you and people like you. It doesn't help your image in an individualistic way.
>>
>>6718310
>By being colourful, naked degenerates in the middle of the street?

Why are you pretending as if I disagree with you on this? I am just telling you what the idea is, as explained by lgbt community leaders and figures.

At that, some conversation you had with your dad doesn't mean anything. It just means that your dad is stupid and can't look past biases and generalisations. His parenting obviously failed in certain aspects if you're too afraid to out yourself to him and explain to him that sexuality and political views don't share causality.

To sum this up. Using the degenerate buzzword and giving me anecdotal evidence of irrational human behavior as reason to infringe upon the right of citizens to have parades is absurd.

Have a nice day.
>>
>>6718134
>making it clear that's not the kind of image we want
Apparently it is, since we do it multiple times a year all over the world and everyone has a great time.

But hey, you want a well-dressed parade? Great! You're free to look into organising one! Maybe start small and get a suitably themed float into an existing parade to generate interest and gather support, etc. Even if it doesn't gain significant traction, you'll probably find a nice pocket of likeminded people at least. But there's literally no need to piss on anyone else's parade by putting regulations on what they're allowed to do. Them dressing up in a way that you find objectionable doesn't take anything from you, so why should you try to take anything from them?

Pride parades exist as they do now because the people who are putting the work in covet that image. If you want to covet a different one, you have to put your own work in. You can't just nudge and regulate and hope everyone else will change their schtick for you. They're doing what they want to do, and it's up to you to do what you want to do.
>>
Bi male

Just more slave morality garbage, like all demonstrators they should be beaten with rods
>>
>>6718385
This post is cohesive and makes sense. One of the few posters I agree with.
>>
Bi mtf.
I didn't care for them but went to London pride this year and had a great time.
>>
>>6717909
1. pansexual pangender
2. Why should I be opposed to people having fun? It makes no harm at all and bi sluts can go to hell
>>
>>6718373
don't just jump to conclusions. i didn't say it happened on a large scale. i said the attitude of "just let homophobia be" is bad. businesses always have a person checking the possible employees. that person can be homophobic and a strict hiring on skill sets doesn't exist. lots of people who apply for apartments can pay the bill.
i don't know about america but in germany such laws exist already. if you reason that you are refusing people for their race or gender that person can sue you, at least for jobs. i don't know about housing stuff desu.
i think the usual stuff should be done: raising awareness, information, and exposure through relatives and friends who are LGBT. i do think the anti-discrimination laws are useful to a certain degree.
>>
>>6717909
Gay, Male

I attend pride, but I don't wear outfits. Here's why.

There are a lot of people who wish that people would act differently in the parade. If you want to be represented a certain way, go to the parade and represent yourself. Spread your beliefs and values to pride-goers, lgbt and straights. You are responsible for yourself. Don't blame others and quit playing victim.

Pride IS important. There is so much homophobia, and it does help increase peoples exposure to lgbt people who previously wouldn't have that exposure. The exposure is much more important than trying to appease conservatives who don't like racy outfits and probably hated lgbt people based on principle beforehand. Getting rid of the racy outfits won't change radical anti-gay people's minds. There is a fear of the unknown, and the more people are exposed to something the more they are okay with it or even like it. It's Psychology 101.

It's not only important for representation to "the straights." It's important for lgbt people (especially young and impressionable lgbt) to feel accepted that they have a parade. Please, if you feel like pride parades offend you, either don't attend and pay them no mind, or try to get involved and change them. Please don't complain about them and attribute to the straight anti-gay narrative that we are degenerates. We aren't. And the costumes don't make us degenerate, they make us strong and proud of our heritage.
>>
>>6717909
MtF biscum
In my area they are nothing but gay men sexing it up and being degenerates while excluding the rest of the light people. It's literally all just attention whore gays making a mock of their sexuality and of others.
But i mean I just don't go to them, problem solved. I think they do more harm than good though.
>>
>>6718386
this post makes no sense at all.
>>
>>6718415
>trans whore
>calling other people "degenerate"
kek
>>
>>6718368

> Because on a political level it doesn't exist.

What? You can oppose anti-discrimination bills BASED on your hatred of gay people. That's political action motivated by homophobia. In other words, political homophobia. Same goes for the Russian anti-propaganda law and all that crap.

> But individual fates and circumstances have little to do with me, don't they?

What does this have to do with anything I've said? I'm not even asking you to care or do anything about homophobia affecting individual fates. I'm just asking that you acknowledge it does.

Also, do you seriously think being thrown out is the worst thing that can happen to you? In a lot of case, it's probably the best thing that can happen to you. The long-term emotional abuse will often be far more damaging than being thrown out and going to an LGBT shelter. And it might be illegal (it isn't everywhere) but it still happens in a lot of cases, so either the adequate government agencies need to take better action (and we need to campaign for that to happen), or the legislature needs to act to stop that kind of abuse.

> you mentioned gay parades increasing and creating homophobia

No I haven't, >>6718316 was my first post in this thread. If you want my opinion on prides, you can read http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/6453189, more specifically >>6453300.

> privately stating you don't like x race or sexuality is in effect, not any kind of phobic, or racist

And I'm arguing that it is. Obviously you're not going to react and deal with it the same way if your aunt says it at a family meeting than if X politician says it, because it doesn't have the same reach and the same implications (your aunt states her own opinion, the politician actually seeks to represent people and have power). You're not going to strong-arm your aunt into liking gay people, what you can do about it is engaging in a discussion. But in both cases it's still homophobia, because you dislike gay people.
>>
>>6718310
>because of these parades,
No, because your parents are prejudiced.
Your parents know you. If they let some distant image of a parade held by strangers change the way they view their own son whom they've raised since birth, then they're fucking morons. The parades didn't do that. If the parades didn't exist, it'd just be something else. "It's a sin, it's a slippery slope, I just don't like it, they're all promiscuous drug users, they spread AIDS, Neil Patrick Harris is annoying" etc.

People with prejudices don't need excuses, they look for them.
If a black guy punches me in the face and I take it out on the next black guy I meet, that's not Black#1 causing racism, that's just me being racist.

But I am sorry for your situation, and maybe the only way pride can serve your right now is to be your scapegoat to get you through. It's easier to blame a distant boogeyman rather than holding your parents accountable while you're still under their thumb. And I mean that genuinely, I'm not going to try and change your mind if this is how you need to see things right now. But just some food for thought, and I do hope you come around some day and become comfortable with the fact that you can't control what people indirectly associated with you are going to do. All you can do is cultivate the confidence to challenge the people who'll use those judgements against you, when you have the independence to risk doing do. So godspeed, friend.
>>
>>6718428
This guy knows what he's talking about. Please listen.

