[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lgbt/ Men's Rights Activist thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

File: you here.png (50KB, 204x206px) Image search: [Google]
you here.png
50KB, 204x206px
Anybody else /lgbt/ and a MRA?

The Men's Rights Movement:
- Supports Trans/Gay Rights
- Views Transmen as Men
- Supports Women's Rights
- Educates People on Current Men's Issues
- Supports Men's Rights (Yes, we can prove they exist).

Also, here is our skype group:
https://join.skype.com/qIInpvQlJOSM

Remember: Gay Men's Rights, Transfemale, and Transmale rights... are all Men's Rights.
>>
File: Photo on 7-20-16 at 10.jpg (82KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 7-20-16 at 10.jpg
82KB, 1080x720px
Chrishop reporting in.

How are my fellow LGBT Men's Rights Activists?
>>
Sounds good so far.
Are you sure this isn't a trick to keep me from getting a gf?
Also can i be a feminist and an MRA both?
>>
>>6696726
1. >Are you sure this isn't a trick to keep me from getting a gf?
Men and Women are a spectrum/very diverse. You will hit and miss, and hit and miss. If you do not have a GF, you are not persisting enough in the dating world. Try more, fail more. You need to click, do not change for anyone but you.

If you dislike your body, change for you.
Do not change how you are for a lover, do not change them.
You can only change what you want to change, and them.

Keep trying, keep failing, keep persisting with many different people.
If you vibe, you vibe.

2. >Also can i be a feminist and an MRA both?
Yes you can be both.
Most are.
All you have to do, is fight areas where someone truly faces sexism, for both sides.
If you see areas where Men face fixable unfairness, help them.
If you see areas where Women face fixable unfairness, help them.

Also, never hate anyone who disagrees with you. Enemies are not necessary.
>>
Morning!
>>
>>6696686
I want to kiss you up so bad
-KC
>>
>>6696983
awww! :) I know you! hi there <3
>>
>>6696770
Can I continue to call myself an egalitarian and/or a humanist without someone saying "Well if you believe ___ then you're a ____ist, too! Just call yourself one!"
>>
File: 1462353503134.jpg (118KB, 627x477px)
1462353503134.jpg
118KB, 627x477px
>>6696672
back to tumblr with you
>>
>>6696726
>Also can i be a feminist and an MRA both?
no. modern feminism has nothing to do with equality, and actively works against it.

just call yourself egalitarian or something if you care more for equality then gender specific issues.
>>
>>6697131
At the very least,
1. Please show some support when you see inequalities for both sexes.
2. Don't trash talk MRAs
3. Tell someone, if need be, that many MRAs want equality.

>>6697907
We need to attack the concepts, not the people doing them.
>>
>>6697131
You're fine.
But i'm going to keep educating the World on Men's Issues.
>>
File: 1461948462119.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1461948462119.png
190KB, 540x482px
literally no one likes feminists, so what makes MRAs any better?
>>
>>6699089
We level out Feminists.

We fight areas where Men face sexism.

If Feminists act sexist, we fight it.
If Conservatives act sexist, we fight it.

We are ridding Gender Negatives for Men.
And pushing for social androgyny.
>>
I don't remember any group actually caring about lgbt issues besides lgbt people.
>>
>>6699126
I do. I care alot.

I had a boyfriend in high school (2009), was one of the few.

Sure i didn't get much shit, but it was still was rather uncool to be gay back then.

I always saw Gay rights as Men's Rights.
And I always fought for you guys when I could.
>>
>>6699138
>besides lgbt people
>>
>>6698982
No, we need to do both because when they can't win on ideas they'll fight the battle on identity instead.
>>
>>6699153
Many Men's Rights Activists who aren't LGBT, care about LGBT rights, because it's a Men's Issue.

>>6699156
Fine fair enough.
I'll do things in my own method though.
>>
>>6699168
>because it's a Men's Issue.
but it isn't. It's an lgbt issue.
And lgbt issues don't affect non-lgbt people.
and why fight for issues that don't affect you?
>>
>>6699181
LGBT issues exist, because of Gender roles, thus it's Men's Issues.

Transwomen aren't allowed to use Women's Restrooms, because of how we view Men, thus it's a Men's Issue.
>>
>>6699181
same reason I'm not a women but I care on the few genuine issues western women still suffer, or all the issues faced by women in the third or islamic world.

People who care about equality, genuine equality not that feminist horsecrap know it doesn't mean anything if it isn't for everyone, I can't expect my own issues to be taken seriously if I don't take the issues of others seriously.

Classical liberal ideas about equality have a natural trickle-down effect, they lend themselves to being applied to any group that is currently excluded.
>>
>>6699193
I disagree with this, gender rolls exist because of biology we shouldn't demonize people for them and we shouldn't have to pretend they just social constructs, that's the sort of shit i don't tolerate from feminists an I won't tolerate it from you either.
>>
>>6699213
And you don't care about issues Men are suffering?

