[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hrtg/ HRT General Episode VI: Return of the Jaundice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 26

File: bloodtests.png (411KB, 1500x1521px) Image search: [Google]
bloodtests.png
411KB, 1500x1521px
> Help, advice, guidance on medications and dosages
> HRT related medical experiences and research
> Availability and pricing of medications
>Rational and scientific discussion

Please take the survey and help us determine the best medications, dosages, and treatment regime to get the results we want.

▶Survey: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AudRJceTA5C9c2G5lCV2Avq0kQ0
▶Raw survey data: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AudRJceTA5C9cyIWo6_X14AvHyM
▶HRT Anime Girl Info Sheets: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AudRJceTA5C9gQnyM7wxZcBGWRzW
▶Where to get meds: https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu/c-88-transgender.aspx
▶ Also here: https://www.qhi.co.uk/ http://www.alldaychemist.com/
▶ Pill Identification: https://www.drugs.com/imprints.php
▶ Basic hrt info: http://www.trans-health.com/2002/hrt-self-medication/
▶ Hormone target ranges: http://www.hemingways.org/GIDinfo/hrt_ref.htm
▶TransDIY : https://www.reddit.com/r/transDIY

▶ /HRTG/ Archives: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AudRJceTA5C9fiPMDzSLX7xF9MI
Old thread: >>6650307
>>
>>6689218

Is taking expired Spiro okay, like 1 year? I have some that's been opened a couple of times from the bottle, but otherwise has been kept in dark, cool place.
>>
>>6689338
If it hasn't turned toxic, it will have likely just lost its strength. But seriously why would you do this? can't you order more?
>>
>>6689411
>the existence of older-than-x people in the survey data doesn't mean that x-y isn't too late
No, what i mean is you can see in the data people who started hrt at 25yo and older, yet still got good results.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with the timeline for bicalutamide and body hair reduction? It's always mentioned as one of the most noticeable effects of bicalutamide, but I've been on bicalutamide 50mg/day for almost 4 months and haven't seen any reduction at all. It actually seems like I'm starting to get hair on my upper arms and shoulders, and my facial hair is spreading too, but I could be imagining it.

I ordered it from ADC so I'd think it was fake but when I was taking it on its own for a couple months I was getting some breast development, and got like a centimeter of vellus hairs growing back in the corners of my hairline. I'm 21, started dutasteride (0.5mg/day) 10 months ago, bicalutamide 4 months ago, and progynova 2 months ago, if that changes anything. I upped my progynova dose to 4mg/day two weeks ago and my semen volume decreased drastically, which made me paranoid that the bicalutamide hasn't been doing anything. Should I switch to cypro or up my bicalutamide dose or something else? I keep getting worried that I'm letting my body continue to masculinize.
>>
>>6690247

I'm poor. I can't afford DIY and I'm not in a position to get a script. I've been taking it regardless these last 3 days, 100mg first 2 days then today I went back up to 200mg. So far I've only experienced the diuretic effect and no breast soreness but usually that takes a week or two anyways.

I just wasn't sure if it was safe and worth it to take expired spiro pills. I really just wanted to stop the T.
>>
>>6691008
You're probably safe, only problem may be reduced effectiveness it seems (but if you need to pee every hour they're probably fine).
>http://www.medschat.com/Discuss/spironolactone-50mg-shelf-life-274960.htm
>>
What packaging does inhouse pharmacy have? And if I order both E and anti AAs, will they arrive at the same time?
>>
>>6691057

Thank you. For some reason I couldn't find any information, but its probably because I had tranny keywords in my search.
>>
>>6690977
Im taking bicalutamide from inhouse its the same stuff I think and I have the exact same worry.
>>
>>6690977
It's not well studied
You can check for flutamide studies but extrapolating those would just be speculation.
I can say that having been on 25mg for about 6 months there is noticeably less leg hair (and corroborated by multiple people asking if I shaved my legs despite the hair being I think full grown and pretty obviously still there)
I have also noticed vellus hairs on my hairline (but only really one side x_____x)
>>
>>6691201
But do you self med or have a legit source?

Because unlike cypro or spiro where you just know its working by looking at your T what can you do for bicalutamide apart from look at symptoms.
>>
>>6689338
>>6691008
Expiration dates on most drugs and food are rated well before their actual expiration.

>>6691215
>what can you do for bicalutamide apart from look at symptoms.
It's the same with any of the meds though. Just because you have level X doesn't mean that will yield such and such results or symptoms. I tried pregnancy level estradiol and still didn't experience breast growth, etc. I saw better results in my skin clearing up from saw palmetto than anything else. It's all about how your body is metabolizing these hormones.
>>
>>6691254
Yes okay but if you have female range of T at least you know thats not doing damage, if youre at 300 T or whatever and hoping bicalutamide is working it could be slowly damaging you.
>>
>>6691266
That's true. Looking back I wish I would have banked my sperm, got an orchiectomy, then started HRT. I've read too many accounts of spiro stunting breast growth (which I'm currently visiting doctors for now), cypro causing adrenal issues after stopping it, etc.
>>
>>6691292
As someone who is very seriously looking into this Its pretty hard to get an orchi, or even impossible in some places.

I even bought everything I needed to do a diy orchi calcium injection but idk if its worth it.

Ive probably caused all the breast stunting possible now by being on bica, if its even real that is.
>>
I have no insurance been self medding for a year now my boobs seriously fluctuate from being soft and squishy to being tender as fuck haven't really noticed any changes and body hair or facial hair has no difference.

Can't see a doctor is there an at home test I could do?

Should I switch my meds on cyproterone aceate and 2mgs of estrofem cause poor and 4mgs went too fast
>>
>>6691080
Yes if you make a group order both arrive at the same time. They will be in a little plastic sealed cardboard box. If your worried bout rents finding them don't the packing looks the same stores use when they send you shit you order online. I wish I knew about in house at 15 back when they took credit cards I could have easily self Med till I got to a better state
>>
>>6691319
>diy orchi
Alright you're stupid.

>>6691344
>I have no insurance
>Can't see a doctor
Wrong. You could either defer payments, get state sponsored health insurance, hospital coverage (free care), non profit clinics.

Holy fuck you trannies are lazy af.
>>
>>6691375
if you were allergic to every AA but bicalutamide youd consider it, im waiting for a gnhr now but before then it was pretty much my only option.

But yes I am probably crazy / stupid.
>>
>>6691375
I live in Tennessee everyone knows Jack shit about trans peeps.
>>
File: birth-control-pills.jpg (25KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
birth-control-pills.jpg
25KB, 400x265px
Has anyone tried birth control pills?
>>
>>6692152
Pretty sure the dosage on those is minimal.
>>
>>6692161
It's low, but it's also not actual estradiol or progesterone, it's a synthetic of both. So I'm wondering if it has some kind of different effect?
>>
>>6692152
Just No.
>>
>>6689218
HRT advice girl is CUTE
>>
Reposting for comments:

Well, I'm probably gonna take the plunge....

I guess I'm gonna ADC, this is going to tide me over until I can do this legitimately. I plan to start transitioning after the school year ends.

What does the package look like when it comes, does it say the contents, adc.com, etc... would be very helpful. Does anyone have a picture by any chance? I'd like to get a size estimate as well.

So, drugs.
I'm going to get 100 mgs of spiro (or 50mgs of cypro more likely, haven't decided) and 2 mg of Progynova, and to begin with I will probably cut the AAs in half (or probably even quarters for cypro, it seems overly powerful), but I'll probably take them semi-regularly anyways to avoid showing any effects.

I've looked over a couple lists of foods high in potassium, and it seems like I should just stay away from eating a lot of a food really high in potassium, but are there any other general food tips I should stick to?

Also, do you think my account will be ok if I use e-check (Routing number from debit account?) or do you think I should set up another proxy. I also have bitcoin, that would definitely be easier if they accepted that instead.

I don't drink or use my kidneys very much however, and I think my kidneys could handle cypro fine...

I doubt that cypro could lead to catastrophic super-late-onset kidney problems in the future, so I guess I'm pretty undecided.
>>
>>6691215
Self med
Even the clinical guidelines are to observe effects. Are you comparing pictures or memories?
>>
>>6691319
If you have $3000 and can get to Michigan you can have Dr. Arnkoff remove them, no letter needed.
>>
>>6693979
Damn, that sounds really good. I'm not that anon but I was expecting at least $5000
>>
>>6693979
Oh wow time to save up :3
>>
tfw .8 nmol/L T, but only 47 pg/ml E.

2+2mg of progynova and 50mg of cypro every day, I can't go higher on my estrogen dosage as it's my doctor prescribing it, and she refuses to go beyond 4mg a day. ;_;

Is my digestion extra powerful at destroying oral estrogen or something? Anyway I hate this country so much if I could I'd ship injections here, I would in a heartbeat, but only qhi can ship here. ;_;
>>
>>6694035
If you're not already, try to take your mones with a meal/something fat.