Homophobia is a problem that persists. If it doesn't affect you, then I'm glad. Our movement is making progress, but don't claim it doesn't happen at all.
>>
File: 24234.jpg (705KB, 1899x1007px) Image search: [Google]
24234.jpg
705KB, 1899x1007px
1. Gay
2. They're great, they bring all kinds of people together in the name of love, they bring money to cities and that wat to entire society. I don't like the most explicit sexual stuff you see in American Prides but we don't have that. I know for one that people in countries where homosexuality is illegal get hope when they see Pride in Western countries. Because they know somewhere out there is people who don't hate their entire existence. Last Pride I went with refugees who did this for the first time in their life, seeing the happiness of a person who grew up in oppressive culture and can now live free is great.
>>
>>6717909
Straight but curious male

I say that they are welcome, closest family members are bi or "pansexual a-romantic" (one case)
>>
>>6718428
>That's political action motivated by homophobia.

Fair enough, I concede my initial point. You can oppose anti-discrimination bills or hate crime laws out of homophobic motivation. That still means the laws already exist. Ergo, they are anti-homophobic. So the current political condition is not homophobic.

Your second point. I acknowledged that social homophobia exists? Why are you implying I didn't?

Also, homophobia existing doesn't make it legal. If you show me a vase of obvious homophobia I will of course agree with you. For example the Orlando shooting. But what kind of legislature do you want to put in place to prevent it from happening? Make homophobia illegal? Hate crime already is a thing, again. And parental abuse is also, already illegal. If you want to make emotional abuse illegal, you are getting into incredibly grey territory, because you would have to exactly define what constitutes emotional abuse, as well as measure levels of effects it has on individuals. Which is nearly impossible and would probably require excessive intrusion of the government into the lives of people who are accused of homophobia by their children or friends of children, or other adults.

>And I'm arguing that it is.

I can tell. But saying words is not an action that infringes upon people's rights and can therefore not be policed. And consequentially, has not political weight and can not be discussed on a political level.

On a social level, sure. It's homophobia. But I would argue that the entire left centered media is doing extreme work to create pro-queer atmospheres and increasing acceptance of gays, trans and other minorities, right? You would argue they don't do enough? That's a discussion we can have. But it's not a political discussion as there are no laws or legislations that can increase "acceptance" and "tolerance" without turning authoritarian.
>>
>>6718411
>the attitude of "let homophobia be" is bad

That's not my attitude. My attitude is don't paint a Homophobic world and act as if it exists everywhere and that everyone is out to get you. If there are instances that are homophobic, I will agree. Show me a policy that disproportionately disadvantages queer people and we can have a discussion. But if you simply claim homophobia is out there and fabricate stories and say "this happened once, therefore homophobia exists everywhere" is stupid. That's my point.

Next we get to housing. I refuse to believe finding housing as a gay couple is impossible because everyone is homophobic. Show me where people continuously refuse gay couples. Show me a business that outright refuses to hire gays. Then I will agree with you. But that would STILL not mean there have to be legislations that FORCE people to serve people they don't want to serve. If you don't want to rent YOUR property to specific people, then that's YOUR business. That is a hateful thing to do, sure. I don't argue that. But I will not accept the idea that we need the government to legislate these things.
>>
>>6718503
You sound like heterosexual dog shit. You should kill yourself immediately for being evil you infection.
>>
>>6718509
Im the poster.

Ilu dogshit anon. Keep doing what you're doing. I was wondering where you went the past couple of weeks/months. Didn't see you around much.

Much love and good vibes to my favorite lgbt poster <3
>>
>>6718512
Heterosexuals bore me. Since you all always sound the same 24/7, 12 months a year, I can only take so many months before I need a break from your worthless Christian whining.
>>
>>6718492
Okay, I'm a different poster from who you were responding to.

But i strongly disagree. Being able to oppose human rights of gays is homophobia. Especially when it's a popular enough position that a politician would hold it. That itself means that homophobia not only exists, but is rampant. It should be an extremely unpopular opinion to hold, but it's not. It's fucking thrown in our faces daily, and that heavily influences lgbt people.

>>6718503
I'm just going to point out, that this is about the parades. Which decrease social homophobia. I don't think he wasn't talking about making new laws against homophobia, only you were. The parades are about social contexts.

You are bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>>6718520
Tru tru. I'm super straight alpha male even though I get fucked in the ass by my boyfriend.

I'm boring af.

You're doing jahwe's work desu anon. I genuinely like what you do. Especially to a lot of /pol/posters. Hope you have a great time and honor lgbt more consistently.
>>
>>6718538
How many more times do you think you'll need to shitpost your sarcasm before I believe you don't worship Jesus Christ like the bitch you are?
>>
>>6717909
Gay male

Pride parades are literally by straight people for straight people so they can publically flaunt how "accepting" they are of sexual minorities and how progressive their city/country/state is.
That literally none of them would ever associate with an lgbt person outside that moment let alone stand up for them, well who cares about lgbt people when you have an unwarranted ego to inflate?
>>
>>6718542
It's honestly not sarcasm. Sarcasm is for mothers and nerds.

I think it was an anon who hypothesized why you do what you do. It was something about being fed up by /pol/acks and Christians continuously shitting up this board and other discussions about lgbt issues. And the anon said he can understand why someone would go to such lengths to shitpost like you do. Simply out of frustration and desire to get back at all the idiots. And the dogshit christcuck thing really does rile up a ton of people. Especially homos with internalized homophobia.

So you can shitpost back because it's what you do. But know you have my support.
>>
>>6718549
>Tru tru. I'm super straight alpha male even though I get fucked in the ass by my boyfriend.
not sarcasm
>>
>>6718550
Huh, I concede. Didn't think of it as sarcasm because it wasn't supposed to be snarky. Second half of that and last post were genuine though.

Godspeed to you nonetheless. I find you very entertaining.
>>
>>6718549
You're just a worthless little piece of shit. If you disliked /pol/ like you claim to, then you would be shitting all over them, but I don't see any of that unless I post it. If you gave a shit about homosexuals internalized homophobia, you'd be telling them to quit sucking up to the worthless heterosexual scum, instead of trying to get me to think of the poor homosexual children. If you gave a shit about the poor homosexual children, you'd be warning them of the dangers of Christians like I do.

But like all of your heterosexual Christian kind, your worthless to the Nth degree. That's why the only time you'll act like you're allied with a homosexual is when you're sarcastically trying to dank me with a doubles meme.
>>
>>6718553
I'm not the dog shit anon, i was just defending him
>>
>>6718559
That's some weak gaslighting you tards. Don't you think I can tell the difference between my posts, and the posts of some Christ cucks?
>>
>>6717948
Bi here and I think you're full of shit tranny. Faggots are the most degenerate fuckers out there.
>>
>>6718567
Wut.

I posted>>6718550
and >>6718559

None of the other ones.

Read it from my perspective and see if you make any sense.
>>
>>6718579
I'm not going to assume that you were telling the truth just because you tell me to. Whether you posted just those two posts or not is irrelevant, you're just a gaslighting little Christian tard bitch. Your kind are easy to spot. And I don't read from the perspective of trash.
>>
>>6718558
If you're being genuine:

Why and how are Christians the real danger? Enlighten me fampai. I've also advocated for the gay parades in this thread. Just argued some viewpoints on homophobia that I disagree with.

If you're not genuine:

>harder mommy
>>
>>6718598
>begging the question
>>
File: I support this post.png (302KB, 499x363px) Image search: [Google]
I support this post.png
302KB, 499x363px
>>6718558
>>
File: WHAT A MEME.png (71KB, 913x892px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT A MEME.png
71KB, 913x892px
>>6718588
God damn it I was defending you. kys
>>
>>6718492

> That still means the laws already exist.

