[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pronouns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: shion.jpg (172KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shion.jpg
172KB, 706x1000px
Has anyone here ever had anyone tell you to call them pronouns besides he/him and she/her? How did you react? Do you ignore them or go with what they want? I always hear people talk about people telling them their pronouns but have never heard anyone ever had it occur to them.

I'm nonbinary myself but would never blab out my preferred pronouns, I don't tell anyone my pronouns period. It's embarrassing, people are gonna just make fun of me or think I'm weird. Just let people call me whatever they want, even if I don't like it. I'll likely never meet them again anyway.
>>
Just like, 'Oh, aight. Sorry.'
Not much of an issue, since you're not gonna be using pronouns so much while actually talking to that person, at least I don't.
>>
>nonbinary
>preferred pronouns

RETARDED TUMBLR MADE UP SPESHUL SNOWFLAKE GENDERS THREAD PLEASE IGNORE

MENTALLY ILL MENTALLY ILL
>>
>>6702809
Yes, three people have. The grammar of it took me a couple of attempts, but really it's no skin off my back.

My limit to pronouns would be otherkin shit like "bun/bunself". To me that's just taking the piss out of lived social realities, and to me it's similar to the people who publicly signal their bdsm relationship. That shit can stay on their rp tumblr and in their bedroom.

So I kind of understand other trans people who think nb pronouns are entitlement. But I'm binary trans and the nonbinary people I've met have actually all been on or seeking hormones. And it makes sense to me that there are people comfortable in the inbetween, after all that's where I ended up before I transitioned.
>>
>>6702809
Several have asked for they/them.

It was easy to incorporate, and things went smoothly.
>>
I have a friend I use they/them with, which I am fine with. I think stuff like xe and ey are silly, but not objectionable. Anything like bunself or fae and I would run the other way.
>>
pronouns are what is called a 'closed category' in linguistics, that means you cannot easily create new words that fit this category. An open category is things like nouns or verbs (I 'googled' that yesterday, oh look there is a 'dragonite' over there)

pronouns probably due to their grammatical importance (ie they do lots of 'work' in sentences) cannot be easily created and incorporated into language, and trying to forcefully change language is impossible/silly (ie the Acadamie Francais who 'protects' the french language is literally the dumbest thing on planet earth)

it seems english has already changed though since singular they/them (to me at least) is perfectly grammatical when the gender of the person indicated is unknown or unclear

>some crazy bitch almost hit me with 'their' car!
>was it a man or a woman?
>i dont know 'they' were going too fast for me to see

so, if anyone asks me to call 'them' they/them I will 100% do it, if you ask me to call you some made up word, go fuck yourself you language fascist

but yeah, I dont think that actually happens in real life, I know plenty of nonbinary/trans peeps and its always been he/she/they and its never been an issue
>>
Shit dyslectic I am, my regular pronouns are already fucked.
>>
>>6702809
I asked for they when I was early in transition and didn't feel comfortable fully presenting as a girl yet, but still didn't want to get misgendered by close friends/loved ones. The only people who had any issue with it were my parents.

People only ever found out when they specifically asked what my pronouns were, and people that are polite enough to ask that are generally polite enough to respect what pronouns you do use.
>>
reminder that gender is a meme and you need not participate

the singular they exists as a grammatically correct gender neutral pronoun, and has for around a hundred years or so in english
>>
>>6702809
Some asshole at work wrote a fucking wiki page on how to refer to them (nonbinary tumblr shit) and they send that shit as the first thing in their email signature. Guess who is a pain in the ass to work with?
>>
>>6702809
Only online. A friend of mine identifies as agender, but it's pretty easy to use they pronouns. I don't know what I'd do if someone asked me to use xe, probably do my best to avoid acknowledging they even exist. That's a level of crazy I don't even want to touch.
>>
>>6704170

That sounds excessive. Just say something like "Please refer to me as 'they' and 'them'". There's not much to explain.
>>
>>6704146
>>6704684