Are you even aware of what Issues MRAs are fighting for?
>>
>>6699193
>LGBT issues exist, because of Gender roles, thus it's Men's Issues.
False. Lgbt issues are lgbt issues. Men's issues are men's issues.

>>6699213
>People who care about equality, genuine equality know it doesn't mean anything if it isn't for everyone
nice list of people who don't exist.
>>
>>6699253
How did you make that jump of logic?
>>
>>6699113
but the problem is that feminists and MRAs aren't fighting for anything

being a keyboard-warrior isn't gonna help anyone
>>
>>6699272
So, you're just a contrarian then?
>>
>>6699286
No.
I'm just being realistic with a healthy dose of skepticism.
>>
>>6699314
*tips fedora*
>>
>>6699318
>not jumping on the bandwagon meme train is literally being an edgy atheist on the internet
>>
File: 1463090025931.png (101KB, 800x650px)
1463090025931.png
101KB, 800x650px
>>6699272
The only reasons LGBT are oppressed, is because they are breaking traditional gender norms.

>>6699280
Sorry, I have been fighting online all day.
I am exhausted and might miss a bunch of things.
Fuck, i should take a break for a few hours.

>>6699318
Most MRAs don't own fedoras.

>>6699282
What else can i do?
I'm on the verge of protest in the streets alone.
>>
>>6699335
no it's just that your response >>6699314 sounds like something an edgy atheist would say
>>
>>6699357
>What else can i do?
nothing.

MRA is a lost cause, just like feminism
>>
>>6699357
>The only reasons LGBT are oppressed, is because they are breaking traditional gender norms.
which still keeps it lgbt issues, and not men's issues.
>>
>>6699384
I'll keep fighting the good fight

>>6699398
But if a Man acts like a girl, he is hated.
That's why Transwomen are hated.
>>
File: 1456500063125.png (13KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
1456500063125.png
13KB, 202x184px
>>6699435
>I'll keep fighting the good fight
so literally nothing
>>
>>6696672
No, I'm gay but I'm not that much of a faggot.
>>
>>6699435
>But if a Man acts like a girl, he is hated.
lgbt issues my dear friend.
>>
>>6699464
No! lol

If a Man is expected follow his gender roles, it's a Men's Issue

>>6699456
Culture is on the internet these days.
It's why tumblr has done alot.

>>6699460
Nice Heckling
>>
>>6699464
If it's an LGBT issue, then why are Transmen/Lesbians and /TranswomenGay treated completely different?
>>
>>6699488
>>6699501
If it's an issue related to lgbt, it's an lgbt issue, not a men's issue.
It shouldn't be that hard to grasp.
>>
File: o.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
o.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>6699488
>It's why tumblr has done alot.
>>
>>6699525
>It shouldn't be that hard to grasp
But half of LGBT issues are Mens issues.

>>6699551
Tumblr is winning, wrong?
>>
>>6699525
If Men get the right to break free from their gender roles, instantly LGBT becomes a non-issue.
>>
>>6699652
i have a feeling you're just baiting at this point
>>
>>6699822
I'm not, i'm just too tired today to actually give my very best effort.

But I promise you, I genuinely think LGBT issues are also Men's Rights Issues.
>>
When will society care about Men's Issues?

I don't want Male Supremacy, I want Androgyny!
>>
>>6696672
>- Supports Trans/Gay Rights
no y'all dont
>>
>>6696672
Egalitarianism > Men's right activism > feminism

Feminism is regression for both sexes, Men's right activism is equality for both sexes, Egalitarianism is equality for everyone no matter what
>>
>>6700376
Yes we do.
We are not conservatives.

>>6700385
Well, if you care about Men's Issues.
I'm on your side.

But truly, MEN'S RIGHTS ACTIVISM, is just a subdivision of gender equality.
>>
>>6696672
Fuck off feminist cancer
>>
File: Chrishopsstuff.jpg (253KB, 1152x676px) Image search: [Google]
Chrishopsstuff.jpg
253KB, 1152x676px
I drew this
>>
>>6700460
literally the opposite of that
>>
>>6696672
MRA are almost universally assholes though
>>
>>6701802
No we're not.
We are misunderstood.

People mistake us for Male Supremacists!
>>
>>6701802
Just like feminists!
>>
>>6700367
It'll take a long time.. I'm really starting to feel like gynocentrism and male disposability are an evolutionary psychology thing rather than a societal issue. If it is something we evolved to feel, then it's going to be really hard to get past.
>>
I used to think I was a feminist, in that I thought they fought for equal rights. Then the current wave of feminism broke and it seemed that Feminism was about Female Superiority. I no longer considered myself a feminist after that.

I used to consider myself an MRA, in that I thought they fought for equal rights. I stopped thinking of myself as such after it seemed like no-one took them seriously and that it was alright for feminists to enter screaming matches at MRA rallies,yet if the tables were turned, the MRAs would be accused of trying to keep the Patriarchy Status Quo.