No, every law is debated in Parliament before it's passed, and people oppose them before they are passed as well. Even then, it doesn't have to be opposition to an existing law, it can also be opposition to any law being passed on this matter.

> So the current political condition is not homophobic.

I don't think it's as clear-cut as you think. You can have anti-discrimination in housing, but not in jobs, for example. It's a very complex system, and you can't imply that the climate isn't homophobic just because laws tackle some specific forms of homophobia. You can just say it's not AS homophobic as other countries where even these specific forms aren't tackled.

> Why are you implying I didn't?

That was the general feeling I got from your posts. You seemed to downplay it, for example giving the impression that laws against parents throwing minors out of their home are enough to tackle homophobia within the family sphere. I'm sorry if I misunderstood it.

> Make homophobia illegal?

No, but we can make it an unpopular opinion. Legislative action for equality that's left to take is quite limited in most developed countries where marriage is legal. The action that's left to take is cultural and largely can't be addressed by repression. Laws won't change that, peer pressure will. That's why representation in pop culture is important, and why people being out is even more important. The uniqueness of the LGBT community is that we're randomly distributed among straight people. It's a weakness because of the isolation at the start, but it's a strength because we get to change attitudes from within once we're out of the closet.

> But it's not a political discussion

Politics =/= laws. You can discuss social issues without creating laws to address them. You can have initiatives like Queer History Month, to inform people. Everything doesn't have to go through repression, it can also go through education.
>>
>>6718531
>Being able to oppose human rights of gays is homophobia.

Homophobic motivation is homophobic. Arguing that anti-discrimination laws infringe upon the rights of businesses and private services is not.

And the only person I have met who was in favor of getting rid of anti-discrimination laws was a converted muslim.

>You are bad and you should feel bad.

Why? I've argued against parades the entire time. I just disagree with some opinions about homophobia and its extent in today's society. My first post in this thread was calling someone out for wanting to tell people they can't have parades.

I can disagree with you on homophobia but still support parades, y'know. I don't get this all or nothing. Either I'm completely on your side or not. Is that it? Because I disagree. I'm still for gay pride parades, or at least against people wanting to ban them (despite me not agreeing with their execution and celebration). But I can STILL disagree with people on the social cause and effect of these parades.

Like what the hell. Why should I feel bad again? Remind me.
>>
File: 1469893030147.jpg (212KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469893030147.jpg
212KB, 1200x800px
1. faggot

2. I am incredibly uncomfortable with men and women stripping naked and exposing themselves to children, aka being pedophiles
>>
>>6718531
>It should be an extremely unpopular opinion to hold, but it's not.
What did you honestly expect?
That people like us?
That people consider us equal human beings?

Literally how?
>>
>>6718610
>No, every law is debated in Parliament before it's passed
>I don't think it's as clear-cut as you think.
I misunderstood the law entirely.
That was my bad, I concede my point entirely. You are right about this.

>You seemed to downplay it, giving the impression that laws against parents throwing minors out of their home are enough to tackle homophobia within the family sphere.
I was arguing that you can not create legislations that eradicate homophobia from homes and society. It's simply impossible. Mainly because that would be incredibly authoritarian and in effect, probably unconstitutional. Therefore, I don't think you can argue homophobia on a political level. On a social, sure. That's a discussion you can have. What kind of social movements you can have and what kind of actions you can take to change the social climate of a country is an entirely different conversation though. One that I'm willing to have. And one that I'm in favor of. (again, I am pro gay parades).
We can make it an unpopular opinion, indeed. That's something that is in the interest of a lot of lgbt people.

>You can have initiatives like Queer History Month
An initiative, I, for example disagree with. Because I think it doesn't have desirable consequences to the social climate that go in favor of lgbt people. The forceful education of what queer history is and how it went down is extremely iffy. Especially setting it as one specific month.
And then there's a strongly revisionist cycle of the political left that create extremely one-sided history curricula. I am also against that. Stonewall, for example, is something I think should be included in any curriculum because it was a historic event. But I don't want the commentary to be excessively pro-lgbt. I just want people to know what happened.
I'll stop myself there, because this discussion is an extremely expansive one that we could lead over several hours. But it's definitely not a discussion I'm unwilling to have.
>>
Bisexual male

Pride parades have never had anything to do with me.
I wouldn't fit in.
>>
>>6718613
>the only person I have met
It's already been said that your personal experience =/= lgbt experience

I'll spell it out a little simpler for you.
The fact that many politicians hold anti-gay opinion is evidence that it is at least semi-popular opinion to pander to.
ergo homophobic ideas are popular
ergo we are living in a homophobic society.

Again you are completely focused on laws and politics and trying to move the conversation to that. IT"S NOT ABOUT THAT. It's about social situations and trying to make homophobia less rampant in social situations.

>Me: Parades make social situations better
>You: Irrelevant shit about how there doesn't need to be more laws
>Me: K but like there's clearly homophobia when there are arguments about the laws being had
>You: Nope more shit about laws. You can't control people etc.
>Me: Goddamn it, that's why you make social situations better.
>You: Moar about laws
>Me: ...

>Why should I feel bad again? Remind me.
I explained it, but i'll explain it again. It's 'cause you're bad.

>>6718627
We are moving in that direction even though it's not reality at the moment.

Anyways i'm done arguing with you for right now. Clearly we disagree on literal everything because you're homophobic. And you have more wind than me to talk for hours and hours. Argue with this guy some more I guess. He's really smart and I haven't disagreed with a single thing he has said. >>6718610.

Bye.
PS i hate you homophobe. :)
>>
>>6718623

That's not paraders exposing their bodies to children, that's parents exposing their children to inappropriate events.
Might as well chastise an R rated movie for containing sex/violence because a parent brings their child to see it.
>>
File: 1469435882133.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469435882133.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>6718686
>standing in the middle of the public sidewalk
>suddenly look to me left
>some guys asshole is literally bare in the middle of the street for everyone to see
>WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE WALKS IN PUBLIC IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE MENS BARE ASSHOLE HUH DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT HUH??? yeah didn think so ....
>>
>>6718686
It depends on if the parade is supposed to be family friendly or not. Was this at Folsom Fair or similarly R rated event? Then I think that's a valid point. If this was at an all ages pride parade, then yeah this type of stuff needs to stop.

But I have no idea. Does anybody have the source of the photo?
>>
>>6718692

It's a fucking parade, how hard is it to avoid? Shit, the hard part is breaking through the crowd and getting any sort of view.

But hey, maybe you live in bumfuck nowhere and your idea of a pride parade is just 3 fags in assless chaps skipping down the street blasting Lady Gaga from their leakiest pair of earphones for half an hour, in which case, fair enough.
>>
>>6717909
>1. Your sexual orientation
Cis faggot

>2. What are your thoughts on pride parades?
Psychological reactance: http://www.sicotests.com/psyarticle.asp?id=65 People of any creed or background will respond to perceived threats against their behavioral freedoms by affirming those behaviors as loudly and spitefully as possible. Pride events are just an example of this type of reaction. BLM is another. The Tea Party is another.

