[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historically, who contributed more to the success of the LGBT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1470361189086.jpg (68KB, 500x752px) Image search: [Google]
1470361189086.jpg
68KB, 500x752px
Historically, who contributed more to the success of the LGBT movement -- Gay men, Lesbians, or transpeople?
>>
>>6695728
What's the point of this post? It just seems bound to breed controversy.
>>
>>6695744
You're probably right.
>>
>>6695728
From what I've read is that lesbians to a lot of the background work. The gay men are the face of the movement, but lesbians get shit done. They organize and during the aids crisis they were there for dying gay men by taking care of them.

I think it's ridiculous to try and split gays and lesbians apart just because you hate women. Gays and Lesbians together have done so much; you cannot have one without the other.
>>
>>6695744
literally half of the posts on this board are designed to do that.
>>
This post smells like absolute /pol/ bait but I'll bite in a calm way.

>>6695768
>I think it's ridiculous to try and split gays and lesbians apart just because you hate women. Gays and Lesbians together have done so much; you cannot have one without the other.

Agreed 100%. Also, transpeople have definitely done the least. But it's important to still recognize the contribution from gender non-conforming people (stonewall drag queens for ex.).
>>
>>6695776

So fucking true. I went through and looked at the catalog. I guarantee the majority of those posts aren't even created by LGBT anons. It's all concern trolls and controversial posts to sow division.
>>
>>6695728
I'd think it would really depend on which country you look at.
In lots of countries today they only persecute gay men, but not lesbians. In the middle east they only persecute gays and lesbians, but not transgenders. You'd also have to consider whether getting killed is kind of an act of martyrdom and helps lgbt people or not.
>>
It depends what you mean. Who was most active? Who affected the movement in the most positive way?
>>
>>6695768
lesbian and can't deny this but I do think gaymen deserve credit

talking to old homos of all sexes, shit was hell. Gay men tended to take more hits, gay women tended to get worse hits when they did get hit. But they had each others backs more. Lot of fake living arrangements and marriages.

It's hard to tell with bis and trans. The lines are more drawn now. Back then if you were bi it seems you might as well been gay, that's how you and others saw yourself. Trans it's hard to draw who was trans, who was just cross dressing or transvestite or drag or super fem/butch. Lot of old butches that lived their lives as men but consider themselves women they just did it to survive in those times. Lot of old queens that consider themselves men though they look more womanly than the whole kardashian/jenner family.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.