I still believe that everyone should be paid the same amount, independent of whether their pair is internal or external. I still believe that there should be a level playing field for custody cases, rather than the starting assumption that the mother is the better parent to have the majority of custody rights. I believe that a paternity test should be a required part of applying for child-support. I believe that, in the case of a domestic disturbance, the initiator is the one that is taken away and not automatically remove the man from the premises. I believe that pedophilia should be treated the same, regardless of the sex of the pedophile. I still believe that in the case of an affair, it is not always the man's fault (I remember reading about an episode of Oprah where the normally well-behaved audience started screaming abuse at an expert who DARED say that it isn't always the mans fault in the case of cheating). I believe that man and women should be able to wear whatever appropriate attire to work,rather than have one set of dress-code rules for men and another for women. I believe that Affirmative Action does more harm than good and that a person should be hired because they have the best qualifications, not because a quota needed to be filled. I believe that a person should be responsible for their own contraceptive needs and that a Male Birth Control Pill is a damn good idea.
>>
As someone who has always seen either gender/sex not being equal due to sexism in one form or another, does anyone else find it ironic that quite a bit of MAAB trannies tend to be misandrists?

Like, I'm a maab tranny myself, but I've always tried to be egalitarian when it comes to sex/gender rights, but every time I say I am one, it's always feminists sometimes even male ones, that tell me that I'm wrong and that feminism is the way for gender/sex equaility.

How can this be true if there are things like selective service in USA? I had to sign up for that, so do plenty of other men and transwomen otherwise possible jail time. (Though it's not really a big deal, it's more about the point) I mean, they want it to be equal, why aren't women pushing for legislation for it? Who says they have to be in active combat roles, they can be like the women in WWII and some men in the rear supporting.

I honestly am just tired of lib and rad fems in general shoving their ideologies down my throat, pushing for a matriarchy instead of trying to coexist. Sure, it's not equal and both sex/genders face discrimination to some extent and for women it's a bit more institutionalized like racism, but it's so much better, even better than the past 5 years. I just get so annoyed when people say that sexism against men doesn't exist or that men aren't people because they are "oppressors"...I usually just walk away from the conversation at that point. So what, now white people or anyone who has ever oppressed another group of people aren't consider humans anymore?

Like the fact that a person can straight up say that men are expendable makes my stomach churn...and what's even scarier is that more maab trannies are starting to think like this....the irony.
>>
>>6702091

>I believe that a paternity test should be a required part of applying for child-support.

Never will happen if you read the law, depending on where you live. Entering a marriage for example, you are assuming responsibility of that child regardless if it's yours or not. Many people forget this or don't know about it, regardless of modern inventions.
>>
>>6702123
I think that they did change the selective service thing recently though (or they're going to change it)
>>
>>6701989
We can socially engineer our way out of it.
It helps when TV shows and the media around you play their part.

>>6702091
Just be MRA when you can.

>>6702123

>>6702149
Cut this pessimistic shit out.
Laws can change.
You're only trying to fill people with fear.
Fill them with hope. Fuck!

>>6702123
Thank you! This was a good read.
>>
>>6700940
>literally the opposite of that
Not really, it's exactly the same except for men.
That's why i just use feminist as a catch-all term.
>>
>>6703523
my brand of MRA is pretty similar to feminism.
so you're fine.
>>
>>6700870
>>6700385
I love you
>>6703523
>>6703612
But let's be honest, radical feminists are the closest allies of the religious right.

They're convincing parents that unless you kill the faggots, they'll all rape and corrupt their kids.

It's no exaggeration to say the resurgence in homophobia is thanks to radfemism
>>
>>6705347
I love you too
Wanna join our MRA skype chat?

https://join.skype.com/qIInpvQlJOSM
>>
hu guys
>>
>>6696672
I used to own a fedora.
>>
File: laughing ducks.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughing ducks.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>6696672
>Men's Rights Activist
>>
File: what the f.gif (624KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
what the f.gif
624KB, 320x220px
>>6696686
>>6696993
>>
I consider myself an MRA but I disagree with OP if he is who I think he is. He said some shit about gender being a social construct which is exactly what radfems used to fuck over transsexuals. Basically being a mirror image of feminism. I sort of suspect that he's a troll trying to discredit men's rights activism.
>>
Can I be an MRA if the only issue I feel strongly about is that if I'm going to allow licences for my genetic copyright, that I get paid for it, rather than it be altruistic? I protect my genetic copyright and am unlikely to be creating derived products, so I want to license my genetic copyright so that those who cannot make their own derived products can have their own

(dr;tl version: If I give sperm, I should get paid for it. In my country, you can't sell your sperm, it has to be donated.)
>>
>>6696686
>sissify the anglo-saxon male
>>
>>6713737
doesn't the same logic apply for eggs? How is it a men's issue?
>>
I'm sorry, but I don't see how this whole Men's Rights Movement involves homosexual men. None of it really appeals or speaks to me to a degree that is enough to warrant discussion. If anything, MRA only benefits straight white men.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.