Psychological reactance sometimes works in a group's favor, but sometimes not. Pride events possibly elicit negative reactions in individuals who believe that LGBT groups are trying to suppress anyone else's right to have beliefs or opinions that may be contrary to LGBT movements. So these very events will invoke psychological reactance from opposing groups.

On the other hand, groups like Westboro probably create sympathy for LGBT rights simply through their outlandish behavior. If a group shows up at your son's funeral and insists your son is burning in hell for being a "fag enabler," it's a good bet you may find yourself sympathizing with gay rights if only to spite Westboro.
>>
>>6718645

> I was arguing that you can not create legislations that eradicate homophobia from homes and society.

And I didn't disagree on that point. I think you can mostly have laws that limit the blatant effects of homophobia, like discrimination in housing, jobs, or violence (whether physical or in speech). The most obvious comparison I can find is the AIDS epidemic (first I'll have to recommend How to Survive a Plague, great documentary) : there was a large mass hysteria around the virus, people being thrown from their homes, losing their jobs, suffering from widespread physical violence. Like for homophobia, the legislative kind of action they could use was mostly limited to managing the adverse effects of the hysteria (you can't BAN the virus, it doesn't make any sense). So politically, they did both (with a lot of kicking and screaming) : fighting against the symptoms (the hysteria) in legal terms, and against the cause (the epidemic) in medical ways.

That's exactly the same thing here: you fight against the violence of homophobia legally, and you fight against homophobia itself culturally. It's a multi-level fight that's very complex, but also very much political.

As for Queer History Month, perhaps the way they built it wasn't the best, but my main point was that it's also through education that attitudes can change, and that's also somewhere politics can play a major role. Encouraging educators to talk about gay people in history might not even mean they have to talk about obscure people, they can just casually talk about famous figures' personal lives: Shakespeare wrote countless homoerotic lines, same for Auden, Foucault, Da Vinci, Dinckinson, Turing, Tchaikovsky, Rimbaud, Verlaine, Oscar Wilde, Proust, Thomas Mann, Socrates, Plato, Alexander The Great, and these are just a few. Every culture has many famous queers to pick and choose, most of them are already being taught in schools, but people don't know they're gay. That'd be an initiative.
>>
>>6718685
>It's already been said that your personal experience =/= lgbt experience
My anecdotal evidence isn't worth any less than someone else's anecdotal evidence. If you want to hold them to different values because one fits your narrative and the other doesn't. Fine by me, but that's a fallacious argument to be made.

Also, let me reply to you non-condescendingly. Politicians holding anti-gay opinions does not mean anything. They can believe in the great spaghetti monster or that the earth is flat for all I care. It begins to matter when homophobic or sexist laws are made. I have yet to see laws that are designed to disproportionately disadvantage queer people. The only law I can think of is the bathroom law. And that discussion has been misconstrued to the nth degree.

Also, you shoehorning me and twisting my words doesn't mean anything. I am trying to hold a political conversation and yes, indeed trying to make it about policies and laws. Because those are the things that ultimately govern our lives. Not the opinion of some biblethumping hilbilly.

>I explained it, but i'll explain it again. It's 'cause you're bad.

Unreasonable and not an argument.
>>
>>6718700
>shop I want to visit is on the same street
>house I live in is on the same street
>workplace is on the same street
>literally anywhere a high functioning normal member of society need access to is on the same street
>how is it hard to avoid hurr durr

sounds like you're a low functioning member of society who has no concern for anyone but themselves
>>
>>6718712
>That's exactly the same thing here: you fight against the violence of homophobia legally, and you fight against homophobia itself culturally. It's a multi-level fight that's very complex, but also very much political.

I can agree with this. But I think the cultural fight turns to wrong when it starts trying to force people to hold opinions. As an example, hollywood is a place you will not succeed in if you don't agree with a lot the things lgbt people want. And that in effect, is discrimination.

I also agree with having homosexuality brought up in schools.
>>
File: 1431198784719.jpg (64KB, 715x560px) Image search: [Google]
1431198784719.jpg
64KB, 715x560px
>>6718686
>that's parents exposing their children to inappropriate events.
It's literally in public. Have some standards and decency.
>>
>>6718726

Motherfucker, I live in Sydney, my idea of a pride parade is the fucking mardi gras, you aren't getting anywhere near that shit if you don't start camping out on the street the morning after the previous one. The notion of being able to get anywhere near the same street a pride parade is on is utterly alien to me.

Like I just clearly said, if you live in bumfuck nowhere, if getting in to see the parade at all isn't a struggle for you, then you probably have a point. If you really haven't managed to comprehend that yet, you're the retard here.
>>
>>6718745
>The notion of being able to get anywhere near the same street a pride parade is on is utterly alien to me.

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>6718745
>My advice for avoiding pride parades is better!
>>No, mine is!
>No, mine is!
>>No, mine is!

>The thread
>Number 6717909

>P.S. You'd better avoid pride parades, or Jesus will get you!
>>
>>6718757

What point? The one that I already agreed with twice?
>>
>>6718720
Okay fine

>Unreasonable and not an argument.
It was a generic insult from like 3 replies ago no reason to keep talking about it.

>let me reply to you non-condescendingly
Proceeds to condescend

>shoehorning me and twisting my words
like how you have been doing with me the entire conversation?

>I am trying to hold a political conversation and yes, indeed trying to make it about policies and laws. Because those are the things that ultimately govern our lives. Not the opinion of some biblethumping hilbilly
Except that I'm not trying to have that conversation. You've been pushing it on me this whole time you shoehorning word-twister. I have literally just been trying to talk about social aspects and you just talk about your fucking politics. I care about public opinion. I think the laws right now are fine. You keep talking about politics. I don't really want to talk about the fucking old white guys in office and the laws. Public opinion of gays ultimately is what decides the laws anyways. And public opinion of lgbt people is what really determines the quality of life of lgbt people. Why the fuck are you even arguing with me? I haven't been talking politics. Just using points from your politics to talk about social things and you turn them back into politics.
>>
>>6718770
If you agree then what's the issue?
>>
>>6718762

I'm not advising on how to avoid pride parades. I simply said parents are responsible for bringing their children to reasonably avoidable age-inappropriate events equivalent to R rated movies, in response to a photograph of a woman and child clearly intentionally attending and enjoying an age-innappropriate event, not innocently stumbling upon it on their way to church.

I don't know how public this event was, and certainly there are many public events where attendees should avoid being indecent and discomforting bystanders who can't reasonably avoid witnessing the activity, but that's a completely different situation.
>>
>>6718773
He has to pretend that one of you is the Christian and one of you is gay, or someone might figure out that you're just two Christians agreeing with each other over and over.
>>
>>6718773

You tell me, you're the one who keeps responding as if I hadn't immediately conceded.
Like I said, you're the retard here, sorry bro.
>>
>>6718732

Nobody forces people to hold opinions. You can be pressured to do so, but never forced. And yeah, I'd argue it's a good thing, honestly. There's a greater proportion of LGBT people in artistic and cultural fields, and if they don't want to hire a homophobic person because they fear it might interfere with their ability to work or simply because they don't have the energy to put up with constant questioning of their right to exist, then more power to them. It's as if you went in a black-dominated field and complained nobody's hiring you because of your racist views. Yeah, I can see why that would happen, and I don't blame black people for that. Nobody would hire you either if you were a vocal advocate for the repeal of women's vote rights. It's a contentious issue because it puts in question the fundamental rights of some people: you could be vocal all you want about corn subsidies, nobody would give a shit, but when you're questioning people's basic rights, they will take it personally, and that's not a bad thing.