Where are you from exactly ? There is a few less known sites that may ship to you.
>>
>>6694095
And I always eat before I take my hrt, or else my tummy will not be pleased.

Norway. Packages often get stopped at the border here too, though I've had luck getting only x2 packs of cypro through, but when I tried to add estrofem once, my package never arrived and I got a letter in the mail saying they stopped my package and that I can't get the contents. There went €200. ;_;

Though I've been considering to have an UK friend receive a package of 10 of progynon depot, then ship it to me, as it's fairly small and fits well in a small bubblewrap letter, so I was hoping it'd sneak through the strict new import rules.
>>
>>6694141
Whoops structuring, I flipped things around and forgot to fix.
Also additional infos: I've been on hrt for 1y2m on pretty much the same regimen.
>>
I take 25mg cypro per day, I haven't had any alcohol since long before I switched from spiro. It's been many months.

Is it okay to do a little (maybe 2-3 pints of beer) drinking if it's just a couple to a few times a year? Nothing bad will happen right?
>>
>>6694283
You're fine. I'm on 50mg day and for a while I drank a fair bit here and there, but not any extreme amounts, anyway I did do a blood test to check on my liver around that time and the results came back in the safe ranges, however some of the levels were slightly elevated above what's normal which made sense, but when I was having drinking habits like you talk about, liver was totally okay!

If you are at the point of where if you don't take cypro for a few days, T levels would still take a while to get anywhere beyond what they are at now, then I advice skipping 1 dose, the you'd take before when you were planning to drink to be on the safe side.
>>
>>6694095
>If you're not already, try to take your mones with a meal/something fat.
is it more effective than taking without a meal?
>>
>>6694318
Okay thanks for the info :3
>>
File: IMG_4329.jpg (767KB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4329.jpg
767KB, 2208x1242px
I plan to follow the serm guide for a few months then maybe start hrt after talking to therapists, is this a decent plan or no? Would this help me stop becoming more masc in the short term?
>>
>>6694413
Yes.
>>
does pueraria mirifica actually work?
>>
>>6695355
Barely, and it is not anti androgenic thus will not reduce testosterone levels, which is what makes you masculine to begin with, so it is a better idea to target reducing your testosterone levels and not upping your estrogen levels. Taking a low dose of a testosterone blocker is cheaper and will have more feminizing effects.

Plant estrogens do work, but it will cost you more than the real deal and are significantly weaker. (also should never be used together.)
>>
>>6695485
>so it is a better idea to target reducing your testosterone levels and not upping your estrogen levels
If you had to pick one I mean, for most potent feminization you do both.
>>
File: 15.gif (424KB, 486x486px) Image search: [Google]
15.gif
424KB, 486x486px
I am going to buy estrogen at a pharmacy but I live in the third world and I'm pretty sure they don't have Estrofem or Progynova, and I'm worried they will give me some random shit that doesn't work or has nothing to do with what I want. I have no idea how to ask for it to avoid that because just asking for oral estrogen doesn't change much, or does it? Any help?
>>
>>6693551
The package should just say either "non-restricted medication" or "health products"
>>
Ooh! Lots of good things over here.

>Started hormone blockers early
>didn't expect much
>at least I won't get more masculine right?
>I start to notice facial hair growing less
>body hair thinning
>A year or so later and I don't grow any facial hair

It's fantastic. I don't really have anyone to talk about how great it is with, because all my friends are cis people, and I don't think they would really appreciate how big of a deal it is to me. Laser hair removal sounds like a pain in the butt. Sometimes I think about how big of a bullet I dodged there.

>On estrogen at .025 mg per day
>Honestly didn't expect anything, thought it was too low of a dose to do anyhting
>It's been two months since I started, a little more
>I have little boobies coming in now
:D
I don't know. It just makes me so happy. It'll still be a while before I actually have breasts, but it's at the point where they're visible through my shirt if I don't wear a bra.
>>
>>6695763
Ask for an oral synthetic 17-beta-estradiol , say you want either "estradiol valerate" or "estradiol hemihydrate". Make sure you don't get conjugated estragens
>>
>6696379
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>6696394
Thank you!
>>
>>6696379
How "early"?
>>
>>6689218
Does IHP accept master card ?
>>
Hey thread
just got my meds delivered this morning (qhi)

does this sound like a good starting dose?

-50mg spiro+ 2mg progy, after lunch
-50mg spiro after dinner

or should i take the e in the morning or something, or even wait a couple of weeks for that?
>>
>>6696652
E-check only if US
>>
What is the best cypro source for someone in the US?
>>
File: sad (but also furious) frog.jpg (4KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
sad (but also furious) frog.jpg
4KB, 318x159px
easy mode passer get out reeeeee
>>
>>6693887
self med from what site?

>>6693979
I dont live in america.
>>
>Live in bumfuck nowhere alabama
>talk to therapist about gender dysphoria
>he supports me and is willing to write referral if needed for hrt
>but neither he nor I know where to even start for hrt, like which doctors to speak to or anything
I dont want to self-medicate and the only thing he and I could think of doing was just calling up the nearest doc to see what they knew/what they would do. Can anyone give any help at all before I make the call?
>>
>>6699030
Age is literally a meme, genes are everything
>>
Whats the process for getting a script for hormones?
>>
>>6699148
It was from brandmedicines

>>6699326
The reality is earlyfags are very rarely fucked by genetics and if you catch someone with the shittiest genetics early and they'll be perfectly fine
>>
Cypro or Spiro?
>>
>>6691292

>I've read too many accounts of spiro stunting breast growth

Me too. I hope I didn't get memed by sour grapes American trannies telling me spiro is a totally adequate anti-androgen and that the Europeans were just bullshitting about cyproterone. Hoping estrogen shots puts that fear to rest by making my breasts grow larger.

>>6694141

Do you know how big the progynon depot boxes are? I've been wondering that myself but no one has given me an answer despite asking multiple times. I'm sure it's pretty small since 1ml and the ampules the stuff comes in are so small, but I plan to order 60.

>>6694413
>>6694629

I have been skipping breakfast with my morning dose, maybe that's the reason.

>>6696379

Also wondering how early. But 0.025mg a day? Is that even a real dose? Are you sure you didn't misplace the period?

>>6696817

I've heard you should take it at night since that's when your body releases sex hormones and growth hormone. Again, just what I've heard.

>>6699316

Try http://www.lifescript.com/doctor-directory/condition/g-gender-identity-disorder-al.aspx
>>
>>6699875

(Continued)

>>6699449

I went to a psychiatrist who gave me the GID diagnosis. I then made an appointment with the endocrinologist he referred me to, who had experience with other trans people. The day before my appointment, I got a referral to the same endocrinologist from my pediatrician using the one I got from the psychiatrist, because his is the one that counts for insurance purposes. The endocrinologist's intern then wrote me a prescription.

Though it probably sounds like a lot of work and time, I actually got the appointment with the psychiatrist the very next day after emailing him, and he gave me the referral and diagnosis in that same first appointment, and I never had to see him again. The endocrinologist was more trouble since his wait times the only way I could see him is 5 months long. If I had gone with a different endocrinologist I know of at a different hospital, the whole process of going from self-medding to a legitimate prescription would have taken 1 week. I also think the fact I had already been self-medding for 3 months before I met the psychiatrist helped with him giving me what I needed in a single appointment. I really should have gone with the other endocrinologist since I can't see the one I'm with frequently enough to avoid self-medding, but by the time I had gone to my pediatrician to get his referral, I had already confirmed the appointment with the slow one.
>>
>>6691292
>I've read too many accounts of spiro stunting breast growth

First time I've ever heard of that. Source on the claim? I'm curious and a little scared.
>>
>>6699878
awesome thanks for the info!
>>
>>6699911

You're welcome.
>>
>>6698025
Still looking for an answer ;.;

QHI a good bet? Certainly cheaper than the last batch which I got off of ADC.
>>
>>6699601
was it calutide or casodex?
>>
>>6699842
Cypro
>Long half-life
>Few annoying side effects
>Progesterone included
>Blocks receptors & halts production
>Is made to specifically block androgen

Negative aspects would be the possible depression arising (should be resolvable by supplying vitamin B12), and that it's harder on the liver (which can be take care of by ramping dose down over time).

Spiro is safer in comparison, but required much larger doses and have a shit ton of (nonfatal) side effects.
>>
>>6701270
>nonfatal
For the most part yes, but when it drops your blood pressure so low you get heart palpitations it's not only scary but potentially dangerous.