>asking people to use singular they as your pronoun
god you faggots trying to butcher english language, even using "it" as gender-neutral pronoun would be hundred times better
>>
File: Kgtu7oHTj45.jpg (20KB, 640x375px) Image search: [Google]
Kgtu7oHTj45.jpg
20KB, 640x375px
>>6702809
Kill yourself you transtrender fetishist autistic faggot
>>
I know tons of people who go by they/them. I mess up sometimes but otherwise it's fine.
I really haven't run into a special snowflake trans and I know a lot of trans peeps so it's not as bad as people make it out to be online
also desu I don't completely identify with a gender and I love dressing andro but I find it hard to label myself as nonbinary
>>
>>6702921
>implying anyone here isn't mentally ill
>>
>>6704742
> complains about people using a natural feature of English
> fails to use proper syntax
> topkek
>>
>>6702809
i have never encountered it personally, but the most id be willing to do is they/them for neutral pronouns. but if anyone ever asked me to refer to them as xer/bun/bunself...etc i would laugh in their face and politely say no.

i still think the whole genderqueer/nonbinary thing is just mentally ill people or trannys still trying to deny that they are a full blown tranny.
>>
I have a couple "nonbinary" friends. One is just a normal tranny who wants to be special and the other is...a girl. Literally the most effeminate human being I know. "Agender." She doesn't bitch when I use normal human pronouns so it's whatever mostly but still :u
>>
File: kek.png (224KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
224KB, 358x310px
>>6702921
>>
>>6702809
i call everyone 'they' most of the time, there's usually no reason to specify someone's gender when speaking about them
>>
>>6706331
this, i know someone who acts, dresses, and talks 100% like a girl yet insists on being "agender" and they pronouns
even her profile pictures are all cute pink characters or instagram selfies, yet her "girlfriend" (non-op, non-hrt, "transwoman" who acts, dresses, and talks like a dude) calls her his "boyfriend"

as an actual tranny this triggers the hecking frick out of me
>>
>>6706508

You don't have to be unisex acting to be agender. Gender expression doesn't relate to gender. If it did, all butch girls would secretly be trans men.
>>
>>6706560
i was under the impression that tumblr genders where all about social classification, like identifying as a nerd or a fitness buff

it's impossible to have a sense of internal (biological, unrelated to social) gender that isn't on a spectrum between male and female, since there are only 2 types of human sex hormones: androgens and estrogens
studies (as well as anecdotal evidence) have shown that your internal sense of gender is based on your prenatal exposure to sex hormones.

anecdotal evidence: mtf trans, my digit ratio shows higher estrogen exposure than most natal females. my mom had a hormonal imbalance during my pregnancy. both of these things are common among mtfs
>>
>>6706560
>>6706604
so basically, if your "gender" is about how you relate to others, your interests, and how you like to be treated socially, then you're 100% just making shit up for attention if you claim to act like one thing, but in actuality, act like something else

every "trans" person with a gender that wasn't male or female that ive met was very insecure and a massive attention whore

in contrast, every binary trans person ive met was either shy or a normal person

these are some tells between a tumblr and a trans:
- tumblrs go apeshit when you use the wrong pronouns, trans people just ignore it or get sad, but never mad
- tumblrs go apeshit if you call them a tranny, trans people are usually fine with this and even call themselves it sometimes
- tumblrs wear hot topic shirts with lgbt slogans and often have punky or brightly dyed hair (look at me, give me attention, being "trans" is the sole foundation of my sense of worth and who i am), trans people dress like normal humans
- tumblrs complain about their "dysphoria" publicly, often in inappropriate situations, trans people keep it to themselves and cry at home instead

the difference is, tumblrs are just in it for social reasons, trans people have issues with their body

being trans is the new vegan
>>
>>6706560
>>6706604
i could concede that it's biologically possible to be non-binary between male and female, but that would be extremely rare and only occur if the person's brain was both partially masculinized and partially feminized from exposure to high levels of both androgens and estrogens
if you were exposed to no sex hormones, you would probably be dead, and certainly wouldn't have developed proper gonads or genitals. agender is not a thing.

what most people mean when they say they're "non-binary" or "agender" is either, "i don't like or feel i fit in with traditional gender roles", "give me attention, im different", or both.
>>
>>6706703
also just a note, sex hormones are responsible for a myriad of things besides reproductive development. without any, you wouldn't be able to develop proper bones, store nutrients as fat, or many other things necessary for life
>>
>>6704742
>you faggots trying to butcher english language
Language evolves, fuccboi. Go learn French.
>>
>>6706672
>
this all the way, now that being gay isn't "cool" anymore it has to be trans, and not just that but all this bullshit other kin crap and "gender fluid"
sorry i dont buy it
>>
Every non binary thread turns into whining. It's just easier to be closeted. 'Less people saying your gender is fake.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.