That's literally a tactic from the black emancipation movement: white people who supported it would boycott businesses which barred blacks from entering. That's not invidious discrimination, it's being intolerant of intolerance. And for me, that's acceptable as long as you try to change the person's mind in a civilized way and don't become violent towards them. The whites supporting the blacks didn't burn the shops, they just boycotted them. In the same way, the person refusing to hire you isn't causing you any distress, they're simply making a statement that they won't tolerate intolerance.
>>
>>6718772
>Proceeds to condescend

Where?

>like how you have been doing with me the entire conversation?

Where? If I have misunderstood you somewhere, do elaborate.

> Public opinion of gays ultimately is what decides the laws anyways.

That is simply not true. How did we ever get rights then in the first place? Were the people less hateful of queers in the 1980's and 1990's? Because we're doing better than ever before despite you claiming the climate to be shit. That doesn't line up.

>Why are you arguing with me?

Because I disagree with things you have said.
>>
File: 1468701516922.jpg (144KB, 624x420px) Image search: [Google]
1468701516922.jpg
144KB, 624x420px
>>6718791
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqfCdVUH4WY
>>
>>6718804
>Where?
You're fucking joking right?

>Where? If I have misunderstood you somewhere, do elaborate.
How you have been making my shit about politics every fucking chance you get.

>That is simply not true. How did we ever get rights then in the first place? Were the people less hateful of queers in the 1980's and 1990's? Because we're doing better than ever before despite you claiming the climate to be shit. That doesn't line up.
??? Public opinion has been getting better. The laws have been improving. It's a positive correlation. This paragraph doesn't make sense. I never claimed the climate was "shit" i just said it was bad and needed to be better. If 30% of people are discriminatory it doesn't mean the climate is good
>>
>>6718820
>to stop bullying that isn't actually happening
Is this nigga really saying no one bullies gay kids?
>>
>>6718840
>You're fucking joking right?
Great argument.

>If 30% of people are discriminatory it doesn't mean the climate is good
I'd love to see that statistic.
>>
>>6718865
>that statistic
"IF"

>Great argument.
It's the tone you've been using the entire time
>>
>>6718860
Not being bullied is much worse for young men.
>>
>>6718876
>"IF"
This is the part I disagree with. You are going of probability and hypothesis. I don't want to live in a world where you have to fight against discrimination that exists somewhere in the aether.

>It's the tone you've been using the entire time
What would that tone be? I have not used condescending language nor have I attempted to be witty or snarky. If I have, please point me to them.
>>
>>6718434
Wow - a rational response where someone wasn't being a whiny, flaming bitch. I don't see that very often on this board.
I never thought about it this way before. Thanks; that was a good consciousness-raiser. Maybe pride isn't as bad as it seems (I mean, I still don't feel like colours, beyonce, nudity, and dancing quite captures the essence of LGBT at its core). I'll try to use it as less of a scapegoat; my parents are probably just arseholes.
>>
>>6718904
>You are going of probability and hypothesis.
Yeah. It's hard to measure this kind of thing. It's kindof just personal. It was just an example. I personally know there is homophobia and it's bigger than it should be.

>What would that tone be?
>Great argument.
Is an easy example and some other things like that.

Idk maybe it would be different in person, or maybe it's the subject matter of the conversation. I feel attacked when talking about this kind of stuff. Telling me that when my dad says something homophobic when I'm in the closet and so many people who i'm facebook friends with (old highschool friends, acquaintances) post homophobic things on facebook and it's okay and people support them.

I hear homophobic shit all the time. I personally know it exists. It doesn't have to be with actions. It's peoples attitudes. Like I said, I don't want to talk politics, the politics don't need to change for me. It's the way people treat me on a day to day basis. Which changes through representation AKA television, news, movies, celebrities, and yes, pride parades. And yes it's currently moving in the right direction.

>>6718904
>I don't want to live in a world where you have to fight against discrimination that exists somewhere in the aether.
Me either, but that's the world we live in.
>>
>>6717909
Bi mtf, enjoy them, straights get Mardi Gras and Fulsom and are free to shut up
>>
>>6717981
Who gives a shit about children
>>
I haven't read through the thread, forgive me if someone already said this.

But as another anon said, it's about recognizing the way things used to be and celebrating that they aren't that way anymore. It's also about forcing people to look at us, so they can't ever go back to pretending we don't exist and discussing whether or not it's moral to kill us, rather than whether we can marry or not.

And the point I was going to make is that this is about self-acceptance. As a general rule, the more out-there gay-acting, gay pride people have faced the most hardship in their lives about being gay. The people that don't understand the need have generally had more support growing up and more people who accepted them.

It takes a lot of positivity to balance out all the negativity of a homophobic/transphobic childhood or family.

For me, that's me out holding my girlfriend's hand. It's just being out and visibly queer. For a lot of other people, it's a big fat party wearing short shorts with other people who are celebrating with you, the support system you hadn't had growing up. It's a sense of belonging somewhere, to this community (fine if you don't believe it exists, but you're wrong) when you never had anywhere accept you in before.

Some people need pride. And if they go a little overboard? Fucking good for them. They deserve it.
>>
>>6717909
Gay male.

I fucking hate it. It's degenerate filth and disgusting.
>>
>>6717909
1. Bisexual/Pansexual (the distinction is purely theoretical at the moment for me)
2. I would like them a lot more if they at least tried to be more classy in their blatant eroticism. Campy and trashy can be fun, but that stops being true if you overdo it. Just a little bit of subtlety wouldn't kill anyone, would it? I like it when there is at least something left to the imagination. And beautiful things are worth displaying even if they are not overtly sexual.
>>
>>6719144
I just fucking hate the degeneracy.

Why can't they just be normal gays? Why do they have to dress up in leather harnesses and nipple clamps and suck their own dicks in front of crowded rooms?

You can be gay and also a decent and moral human being at the same time, fucking perverts.
>>
1 bi

2 dont care
even if theyre degenerate so what, let them degenerates have some fun
if ure somehow offended by that
ure just an insecure faggot
>>
>>6717909
BI male
Bunch of fucking weirdos
>>
>>6719161
>and suck their own dicks in front of crowded rooms
Didn't happen
>>
File: 12_IMG02_20120611.jpg (65KB, 515x735px) Image search: [Google]
12_IMG02_20120611.jpg
65KB, 515x735px
All of the pathetic betas complaining about "muh degeneracy" have clearly never been to a hetero carnival.