Also I did get blood tested, it wasn't potassium.
>>
>>6701270
Thanks for the detailed response anon! I'll order some after my current Spiro supply runs out, I'd rather not waste this $100+ dollars I already spent.
>>
>>6691344
>cause poor and 4mgs went too fast
damn is 2mg of E enough though? whats your cypro dosage? because if you have been on 50mg for a year you could probably drop it to 25mg then use the money you save to buy more estrogen
>>
>>6699875
>Do you know how big the progynon depot boxes are? I've been wondering that myself but no one has given me an answer despite asking multiple times. I'm sure it's pretty small since 1ml and the ampules the stuff comes in are so small, but I plan to order 60.
I am not sure either, but they look pretty small in the pictures on alldaychemist. But if you're ordering 60 that's possibly a bit beyond to be a letter.
>>
>>6701279
Oh yes, didn't really consider that, and potassium too is something that could turn fatal so I should have put 'mostly nonfatal' there I guess.

>>6701285
No probem, and yeah if you can choose; take cypro.
Price would also be about the same as spiro if taken at 50mg (1/4 the spiro dose), but over time you can ramp cypro down to 25 or 12.5mg even which would mean only half or 1/4 the price.
>>
>>6701270
>Progesterone included
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the progestin effects of cypro were pretty much negligible, at least in a trans hrt context.
>>
>>6701377
I'm the heart palpitations from spiro poster above, I switched to cypro and will totally back everything this poster says about it being the bee's knees.

I was on spiro for around 2 years, and at about 4 months on cypro I lowered dose to 25mg. It's been a month since then and my libido has only gotten lower and I don't even put out a drop of fluid when I do orgasm, which is less than the drop or two I was getting a month ago.

So if the person considering switching does indeed switch, and has been on spiro for a while, it might not require a full year to drop the dose to 25mg. I suspect my already fairly atrophied balls at the start of cypro helped in this regard.
>>
>>6701113
Idk m8 it's all the same shit
>>
Can I take Bicalutamide and Spiro at the same time as AAs?
>>
When is the best time of the day to take my Cypro and Fin does?

I've been taking them before I go to sleep
>>
>>6701373

>that's possibly a bit beyond to be a letter.

I'm not familiar with that expression.
>>
File: 1470414158352.jpg (396KB, 1374x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1470414158352.jpg
396KB, 1374x1600px
>>6701984
>>
File: 474732133_344f5adb2a.jpg (37KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
474732133_344f5adb2a.jpg
37KB, 309x309px
What would be the benefits of adding progesterone and/or switching to cypro? Currently on 200mg spiro and 4mg E daily.
>>
Has anyone ever switched from cypro to bical? If so, did you notice any positive effects from the switch?

Im thinking of switching, but not sure if many have tried it out.
>>
File: 1434184445835.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1434184445835.gif
1MB, 480x270px
I need help with something. I can only get oral estradiol VALERATE where I live. What's the opinion on this? Should I take it? If so, how much?
>>
File: progymon.jpg (112KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
progymon.jpg
112KB, 900x900px
i just did my weekly DIY estrogen injection, normally i use a 23G needle but i ran out of those and had to use a 20G needle. it REALLY fucken hurt and i was injecting the oil it stung, once i pulled out the needle some oil and blood seeped out. did i get it in a vein? will my levels be off this week?
>>
>>6705062
Where do you get your needles from?
>>
>>6705087
here in sweden theres a vendor that sells them online
>>
>>6705062
why do people get injections instead of just pills, it's so much easier
>>
>>6705062
If you think that's bad, try an 18G (had to use one for a couple weeks after pharmacy fuckup).
0/10 would not recommend
>blood everywhere
Everything's okay. You hit a blood vessel, it happens sometimes, especially when using a larger needle. Your levels should be fine.

In the future: after putting the needle in you can draw up a bit and see if there's any blood. If there is, discard the syringe and needle and try again. Otherwise just inject as normal.
>>
>>6705160
>dissolving pills under your tongue twice a day every day is more convenient than a painless injection once a week
k.
Also, injections aren't metabolized in the liver whereas tablets (even sublingual) are and can lead to problems over time.
>>
>>6705160
Easier yes, but compare the costs of Self med pills vs injections. Its a MASSIVE savings.
>>
How long does it take on average for mental changes to take effect while on hrt? I am going on 3 weeks so far and idk if I can tell or not. I know I have cried or at least teared up quite often in the last few weeks but other than that, nothing.
>>
File: 1468511450295.png (2MB, 1769x2223px) Image search: [Google]
1468511450295.png
2MB, 1769x2223px
>>6705677
also should I inject once a week or once every 10 days?
>>
Is there anything besides laser that helps remove body hair? Hormones have definitely helped a lot but I still have quite a bit and I get really anxious whenever I see it.
>>
I really really need to get on injections. Anyone know how to get injections on the west coast of Canada? I have a prescription for the injections but out here we can only get it made in a compound pharmacy/ apocrathy in new Bruinswick and they cost over 70$ a week. (this seems excessively expensive)

I am moving to Victoria and want to find a way to start injections once I get there. Halp!
>>
>>6705677
get more in tune with your body. i felt changes in the first week. idk.
>>
>>6705677
I noticed an effect immediately (like, 10mn after I took it).

Probably placebo effect for the Spiro, real for the estrogen (it was an injection). Absolutely lovely feeling :3
>>
File: 1468605852515.jpg (267KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1468605852515.jpg
267KB, 1240x1754px
How do you combat dry skin from spiro? also how long does it take for head hair to start to regrow after starting hrt?
>>
>>6706458
>hair regrowth
Is by no means a sure thing and depends on how recently you lost it.

I started noticing a (small) difference after like three months, with significant regrowth after a year and a half.
>>
>>6706458
Drink more water, and moisturize at least with a moisturizing body wash in the shower if its bad.
>>
>>6703822
Bumping this as somebody in the same scenario with the same inquiry. And factual stuff you know for sure only pls. Not heresay of whatever.
>>
>>6706273
Epilating

it's painful as fuck and it it itches like hell when the hair grows back
>>
>>6705566
>discard the syringe and needle and try again.
So you would just be throwing out the estrogen that's already in the syringe as well?

>>6706441
iktf. After my first injection I felt amazing for a couple hours.
>>
>>6706273

If you mean permanently, it's just electrolysis as your other option.
>>
File: bad news gabe.jpg (123KB, 436x623px) Image search: [Google]
bad news gabe.jpg
123KB, 436x623px
>All this injection talk
>tfw live in a state where its against the law to buy sharp needles for syringes online
>Haven't tried buying from fear of getting caught
>>
>>6707998
Injector here.
Don't sweat it, just use estradiol valerate pills. I gave my injection sites a break after like 2 years of solid use of injections, by taking progynova pills, 4mg a day, and it restarted breast growth and improvements. The pills are fine, just take them. If you can get injections in the future then try them out, but for the time being, just go with pills, it's no biggie.
>>
>>6706441
I inject, and I know for a fact that your "10 min later" feeling was placebo.
>>
>>6708399
I always feel a lot better after an injection, but probably just because it's stressful for me and I'm super relieved that it's done.
>>
>>6708499
>probably just because it's stressful for me and I'm super relieved that it's done.
Yeah it's likely this. The estrogen just doesn't have enough time at that point to do anything to you. It's another story after a good number of hours though, like waking up the next day and feeling different/better, having tit pain, etc.
>>
im 17 1/2, should i expect to get any hip widening from hrt? been on it 1 month and have literally no hips at all, how long would it be before i get any?
>>
>>6708597
It'd take a long time and if you do get any, it likely won't be much, but possible. It varies too much person to person. Ossification isn't fast you know. think of how long it takes to heal a broken bone.
>>
File: 1468504504081-r9k.jpg (20KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1468504504081-r9k.jpg
20KB, 720x404px
What doctors in north Alabama will hand out anti-androgen scripts to someone who just wants to be androgynous? Like, I do have legit gender dysphoria (since I was goddamn 14, and it hasn't gotten better), but I don't want to become a societal nuisance or a non or go through the social difficulties of being "trans", I just want to be less male.
>>
>>6709363
Move to a better state. Any state.
>>
>>6709384
Not Alaska. This place blows for healthcare.
>>
File: 456.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
456.gif
1MB, 500x281px
Okay so I have some questions that I really need answered

1) I'm currently on Spiro 100mg ED, Finasteride 2,5mg ED and oral estradiol valerate 2mg ED
If I want to up my estradiol to 4mg I just take 2 pills at the same time, yes? Or one in the morning and other later?

2) I don't plan on getting SRS or even an orchi. How would that work? Can I be on AA for the rest of my life? Is Spiro okay for this? If not, what should I take?

3) I want to take SERMs (Tamoxifen) to avoid gyno. I know this is experimental so you people don't have much info to give me about my question but I want to try asking anyway.
3.1) How much tamoxigen should I take everyday?
3.2) I'm going to cycle it with the estrogen, how long should the cycles be? One month of estrogen and one month of tamoxifen sounds okay?

