[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans Paranoia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1467064411202.png (335KB, 810x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467064411202.png
335KB, 810x800px
So here's the deal. I'm trans and like 5 years+ on hormones. Personally I rate my passing at around 90% of the time and I haven't had anyone read me as male for a 'while'. ('m told it's my short hair that gets me 'accidentally' read as male)

The thing is I'll get random people who stop to tell me that I'm 'super pretty' or 'beautiful' or some other type of compliment.
Is this a thing that happens to normal (cis ) women? Or is this a case where I am i being read as male and people are just taking pity on me an my existence?
>>
>>6703103

It's normal. Might want to grow your hair out a bit longer though if it bothers you so much.
>>
>>6703107
Oh thank the gods. I was convinced it was just "pity passing" that some trans girls get.
And working on the hair growth. I'm black so it's taking such a long time for any length to really show. But I'm slowly getting there, plus people really love my curls. So I've got that going for me.
>>
>>6703324

Yeah, that's not really a thing, the pity passing unless you live in the capital of trannystan USA or any other super liberal trans aware area. There's always extensions as a short fix too.

This is coming from someone who has been on hrt since '11.
>>
>>6703103
>Is this a thing that happens to normal (cis ) women?
Not often. But it happens to beautiful women on the reg. People say that if they mean it. They're not Regina Georging you.
>>
>>6703103
Not trying to be that anon but without a face there's no way to judge their intent. I mean you shouldn't base your self-worth on internet strangers either though. Bleh, being trans sucks, doesn't it?
>>
>>6703348
She literally can't win by posting her face itt after saying she received a compliment from a stranger. Mad hons are out here right now smelling self esteem like sharks.
>>
>>6703379
Yeah, true. Nevermind anon. Wait a while before trying somewhere else maybe? Somewhere other than 4chan even, where no one expects a trans girl and communication is anonymous.
>>
>>6703347
Haha Regina Georging. I might use this one. And yeah, thats good to know. I end up driving myself crazy being picked out and noticed no matter the situation. The times where someone does read me as trans make all the times where I do get compliments on my looks seem like lies. I know its crazy paraboia on my part but I can't help it :/
>>6703379
That's why I didn't. Even if I was perfectly passable(like I said, I rate myself at 90%-ish) 4chan has a way of saying that you're an ugly hon and should anhero. Sooo...
>>
>>6703103
no this happens to cis women.
I am a cis male, and if a girl I spot is pretty in an unconventional way (like short hair) I come up and compliment them, like "I love your hair, it's really cute" or "you're really gorgeous, don't let anyone tell you any different" as long as I can walk the fuck away afterward. If I have to stick around to do something, it gets awkward. I don't want them thinking I'm hitting on them or otherwise creeping. (I'm already in a relationship)
>>
>>6707829
I'm not confident enough to compliment men, though. I present hetero normie, I think, maybe a little hipster, and I'm pretty average looking. I don't want any weird reactions.
At the bar, though, I will flirt with men. That's a different environment tho.
>>
>>6703338
>hrt since '11
Is that supposed to be a long time?
>>
>>6703103
i know this feel and i hate it, especially when i catch people staring at me. Idk if they are clocking me or staring at me for some other reason, but over like 4 years i have never once been sir'd and nobody has ever asked me if i was trans. so i assume i pass, but it just freaks me the fuck out when i catch people looking at me.
>>
>>6707880

Longer than most of the people on this board. Almost everyone I know who started before or around the same time as me is gone and I've lost contact with most.
>>
>>6703103
>Is this a thing that happens to normal (cis ) women? Or is this a case where I am i being read as male and people are just taking pity on me an my existence?
doesnt matter, assume you are hot shit because what does it help to doubt yourself? you have nothing to gain from low self esteem
>>
Most transwomen who pass tend to be at least average looking, because transwomen who don't pass are seen as ugly. Ugly women tend to have too many masculine features/markers. Have to many as a tranny and you'll get clocked.

If you're a pretty girl then people will compliment you, just as if you were a good looking guy. It just happens more often to women since women are universally praised and seen only as beauty objects around the world and in human history.

Sad, but true.
>>
Jesus christ the shithold hugbox

Op listen to me.
Listen. I have been transitioning much longer than you.

Those compliments are NOT normal. They mean you have been clocked.

You need to be more aware. Look at these peoples reactions. Read how comfortable they are acting if they are amused by you ect.

Commnets like this are not normal.

Think about it. Even if you WERE beautiful (which I seriously doubt because you went through male puberty therefore obtaining features that are ugly on females) why would women waste time complimenting prettier women.

Women hate prettier women. They don't compliment them, especially strangers.

If a woman compilments you randomly its a HUGE red flag that they clocked you.
>>
>>6703324
it is pity passing. Look I am sorry to tell you this. I can feel your desperation but you need to face the truth
>>6703338

If you think its not a thing then you are delusional
>>
>>6718067
Well we dont know when op started, if she is 20 and started at 15 its probably honest. If shes 25-30 now then youre probably right
>>
>>6718069
>>6718067
Bitter hon detected. Live in LA where all the other hons pity pass you?

Stop projecting.
>>
>>6718069
>it is pity passing
Where the fuck do you live where this is a thing? I live in seattle of all places, and I was harassed on the street when I didnt pass.
>>
>>6718203
I started at 19, I'm 25 now. I'm also 5'3 and constantly described as tiny or peteit. So I've gor that gojng for me I guess.
>>6718067
Really? And here I was willing to believe that people were just being nice. Oh well I guess.

And yeah. I admitted that I don't pass *perfectly*. But id really really like to believe that people aren't just telling me this and going to have a laugh about it later.
>>
>>6718067
Also what if thw compliments come from men? I've had a few guys hit on me (sone drunk and some not) and them being really disappointed when I told them I was trans. And these were normal/attractive straight men I considered to be out of my league. do those count as sincere compliments?
>>
>>6713142
What it helps ia not being a delusional tranny. Id rather know that I'm ugly and/or man faced rather than believing that I might have a chance at a normal life.
>>
>>6719516
They are. They are saying "you look beautiful". Then they go home and tell their bf that they saw a tranny today.

Just bc reality is painful doesn't mean you should bury your head in the sand.

Men clock to. But if a man is complimenting it is more likely that he wants to bang you. This doesn't mean he didn't clock you.

Also men are slightly less perceptive and lots of men compliment woman randomly in hopes of getting some sex
>>
>>6713142
This is what retarded hons do. They walk around in their age inappropriate clothes everyone staring at them and assume its cause they are "an exotic beauty".

I know so many hons that delusionally believe they are stealth when they dont pass AT ALL and literally everyone stares at them as they walk down the street
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.