Mardi Gras or the Notting Hill Carnival is jsut as degenerate as any Pride, except they dont catch shit because they aren't gay and seen as "icky" or whatever

Pathetic.
>>
>>6717984
It's adorable that you think this is true.
>>
>>6717909
>Bisexual male

>Not interested in that scene
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 640x703px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 640x703px
1. Straight
2. They annoy me. If I were to hold a straight pride parade id be called a bigot and every other name in the book. But I wouldn't do that because I don't need a parade every 10 seconds to validate my sexuality.
>>
>>6720022
Yeah the whole world is a hugbox for your sexuality
Nobody whines about the Rio carnival or Mardi Gras being too straight
>>
File: 1470687355384.jpg (60KB, 510x295px) Image search: [Google]
1470687355384.jpg
60KB, 510x295px
>>6720022
Get out of /lgbt/ scum.

You don't have a history of oppression. You don't need another parade. You have lots of events. You came here literally just to shit on lgbt people. You are the reason we need pride parades.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 441x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 441x403px
>>6720181
>>6720192

stay triggered
>>
>>6717909
"Straight"
I fetishize them
>>
File: raj5036x640x427.jpg (207KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
raj5036x640x427.jpg
207KB, 640x427px
Les
Love pride parades. The more wacky and flamboyant the better. I especially love how much they trigger straight people like >>6720022
>>
>>6720192
And do you think parading around nearly naked dressed like absolute sluts is going to help with "your oppression"
>>
>>6720200
Not really triggered. Just putting a fuckboy in his place.

Stay neckbeard.
>>
>>6717909
Lesbian

Don't really care, don't go myself. But, if they make lgbt people feel more welcome in a particular city than I'm down for them, but I feel like the assholes that dress up like retarded perverts shouldn't be allowed to walk in the parade... they always cause some uproar with anti-lgbt folks and they're not helping the cause because of it.
>>
>>6720218
Historically it has.
>>
File: eydsmiE8.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
eydsmiE8.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>6720218
For the last time, the whole point of pride is to remind homophobes and transphobes that we don't fucking owe them anything and that two consenting adults should be able to do whatever they want together so long as it isn't causing grievous harm.
How thickheaded poltards can't wrap their heads around this is mindblowing.
>>
>>6720238
Why do you need a parade though? why can't you just be gross in your own bedrooms
>>
>>6720259
Didn't you read? They said to show you that we are the alphas, get back to /pol/ cuck.
>>
>>6720259
Because it's funny to watch you get super triggered and uncomfortable about something that does not harm or even affect you in any way.
Pride parades are essentially a massive homophobe trolling operation.
>>
File: image.jpg (179KB, 1209x756px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179KB, 1209x756px
>>6720271

make me, faggot
>>
>>6720272
>Pride parades are essentially a massive homophobe trolling operation

no, they're just walking aids conventions

also it fucks with traffic
>>
>>6717909
Bi male
Never been to one, looks like it could be fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (310KB, 750x1662px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310KB, 750x1662px
>>6720271
So alpha
>>
1.Pan

2.They put stereotypes on display and reinforce myths about the lgbt community. I just want to be a normal person who happens to be pan, not an lgbt supremacist.
>>
>>6720310
mirin dem calves
>>
>>6717909
straight
dumb
>>
>>6717909
Jesus this board get shittier by the day
>>
>>6720380
Would you expect anything less from a gay dominated board?
>>
>>6717909
1. straight tranny
2. they are retarded as fuck
>>
Bisexual male.
Can care less about the parade, what triggers me is that every nutcase with a mental disorder hops on the bandwagon like it's okay to be in love with a refrigerator or feel the need to be somehow exempt from gender.
>>
File: 1468871697553.jpg (107KB, 287x442px) Image search: [Google]
1468871697553.jpg
107KB, 287x442px
Gay
This- >>6720022
>>
Straight
Do not bother me, never seen one in person but if people want to gather I have no issues with that.
>>
1) bisexual
2) having pride in anything that you cant change is stupid.

this is coming from a guy who used to be a white supremacist....then i found out i liked men. boy that was an awkward change of social circles.
>>
>>6720214
>Your average terf
>>
>>6720536
Are you one of those no rice, no spice and no chocolate people on Grindr? Or do you let Jamal fuck your boypussy now?
>>
MTF
I like guys.

Never been to a pride event and likely never will be if people enjoy them that's nice.

Some of it seems a little much but considering all the other weird shit people do, celebrate, and dress up as its pretty human.
>>
gay
Hitler had some valid points
>>
>>6720576
He did shoot Hitler
>>
File: 084.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
084.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>6720558
ive been with all kinds of men. white guys are alright, i definitely connect with them more because we share alot more interests culturally, but in bed i tend to go for latin or island boys. the first guy i slept with was a painfully gay black twink. i realized that if theres nothing wrong with me being bisexual, then theres nothing wrong with anyone else for simply being something they cant change.
>>
>>6720218

The parades are not about making ourselves acceptable to bigoted conditions. That's kind of the whole point.
>>
lesbian. i find them unnecessary.
>>
Gay
I absolutely hate pride parades and think they set the LGBT image back a few decades.
>>
Guy loving mtf
Live and let live, I don't attend
>>
>>6720384
>from a tranny and twinks dominated board
FTFY
>>
>>6717909
Gay. The one local to my area is pretty family friendly, so it's alright. Kind of infested with straight gawkers now though so it feels more like a show and less like an LGBT "pride" event.
>>
>>6723344
If they set the LGBT image back, Muslims and Christians wouldn't be afraid of them. They would encourage them then.
>>
Bi sorta I like Trans and Boys with big buts and girls

Fucking hate flamboyant faggots
>>
>>6723344
>think they set the LGBT image back a few decades
They actually did the exact opposite, and were able to accomplish more in the very first year of their creation than literal centuries of trying to quietly and politely ask for change.
>>
>>6717909
1. straight
2. another contributing aspect to the fall of western civilisation
>>
>>6723699
>people dancing around half naked in the street is leading to the fall of western civilization
>but not just any people
>only people who are specifically attracted to their own gender
>if you're totally straight then dancing around half naked in the street is A-OK!
>>
>>6723741
>people are completely unaffected and unchanged by what they see
think long and hard for a while
>>
>>6723753
>seeing naked people will result in the fall of western civilization
>but ONLY if those naked people are homosexual
So if a guy on the beach accidentally checks out a guy he thought was a girl, does that mean everyone who happened to be looking in his general direction is now suddenly contributing to the fall of western civilization?
>>
Gay male

I think a gay parade should try just dressing everyone up in suits and ties and just be really boring. That would portray gay people as just normal people and it would probably make news and spread awareness.
>>
>>6723803
We tried that. It failed miserably.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots#Aftermath

>Since 1965, the pickets had been very controlled: women wore skirts and men wore suits and ties, and all marched quietly in organized lines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattachine_Society

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_Reminder
>>
>>6717909
bi mtf
I'm all for them because they make me look normal by comparison
>>
>>6723911
>trannies showing their dicks to little girls in the middle of the street
>makes trannies look normal

?
>>
Asexual

I really don't care. If you want to dress like an extra from Mad Max and dance around in public, then you have more courage than I do.