I'd really appreciate any answer to any of these questions
>>
>>6709363
you're just a beta faggot. grow your hair out and paint your nails. you do'nt need any meds
>>
>>6709953
>u r not TRUTRANS
Fuck off
>>
>>6709953
I do. not. want. to. crossdress. I want to undergo full transition before I even think about starting to publicly present.
>>
>>6709963(Me)
And even after I'm as physically feminized as it gets, I may still never present as female.
>>
>>6709888
Take the estrogen 1 pill erry 12 hours
If you're in it for life, hate to day it but an orchi would be a good idea years down the road. It's not good to be taking this shit (aas) forever. After a number of years spiro began giving me issues and I had to go to cypro, now I'm saving up for an orchi which is $3k from the surgeon I'll go to.
Don't know SERM dosage but why not raloxifene? I hear that's the better one. I think it was 50mg on that but you may want to consult the SERM guide pic. Go to femgen for better answers. I think one month was proper cycle time.

Sorry about all the retarded trannies here harassing you, they're just bugurt that someone is butting into their special club. I'm a hormone popping non-binary snowflake myself but I never tell these guys in my normal posts because then they'd sperg out. Wouldn't be surprised if they sperged out now lel.
>>
>>6710418
Damn only $3k? What surgeon?
>>
>>6710418
Thanks a lot!
I have to find some alternative to orchi because that's really a no-no.
Pretty sure spiro is out of the question in the long run, I have to figure out if bica or cipro is better for this and stick with it and hope for the best.
>>
Is there a place to buy meds online that take cards? Or do I have to use echecks?
>>
Sorry if this was answered in the previous thread, but can I fill out qhi's forms digitally or do they force you to print it and handwrite it.
I can't afford another 3 months from allday and I only have about 25 days of hormones left before I kill myself
>>
>>6710497
If you want hormones, you should commit to max fem. Taking too little isn't healthy, and anti-androgens are not healthy in the long run. It's either get castrated or a get a pussy, senpai.
>>
>>6711051
There's no justice in this world.

I'll probably kill myself taking AAs then, or I'll get an orchi when I'm agonizing, I don't know
>>
>>6711076
It'd be something you could put off for years, man. But no antiandrogen will be safe long term i.e. taking it for the rest of your life. Trust me they're gonna shrivel your balls so much that they may as well not be there. At that point there's really no difference getting rid of them.

Balls or cuteness, gotta pick one :/
I say this as someone who doesn't identify female yet takes these meds. The balls have to come out eventually. You can wait like 5, maybe 7 years or so, after that it begins to really build up in risk.

>>6710488
Arnkoff
>>
>>6711146
That's really sad honestly.

Does stopping HRT for some years and then starting again would do anything?

Also how the fuck does your scrotum look like after an orchi? This is pretty important.
>>
>>6711166
Scrotum looks the same after, just empty. It'll look empty by the time you hit multiple years of antiandrogens anyway. HRT ball shrinkage will, over time, cause scrotum shrinkage too, from the balls not being as big to keep it full size. Post-orchi, for about a year, it'll shrink more, if there even was enough balls there pre-orchi to matter. At my current state I don't think there'd be any real difference.

Do you really care about something -that- minor? It's not going to look like shit, but don't take this stuff if you want big 'ole full sized balls, or get ball implants if it's that big of a deal. There won't be any noticeable scar.
>>
>>6711218(me)
So basically to sum it up: the scrotum will shrink either way and it won't be hanging loose like a gizzard unless you're rather unlucky and your scrotum magically doesn't shrink at all.
>>
>>6711218
Well I guess. I just can't imagine how a scrotum without balls would look like. I just started HRT anyway and I have like half a decade to sort my head anyway.
The problem is mainly that I'm a fucking social failure so it's pretty impossible for me to actually go get something as big as that done without my family knowing pretty much. But I guess I'll have to manage somehow...

Thanks a lot for the info
>>
>>6711263
5 years from now I doubt you'll have issues worrying about your family finding out.

You could even present it as a solo trip/vacation to Michigan (or whichever place you get it)

By then you should be living on your own, hopefully, if you aren't already, and by that time such things will not be a concern.

Think of how your scrotum looks when it's cold and all contracted, rather than loose. It's like that, only flatter. Hard to describe. The skin of course can loosen, but generally it'll be relatively flat assuming years of shrinking and shrunken balls prior to the orchi.
>>
>>6711358
Do you know anything about bicalutamide? As far as I know it doesn't do anything to the testes but I don't know how much time it can be taken
>>
So, I want to get on an AA so I stop getting fucked up by testosterone but can't get on E just yet. It might be a year before I can, might only be a month. My options are cypro and bica. Spiro will kill me and I don't have GNRH-A money. I won't be able to get any blood tests during this time. Which one is the least likely to fuck me up? Is that one any more or less effective than the other? Is it bad to switch to a different AA later?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>6711421
Why will spiro kill you?
>>
>>6711426
I have diabetes.
>>
>>6711358
How long does it take to recover to be able to drive again? I do like your idea, but it might be difficult to cover the real cause without someone to help. Not that anon but I'm from Illinois, it sounds very worth the drive.
>>
So I heard that bical is really good for body hair. If you stop taking it and switch back to spiro or cypro, would the hair grow back?
>>
>>6711487
I know someone who drove again the same day. I wouldn't count on it being that quick, I mean you could have little enough pain and such, but probably a matter of days at the very most. It's an extremely simple procedure and this guy does it with local anesthetic only. Maybe get a hotel room for a night or two. You'll probably have to change bandage and may bleed through it though so beware that you might bleed on your car and don't go overboard.

I'd have no option but flying, seeing as I'm thousands of miles away across two international borders. No direct flights either, so I pretty much would have to face two potentially very uncomfortable flights or stay in a hotel or something.

So in short: you might be able to drive the same day, you might have to wait a little bit, but it won't be that long regardless. However you will only know if you can drive right afterwards after you've had it done.
>>6711380
I'm not entirely sure whether or not it shrinks the testes or how bad or not bad it'd be in the long term. Think though, your balls may be pumping out test but they will be full of antiandrogen blocking the test inside them, so they very well might shrink even though spermatogenesis won't stop. IIRC bica still makes people stop jizzing on proper dosage with proper time, but I may be totally wrong.

Someone on bica could probably answer those questions better, I've only ever done cypro and spiro.
>>
>>6712236
Thank you! Lastly, does he require any letters of recommendation? Local place here needs a therapist letter to make sure clients aren't insane.
>>
>>6705003
Take it. start on 2mg, then up to 4-6mg after a month or so
>>
File: 1470892226113.jpg (84KB, 748x694px) Image search: [Google]
1470892226113.jpg
84KB, 748x694px
is an orchi / srs necessary to live a long life as MtF without screwing up your liver? don't AAs eventually pretty much kill your testicles anyway, so you can at least lower your doses at some point?
>>
>>6710929
just use photoshop
>>
>>6711421
why cant you take E? Its realy not a good idea to spend a year on just Cypro, not sure about Bica
>>
>>6712968
If you are on Cypro, the gonadal tissue gets damaged after many months and you can lower the dose.

Spiro on the other hand only blocks receptors, so if you lower the dose your t level will likely rise again
>>
>>6713004
Any detailed information on this matter?
>>
>>6711436
Absolutely not cypro then, it lowers efficacy of antidiabetic drugs.
>>
>>6710929
you can do it digitally, and then just send it back a a pdf
>>
Errr when did the first signs of change appear again? Am i imagining things?

I started HRT less than a week ago and i feel kinda weirdish around the chest and crotch area. Chest hurtish and warmish and crotch... i dont think i can explain it really. Bubbling? Nah.

Like those infographics show that breastgrowth starts on the 3rd month but yeah...

Oh and what starting doses? My endo put me on 6mg estradiolvalerate and 10mg cyproterone straight away which actually kinda feels like highish doses? Never really looked into the dosages since i didnt plan on selfmedding but now im curious. D:
>>
>>6712993
I'm in a situation where if I had breasts and looked enough like a tranny to warrant having someone check I'd be hacked to death or hanged.

>>6713205
They all do, to some degree. Spiro is the worst offender.
>>
>>6713824
Bicalutamide has no progestin activity (and really no activities other than AA) it it ought to be the best in this case.
>>
>>6713879
Groovy, thanks.
>>
>>6713824
>hacked to death
Deep down getting brutally murdered is every tranny's dream.
>>
Is there anything wrong with taking your Cypro, Finasteride and Estrogen at the same time before going to sleep?
>>
>>6713954
I can't say for sure, but I do the same thing (with no ill effects), then a second dose of E alone 12hr later.
>>
>>6706458
Do you mean your hairline coming back?It depends mostly on the age you start.
>>
>>6713942
I guess I'm not TruTrans™ then.
>>
>>6713879
Actually, at 19 do you think it would be better to just wait out that six months to a year out with no AA and get an actual team of doctors so I start with an AA, estrogen, and blood tests?
>>
>>6712270
No letter needed, just call him up and explain you're transgender and want an orchi, book your appointment, etc.
>>
I've been self-medding for just over 6 weeks now

When should I get my first blood tests done?

