[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychiatrist Apointment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: nagisa.png (273KB, 428x294px) Image search: [Google]
nagisa.png
273KB, 428x294px
Please help, I am finally seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow, I need to convince them to approve me for hormones. If I fuck this up I don’t know what will happen, I don’t know what I will do. I know that if you have anxiety or depression they will delay treatment. I think I have that under control, and they will see me as mentally stable. But I am scared because I read in the DSM-5 that the dysphoria has to cause clinically significant distress or impairment… How do I show this without revealing thoughts of depression and suic….mental problems etc? Will it be enough to say how disgusted I feel, how I hate myself when I look in the mirror, and that I think about this almost all day every day?

Tell me how to get through this senpaitachi

please T_T
>>
If you're a grown adult you have final say in what they do with you, period. Don't let any prick cop, shrink or orderly tell you otherwise. You're the one in control, so let that be your comfort.

If you're not grown, stay the fuck away from those people.
>>
>>6691317
No, they don't...? A psychiatrist does not have to prescribe medication if they do not think you "need" it. Honestly, OP, tell tell them how you're depressed, contemplated suicide, do not feel like you're the "real" you. Significant distress is extremely broad and is different for each person.
>>
>>6690867
OP based on tone you're young and need to get a few things in your head soon.

You are literally God of your body. No one can stop you from doing anything to help yourself. Here is how you convince them:

"I am transgender and I am starting hormones. I hope you will work with me through this process and help the insurance cover it."
It's not up to you to prove anything. The system is failing you and many others. Take the power and put it where it belongs, on your side of the tablet.
>>
>>6691370
>depressed
That would be a reason to refuse to prescribe them
>>
>>6690867
I had the good fortune of having a shrink that is an expert in the field. He has dozens of transgender patients.
I just had to be honest with him. I'm not suicidal either, was heavily depressed, but never acted on it. I did have problems going to school or keeping a job though, so there's my emotional distress.

My advice, just be honest.
>>
>>6691376
>>6691370
>>6691317
>>6690867

Op pls understand hormones can change your bodily physique to only a certain degree, and that the process is time consuming and may not work, resulting in a period where society in general will look at you as a chimera and even in the end, there is no garuntee you will look like a guy or a girl.

Pls think carefully anon, the world is a load of hurt, and it aint gonna go away because of afew needles and pills
>>
>>6691377
The depression is caused by not being the correct gender, so there would be absolutely no reason for a psychiatrist to prescribe antidepressants or anything such as that.
>>
>>6691384
Havent they done a study where the chances of suicide spike after hormones or surgery

current tech isnt enough to change a gender entirely famalama dingdong
>>
>>6691379
>Pls think carefully anon
Seriously did you miss the part about me thinking about this all day every day in the OP? I have thought the shit out of this. and yes i accept i might become a fucking freak. i sure as hell don't want to waste my life pretending to be a man any longer
>>
>>6691392
I honestly have no idea, but I'm going for my Ph.D in Clinical Psychology (I hate that only Psychiatrists can prescribe medication). If I had OP as a client, I would recommend to have him (or her) to have the medication to become the person that OP wishes to be.
>>
>>6691403
the problem is there is a good chance you will still look somewhat like a man
and an even higher chance age will fuck you over

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957

try this abit first
>>
>>6691419
Anon even the best medication can only give advertisal features

It cannot change your benis into a womb
>>
>>6691379
This is true. Don't let it stop you from the treatment you need.

Cancer pills makes you lose your hair. That isn't a reason to forgo treatment.

Being Trans means your entire body is producing a cancer of sorts.

DO NOT LET "SOCIETY AND OTHERS(TM)" keep you back in life. This coward I'm replying to is just scaring you, you'll be fine....

>>6691392
Yes they have fuccboi. It reduced the likelihood of Trans(women) suicides under the age of 30 by 85% or something.

>>6691403
Please don't listen to cis and fag born males shit posting in this thread. They have NO IDEA what dysphoria is like and they just think "oh penis I like that in my mouth and so does OP probably I should comment and scare them off transition"

>>6691421
Go to another forum faggot.
>>
>>6691439
but the cancer dies (Or is beaten down) after treatment

this wont
>>
>>6691443
I myself had heavy depression pre-transition and now it's gone completely. And that without a womb.
>>
>>6691447
I dunno man, it seems like transitioning kills alot of poor souls whom think it'll let them pass seamlessly

even then it feels like it'd blow up once you hit >50 etc
>>
>>6690867
Don't be suicidal. Prove you need to be what ever it is you want to be.
>>
>>6691443
Not the same anon, but another mtf (guessing based on other anons butthurt tone). I think the analogy is perfect. Even with cancer, it never fully goes away or if it does it can always come back.

There is no magic pill for being Trans and fixing all the other problems. However, cut the snake the body dies. Tell the snake head to grow legs and maybe the salamander can finally walk and get food and grow up and swim away and be happy..
The depression goes away when the dysphoria goes away. Unless there is other reasons for the depression, in such a case it shouldn't be considered part of the same problem. But it usually is. And usually that's being in the wrong body.

Anyone who tries to actively dispute science, dissuade transgender women from seeking treatment, or guilt shames another human should be given to isis for a 1080p execution.

>>6691451
>man

Leave this thread. Stop spreading bullshit.
>>
OP, I've been in this thread since the beginning. I am straight and do not understand what you are going through, but I am a psych student. If you continue to avoid who you are, it will lead you to greater depression and possibly suicide. Do not let people who do not understand what you are suffering through to scare you away from what you truly want. Sure there are risks, but there are risks for literally everything somebody does every day.
>>
>>6690867
I don't often say this, but reddit is a better place /r/asktransgender

It can be a bit hug box, but you'll get better information in a timely fashion from a less mixed pool. You are getting a ton of bullshit in this thread.
>>
>>6691461
I am just simply being dubious
and i am both anons you are replying to

I just cannot see injecting chemicals into your body to change your physique irregularily healthy

I don't want anon to be the next person to run into a highway
>>
>>6691451
Hey man. Some of them do.
>>
>>6691483
That I don't deny
but if they were the majority, would we be having that many suicides? (by percentage of course)
>>
>>6691485
We have suicides because of assholes.
If people would just leave those people alone, they wouldn't feel the need to kill themselves.
>>
>>6691497
>If people would just leave those people alone
that isnt likely to happen anytime soon , especially with how not passing probabbly increases that by 200%
>>
>>6691476
Not the same anon, but if you're actually both of those people.

>>6691503
Hahaha where the fuck do you live? Around here girls started wanting to sleep with me AFTER I grew boobs. Shout outs to the west coast of America!
>>
>>6691553
well you pass, that or you are incredibly charming
>>
OP here

I had my appointment today, and he want to see me again after a few weeks :(

I am going to start self medding T_T
>>
>>6690867

Where do you live? It sounds like you live in a European shithole.

>>6691419

Psychiatric nurses can prescribe medication too, as long as they work under a psychiatrist. That was one of my options when I was looking for someone to give me the actual diagnosis. There was also a bill introduced in my state to give Ph.Ds the ability to prescribe in order to alleviate the need for prescribers of psychiatric medications. It was introduced back in 2013, though it hasn't been made law. So far, three states have made it legal for psychologists to prescribe.
>>
>>6698831
>European shithole
Western Australia
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.