Mind you, the Asexual float would most likely be something like a library with those riding on it just sitting there reading. That or a tribute to cake, but then we'd be mistaken for splosher pride or something.
>>
>>6724104
>asexual

stop
>>
Gay

Everyone has the freedom to assemble, and the government should protect that freedom. So I would never ban them. But personally, I'm not a fan. They're degenerate, inflammatory, unnecessary, inconvenient, and are often used for anti gay propaganda in countries where gay people still aren't accepted.
>>
>>6717909
Bi

I have nothing against the people, but enforcing a stereotype is not a good way to progress.
>>
Mtf Tranny here
Pride parades seem cool I guess, but I get enough marching around in brutal heat and ridiculous outfits at band camp.
>>
File: tmp_12158-images(2)-162913657.png (34KB, 598x512px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12158-images(2)-162913657.png
34KB, 598x512px
>>6718450
>"hurr durr look at me im so proud of my faggotry i have to show to everyone that i like to suck cocks and swallow cum from other males
You americans are fucking hilarious.
>>
>>6724281
They started as riots, and become celebratory traditions.

If gay people were allowed to freely express their sexuality before it was decriminalized, there would have been no reason to show it off in public

its like that christian girl that wasn't allowed to have sex or experiment all her life, so she goes away to college and posts pictures of her with cum all over her face on facebook
>>
>gay
>lock myself indoor each year during prides to not feel shame
>>
>>6724281
>You americans
Where are you from that pride isn't a thing
>inb4 Saudi Arabia or Russia
>>
>>6724281
This is the shit that made me hate fags.
>>
>>6724433
>tfw I hate breeders because of the Carnival and Mardi Gras
>>
>>6724318
Yes, but at least the christian girl don't go in the streets and have public sex with thirty niggers at the same time while other dudes piss in her mouth.

This is exactly what happens in gay pride parades.
>>
File: warsaw.jpg (319KB, 1200x832px) Image search: [Google]
warsaw.jpg
319KB, 1200x832px
>>6718110
>We don't need to do that any more
>>6718357
>is it important to continue that now that we've gained that initial acknowledgement?

a friendly reminder that in numerous places outside western europe and usa the lgbt community is still on the [beginning of the] road to acceptance
>>
>Lesbian
Never been at one. Are they worth using any time on?
>>
>>6724508
>but at least the christian girl don't go in the streets and have public sex with thirty niggers at the same time while other dudes piss in her mouth.

not true
those are common traditions at mardi gras, which are full of mostly straight people
leave the house once in a while
>>
>>6717909
gay
Should be forbidden for gays or heteros to do things like that in public in front of kids.

There's this webm of a half naked boy with make-up and dyed hair while dancing lewdly.
They are basically the reason why I understand the hate against LGBT-people.
>>
File: tottot12.png (456KB, 435x650px) Image search: [Google]
tottot12.png
456KB, 435x650px
>>6724685
>ignores things like toddlers and tiaras
where straight people literally dress up toddlers like this
>>
>>6724703
Just as bad, but doesn't make the same things lgbt-people do any better.

Also, I think that is an american-only thing.
>>
>>6717909
gay male

I think I'm not old enough to be completely sick and done and resentful about them yet, so when they do come around I tend to just use it as an excuse to party.

Is most of it dumb and disappointing? Definitely. Will the two or three guys who really stood out to you most likely go home with somebody else? Probably. Will you most likely get laid regardless? If you take care of yourself even half way, yes.

There's nothing important or meaningful about pride parades to me, at least not now. The first time I went actually did leave an impression, but then again I also did slutty things and behaves like a titanic faggot.
>>
1. gay faggot
2. pls be b&
>>
>>6724685
>There's this webm of a half naked boy with make-up and dyed hair while dancing lewdly.
He was with his mom who had things in hand and kept the adult gays away. You're whining about a thing you probably didn't look at.
>>
>>6717909
pan mtf

they should have either stayed in the 80s early 90s, or stopped acting like its still the 80s
>>
>>6717909
1. Apathetic
2. Shouldn't be allowed; they tie up traffic.
>>
>>6723767
>ONLY if those naked people are homosexual
What's with this huge persecution complex? The other dude never implied it was because they were homosexual, if straight people go and act like degenerate pieces of shit in public they'd get the same harsh looks and public disapproval.
>>
>>6717909
1. Gay man
2. I think they're important to let people have a good time. I don't like how political Pride Parades have become, especially since we've won. I think it's important for the gay community to still be about acceptance and be accepting both people on the Left and the Right who willing to accept us.

The way the community treated Ted Cruz, who while he was a bigot, was willing to reach out and try to tolerate us. And he wants to wipe out ISIS; the enemy of every gay man, woman and child
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(5).jpg (254KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(5).jpg
254KB, 1536x1152px
Bi mtf

In western countries these parades are just rubbing everyone's nose in it. Perpetuated by old timers who experienced when society was genuinely against them, young guys who spend too much time in bars, and SJWs.
>>
>>6725083
Woah someone likes the 80s a whole lot.
>>
>>6725188
yeah, pride apparently, the rest of the world moved on and they didn't
>>
>>6717909
1. Gay dude.
2. It's an excuse to get shitfaced like St. Patrick's Day. yeah people may look stupid in 'em but there's jello shots and people doing face painting with glitter. I've been to SF pride and it's not that bad just a bunch of drunken revelers, I saw worse at protests for the environment.
>>
Gay/Bi
They're fun as hell, I like them. Depends which ones though.
>>
Pride parades are the reason I don't associate at all with the LGBT and why I would never identify as a gay man even if I were only attracted to men.

They want to represent themselves a certain way, that's fine, but that's not the way I want to be represented and stereotyped, so they can have their acronym and rainbow coloured shit (it looks fucking dumb anyway), and I'll just live my life totally separate from their stuff.
>>
Straight.

I tend to hate flamboyance as a character trait, and that's mostly what pride parades are about. Self aggrandizing look-at-me bullshit.

I wish pride parades were more about regular dressed lgbt folks just hanging around with the neighborhood and relaxing. All of the stupid costumes and bullshit distract too much.
>>
File: some things can't be avoided.jpg (70KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
some things can't be avoided.jpg
70KB, 604x603px
>>6717909
gay

I think it turns "gayness" into a spectacle, and reinforces a lot of gay stereotypes

I also think people should have the right to do what ever the fuck they want, but a lot of pride events are skirting on public indecency
>>
>>6717909
1. Bisexual
2. I think alot of American gay pride parades are a bit too flamboyant, in Britain they're very much less so. People will just chill in a big city, watch people play music, wear rainbows on their cheeks with rainbow flags and have a good time. You get drag queens and the like around but it's not like they're the central attraction, they're just there like everyone else
>>
Straight dude who was dragged along for that shit twice by the time i was 10.