3 months?
>>
>>6689218
what would happen if I snort fat rails of estrogen pills everyday? is this effective? i want to mix it with sum oxy bruh
>>
>>6714042
If you're diabeteanon, yes. Tbhon pre-existing conditions is one of the case I'd strongly recommend not self-medding. (if at all possible)
>>
>>6715154
Yeah, I am. I'm just at the point where I feel like I'd rather just die than keep on living like this after ~5 years of conscious repression.
>>
>>6715172
Two things: you know you can self-med if it becomes unbearable (that kindof thought/possibility helped me a lot, personally); at 19, for better or worse, you'll get about the same final results starting now or in 6-8 months.

W/r/t risks of self-medding bicalutamide, the problem is, sex steroids influence metabolism, so it could potentially make your required dose varies in ways I don't know enough to predict.

Also you're seeing an endo for your diabete, right ? Possible to talk to them about it ? (It's pretty cringe when patient do that tbhon, but maybe you can force their hand a bit)
>>
>>6714073
Awesome, thank you for answering everything! I'll definitely work towards it when my schedule opens.
>>
>>6714123
Once a month until the third month is what's recommended just to make sure everything's all good. After that every 3 months should be just fine,
>>
>>6705677
For me there was definitely an immediate calm, but I was feeling pretty neutral around 3 months until things started feeling really different.
>>
>>6689218
I WANT BOOBS
>>
>>6713380
>My endo put me on 6mg estradiolvalerate and 10mg cyproterone straight away
Well 6mg is the full estrogen dose, but 10mg of Cypro is a pretty low dose. Maybe you just have low T already, and Cypro can be pretty effective at low dose for many people
>>
>>6714339
>snort fat rails of estrogen pills
This sounds like a good meme
>>
What is the pointin starting at a low dose of estrogen? If i self med is it ok to start at 4mg?
>>
>>6693979
>I did this
>>
>>6717238
Hmmm thanks. Im gonna ask her the next time i see her. I forgot to ask what the results were over my excitement to start mones haha.
>>
alright, so ive been looking at self medding for a while now, and i was wondering if anyone here has experience with a combination of bica, finasteride, and estradiol valerate, and can tell a bit about their experience with it, perhaps also answer some questions.
as far as i can tell, then bica and finasteride should block all the testosterone and its metabolites from binding. the effect of this should be most of what you would want from any AA right? As far as i can tell, the safer of the combinations that are available, short of GNrH analogues; but how effective is it comparatively?

most of the doctors i know discourage self medding, mostly because of who is supplying the medications and not familiar with HRT in general. how would i go about finding a legitimate supplier and finding out the correct doses i would need? will taking too little of it fuck me up as much as taking too much of it?

i guess an all round question is if anyone is familiar with HRT in germany, i hear people from other eu countries can be prescribed and monitored in germany in the same was as they are in america.
>>
How long does it take to get results of a CBC, CMP, FSH, LH, estradiol, testosterone total and free, lipids, and urinalysis test?
>>
What's a good starting dose of estrofem? 2 or 4mg?
>>
>>6719425
>i hear people from other eu countries can be prescribed and monitored in germany in the same was as they are in america.

Are you talking about informed consent?
Im from germany, and altough i neither went IC or selfmed, the paper my endo gave me (and i had to put my signature on) was just what id expect from IC.
All the infos, and then me having to agree to the treatment assuring im aware of the risks.

Worth a shot id say.
>>
File: 1468460384468.gif (491KB, 480x250px) Image search: [Google]
1468460384468.gif
491KB, 480x250px
I've been injecting in the dorsogluteal site, mostly because that's the first one I found tutorials for, but I recently found out that nursing texts and stuff mostly recommend against it nowadays.
So I wanted to try and switch to the ventrogluteal site, but I'm worried because all the guides I've seen assume you're not self-injecting, and it seems like finding the injection site on one's own might be a little tricky.

Does anyone here inject in the ventrogluteal site?
Do you have any advice on how to do so?

I was thinking maybe I could just put my fingertips on the greater trochanter, look at where the butt of my palm sits along the proximal/distal axis, then move my hand up so that my fingertips are now at that location, then find the right spot along the antereoposterior axis the way a nurse normally would, by putting my index finger on the anterior superior illiac spine and spreading my middle finger out?
>>
>>6721614
so i would have to get in contact with an endo or gynecologist rather than a regular doctor? will any work or are there some that are better suited for trans people?
>>
Err how does sublingual work exactly? How long does it take for the pills to dissolve and do i need pills specific for sublingual?

Tried placing a pill under my tongue and just letting it sit there but after 15 minutes its still there and only part of it fell appart into some weird tasting powder? (i tasted it when the pill slipped out from under my tongue because i gulped down some salvia)
>>6723441
Its a endocrine thing so you'd have to visit a endo. Your general health practioner doesnt know enough about the endocrine system to deal with this, probably.

Go to a endo. One with trans experience would be helpful, but not neccesary.
Gyno... mayyybe. They ought to know a thing or two about endocrine issues but they most likely dont know about HRT. So yeah, the endo is the specialist you want to consult here.
>>
>>6723567
thought so, you wouldnt by any chance know if there are any endos in hamburg or the northern part of germany? or how to find one

is it as simple as just calling them on the phone?
>>
>>6723686
Sorry, my area is more around Frankfurt. :( Maybe Phienchen from mtfg can tell you about some, IIRC she lives in the northern part of germany.

Yeah, of course.
Call/email, talk to the reception/secretary about making an appointment and why. They'll probably tell you whether they do informed consent or not.

Note though that i needed a receipt from my psych to go to the endo. (had to give it there to the reception) Dunno how that is when you go trough informed consent instead. (or whether that really is a thing here in germany...)
>>
>>6723732
thank you so much for the help! i will see if i can find Phienchen. i really hope this is possible for me
>>
>>6719463
I use a private medical clinic and get the results texted to me about a week after they take the blood sample.
>>
>>6723567
>do i need pills specific for sublingual
Yes, if you are trying to take progynova sublingualy you will just swallow it
>>
>>6723732
i love that 2 germans are speaking english to eachother on the internet

i wish i knew languages and stuff...
>>
>>6723894
Im taking Gynokadin.
When i asked my endo about sublingual she said sublingual and ingested doesnt make any noteable difference... this is probably why: because the pills she prescribes CANT be taken sublingually?
Sigh.

>>6723941
Happens more often than you might think! :P

I can only reccomend you to justdoit.mov , being bilingual is actually required here, Trilingual optional. (usually German, English and French).

Is it not whereever you live? Like, all the schools here teach german and english at minimum.
>>
>>6689218
Hey all, I got a good little HRT question- my meds are arriving later today, and I'm wondering whether I should start them all at once or start spiro before E or what. Also curious about how to taper doses. Any advice very much appreciated, thanks!
>>
>>6723941
im not german though, but i can speak it to some degree
>>
Why does everyone use spiro or cypro? What's wrong with bica? From my perspective it seems better all around.
>>
>>6725848
Price, availability, measurability of effects?
>>
>>6725885
>Price
Compared to spiro, sure, but not cypro.
>availability
Do doctors not like prescribing it or something? It's on IHP.
>measurability
That's a good point. Hadn't considered that.
>>
>>6725900
>but not cypro.
Huh? On IHP you can get cypro for $0.98 per 50mg tablet (and many people get satisfying results with 25mg or less), while Bica costs $1.83 per 50mg tablet, and from what I understand that's a minimal dose.

>Do doctors not like prescribing it or something? I
I'm not sure, but I've heard of doctors only prescribing spiro.
>>
>>6725922
I'm not really well informed on this, quite the opposite in fact, but the Anime Girl Infographics in the OP suggest 25/50/100 for cypro and 12.5/25/50 for bica. I'll go check some other sources I suppose.
>>
>>6725949
Hmm, the cypro things was edited by somebody (?). 100mg is definitely not a recommended nor usual dosage, and I'm quite sure I didn't put that in there.
>>
>>6725977
The 50mg of bica daily is solid though?
>>
>>6726017
I've not seen solid data when used for HRT, in prostate cancer dose are 50-150mg.

On leddit, some recommend 50mg but again without evidence.

3 people responded to the poll, with dose 50, 100, 150mg.

Conclusion : not sure lol, but not less than 50mg. Can try it and adjust upward (or not) after seeing the effects.
>>
So everyone knows you're not supposed to keep medication above 30 degrees Celcius (86 degrees Fahrenheit). Because of all the heat we're experiencing in the northeast right now, I became curious about how hot it is in my room, which is where I keep my medications. It turns out it's somewhere between 90 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit in there. I also have no air conditioner. So just how worthless are my meds now? Anyone have a study on how cyproterone acetate and estradiol are affected by temperature?