It's obnoxious and annoying.
>>
I was actually pretty meh until I went to a pride parade with a friend and some of his friends. Hid friends were such bigoted pieces of shit that it reminded me hey, maybe a weekend of pride is still needed if there are still retards who bitch about WHY NO STRAIGHT PRIDE PARADES HUH?
>>
>>6729334
>I wish pride parades were more about regular dressed lgbt folks just hanging around with the neighborhood and relaxing. All of the stupid costumes and bullshit distract too much.
That doesn't sound like much of a parade. Maybe a pride picnic?
>>
>>6717909
bi

When you wan't to be seen as equal why would you present yourself as different and faggy
>>
Bisexual Male

I think it's an understandable result of our society. Ultimately I don't really care.
>>
>>6717909
Bi mtf, they are super fun if you can get into how incredibly fagy they are
>>
>>6717909
Cis straight white male
If you want to be accepted as equals, you need to stop flaunting your differences.
>>
Bi man.

People can do whatever legal stuff they want. The fact that people make such a big deal over Pride despite the fact there are similar events with similar amounts of raunchiness (Mardis Gras) that I don't hear a peep about makes me suspicious that people are just being judgemental of one general group of people. Including LGBT hating their own.

Beyond feelings about LGBT, I think the problem is prudishness. You don't hear most of the people complaining about the noise, drinking, anti-social behaviour etc that are normal behaviours in a festival atmosphere. You hear them complaining about the people's dress and the general 'hyper-sexualisation', as if sex was a bad thing.

If Pride is also about teaching us to just get over our problem with people being sexy and proud of their sex lives, then that's good.
>>
File: 1456124059294.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1456124059294.gif
2MB, 360x270px
cis-scum here to fuck up your day

you're all mentally ill and should be treated as such.
may ww3 bring a swift end to you.
>>
>>6717948
>>6719944
it's adorable you fucked up retards believe straights run around every single day thinking "wow, it's great to be straight, fuck gays. like seriously, every day straight pride, hell yeah."

literally kys
>>
>>6717909
1. Straight.
2. This is why I vote against homo marriage.
>>
>>6738484
>pride parades exist to get people out of the closet
>they exist because straight people made gay a taboo, literally just because it icks them out
>you then blame pride parades for the taboo, reversing cause and effect
full retard
>>
>>6738502
What if I told you can come out a closet anytime without being a massive faggot about it?
>>
File: sLe13h3.jpg (195KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
sLe13h3.jpg
195KB, 1224x1445px
>>6738607

> yes come on im sure coming out can't be difficult even though ive never been in your situation
> literally every LGBT person in the world is making a fuss out of it on purpose
>>
>>6738614
I see nothing incorrect here.
>>
>>6717909
1. Gay guy.
2. Kind of indifferent. Last year they had a very attractive transgirl dressed up like Jesus on a cross, which was nice. I'd probably watch them more often if there were more cute femboys and a more... Direct approach to protest.
>>
>>6738617

Then you're an idiot.
>>
>>6738619
And you are a faggot. But only one of us should be gassed.
>>
>>6738622
'Should'. Not nearly man enough to do it yourself, huh? Perhaps you should find some other group to project your sad sexual insecurities onto.
>>
>>6738636
>Not nearly man enough to do it yourself, huh?
No faggots where I live.
>>
>>6737058
People are not equal. They are all different, yet that does not mean they should be denied certain rights.

That is the new approach, at least.
>>
>>6738639
You have a right to remain silent.
>>
>>6738639
>People are not equal.
False.
>>
File: 1471015923711.jpg (191KB, 968x1998px) Image search: [Google]
1471015923711.jpg
191KB, 968x1998px
>>
>>6717909
1. lesbian
2.the Parade is fun but capitalism shits all over it
>>
>>6717909
1. Gay dysphoric F
2. I don't mind the concept because it feels too much like some big festival to bother me that much. I'm agoraphobic so I never go and sometimes feel kind of left out. My city had a bunch of furries involved in pride this year which was pretty cringe, makes me wonder what straight people really think.
>>
>>6717909
1. b/gay i'm not so sure
2. they seem fun desu. Shocking sometimes (it's kinda the point of those events somehow) but i don't really care. Too bad I'm too introverted: I'd love to go and dance at those parades (I don't even go to clubs..)
>>
>>6717909
they're not really as bad as people on 4chan claim they are, I'm just not really interested in public spaces with a lot of people.
>>
>>6717909
1. Asexual
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJl5tLyRZFA
>>
1. Gay man

2. It seems really important to the few of my older relatives who are gay, so I feel like it's important to have around. I have never gone myself though.
>>
>>6717909
1. gay
2. wear clothes you weird sluts. I think they are fine and worth going to but something needs to be done about people who just go to attention whore wearing no clothing. They try to get creative with it and make it about "self expression", but no, all you are expressing is that you want attention. Where is the honor in that? I don't think its ok. Its a relic of the past when gay people got oppressed more and therefore became more fucked up psychologically.
>>
Bi.
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>6738643
You don't get to decide that. We are all woven in the fabric of society and rely on each other for mutual protection. The moment you should overreach your boundaries you will come to understand why. For every man who has ever preached non-aggression, another sought to meet fire with fire.
>>
>>6738481
People consider straight the default, so it's not so much as a celebration but a constant acknowledgement and inherent acceptance of all things related to straightness. Every celebration is a celebration of straightness, with straight couples all over the place and parties/outings planned for the sole intention of a straight hookup. Media is filled with straight romance. Video games as well. Literature, majority straight. Even theater, which is dominated by LGBT people, mostly has straight-oriented romance in their storylines. The other day a friend of mine starts going off about getting a blowjob from this girl he met at a bar. I chuckle and mention a new sex toy my fiance picked up and suddenly I'm over-sharing and pushing my gay hypersexual lifestyle in his face... with my fiance.

Pride is the day where I tell the collective straight world to go fuck itself for at least 24 hours while I have a decent day-long bubble of uninterrupted me time where I'm the accepted norm no matter how triggered whiny little straight bitches get about it.

If you don't get it, you won't. Until you do.
>>
I like girls and trannies.

I think gay parades make homosexuals look bad to the public and they should keep that stuff in night clubs.
>>
Gay

Fuck them they are the worst displays of disgusting degenerate filth. Im gay but that doesnt define me, Im not proud of it or ashamed its irrelevant what other people think, parading around your sexual kinks is something nobody wants to see gaah i could go on ranting but ill stop. Fuck em, that is all
>>
File: 1471279299083.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471279299083.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
1. Bi male
2. Anything that triggers fucking normies is a plus.
The ones in my country are fucking boring though.
>>
No point, unless you are doing them in a muslim country or a muslim ghetto in Europe.

Pride Parades are supposed to a a form of protest. In Western countries, they have just become a street party for flamers and S&M aficionados.
>>
File: images (21).jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
20KB, 225x225px
>>6717909
>1. Your sexual orientation
gay
>2. What are your thoughts on pride parades?
gas them all and burn their corpses
>>
1. [spoiler]Straight[/spoiler]
2. If that's your thing and you're not being an asshole to anyone else, I don't really mind.
>>
>>6717909
1. homo male
2. they need to off themselves
>>
>>6750561
The fuck are you going on about?
You have a right to remain silent.
Everyone does.
What's wrong with you? (other than that mental illness)
>>
>>6717909
1) bi leaning gay, switch leaning sub.
2) absolutely fucking degenerate
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.