Also, where do you all keep your meds? Obviously I can't keep mine in the refrigerator because my parents would find it. I also don't have an air conditioner in my room. The basement is the coolest place, but it's always filled with bullshit and my dad goes down there to move stuff around all the time. So it's off limits as well. I could get a mini-fridge for my room. And I guess to protect my next purchase, the cost would be worthwhile.
>>
Just placed my first order with inhousepharmacy!!! Excited, nervous... No confirmation yet. They'll send it without me emailing a script right?
>>
I am considering hrt (mtf). What are some indicators that it will be effective. I have read for breast size age and size of female relatives is a good indicator. What about facial effects? I am 22 y/o male with baby face and wondering if I have some intersex condition. I have low testosterone and have not tested estrogen yet.

Tl;Dr
If I have intersex condition before hrt, will it be more or less effective on me?
>>
>>6724094
Start them both at the same time. What dosages where you going to start at? Most people start e at 2mg then after a month or so up it to 4mg, I guess its mainly so you can adjust to the effects gradually, particularly the mental changes
>>
>>6725848
>What's wrong with bica?
I don't want erections and testosterone poisoning my brain...but hey if you like having a working penis bica is for you
>>
>>6726092
From what i have read dosages higher than 200mg greatly increase the risk of dying from a random heart attack, so its probably a good idea to keep 150mg as an upper limit
>>
File: ausie eski.jpg (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ausie eski.jpg
47KB, 512x512px
>>6727083
why not just buy an eski m8?
>>
>>6727403
welcome to drug addiction friend :)
Ya i ordered my first dose on Monday night, and got an conformation and shipping emails from them Tuesday morning. No prescription was mentioned at all.
>>
>>6727821
>I am 22 y/o male with baby face and wondering if I have some intersex condition
GET ON HORMONES
Seriously don't take the gamble of waiting, you may just have delayed purity. If you get on estrogen your face will become more female, the only thing that wont change in your face is bone. If you have intersex condition you might not see as much changes as a normal person, but that is because you would already be already starting from a more feminine place.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160814-080854.png (414KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160814-080854.png
414KB, 720x1280px
>>6727083
You can keep medication over 30 C, if it's only for a few week at most. One of the thing done when developing a medicine is putting the tablets at high temperature for a few months to test stability (pic related)

In a dark closet, or in a drawer, is fine.
>>
>>6727843
>Start them both at the same time
Most people say otherwise, are you aware of anything that indicates the efficacy of one over the other?

I took spiro and E today, and I actually felt kind of drunk?! Super weird, maybe it was the effect of something else, but it was definitely interesting.
>>
there was a picture that showed a timeline with the changed and how many months on hormones.
Does anybody have it?
>>
>>6728417
its on wikipedia.
>>
File: HRTchart.png (20KB, 1107x409px) Image search: [Google]
HRTchart.png
20KB, 1107x409px
>>6728417
>>
When you get laser, how long before the session do you shave?

They say night before but closer to the appointment should be better, right?
>>
>le genes meme
if you have bad genes then you deserve to look like shit
>>
Hey, so this might be a stupid question, but I'm just extremely nervous.
Right now I'm on a dosage of 4mg progynova and 100mg of spironolactone, both orally. I'm not so much worried about the sprio my T levels are fine, but I am a bit scared of being on such a low does of E. I've been on this dose since the start of the year and I've definitely noticed changes especially in breast growth and libido. The thing I'm worried about is if being on such a low dose has altered the effects of the hormones, and if it has, would going on a full dosage by november change it?

I've been on spiro since I was 15 (18 now) if that changes anything.

>tl;dr Has being on a low dose of E fucked up my HRT?
>>
>>6728750
4mg is pretty standard. Its a very common dosage and I wouldn't be too worried about it, as only sometimes do doctors up people to 6mg. If it worries you try getting your levels checked and see if you need to make the change.
>>
>>6727876

Actually, that's a good idea. There's a small one around the house. It's just a bit more effort than a mini-fridge, and definitely more concealable.

>>6727948

That's good to know then, that's a relief. But it doesn't seem like I should risk it when I switch to injections. Do you know if that time is total or contiguous, though?

>>6728750

Like >>6729195 said; 4 mg is the normal dose.
>>
>>6729529
It's continuous exposure for 6 months.

I think there's no real risk, even w/r/t injectable (sealed and sterilised, estradiol not particularly sensible to heat) , but I get that it's ultimately about peace-of-mind.
>>
So what dosages to start with DIY? I can't get blood tests. I was thinking 4mg estrofem and 200mg spiro every day, is that OK?
>>
>>6729784
Yep, thats a decent dosage. Maybe do 100mg spiro for the first week though, then go 200.
>>
>>6729784
>I can't get blood tests
Dont. Why cant you get blood tests?

Ill just say to do this without any blood tests is dangerous as fuck.
>>
>>6729851
too poor
>>
>>6729864
Can't afford a $65 blood test every few months?
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 392x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 392x720px
>always thought about doing this
>6'4" and 275 lb. [spoiler]almost none of that is muscle[/spoiler]
>almost 21, so the clock is ticking
Do I have a chance?
>>
>>6729784
You can get blood tests unless you live in a place where being trans is illegal or something
>>
>>6729960
>clock
>Le clock meme

HRT might not make me beautiful, having just started at 24. but damn if it doesn't feel good
>>
>>6729851
>without any blood tests is dangerous as fuck.
not really, only if things like thromboemolic diseases run in your family
taking drugs for recreational use is very much more dangerous
>>
>>6730436
Sure whatever. This definitively is more dangerous than weed.

Think of it, when you do HRT blind you dont know wheter your levels are okay, too high, too low or how your body reacts to the meds at all.

Maybe you dose AA and Esto too low and basically nothing happens. Maybe you overdose esto and get to enjoy thrombose and stroke. Maybe you overdose on AA and enjoy all the issues that come from having literally 0 androgens. You NEED sufficent levels of both to live healthily. Your mones regulate a lot more stuff than just "you gonna grow tits yay"

Nah mate. Dont risk it and blood tests aint that expensive.

Do a blood test. Take meds, eyeball what you'd need based on your levels, for 1 month. Do another blood test. Compare how effective the dose you put was vesus what you thought how effective it would be and adjust. And from there you should be fine doing blood tests every 3-4 months only. Dont tell me you cant afford 50$ every three months.
>>
These tests literally are cheaper than the pills themselfes. Dont cheapskate yourself to death, goddamnit.
>>
>>6730499
have too low levels is hardly dangerous, it just makes it less than optimal
i have been self-medding for 10 months with no blood tests, i am nowhere dead. actually i am more fine than ever
>>
>>6730557

Well if something dumb happens because people dont take precaution: good riddance
>>
>>6730557
I'm sure the people that are dead would like to put in their input as well, but too bad they are dead. This is called survivorship bias.

Don't self-med without blood tests just because someone on the Internet says it's fine.
>>
>>6730655
That's valid if the only adverse outcome is death; trannies that had severe problems, yet would still be able to post, are suspiciously absent from the conversation.

I'm not sure why y'all white knighting so hard for blood tests, anon can judge the additional risk as not worth his $. Even if it's not an opinion I share, I don't think it's irrational to estimate the odds are low enough for it.
>>
>>6730655
>make sure you go through the official route hon :^)
>>
How long can I be on cyproterone acetate alone before it fucks my shit up?

Is a normal progesterone and cyproterone acetate unwise? Only asking because of this >>6701270 post.
>Progesterone included
>>
>>6731783
cypro only really fucks your shit up with long term usage at doses of 100mg or above per day
as the quoted post says, you can ramp it down over time as it nukes your balls and actually stops them from producing T
i don't think there's studies of long term effects of dosages at 25mg or below
>>
>>6731531
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHAT THE HELL IS THAT
>>
>>6730941
>his
TRIGGERED
>>
File: hon.jpg (87KB, 512x686px) Image search: [Google]
hon.jpg
87KB, 512x686px
>>6731879
A creature from Susan's forums.
Have another face of someone who supports going the official route.
>>
Which of the 3 is the best for nuking body hair: spironolactone, cyproterone acetate or bicalutamide?
>>
>>6733116
Cypro. It's going to fuck up everything. Body hair, balls, muscles. Fucks it all right up but good.
>>
File: 1426294657575.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1426294657575.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>6731977
Sorry
>>
>>6733207
Thanks! Ill start at 50mg and go lower if needed.
>>
Do we have any solid info on progesterone? Other than micronized being the best I can't find any consensus. Some say it has anti estrogenic properties so it should be cycled, some suggest you can't have proper breast growth without it, some say it's totally useless.
>>
>>6705572
>it REALLY fucken hurt and i was injecting the oil it stung, once i pulled out the needle some oil and blood seeped out. did i get it in a vein? will my levels be off this week?
what did s/he mean by this
>>
>>6725848
>it's easy and nobody actually does their own research on meds or med sources
>some people will sacrifice other side effects for even worse erectile function
>>
File: 3rek5c.jpg (89KB, 625x581px) Image search: [Google]
3rek5c.jpg
89KB, 625x581px
>>6713205
>>6713824

How do AAs affect the efficacy of diabetic drugs? Not diabetic, but I'm curious.

>>6732740

Looks like if the Overly Attached Girlfriend girl went through male puberty and was 20 years older.
>>
>>6733897
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3297211
>>
>>6705160
IMO injections are much easier. One per week and no taking 2++ pills per day. No fucking around with a pill dissolving in your mouth for a while. That shit gets tiring.

>>6705062
You're probably fine. Blood and oil coming out happens. Did you aspirate? If not, a lot of nurses don't anymore because it's actually pretty rare to wind up in a vein. Out of 200 or so injections I've only had one aspirate blood.
>>
>>6733207
>>6733116
I actually kept hearing that bical is much better for body hair loss, not sure if there are any sources tho
>>
>>6734543
IMO the main problems with bica are these:
1. no solid consensus on a good dose, not enough info out there
2. still leaves testosterone in your body, still leaves you fertile (could be neutral or positive for some)
3. expensive (not an issue for some)
>>
>>6734245
Cypro, and to a lesser spiro, have progestin and glucocorticoid activities.

Progestins increase insulin resistance. Glucocorticoids counteract insulin indirectly by increasing blood glucose.
>>
>>6728504
Odd. My place says "shave 24 hours prior." So I literally shave the day before around appointment time. It's on my appointment card and everything.

They want to see what hair follicles are growing and how much within a 24 hour period. The stubble will be used as a guide for them.
>>
>>6734569
If we go from the pure standpoint of prostate cancer then 150mg cypro = 150mg bica. Obviously mtf don't need such high dosages and neither are they healthy.
Since 50mg cypro seems like the absolute highest dosage most people will ever need 50mg bica should be enough.
Again this is only conjecture but I'm using 50mg myself and got it prescribed by basically the highest of trans expert docs regarding urology of my country, which is also where the main and usually only use of bica lies.
I asked him regarding how it compares to spiro and cypro dosage wise and he said 50mg is what most people would ever need without many of the side effects of the other meds.
Again, this is only my own experience.
>>
>>6734998
Thank you for the information. May I ask how has it effected you body hair? Atm that is currently my main concern. Any additional info is greatlybappreciated as well. Like, I heard that it doesn't really effect you much down stairs, not sure if thats true. Im currently on spiro and my libido has been dead for a while.
>>
>>6735554
I'm sorry but I've only been on hrt for less than 2 months now and on a gnrh additionally.
I don't really keep check of body hair but so far there have not been any big noticeable changes.
>>
>>6735599
Oh no worries, thanks! Kinda hard to find someone else on bica as usually everyone i know is either on cypro or spiro.
>>
File: image.png (141KB, 936x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
141KB, 936x660px
I have the misfortune of living in a state where I can't use privatemdlabs to order blood tests, but I saw somewhere that LabCorp now lets patients order their own tests apparently?
Has anyone here done this before?
I was trying to find out how to do it on the LabCorp site, but I'm confused.
There was a thing where you could schedule an appointment (pic related), but all it lets you do is choose a time and location and enter your personal info. It didn't have a thing where you could actually choose the tests you want.
Am I supposed to schedule an "empty" appointment first, and then go back and modify it to have the right tests? Otherwise, what would be the point of scheduling an appointment, but no actual tests?

Also, if I do figure out how to do this, then roughly how much would it cost?
I couldn't find anything on the LabCorp site that mentioned anything about pricing.
The prices I saw on privatemdlabs seemed pretty reasonable, but I've also seen people post about getting blood tests that would cost a ridiculous amount if not for insurance, and since my tests aren't being ordered by a medical professional, I'm not sure how much insurance would cover, if anything.
>>
>>6736844
at the labcorp i work at, you cant order personal testing. it has to be set up with one of those 3rd party websites like request a test or direct labs. they would set it up and labcorp would perform the draw
>>
>>6737294
>at the labcorp i work at, you cant order personal testing.
Yeah, that's how I originally thought it was, which is why i was trying to use privatemdlabs, but it says on their site:
>Due to state laws, we cannot provide services for RESIDENTS of or in the states of NY, NJ, MA, MD or RI.

>request a test or direct labs.
I never heard of those, and I thought they'd be the same as privatemdlabs wrt not being able to provide service to me, but I looked and they both only say they don't provide service IN those states, and make no mention of being a resident, so maybe I could use one of those two services and just have to drive out of state for it.
I should probably call or email to make sure, but this seems promising.
Thanks a lot!
>>
>>6737641
you could try speaking to your primary care provider and see if they could write you an order
>>
>>6737724
I tried asking the nurse practitioner at my primary care office for an order.
She gave me this bullshit spiel about how self-medding is dangerous and I should only go through the right channels and she doesn't want to encourage me by ordering a test.

I suppose I could try asking my actual gp, but I'm not very confident he'd say yes.
>>
>>6737967
Tell them they either give you blood tests now or wait until you end up in the ICU.
>>
>>6738011
The Hippocratic oath is only a formality, they don't have to actually follow it.
>>
Does HRT just stop working over time? I've read a study done on mice about how prolonged use of bicalutamide can induce a sort of hypersensitivity to androgens and another study that showed men taking propecia gradually started losing hair again after taking the drug for over 2 years. Also saw some dude on here ranting about how a genetically male body can mutate certain glands to produce more male hormones after an extended period of time post physical castration.

Right now I'm just on spiro, oral estradiol and finasteride but I'm scared it'll all stop working as i age and I'll just turn into a hon. Can't get cypro because of FDA bullshit here in the U.S. and the idea of having my T and DHT shoot back up on bicalutamide legit scares me. Just wanna chop my balls of and stay on some sort of AA forever desu but i doubt that'll even work in the long term.
>>
>>6738011
Hm, that's one way to do it. Maybe I should go back and try that.
It was really frustrating though, because like, if I had asked for an hiv test then she wouldn't say she doesn't want to encourage my dangerous behavior.

>>6738047
yeah, p much.
>>
I orderd 100g progesterone pills i stead of 50g
Can i take 100g every other day instead of 50 everyday?
>>
>>6738922
Mg*
Im dumb
>>
>>6738922
Can't you split them? Otherwise sure.
Also why 50mg I'm pretty sure 100mg is a standard dose.
>>
>>6738125

I read about that happening to men being treated for prostate cancer. The study even said that after a few years, the androgen receptor mutates so that even bicalutamide activates it. I thought that was because it was cancer, so eventually it would find the mutation that would let it use bicalutamide, and not something that naturally happens with the androgen receptor.
>>
>>6737724

Not that anon, but I was actually wondering whether I could use the prescription with what I'm supposed to test for that I was given by my endocrinologist to get my insurance to cover it. Or does it have to be ordered by my PCP to be covered?
>>
>>6739110
Its gel capsules so i cant split them
Ill try 100mg and see how that works out
>>
>>6739178
Doesn't bicalutamide bind to the androgen receptor, preventing testosterone from doing so and taking effect?
>>
>>6739362

Yes. In the study I read though, at least in prostate cancer patients, after a significant amount of time on bicalutamide, the androgen receptor mutates so that it can use bicalutamide as if it were an androgen, which isn't supposed to happen. Bicalutamide goes from starving the cancer to feeding it.
>>
So I've been told to take 100mg spiro a day, and I've been given 100mg tablets rather than the smaller ones.
Am I supposed to just take it all in one go, or should I split it and take half every 12 hours?
>>
>>6739592
erry 12
>>
Anyone get drowsy from spiro? Any ways to fight it?
>>
>>6739831
either sleep more or drink lots of tea and coke to get a little caffeine
although coffee has more caffeine than tea, it also has quite a lot of potassium so I haven't drank it since I started spiro
>>
>>6739851
Coffee has potassium? Shit. How badly do i need to be avoiding foods? Is just a warning for multivitamins or am I forever shunned from drinking a cup a day?
>>
File: 1470559608997-r9k.png (892KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470559608997-r9k.png
892KB, 1024x768px
>>6738125
>a genetically male body can mutate certain glands to produce more male hormones after an extended period of time post physical castration
>>6739178
>even said that after a few years, the androgen receptor mutates so that even bicalutamide activates it
FUCKING HELL CRUEL GOD
WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US
>>
>>6740572
Hmm, first one is very dubious, second one is not applicable to people without prostate cancer.

Praise the sun.
>>
So, is 50mg of cypro daily really enough?
http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/consumers/cmi/p/procur.htm
>To eliminate the effect of male sex hormones produced by the adrenal glands, the usual daily dose is:
>Without removal of the testicles: 2 100mg tablets twice to three times daily.
>>
>>6740695
you don't want the removal of sex hormones produced, you want them to be in a female range
>>
>>6740695
>600 mg/d
If you try and self med this you'll probably fucking die
>>
>>6739997
You're fine with your coffee just don't overdo potassium rich foods. In fact you still need some in your diet or you will get heart problems. You can still have milk and potato and bananas and nuts and all of it, just don't go overboard and try not to make them huge staples of your diet. A cup of coffee a day will be fine.
>>
>>6740639
It's been observed in people with prostate cancer. Since men generally don't take bicalutamide without prostate cancer, we don't know that the behavior is due to the cancer.
>>
>>6741820
These studies are done on prostate cancer cell line cultured with bicalutamide. These are rapidly-dividing and androgen-dependant, thus causing a "natural selection"-type effect when exposed to AA, the cells with the mutation proliferating faster, the others becoming a minority.

That selection process can't occur in normal, non-cancerous cells.
>>
>>6740695
That's for prostate cancer patients, who need testosterone eliminated hard and eliminated fast.

I'm at 25mg a day and the last test I had said 0ng/dL, test too low for the equipment to be able to detect.

This stuff is strong, you'll almost certainly be fine at 50mg and will likely be able to lower dose with time.
>>
If my bank doesn't have anything on their site containing the phrases 'echeck' or 'electronic check' is it safe to assume they don't offer the service?
I'm not sure what exactly to put in the Bank Name, Bank City, and Bank State fields on IHP.
Golden 1 Credit Union if anyone has any experience with it.
I was just going to use PayPal but apparently IHP doesn't like them.
>>
>>6746340
You seem to have us confused with your bank's customer service line. So just go ahead and leave this anonymous image board and call your bank you fucking ninny.
>>
Does brand matters? I got something called teva-spironolactone.
>>
>>6746418
It's a first world manufacturer so it should be fine.
>>
>>6734569
1. fair but >>6734998 is reasonable
2.1 irrelevant. if you wouldn't increase your serum test levels for better results, you're just being silly
2.2 fair. i wish it sterilized
3. if you find the right place it's cheaper than spiro
>>
Is it normal to be way too antsy about self medding?
I've ditched my in house pharmacy cart twice now.
>>
>>6747914

I felt that way when I was ordering off of QHI. I was thinking, "No way could any legit site look like we're still in the 90s. This must be a scam."
>>
>>6748222
Eh, I considered that but my worries are more along the lines of
>oh God I'm going to have an allergic reaction to Estrofem and the cypro is going to make me go blind
I should never have read the possible side effects.
>>
>>6748407
Just start a low dose first, then ramp it up if you fell fine after a few weeks
>>
>>6748407
>she read about side effects
>she didn't just jump right into it, embracing death if it would have come
not trutrans tbqhwyf
>>
I've started developing breasts 7 months into HRT, is that normal?

The graphic said it should take much longer

Bit worried as I don't want to get tits before I'm finished with laser
>>
>>6750949
Totally normal. That graphic is quite pessimistic.
>>
>>6751002
Which graph? The one i know claims the 3rd month is the onset time and noticable growth starts at the 6th month.

Which means Anon from above is about on time.
>>
>>6751002
>>6750949
typo

Should have said 7 weeks
>>
Which is safer to self med with? Spiro or cypro?
>>
>>6751550
Depends. Are you more worried about small side effects that will happen or big ones that probably won't? Do you want to fuck up your kidneys or liver? Less potassium/coffee or basically no alcohol?
>>
Can HRT cause Dermatitis?

My sister suffers from it and since starting hrt i noticed similar rashes, behind my knees?
>>
Why do we have to take AAs if they're so awful? I just want a day 1 orchi and maybe 2 bica tablets and be done with it.
>>
>>6751722
you can drink like 2-3 pints a month if you want to, the dosage is low compared to the cancer patients
>>
>>6752123
>2-3 pints a month
I guess my idea of basically no alcohol differs greatly from yours.
>>
If you want to irrationally scare yourself off alcohol, google image "cirrhotic liver"
>>
Crossposting. >>6752098
>>
>>6752347
It can be taken alone, with two caveat :

- Not long-term. Get on E in less than a year
- If you're depressed, it could be the cypro (common trap tbhon, have to keep it in mind)

What's you timeline for when you could get on E ? Are you already depressed ?
>>
>>6752394
>le "can't go without sex hormones" meme
People can live decades and decades without T or E with no serious complications if they take care of themselves. I know 60 year olds who have gone 20+ years without and are healthy for their age. A young person will be fine for much longer than a year if they have to or want to do so.
t. over 4 years without sex hormones.
>>
>>6752433
Fair enough. Don't make it as if it literally had no consequences/adverse effects, though.
>>
>>6752511
>consequences/adverse effects
It's certainly not something where you should feel the need to say "make sure you don't go longer than a year" especially considering any bone density loss will reverse after hormones are added, not that it's that bad if you actually do shit about it.
No arthritis symptoms, never broke a bone in my life, no back problems, no depression, no lethargy. There is less ambition, but having insignificantly weaker bones isn't a big deal.

There are even meds out there which help prevent or reduce osteoporosis if it does develop.

My main point: Of course there are negative effects/consequences, I don't argue against that, but rather that they all can be managed to the point where they don't matter. There is nothing about it that would prevent someone from leading a long happy life, unless they didn't take care of themselves at all. I feel much more positive, calm, and serene than I ever have. To me the positives by far outweigh the negatives.

What I don't like is this myth spread around particularly by trans people here acting like it'll make you fall apart and break every bone in your body and become a hunchback and all sorts of other exaggerations. People in ancient times wouldn't be making eunuchs their servants, -guards-, and other things if they just dropped dead or had serious physical complications develop in a fast manner. They still lived about as long as anyone else, even in antiquity. It takes decades of neglect to develop serious issues. None of the complications are deadly, even if they become severe through neglect. With modern medical knowledge available to us, we are the lucky ones that get to know how to stop, reduce, or prevent issues, instead of having to deal with some non-deadly inconveniences.
>>
>>6752433
The point is, you shouldnt take uneccesary risks. Dieing is stupidly easy if youre unlucky.

Osteoporosis isnt even the most dangerous condition this brings. Testorone is neccesary for red blood cell production as example and i surely dont have to tell you what happens when you have a red blood cell deficency.

Enuchs were fine because theres still other glands that can produce T when you chop off your balls but the AAs inhibit Testerone receptors.
>>
>>6752394
It would probably be about 40 days after I start cypro. Could be more like 90 though.
I have anxiety but no depression.
Sorry for late response, my thread watcher's acting up. :x
>>
>>6752801
The adrenals barely produce much test at all, and the goal with AA's for you guys is to get them right about in that range in the first place, not to completely eliminate it. Furthermore, many people on AAs have test far below female or eunuch range, and still are fine for years.
The danger is in your mind.
If someone has to go without sex hormones for a while because of whatever reason, they will be fine. They're not going to croak or fall over after a year. If they're that worried about minimizing risks they should be getting blood tested anyway.
>>
So, does self medding help or hurt your odds of getting a quick endo ref from a therapist?
Should I try asking for a ref ASAP without mentioning that I self med and then whip it out if that fails?
>>
>>6753884

I got the endo referral and diagnosis after one session with a psychiatrist. I'm not sure if it was that quick JUST because I had been self-medding for 3 months, but I did tell him and he was shocked to hear I took drugs I bought off of the internet.
>>
>>6753904
Yeah I feel like it has the shock and awe effect I want, but I'm worried it might backfire and they'll just think I'm unstable and self 'harming' and maybe put me on fake HRT to stop me from self medding.
I'm sort of paranoid I guess.
>>
>>6753960
How would they even put you on fake HRT?
>>
>>6753972
I guess they'd slip something to the endo telling them to put me on sugar pills and feed me fake blood test results. I don't know.
>>
>>6753884
well, i saw a psychiatrist for the first time a couple weeks ago and they said they want to see me more before they will give me an endo referal. I am pretty sure he wants me to "social transition" before giving me hormones, FUCK THAT.

I am waiting now on my first inhouse pharmacy shipment, and my next psyc apoitment is at the start of nxt month. I hope i will be like "surprise! i am self medding , you should have given me a referral sooner cunt!"
>>
>>6755268
Ill never understand why they want people to walk around in drag just to prove a point. That has to cause more harm than good.
>>
>>6755268
Please dont be hasty. Do you seriously expect your psych to understand the entirety of your problem in just one session? How much can you possibly learn of a person in just one hour (Or less)?

Id expect 4-6 sessions before he can make a accurate assesment, so generally it'll take you 2-3 months, which is about how long i was seeing mine before he gave me the green light for hrt.
Mine let me skip rle too, and didnt demand anyting like that from me.

TL;DR: Chill and dont put pressure on your psych based on a assumption that likely isnt true.
>>
>>6757550
>4-6 sessions
you just got jewed out of your money
>>
>>6757550
4-6 session before hrt is Only useful if you don't feel ready to dive into it yet, that being your decision to hold off.
If you come in there knowing hrt is what you want, there shouldn't be any hesitation to get you a referral since you shouldn't need to "prove" your transness anyway.
Lastly you'll still (probably) be going to the sessions once on hrt and it'll be easier to see if you like the changes or not then instead.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.